Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MillerTime2523']Newer titles or older? Most of my comparisons were like Resistance 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, Warhawk, etc. GS was about $3 each and amazon was about $10. But for new releases with the 50% it's kind of hard for them to match of course.[/QUOTE]

I just compared my trade in to the GameStop thread (I let my EDGE membership run out, so I was at 40% bonus). If the trade in values are accuracte in the GameStop thread I was at like $150 vs $136 at Amazon. Now, the other caveat is I can buy ANYTHING at Amazon, versus only games at GAmeStop. My gameplaying has been slowing up as of late, so I want the new games, but I barely play what I have. Thus, I think Amazon may win....plus, xmas is coming up and I may be able to get presents or something for people.

[quote name='doubledown']I just compared my trade in to the GameStop thread (I let my EDGE membership run out, so I was at 40% bonus). If the trade in values are accuracte in the GameStop thread I was at like $150 vs $136 at Amazon. Now, the other caveat is I can buy ANYTHING at Amazon, versus only games at GAmeStop. My gameplaying has been slowing up as of late, so I want the new games, but I barely play what I have. Thus, I think Amazon may win....plus, xmas is coming up and I may be able to get presents or something for people.[/QUOTE]

What does it for me too that even if you are buying games but getting less at amazon, amazon beats gamestop's new prices anyway. 111$ if you ordered AC2 and MW2 from amazon this month with 30 credit back for a later video game purchase, or 120 at gamestop. I don't pay tax at amazon, I do at gs regardless if it's credit or cash but this can definitely tip the scales for one or the other depending.

[quote name='Vortextk']What does it for me too that even if you are buying games but getting less at amazon, amazon beats gamestop's new prices anyway. 111$ if you ordered AC2 and MW2 from amazon this month with 30 credit back for a later video game purchase, or 120 at gamestop. I don't pay tax at amazon, I do at gs regardless if it's credit or cash but this can definitely tip the scales for one or the other depending.[/QUOTE]

good point on not just looking on the credits

Amazon screwed up on my Motorstorm Pacific Rift trade in but it actually worked out in my favor. After 3 emails and 2 phone calls they game me a $27 courtesy credit for my problem but told me that the order should still go through. Well after 15 days of them receiving it was still stuck in pending so I emailed them again and they gave me another $27 credit for the trade-in and moved it from pending to "expired". So it may have taken over 2 weeks after they received it but I ended up getting $54 for my MS:pR.

After a 2 week fiasco I finally got my credit (x2) for MS:pR (Total credit = $54)

Quick story: Game was received on the 15th. Got a contradicting email (email title said it was received and then in the contents was not received). Waited a few days and called. Throughout the week has numerous emails/calls and ended up getting a $27 courtesy credit (value of the trade) and that I will still get the Trade. Let it ride another week and emailed them about it and they game me another $27 and moved from pending to "expired". So I got $54 for MR:MR....awesome.

On average how long does it take to get your credit once they get the game? My games are due to them on wed, and hope to get my credit in my account by thursday afternoon so I can order DJ hero and have it for the weekend.

usually within one business day for the amazon credit and then an additional two to three business days for any promotion to show up (some folks have reported that the latter may take up to 10 days).

[quote name='basketb']usually within one business day for the amazon credit and then an additional two to three business days for any promotion to show up (some folks have reported that the latter may take up to 10 days).[/QUOTE]

Thanks

ok so tell me if im wrong, they won't provide us with free shipping from USPS, but i'm able to send it through them out of pocket if i please?

[quote name='minimafiaaj']ok so tell me if im wrong, they won't provide us with free shipping from USPS, but i'm able to send it through them out of pocket if i please?[/QUOTE]

You can if you choose to do so but you can't send it via Media Mail. That's why Amazon doesn't offer USPS for videogames any more.

Personally, there are so many UPS drop boxes around, I'll just continue to let Amazon foot the bill for shipping plus tracking.

Well, a couple games in my trade-in cart actually jumped UP in value. I may wait a few more days to see if there is any trade in deal soon.

