Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got credited for my recent trade-in that I sent out 3 days late. So that's great news. I should be getting a $30 console coupon I don't need, so I'd be up for trading it if anyone is interested. Let me know.

Still haven't received my $30 console coupon either.

I also noticed the trade-in values for some very new games seem lower than normal:

Brutal Legend: $26.50 (360), $26.00 (PS3)
Uncharted 2: $28
NBA 2K10: $24.50

Those are very low considering I got $41.50 for Batman two weeks ago. It must be those evil ECA stackers!

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 dropped from 35 to 24 end of last week as well. I'm just going to rely on locking in + canceling until the prices move again. I'm figuring they will likely go back up a bit atleast.

And if anyone is to blaim... it would be anyone that actually stacked ECA with the intent of flipping. That is just damn near criminal in my opinion, but regardless it is Amazon's fault for allowing it.

edit>typo

[quote name='snives']Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 dropped from 35 to 24 end of last week as well. I'm just going to rely on locking in + canceling until the prices move again. I'm figuring they will likely go back up a bit atleast.

And if anyone is to blaim... it would be anyone that actually stacked ECA with the intent of flipping. That is just damn near criminal in my opinion, but regardless it is Amazon's fault for allowing it.

edit>typo[/QUOTE]

It's also the fault of stackers that we have a bad economy, high jobless rate, global warming and I was out of peanut butter this morning.

Or the trade values could be lower because of all the $10 GC they have been giving away with games. Whatever floats your conspiracy boat.

Got my $30 promo code at 1:30 AM Pacific from trades accepted several days ago. Now I just need to figure out what I want to use it on (says it is good till the end of the year).

Just got my $30 promotional coupon as well. I currently have no use for it but will hang unto it in case Amazon has some great BF deal on a console I wouldn't otherwise buy. Wait, I bet they will have taken away the coupon by then because of those heinous triple stackers. Use 'em quick!

Got my promo code this morning as well. Really tempted to submit another order in hopes of getting a second code that I could stack for a psp go, but that's a whole lot of wishful thinking.

Hilariously my 360 RROD'D today when I received the $30 promo coupon. Although it is the kind of amusing coincidence that makes me want to cry. I guess now I do need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who have used promo codes such as the $30 credit for a system one that is currently available:

Are you able to use it on an existing order? So, for example, my lot was accepted yesterday but I have yet to receive my $30 promo. If I were to order a system today and receive my promo the next couple of days, could I call CS and have them credit me that $30?

[quote name='depward']To those who have used promo codes such as the $30 credit for a system one that is currently available:

Are you able to use it on an existing order? So, for example, my lot was accepted yesterday but I have yet to receive my $30 promo. If I were to order a system today and receive my promo the next couple of days, could I call CS and have them credit me that $30?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the CSR - they definitely can apply promotional codes to an existing order, but not all of them will. I had the same problem, and had to e-mail customer service twice to get the code applied... although the first time they apologized for being unable to add the code, and dropped the price of the order by $30, giving me $60 off overall, so I'm not complaining. :)

[quote name='sengar']Depends on the CSR - they definitely can apply promotional codes to an existing order, but not all of them will. I had the same problem, and had to e-mail customer service twice to get the code applied... although the first time they apologized for being unable to add the code, and dropped the price of the order by $30, giving me $60 off overall, so I'm not complaining. :)[/QUOTE]

Well dang! Now I kinda want to pull the trigger and try to get it applied later when I receive the code. If I can gamble and get $60 off, might try..

[quote name='rogXue']ok I'm going to regret asking this... do the codes stack?[/QUOTE]

The terms and conditions state, "Limit one discount per household" and "Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates." I think no but that's not confirmed..

