Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Japakneez']TOTD
Gears of War 2 $22

This is interesting. I have the original in mint condition that i never got around to playing. The GOTY edition is currently $37 at amazon ($33.30 after ECA) for an $11 difference. I guess i should trade in the original although the bonus GOTY content is practically online MP only....

But i need some gamestop PS2 flips. Anyone discover some good ones?[/QUOTE]

nothing positive, I checked for about 30 min yesterday. thank god I locked in kingdom hearts. World Series of poker is the best flip, $7-->$7 before discounts, but they are hard to find complete. I only found one, but like 6 disc only.

Gears of War 2 $22

This is interesting. I have the original in mint condition that i never got around to playing. The GOTY edition is currently $37 at amazon ($33.30 after ECA) for an $11 difference. I guess i should trade in the original although the bonus GOTY content is practically online MP only....

Well, its $40 @ Bestbuy and they are having a b1G1 half off sale this weekend, so if you have one laying around or some things to add to make it to $60, Thats one way to get $44 of the $60 bucks.

Gears of War 2 $22

here you go ;) some ps2 flips from gamestop i found using the new coupon. many are from old list, some are new, and i even put some slighty negative flips just in case. enjoy everyone.

FORMAT: (System) Game - Used/Edge/Edge+Coupon --> ATIV (Profit)

PS2 Flips w/ Gamestop Coupon
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - 19.99/17.99/13.99 --> 18.00 (+4.01)
:ps2: PS2 World Series of Poker - 6.99/6.29/4.89 --> 7.00 (+2.11)
:ps2: Sunny Garcia Surfing - 3.99/3.59/2.79 --> 3.50 (+0.71)
:ps2: Disaster Report - 4.99/4.49/3.49 --> 4.00 (+0.51)
:ps2: Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel - 3.99/3.59/2.79 --> 3.25 (+0.46)
:ps2: Sky Gunner - 3.99/3.59/2.79 --> 3.00 (+0.21)
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES - 12.99/11.69/9.09 --> 9.00 (-0.09)
:ps2: NBA Ballers - 3.99/3.59/2.79 --> 2.50 (-0.29)
:ps2: Yourself! Fitness - 7.99/7.19/5.59 --> 5.00 (-0.59)
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - 17.99/16.19/12.59 --> 12.00 (-0.59)
:ps2: Culdcept - 6.99/6.29/4.89 --> 4.25 (-0.64)

Others w/ Only Edge (Mostly Crappy)
:ps3: SkiDoo Snowmobile Challenge - 3.99/3.59/3.59 --> 3.50 (-0.09)
:360: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - 8.99/8.09/8.09 --> 8.00 (-0.09)
:ds: Neves - 8.99/8.09/8.09 --> 8.00 (-0.09)
:psp: Silent Hill Experience - 5.99/5.39/5.39 --> 4.50 (-0.89)
:ds: Zoo Quest - 8.99/8.09/8.09 --> 7.00 (-1.09)

[quote name='Estebon']Well, its $40 @ Bestbuy and they are having a b1G1 half off sale this weekend, so if you have one laying around or some things to add to make it to $60, Thats one way to get $44 of the $60 bucks.[/QUOTE]
thats a pretty negative flip. you would lose $8 each, $16 total (plus tax which can be over $5 for a lot of people). that's a ~$21 loss for only the gain of a $30 coupon. I only suggest people do this if they are really desperate.

Thanks guys. Yeah our flips are pretty dried out. Its tough to find those PS2 games complete.

Hmm. Kingdom Hearts is probably the best due to availability + completeness since its a somewhat recent PS2 release. Neves and Night at the Museum are $10 new and fairly common. They are a $3 loss per game after tax...but the TIV is at the higher end of these flips and i don't have to drive all over the place.

Are you guys getting release date delivery with your games you preorder? Those without prime I mean. I think I am going to do that on GH5, $6 and getting the game 3 weeks earlier is ok with me.

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']thats a pretty negative flip. you would lose $8 each, $16 total (plus tax which can be over $5 for a lot of people). that's a ~$21 loss for only the gain of a $30 coupon. I only suggest people do this if they are really desperate.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're going to buy a game this week anyway, say Guitar Hero 5, you can use the second game to get a copy of GOW2 for $20 bucks. Like i said, its filler for people who already have a game laying around or a cheap %18 filler or whatever.

I put release date delivery on Rock Band Beatles LE and DJ Hero Renegade. Only cost $11 each for that shipping upgrade.

I'm having second thoughts about release date delivery on DJ Hero. I did it so i can put up the LE Case on ebay to get some money back while its hot. But if i did regular shipping i would have enough time to read reviews and find out if i really want to use my credit on such a big purchase. Game looks like fun but im not sure if it has lasting power. Its 100% mash-ups which could get annoying or just plain suck.