When did the usps media mail not accepting video games anymore thing happen? I sent in trades using media mail on the 28th and now they are not going to accept it? And the package hasn't moved either, it's still at the post office.

Will it still go through? How come amazon gave us the option of shipping usps?

[quote name='Agnutter']You can if you choose to do so but you can't send it via Media Mail. That's why Amazon doesn't offer USPS for videogames any more.

Personally, there are so many UPS drop boxes around, I'll just continue to let Amazon foot the bill for shipping plus tracking.[/QUOTE]

yeah i get free shipping tho, well kinda lol my moms work just pays for the shipping and they use priority mail 2-3 days so it cost me nothing:D

Today is the deadline to ship my games. I went to edit my order and print my shipping label. Amazon is telling me that the deadline has passed, which it hasn't. So I went into my history and printed out a shipping label. The problem is that it says three copies of the game instead of one. I'm only shipping one copy of the game now. Is this okay? Will they still accept it? I'm planning on leaving within the hour so help would be appreciated.

I shipped one order missing a game, where I had 2 listed I only put that 1(and some others) in the shipment. Also read of a few other people doing that. So far, it always seems to work out fine, they just hold onto it another day or two before they credit you. But I doubt this is guaranteed.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Today is the deadline to ship my games. I went to edit my order and print my shipping label. Amazon is telling me that the deadline has passed, which it hasn't. So I went into my history and printed out a shipping label. The problem is that it says three copies of the game instead of one. I'm only shipping one copy of the game now. Is this okay? Will they still accept it? I'm planning on leaving within the hour so help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've done this a couple of times and it has been no problem. You'll get an annoying email once a day for like 3 weeks telling you that your order was accepted but has missing items. Eventually they will stop though ;). It is really just the same email you normally get once they accept your stuff but for whatever reason they regenerate it every day if something is missing until it expires I guess.

Halo 3 dropped like a rock....$10. I keep holding off on trading stuff in. At least FEAR 2 jumped up to $9 now.

I wonder how long I should hold off for the next trade in deal.....suggestions?

The only stuff I've really found in ages is YMMV clearance-type stuff; and maybe some of the deals had from the Best Buy B2G1 fiasco last week; if you had the degraded morals to take place in that debauchery, that is...

Just wondering for anyone that trades from LA, how long does it take for amazon to receive your games? I sent mine from the Media Mail label they gave me (yeah I know they stopped but I didn't know how to switch shipping labels) and I'm wondering if USPS actually sent it, or just stole my stuff -_-

[quote name='sgaldis']The only stuff I've really found in ages is YMMV clearance-type stuff; and maybe some of the deals had from the Best Buy B2G1 fiasco last week; if you had the degraded morals to take place in that debauchery, that is...[/QUOTE]
What happened?

[quote name='gi60']^ Lock them now... and you have a week to decide.[/QUOTE]

DO you just put them in the trade in cart to lock them up? Or do you have to click submit?

[quote name='nateeasy29']DO you just put them in the trade in cart to lock them up? Or do you have to click submit?[/QUOTE]

You have to click submit. Additionally, every time you do that it does count towards the whole maximum of 3 per title trade in rule.

I should have sent in my stuff after the console coupon deal ended and the combined value of the stuff I want to unload jumped $15-20. Unfortunately, things dropped down again a week later. Guess I'll have to hope for a new deal or another spike now.

Sent in 3x Medieval games (Wii) for $75 and Sacred 2 (360) for $18.50 on 10-29 and got Amazon credit yesterday so it took exactly a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it is time to lock in some trades. Madden 10 just dropped from $30 to $26.50. I may wait to trade in Halo 3....a few of my games jumped up, so I guess it is hit or miss. Halo 3 is only $10, I bet it will go up a few dollars in the future.

