Official Amazon's Packing Sucks thread - post your pics!

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
I'm not going to lie. I'm anal about the condition of my items, especially when I buy them brand new. I don't think it's too much to ask that it's shipped carefully. In that factor, Amazon has been the worst by far. 

I know I'm not the only one with this issue, so I figured we could use a thread to post and see the victims of Amazon's crap-tacular packaging. 

I'm sure people will tell me to: 

1) Vote with my dollar and shop elsewhere. 

2) Complain to Amazon. 

3) Get over it. 

And my response to those would be: 

1) The thing is, Amazon is pretty much awesome in every other area, especially when it comes to online stores. 

2) I've been complaining to them ages. Their response is always the same old "we're sorry" along with "here's some of your money back" and/or "we will make sure it never happens again *cough*cough*". Plus, they've been known to ban people who hassle CS a lot... I don't care about the money, I just want them to put some thought into their packaging. 

3) No... Because Amazon is ok with shipping cheapo headphones, tablet cases, tape, and other things that cost a fraction of these games and are easily replaced in boxes. 

Here's my latest victim, Bravely Default CE... shipped in a bubble mailer from Indy, IN to the west Chicago suburbs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man!!! My CE Bravely Default has just shipped. Hopefully it comes in a box. I also order one from GameStop so ill just return it if its real bad. Wanted to keep one sealed:)

I was banned by Amazon a few years back because of stuff like this, the majority of the stuff I bought were CEs and they came damaged so I always did a replacement... Eventually they banned me for too many returns. I managed to get back in by not using the same ip, diff card numbers.. Big pita. Now I buy two copies of CEs so they dont come in bubble mailers. A lot turn rare so I make some money or break even on eBay selling the 2nd...

Here's my latest victim, Bravely Default CE... shipped in a bubble mailer.
Ugh, that sucks -_-;

My Bravely Default CE also came in a bubble mailer, but by some twist of fortune, it arrived with no noticeable damage. My nearest Amazon distro centers always send boxed 3DS collectors'/first press editions in bubble mailers. Sometimes I wish they were as big and heavy as Blizzard CEs, so that I'd at least get them shipped in a box!

As a contrast, I order books and/or CDs from Amazon's Japanese branch once a year or so, and those packages always come with the items tightly shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard at the bottom of the box… like how Amazon.com used to do things. I've gotten parcels from Amazon Japan that are pretty beat up, but with everything inside in great condition.

I don't think I've ever gotten anything damaged from Amazon although I never order any type of collectible so it wouldn't matter if the box was beat up as long as the product itself isn't damaged.  Boxes are something that just immediately end up in the trash for the vast majority of products even probably for the majority of CEs of video games so it doesn't surprise me they don't take the time to carefully package things.  What I do get all the time is some small item like a book or something even smaller sent in a box 100 times to big.

I usually order only vanilla copies of games online unless I have no choice. If I have the option to go in store for a collectors edition that´s what I would do first. So in that regard I never really had any problems with amazon and do lots of orders with them.

Its not just amazon that ships special editions in bubblers. I seen Zavi ship the MGS LE in plastic bags.

fuck you Amazon. . .

photobucket-9541-1392067585332_zpsa62a1928.jpg

Yeah.... because of threads like this I am never ordering a CE from Amazon in the future.  As for Bravely Default, I got the regular edition at Gamestop because I had an e-rewards giftcard.  So no Amazon fuck ups for me.

I never have an issue with games for me it's always the collector edition strategy guides. 90% of them come with the corners destroyed. They put them in a box way too big and then put no packing material inside.

I think it would be great if people can post the ship center it came from and/or carrier.
Everyone I got that came damaged was from Phoenix, if I'm not mistaken. Now most of my stuff come from Vegas, so I haven't had as much of a problem. That and if I do I'm afraid because I don't want this account banned. Only returned one thing on this account.

My copy of Bravely Default came dented, I had them give me a partial refund...

I'm not gonna take a picture of it because, honestly, it's kinda depressing.

Is it just me, or can anyone else not leave packaging feedback for their Bravely Default CE? I can leave feedback for other stuff but not for this order... 

Kind of a convenient way of not listening to customers, I guess. 

Interesting. Seems a nice convenience for them since pretty much all of my pre-ordered CEs arrive damaged. 

bread's done
Back