Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pimpster4183']where are these clearance games mainly located at? In like a barrell type deal or just mixed in with the normal games?[/QUOTE]

In the KOP, PA location it was on an endcap in the video game section. I've also seen other stores that have them on a rack near the store's entrance, and on a table in front of the video game section.

I always check BB when I drive by, even if I don't need anything. I have seen some good YMMV deals in the past but haven't had the thought to post em yet.

As is typically for Southern California, the second M in YMMV stands for MUST, because I never see any reduced prices at my BBs. Every title listed earlier was priced at $15 or $20. No $10 titles to be found in the store.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']Resident Evil 4 Wii $10,, whoa I better go get my Price match refund 110% back

I'll get like $12 back sweeet

Whats the Pratville zip code?[/quote]

[quote name='skater11392003']has anyone in the sourthern cali area went to the BB in Costa Mesa?[/QUOTE]

Not lately, why? Did you find something there?

I've been considering updating my psp1000 to a psp2000 recently and received the motivation tonight when I came across one on clearance at the Mission Viejo, CA BB for 130.49. It appeared to be the only psp2000 on the shelf. I'm sure this deal was very YMMV so it fits with most of this thread.
Yeah, it is a similar price to the 20% off dell deal, but with BB gift cards from gifts and holding the product in my hand, it was easier to pull the trigger.

Folklore for $6 (80% off cart near the register....had a couple other PS2 games that I did not note)....there were 3-4 left in the cart. NW Omaha....

[quote name='pwyrick']As is typically for Southern California, the second M in YMMV stands for MUST, because I never see any reduced prices at my BBs. Every title listed earlier was priced at $15 or $20. No $10 titles to be found in the store.[/QUOTE]

Not really true for most of SoCal in my experience. The BB in Mission Valley in San Diego has a huge 50% off double sided cart with lots of collector's editions and a few other surprising things (Animal Crossing with microphone for example) as of yesterday. I've also found lots of other manager's specials in the Los Angeles area in the past.

BB in Logan, UT had a 50% off clearance bin with Animal Crossing Bundle, Power Pro 2008, and a number of other games for Wii, PS3, and Xbox360.

Saw a bunch of :360: Fallout 3 Collector's Edition at a Best Buy for $59.99 Can't remember the original price but I think they used to be $69.99

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Saw a bunch of :360: Fallout 3 Collector's Edition at a Best Buy for $59.99 Can't remember the original price but I think they used to be $69.99[/QUOTE]

Those actually should be $59.99 at all Best Buys. That price, actually, is not YMMV.

[quote name='jmbreci']Folklore for $6 (80% off cart near the register....had a couple other PS2 games that I did not note)....there were 3-4 left in the cart. NW Omaha....[/quote]
Holy cow!

This has been $59.99 marked with a 30% off sticker for close to 6 months at my local Best Buy, with no drops.

[quote name='skater11392003']has anyone in the sourthern cali area went to the BB in Costa Mesa?[/quote]

Costa Mesa BB is the worst when it comes to clearance deals. They never discount anything there that is on the at risk report.

[quote name='jazzman']Costa Mesa BB is the worst when it comes to clearance deals. They never discount anything there that is on the at risk report.[/quote]

yea the bestbuy at metro point does really suck and the target on bristol is crap with deals too. we live in a bad cag area -_-

I went to the Exton, PA Best Buy while visiting my friend there and they had a 20% off table. Nothing really great, though I did pick up a cheap copy of Ninja Reflex (Wii) for $4.79 (regularly $5.99 before the manual 20% off adjustment).

[quote name='perdition(troy']is gears 2 limited edition a decent buy for 49.99?[/quote]

Yes Great game. Can't go wrong at that price. Well maybe if it were lower

[quote name='pwyrick']As is typically for Southern California, the second M in YMMV stands for MUST, because I never see any reduced prices at my BBs. Every title listed earlier was priced at $15 or $20. No $10 titles to be found in the store.[/quote]

The BB in Hawthorne used to have a decent clearance section before they moved the video game section. I have yet to see it return or maybe I just haven't found it. The BB in Compton usually has a cart with a "Manager's Special" but it's only like 15-20% off. You may not be near these BBs but clearance at BB in the Socal area does exist.

this might be very YMMV since I don't think many would have it BUT it's been posted in a thread that the Logitech 360 harmony remote is $49.95 to $64.95 at some BB. I know the Riverside, CA BB off of Tyler has one but it's the $64.95 price :cry:

If you run into the cool employees like I do (somehow) they'll let you see the inventory screen so if you see a store with more than 1 than that means they definitely have it. if they have 1 than that usually means that they took one for demo and it's pretty much a shell that their sending back to the manufacturer.

here's the link to the original thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220887

I was able to snag the Harmony 550 for $49.95 so it's not a bad consolation prize. :D Got it to be programmed for the 360, dvd and my Vizio within an hour including programming the buttons how I like it.

[quote name='Josef']I went to the Exton, PA Best Buy while visiting my friend there and they had a 20% off table. Nothing really great, though I did pick up a cheap copy of Ninja Reflex (Wii) for $4.79 (regularly $5.99 before the manual 20% off adjustment).[/quote]

Damn Exton and its continued lack of good games on sale.

Was in Best Buy 2nite and saw a stand with lots of 5 dollar games on it.

Diddnt look at much besides
iconxbox360.gif
but they had

Sega Superstars Tennis
Universe at War
Jericho
PES 2008
Soldier of Fortune Payback
Golden Compass
Spiderwick Chronicles

iconps3.gif
i only saw more of the same plus like Need 4 Speed Carbon

And of course the usual psp and ds stuff.

Since its BB im sure its super YMMV but i figured id pass it along.

Was in Alabaster AL btw

[quote name='rdogg1026']
OMG WE ALSO HAVE A SEARCH BUTTON![/quote]

OMG some of us are actually tactful when we reply! There's plenty of people here with the ability to move or merge topics, so simmer down now. :lol:

Thanks OP, I'm dropping by my BB in the morning to see if they have any for sale.

Yeah thanks for the headsup, I'm gonna check my Best Buy out tomorrow. Last week the only $5 games I saw there were old Xbox games. Snagged the amazing Aquaman though. Hazah!

[quote name='ryanflucas']OMG some of us are actually tactful when we reply! There's plenty of people here with the ability to move or merge topics, so simmer down now. :lol:

Thanks OP, I'm dropping by my BB in the morning to see if they have any for sale.[/quote]

Not everyone's as smooth as Sean Connery Bond.

[quote name='rapsodist']Not everyone's as smooth as Sean Connery Bond.[/QUOTE]

True -- but not everyone's an ungrateful tattletale, either.

Was just at my local BB last night - saw a 360 Wireless Controller + Viva Pinata bundle for $25.00 clearance price.

bread's done
Back