I feel like I've been watching the stock market. I'm waiting for a new PROMOTION, but nothing has happened. It's funny how some games jumped up...but other went down down.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I've done this a couple of times and it has been no problem. You'll get an annoying email once a day for like 3 weeks telling you that your order was accepted but has missing items. Eventually they will stop though ;). It is really just the same email you normally get once they accept your stuff but for whatever reason they regenerate it every day if something is missing until it expires I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yea it worked like a charm. With this and my $40 credit MW2 is going to be free. Gotta love that Amazon:D

A couple of weeks ago I locked in a trade for COD4 GOTY edition on 360 for $20. Sent it off to Amazon and waited for the credit. I got an email 5 days later telling me it was rejected because it was an incorrect version.

It is the GOTY edition. Thing is, it doesn't look like the version on Amazon's site. My copy looks exactly the same except for a circular graphic near the bottom right, just above the Activision logo, that contains text about the free variety map pack. Kinda asinine when you think about it, but their fine print does stipulate it must match the version on the site. Just a heads up in case anyone else tries to trade in this edition.

anyone use the usps since they don't offer it for free? i sent my order USPS priority on tuesday and according to them they haven't received it yet.

Has anyone tried trading a game in with sharpie on it? I have a game from family video that says FV137 or something like that. Its written pretty small in black sharpie. What do you guys think?

[quote name='Pyloric']Has anyone tried trading a game in with sharpie on it? I have a game from family video that says FV137 or something like that. Its written pretty small in black sharpie. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Rubbing Alcohol should take the sharpie off pretty easily.

[quote name='CaptPete']Rubbing Alcohol should take the sharpie off pretty easily.[/QUOTE]

Without messing up the disk sticker? I'll have to try that tonight after work, thanks!

[quote name='minimafiaaj']anyone use the usps since they don't offer it for free? i sent my order USPS priority on tuesday and according to them they haven't received it yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just used the shipping label they gave me cause I got in on USPS before they got rid of it. They still haven't gotten my game either.

What day does Amazon usually start trade-in promos on in the past? Is it Sunday like a new week like most retailers or just some random day (based on others past dealings with Amazon?)

amazon's trade-in prices have been pretty good vs gamestop (even with their promos) - i'm getting the credit now before black friday

Even without a promo, amazon's trade-in prices are usually equal or better than gamestop (even if you add in gamestop's promos). I'm trading now so that I have the credit ready for black friday.

Anyone ever do a edit to a order knowing the price of one of them have fallen? One of my games fell a few dollars but there is one I decided to keep but dont want to edit the order for risk my order will revert to current prices.

Also any problems sending in new games?

[quote name='cheaphuck']Anyone ever do a edit to a order knowing the price of one of them have fallen? One of my games fell a few dollars but there is one I decided to keep but dont want to edit the order for risk my order will revert to current prices.

Also any problems sending in new games?[/QUOTE]

Woah, you don't read the thread title or the very first post much, do you?
All the answers are there.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Anyone ever do a edit to a order knowing the price of one of them have fallen? One of my games fell a few dollars but there is one I decided to keep but dont want to edit the order for risk my order will revert to current prices.[/QUOTE]
Now, that would be stupid, wouldn't it?

[quote name='cheaphuck']Also any problems sending in new games?[/QUOTE]
It's answered in the OP. Didn't bother reading it, did ya?

Does anybody knows if Amazon will take trade in w/o printed barcode? i am planning to trade in Tiger Wood 10 Wii from the bundle that comes with the motion plus, the game itself doesn't come with a printed barcode..

[quote name='goengland']Does anybody knows if Amazon will take trade in w/o printed barcode? i am planning to trade in Tiger Wood 10 Wii from the bundle that comes with the motion plus, the game itself doesn't come with a printed barcode..[/QUOTE]
How difficult is it to read the OP? Or, if that's asked too much, search the OP for "barcode".

[quote name='basketb']How difficult is it to read the OP? Or, if that's asked too much, search the OP for "barcode".[/QUOTE]

what's an OP? LOL come on everyone makes a mistake.

Yes, Amazon will reject a trade w/o a barcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back