Only 3 more days till a new promo. Big disappointment or big rejoice. I don't know how they can touch the greatness of these last two promos!!!

Yeah, I'm considering getting prime for all these pre-orders. But $80 is a bit tough to swallow, especially since right now, I'm spending less than a third of that. On the other other (3rd?) hand, I had like 4 seperate orders from amazon last black friday

[quote name='Japakneez']Only 3 more days till a new promo. Big disappointment or big rejoice. I don't know how they can touch the greatness of these last two promos!!![/QUOTE]

I dont think they will ever top the 50% off one, but hey I wouldnt mind if they did...but they wont.

Probably not a 2:1 ratio, maybe 5:2

I think some CAGers need time to rejuvenate their cash funds :lol:

So, it wouldn't be that terrible, if it was a crappy trade-in deal.

By the way, the X41 headset is all of 1% off right now. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered it for $79.xx. It was $198.49, though, instead of $199.99 before discounts ;).

Do you guys think the $10 promotional video game credit on Guitar Hero 5 will expire when the video game comes out this Tuesday (ships Monday though?)? I need to preorder this but I don't think my coupon will come in time.

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - 19.99/17.99/13.99 --> 18.00 (+4.01)[/QUOTE]

Wow - I'm very tempted to trade in the copy I already own for that much. Never could get into the game anyway.

EDIT:

[quote name='Spoit']Yeah, I'm considering getting prime for all these pre-orders. But $80 is a bit tough to swallow, especially since right now, I'm spending less than a third of that. On the other other (3rd?) hand, I had like 4 seperate orders from amazon last black friday[/QUOTE]

I've been curious, so I just did a little math. My Prime renewed on Feb. 7. Since then, I've placed 43 orders, not counting preorders that haven't shipped yet (and there have been quite a few of those, thanks to the gold box + ECA). So that gives me an average, SO FAR, of $1.86 an order. And that has not only gotten me 2-day shipping minimum on everything, but release date delivery on quite a few orders. Plus, many of those orders would not have qualified for the free SSS. So imo, Prime is WELL worth the money if you're a regular Amazon shopper.

How do i pay using the credit from the trade ins i got their is no selection to pay with tha I was trying to buy shadow complex but it only lists credit cards as a payment option and not teh credit in my account

I sent in 2 $60+ trade-ins on separate days (8/14 using media mail and 8/18 using UPS). I did get my trade-in credit for both on 8/25 (one at ~8 AM and second one at ~12 PM). I've only received one $30 code so far. I checked that e-mail and there is only one code listed in it.

Has anyone had multiple trade-ins credited the same day, but experienced a delay in getting their $30 coupons? How long should I wait before contacting Amazon/NorAm?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']nothing positive, I checked for about 30 min yesterday. thank god I locked in kingdom hearts. World Series of poker is the best flip, $7-->$7 before discounts, but they are hard to find complete. I only found one, but like 6 disc only.[/QUOTE]

I went to 5 stores yesterday and came back with 1 WSOP complete, great condition, and 1 with case, no manual, not so great condition, but I'm going to try it anyways in my "risky" package with my LE Halo Wars with no barcode. There's a few more stores by my house with it in stock that I'll try today.

Probably look for Night at the Museum, too, because I mostly need filler for my last trade in.

And damn you Amazon, I locked in a trade yesterday with RB2 (deal of yesterday) and GoW2 (deal of today). Taking out GoW2 would put me under $60. :bomb:

[quote name='kk012']I sent in 2 $60+ trade-ins on separate days (8/14 using media mail and 8/18 using UPS). I did get my trade-in credit for both on 8/25 (one at ~8 AM and second one at ~12 PM). I've only received one $30 code so far. I checked that e-mail and there is only one code listed in it.

Has anyone had multiple trade-ins credited the same day, but experienced a delay in getting their $30 coupons? How long should I wait before contacting Amazon/NorAm?[/QUOTE]

I got 3 of the $30 codes in one e-mail. Check the code area of your e-mail, if there's a comma in the code, then you got more than one code.

Got my initial trade in credit a couple days ago, but am eagerly waiting for the $30 bonus credit. Hopefully it'll be in today or tomorrow.

i thought you could only do one trade per account-and get the $30.
i didnt think you could submit more than one trade

would really love to know how people are getting around this-(without using 10-20 diff emails accounts ) especially for future trade ins

thanx for any future info

[quote name='Baphomet']I got 3 of the $30 codes in one e-mail. Check the code area of your e-mail, if there's a comma in the code, then you got more than one code.[/QUOTE]

Baphomet,

You are right. I did get 2 $30 codes separated by commas. Thanks for the info.