[quote name='crunchewy']No, it wasn't the evil ECA stackers. It was me. I'm responsible. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

You freakin' bastard - I knew it! ;)

[quote name='jacknicklson']Got my promo code, hoping to get a new PSP or a DSi depending on what bundles/colors release soon[/QUOTE]

This... Or at least some sort of buy a DSi get a game for free type thing. I've missed that now twice with Rhythm Heaven. I think I'm going to hold off buying that in the B2G1 and hope it becomes available as free with a DS purchase again.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Has it been confirmed that these codes stack?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rogXue']ok I'm going to regret asking this... do the codes stack?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has more than 1 to even try. But given that the last system codes did not stack I would guess that these don't either. The bigger question to me is are they really enforcing the one per household rule which they never did before. Hell, they apparently didn't even enforce one per account on the 50% off code, which I found out too late. But I did submit a second qualifying trade for this promo on my wife's account so as soon as that gets accepted (no thanks to slow-ass UPS it is in it's 7th or 8th day of transit :roll:) then I can see if I get a code. It's no biggie if I don't as the trade was a good one and I don't think I could use more than one discount anyway.

[quote name='io']

The bigger question to me is are they really enforcing the one per household rule which they never did before. Hell, they apparently didn't even enforce one per account on the 50% off code, which I found out too late. But I did submit a second qualifying trade for this promo on my wife's account so as soon as that gets accepted (no thanks to slow-ass UPS it is in it's 7th or 8th day of transit :roll:) then I can see if I get a code. It's no biggie if I don't as the trade was a good one and I don't think I could use more than one discount anyway.[/QUOTE]

they enforced the one per a household rule with the 50% off and the $50/75 coupon.. you had to make multiple accounts to take advantage of it more than one time. the system would not allow me to use more than one 50% promo coupon on any of my accounts.

I already have two $30 consoles codes from seperate accounts right now but havent input them into my accounts because i might trade them or just wait out for a black friday deal.

why does it prompt me to input my account and password everytime I open this link to the first page? wtf? who the heck is tripletags?

[quote name='mitemouse']they enforced the one per a household rule with the 50% off and the $50/75 coupon.. you had to make multiple accounts to take advantage of it more than one time. the system would not allow me to use more than one 50% promo coupon on any of my accounts.
[/QUOTE]

I thought people used multiple 50% off coupons on the same account. In any case, they definitely didn't enforce one per household because both me and my wife received and used codes - both with the same shipping address. Maybe it was one per account though - I only got one on each.

I received my $30 console coupon this morning for a trade accepted two days ago. I have no need for this coupon so would be up for trading it. PM me if interested.

can I ship multiple trade in orders together in the same box. I know they wont all be counted in the same transaction for coupon purposes, but I don't wanna send more than 1 package if I dont need to. I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem, but don't wanna get screwed if they some how track it by shipping labels.

[quote name='io']I thought people used multiple 50% off coupons on the same account. In any case, they definitely didn't enforce one per household because both me and my wife received and used codes - both with the same shipping address. Maybe it was one per account though - I only got one on each.[/QUOTE]

when they say household, they mean account.. I had 5 50% off coupons from 5 different accounts. same address for all of them. and when i tried using more than two on any account, it would not let me.

So is it any game i trade in? say i trade gow 2 on one account make another account trade in mass effect, would i get a code for both?

[quote name='SageBigly']So is it any game i trade in? say i trade gow 2 on one account make another account trade in mass effect, would i get a code for both?[/QUOTE]

your trade in has to be $60 or over to qualify for this promotion. If you traded in one order of $60 to one account and then did the same for another different account, you will get two coupons.

[quote name='mitemouse']your trade in has to be $60 or over to qualify for this promotion. If you traded in one order of $60 to one account and then did the same for another different account, you will get two coupons.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, thanks man.

