Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='estofan']There's this person on Amazon's Marketplace advertising games (in NEW condition) for only $2 plus $3.99 shipping. I found games like Dragon Age: Origins, Mario Kart DS, etc. at that price, and others have found many more, including consoles. It's just a scam, presumably to get your CC details (not sure if Amazon releases these to the 3rd party sellers).[/QUOTE]

I've sold a few things on Amazon. They don't give out your cc to resellers.

My guess is the guy gets your email and then sends you a spoof phishing email and tries to rip you off that way.

Either way, that's just stupid. Even if you priced it at $30 for a new game, people would jump all over it. Putting it at $2 is just a huge red flag. I've sold used games for like $5 off amazon price and people still buy it.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']quick question, how do you save a trade in value for a game to be traded later[/QUOTE]

The only way to "save" it is to submit it as a trade - then you have about 7 days to get it in the mail. But if you are trying to beat the game or something and want longer than that you can just resubmit it every few days if it maintains the same value to get a fresh 7 days. If it drops, then you just have to go with whatever yourlast best quote and mailing date was. Make sure to cancel the earlier submissions before the mailing dates, though, or you may bump up against the 3 per copy limit (if you cancel before the mailing date that counter gets reset for that copy anyway).

[quote name='Miro']Holy crap that's a lot of games. What exactly are you flipping :O[/QUOTE]

IO was right, it was all stuff from HWV's $4.99 sale.

[quote name='handsomepete']I can't even fathom how much Amazon credit that adds up to. I had to go through all of my trade-ins just now to make a guess. Too bad you can't use amazon credit on the marketplace, otherwise you could likely afford this (scroll down a little).

(shipping kills the deal)[/QUOTE]

Well for this 42 game trade, I received $572 in Amazon credit. I spent about $225 after tax at HWV for this stuff, so not a bad return.

No kidding the credit can go fast! Unfortunately, I'm back down to a zero balance in Amazon credit already. Today I bought a Diamondback recumbent exercise bike that I had been wanting. This will go good with the 46-inch Toshiba Cinema Series 1080p 120hz LCD I bought last month with Amazon credit. Now at least I can get a little exercise, while I sit on my ass watching my new TV! :D

[quote name='twinton']IO was right, it was all stuff from HWV's $4.99 sale.

Well for this 42 game trade, I received $572 in Amazon credit. I spent about $225 after tax at HWV for this stuff, so not a bad return.

No kidding the credit can go fast! Unfortunately, I'm back down to a zero balance in Amazon credit already. Today I bought a Diamondback recumbent exercise bike that I had been wanting. This will go good with the 46-inch Toshiba Cinema Series 1080p 120hz LCD I bought last month with Amazon credit. Now at least I can get a little exercise, while I sit on my ass watching my new TV! :D[/QUOTE]

damn that is pretty insane. i've only been using my flipping to save on a small scale, trading in games to buy new games. although i haven't done too bad, since august i've spent about $300 on games on amazon, and it's all been in amazon gift cards, and i still have another $300 left which should cover my gaming purchases until summer probably.

No kidding the credit can go fast! Unfortunately, I'm back down to a zero balance in Amazon credit already. Today I bought a Diamondback recumbent exercise bike that I had been wanting. This will go good with the 46-inch Toshiba Cinema Series 1080p 120hz LCD I bought last month with Amazon credit. Now at least I can get a little exercise, while I sit on my ass watching my new TV! :D[/QUOTE]
Did you trade in HWV cases?

Biking while watching tv and gaming is the way to go :) I've been biking the whole time I've been playing Dragon Age Origins, thats 32 hours of exercise :)

I only had 1 HWV without a GameCrazy near me (I live in IL). All the games they had were missing manual or had HWV cases. Amazon wouldn't have accepted those, so I flipped at GS.

[quote name='J7.']Did you trade in HWV cases?[/QUOTE]

These that I traded to Amazon were all original case, original artwork, and with manuals. I did have to do some switching of cases, manuals, artwork, etc. from all my HWV buys to send Amazon the best and complete copies I had. But still I expected them to find something wrong with an order of this size that consisted all of former rentals...I was very happy they accepted everything.

Anything I had left that was just missing a manual went to Toys R Us (still waiting on their acceptance of that trade). I will post results of that trade in the TRU thread.

Anything that didn't have original artwork, case, or was just really poor condition went to Gamestop. Funny thing is, I traded Gamestop enough of this incomplete/poor condition crap to buy (2) PS3 holiday bundles for my kids. :)

[quote name='twinton']
Anything that didn't have original artwork, case, or was just really poor condition went to Gamestop. Funny thing is, I traded Gamestop enough of this incomplete/poor condition crap to buy (2) PS3 holiday bundles for my kids. :)[/QUOTE]

That's still a lot of trades. I think the lack of a HWV nearby really hurts my flipping ability but I've finally hit the triple-digit profit margin. Unfortunately, it's all in Amazon credit and I have yet to make money out of flipping, but I still think it's worth the effort.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Biking while watching tv and gaming is the way to go :) I've been biking the whole time I've been playing Dragon Age Origins, thats 32 hours of exercise :)[/QUOTE]

I got my bike infront of the ps3 and tv also but it only lasted a few days while I finished Bioshock. I couldn't concetrate. I have a unopened copy of dragon age...maybe I'll give it a try again. Thanks for the psitive example.

Also as far as fipping credit goes, it seems that locally, no one is interested in HWV 4.99 sales except employees so I get to "clean house". I have a bunch submitted to amazon but had too much GS credit because of all the incomplete or HWV cases. I've sold a few GS cards on ebay for more than face value - last one was 96.xx sold for a $100. Buyers are using bing.com I assume, making the deal worth while for them. Great way to cash in in some of your flips.

D'oh! I was about to come on here and say I've had 2 trades accepted the last 2 days with no problems, but no...

I had one accepted yesterday no problem (6 games).

Then just about a minute ago I got notice another was accepted but one item is marked as "incorrect" and is being returned. It is not the incorrect item but it had the HWV "half" cover art (where the front is the same but the back is different). The UPC is the same though. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Hopefully it gets back in time for the GS promo. Had I known they were going to do the $5 bonus at GS (after the tiered promo) I wouldn't have bothered sending it in to Amazon anyway. Problem is, it could take weeks to get back to me.

Hotel Dusk $6.50
Dead Rising: $9
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts: $9
Gears of War 2 $12.50
Resident Evil 4 $12.50

What do you guys think about this bundle I might send off to them? (I've done two Amazon trade-ins w/zero problems). I'm a big Goozex trader and I just think I'll get more bang for my buck this way. I have over 3000 points on Goozex and I'll probably not spend them any time soon.
Dusk: 100 points
Dead Rising: 200
Banjo: 300
GoW2: 350 points
RE5: 500 points

What do you guys think? Any other value propositions?

GRR... I think they rejected my Warhawk because I might have forgotten to turn the cover around. Sometimes, if the cover has a cool image on the inside, I'll flip them. I doubt they bothered to note this.

So remember kiddies- flip those covers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back