On a side note, I actually like using this UPS shipping option. I've had a hit or miss with trying to just purchase DC for a pre-paid media mail shipping label. It was quite frustrating going to USPS and getting denied in just paying for DC. This happened at the nearest USPS near me. So, I was forced to drive over to another USPS, which allowed DC without paying for shipping.

For me, the UPS store is 3 minute drive so that's my preferred shipping option for trade-ins even though the package tracking isn't that great.

[quote name='youenvy']i thought you could only do one trade per account-and get the $30.
i didnt think you could submit more than one trade

would really love to know how people are getting around this-(without using 10-20 diff emails accounts ) especially for future trade ins

thanx for any future info[/QUOTE]

Compared to other CAGs, I'm at a beginner level for completing multiple trade-ins. I was able to submit 2 separate $60+ trade-ins and receive 2 $30 codes with the same account. I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many $30 codes you can earn per account for this current promotion.

Alot of guys have been asking questions that are answered on Amazons page and in the 1st post of this thread. Just read both guys. It may only take 10 minutes of your time; but you will know everything we do :D

I'm having second thoughts about trading GeOW2 in. I really don't need the bonus online maps and I won't play online much if any at all. Current flips require just a bit more effort and money than i want to put in :headache:

^ tweet09 will give and extra $5 on your first trade.

Do a Google search and there are also 10% bonus codes that can be used.

[quote name='Japakneez']I'm having second thoughts about trading GeOW2 in. I really don't need the bonus online maps and I won't play online much if any at all. Current flips require just a bit more effort and money than i want to put in :headache:[/QUOTE]

I think the GOTY edition of GoW2 also comes with additional level for the campaign where you get to choose between going in guns blazing or stealth into the underground.

[quote name='no_exit']^ tweet09 will give and extra $5 on your first trade.

Do a Google search and there are also 10% bonus codes that can be used.[/QUOTE]

NIce! Gazelle also posts codes on their twitter page HERE. Here are the ones i've seen posted in this thread.

Gazelle Codes

5% bonus - tweet
10% bonus - 3gs
$5 bonus - tweet09

Automatic 5% bonus if you choose 'amazon credit' for your payout. This stacks with any code above.

[quote name='Baku']I think the GOTY edition of GoW2 also comes with additional level for the campaign where you get to choose between going in guns blazing or stealth into the underground.
[/QUOTE]

Dammit. I've somewhat turned into a collector. I may feel a bit bothered playing this game if i don't have GOTY with extra content. And i still have to play Gears 1!

Ok if i go for it my flips will be this for a total of $62 amazon credit...
1x Gears of War 2 ($22 each)
2x Kingdom Hearts ($12 each)
2x Neves or Night at the Museum ($8 each)

The flips will get me $40 in amazon credit but cost me $51 in gamestop credit. Argh

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_exit
^ tweet09 will give and extra $5 on your first trade.

Do a Google search and there are also 10% bonus codes that can be used.

NIce! Gazelle also posts codes on their twitter page HERE. Here are the ones i've seen posted in this thread.

Gazelle Codes

5% bonus - tweet
10% bonus - 3gs
$5 bonus - tweet09

Automatic 5% bonus if you choose 'amazon credit' for your payout. This stacks with any code above.

weird i put in all 3, it said they were valid, but in the end i only got the 5% for taking amazon credit, and the 10% one...the other two 5% codes didn't get applied for some reason, but even without them i just made a pretty good profit so ill just suck it up.

[quote name='tmei2006']What is the time frame to ship the items to gazelle once you submit a trade in? I can't find the information. TIA[/QUOTE]

I think it is 30 days.

[quote name='y2jasper']weird i put in all 3, it said they were valid, but in the end i only got the 5% for taking amazon credit, and the 10% one...the other two 5% codes didn't get applied for some reason, but even without them i just made a pretty good profit so ill just suck it up.[/QUOTE]

its only going to give you one promo code per order and it will stack with the amazon credit bonus as i mentioned above.

I'm guessing you got the 10% code to apply since it was the highest discount out of the 3. These codes may also be a one time use per account as well. Tweet09 definitely falls into that category.

[quote name='Japakneez']its only going to give you one promo code per order and it will stack with the amazon credit bonus as i mentioned above.

I'm guessing you got the 10% code to apply since it was the highest discount out of the 3. These codes may also be a one time use per account as well. Tweet09 definitely falls into that category.[/QUOTE]

ah ok, i didn't know that. kinda sucks..but makes sense.

okay i had 2 50% and decided to go for the logitech g25. I managed to work with customer support and got one of the 50% and the ECA 10% to work.