[quote name='basketb']???
The current promo runs through tomorrow, doesn't it? So why would midnight today be special?[/QUOTE]

The promo says before 10-17 which should mean that the current promo ends right after 11:59pm Oct 16th. I think they used to specifically mention midnight on the previous promos but not this time... :bomb:

submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before October 17, 2009

Oh wait. If i click on 'details' it says something different :bomb::roll::bomb:

The promo period is valid from (September 27, 2009 - October 17, 2009). So i guess tomorrow at midnight (12:01am on Oct 18th) is the correct day to check back

i had an order i was going to send in today, but i might wait until monday to do it to see if they start a new promo that would work out better for me (since the trade i was going to do would be for around $110, i could send half the games and get the console coupon, and save the rest for a different order)

[quote name='y2jasper']i had an order i was going to send in today, but i might wait until monday to do it to see if they start a new promo that would work out better for me (since the trade i was going to do would be for around $110, i could send half the games and get the console coupon, and save the rest for a different order)[/QUOTE]

That's what im doing as well.

I placed a trade-in order, but haven't shipped any merchandise yet. If the new trade in promo is better than this one, then i'll cancel this one.

$30 extra credit for a console is sweet for me do, as im looking forward to buying the Modern Warfare 2 LE XBOX360.

I'm getting my 360 that just RROD'd repaired but, in the event that I need to purchase a new one with my $30 promo code, is there any way to ensure getting a Jasper unit from Amazon? I noticed the 120gb Elite bundle says "newest version" - does that mean a Jasper 360?

Also, would it be worth holding out until BF? Are there typically good console deals then or is it mostly just bundles?

please accept my apology if answered b4, but is this extra $30 credit good for video games too? not good for consoles only?

[quote name='Japakneez']Oh wait. If i click on 'details' it says something different :bomb::roll::bomb:

The promo period is valid from (September 27, 2009 - October 17, 2009). So i guess tomorrow at midnight (12:01am on Oct 18th) is the correct day to check back[/QUOTE]

I agree that the different wording in different places is confusing. Actually, the very first time I wanted to trade in some games, I didn't do it because of this.

I'm not too optimistic just yet because there was a long gap between this promo and the one that preceded it. I can't remember exactly how long it was, but I think it was at least a week or so. Someone other than me can probably clarify how long it was though.

last gap was about 3 weeks or something, but i'm hoping that they brought the promo back since without they weren't getting as many trade ins, and so they'll immediately go to a new one like they used to.

Just sealed my trade this morning, so hopefully I get the additional $30 towards a ps3 (future pswii60 here). Traded in some worthless GC and Wii games, and Sfiv/left4dead, since their sequels/rehashes are coming out soon anyways, and they're going to be next to worthless soon. Might as well get some money out of it now.

[quote name='kjay80']please accept my apology if answered b4, but is this extra $30 credit good for video games too? not good for consoles only?[/QUOTE]

Says "Consoles" in the promo

so i just had a quick question, there's still no problem if i leave out one game from my trade in right? i made a order last week for about $100 in order to get the $30 console coupon, and one of the games TIV went up a few dollars, so i'm thinking about making a new order with just that game (the original order would still be over $60)

Okay so I had a trade that had to be sent by this last Saturday, so I dropped it off at the UPS Store on Saturday and had them scan it.

Well since they don't do ground pickup on Saturday, it doesn't show that I actually dropped it off on Saturday.

So what should I do if Amazon tries to screw me out of some credit?

^^^ It doesn't seem that they are enforcing the shipping dates. Someone just reported that something they sent in 3 days late was accepted no problem. If it is a problem, you can contact Amazon about it. They seem to have a "one-time exception" rule in place so I'm sure you'll be fine.

I got my second console code on my wife's account (that is, one on mine, one on hers) so they definitely don't follow the one per household restriction. Now I need to figure out what, if anything, I want to use these on before the end of the year :lol:.

[quote name='io']
I got my second console code on my wife's account (that is, one on mine, one on hers) so they definitely don't follow the one per household restriction. Now I need to figure out what, if anything, I want to use these on before the end of the year :lol:.[/QUOTE]

you are going to confuse people.. household= account... so the deal is one per an account.

Amazon is not going to search through every address on your account to see if they match on another account. And i know some people like myself ship items to friends and family and their addresses stay in my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back