So it was:
$217.98
-$130.78 (50% + 10%)
-$87.20 (left over trade in credit)
-------------
$0.00

The best part is I still get to keep the 50%. So i'm probably going to get codmw2 for $60 and maybe get rock band beatles with my last 50%. I only have 2 days left to use them as well. Awesome! I love amazon.

How picky is gazelle?

See some cheap games I could get a slightly better than 1:1 ratio for, wondering if they'd look at me funny or quit on their quote if I sent in a grip of brand new cheap games just to get the 10% extra trade in value coupon + 5% more if I get paid by amazon gift card. Or is there a limit how many of a game you can send?

See that one of the answers to their FAQ's is "If something comes up during the inspection process, you will receive an email with the new value and the reason for any changes." Not sure if that just means if I said I was sending a pristine game, but in fact it was game in horrible condition, that'd qualify as something coming up and revising their offer to bad quality quote.

Weighing my options on where to buy my xbox, and getting it 15% cheaper sounds like a good one. Just wouldn't want to get stuck with $300 of crap games.

Question to specific people about their quick picks. Well almost like a survey. IF you have only gotten crap and things not related to anything you're buying/recommending, what did you do to fix it or have you ever fixed it? This, of course, being AFTER you had weeded out everything in your purchase history and gotten your recommendations to only things you were interested in buying(none of which ever show up), in this case being mostly pre-orders of upcoming games.

I've tried every hint and trick that's been posted on here or that I've found on google yet I've still failed to see even one game in my quick picks that is based off of what I'm trying to get in there. Infact, the closest thing I've come to is a ps3 controller and FF Disidia(which was rated 5 star and checked "owned" already for Demon's Souls, so I don't know what happened there)

[quote name='Vortextk']Question to specific people about their quick picks. [/QUOTE]

This is what worked for me. I wanted Uncharted 2, did all the rating etc still wasn't getting it so I went to the Uncharted 2 page and looked at the games listed under "frequently bought together". In this case Assassins Creed 2 and Ratchet And Clank.

So then I preordered Assassin's Creed 2 and two days later Uncharted 2 and other games (mostly preorders) started showing up in my quick picks. From there I did this with all the games that I wanted and now all my preorders are pretty much all set. I'd say I get video games in my gold box every 3 days now as opposed to never. The "Customers who also bought this item" section works too as I had to preorder a game from there to get Starcraft 2 in my gold box. Give it a try.

In the end you can just cancel all the games you preordered but didn't want. Worked for me anywho.

So last night when ToV came up as the deal of the day, i ordered a few copies (1 for myself, and others to trade in) and when i checked my goldbox today, i had LoZ: Spirit Tracks, God of War 3, Halo: Reach, Wi Sports Resort, Mario Galaxy 2, and 3 blu ray movies too. all those games except sports resort were in my recs too, just their all games i'm not too interested in buying yet.

I bought ToV too and only got 1 game in my quick picks today. About Gazelle, I wish I knew about the $5 tweet code - my quick google search only netted me the 5% tweet code :(

Good news: I bought ToV and it shipped already, and to expect it monday (I chose 2 day shipping via Prime) 3 RPG's poped up in my quick picks due to my purchase

Bad News: I own two of the RPG's already (Chrono Trigger DS, DQ IV, and one just sucks (Tales of Symphonia 2 wii)

so do you guys think the next amazon promo will be better or worse than the current $30? a half full or half empty question!

i already turn in everything i had. so i wont bother locking at the last minute trick.

2 more days left for 50% code... still debating between Tekken Bundle or X41.. :)

For those who already has the X41, how's the RF? Is it interfering with wireless router, cordless phone, etc that use 2.4 GHZ frequency?

[quote name='gi60']2 more days left for 50% code... still debating between Tekken Bundle or X41.. :)

For those who already has the X41, how's the RF? Is it interfering with wireless router, cordless phone, etc that use 2.4 GHZ frequency?[/QUOTE]

there can be interference on the x41; my gf was surfing the web on her phone using my wifi and it killed all the sound on the headset and left me with some weird crackling sound. :cry:

I shipping two trade in orders on Thursday and went to track them this morning. One says estimated delivery on Tuesday and the other says "billing information voided." What's the deal?

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I shipping two trade in orders on Thursday and went to track them this morning. One says estimated delivery on Tuesday and the other says "billing information voided." What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Did you print the prepaid lable? and it says voided? seems like they canceled your prepaid shipping lable (just a guess) did you maybe accidently cancel that trade on ur amazon account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back