Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SmurfALMIGHTY']Don't think my best buy is doing my buddy he works at the one in Joliet :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Thats my local BB, they never have any sales. The finally put up one of those carts. Nothing worthwhile on there. I was at the BB in Orlad Park, IL and they had some decent pc games on sale a few weeks ago.

[quote name='Shimrra']damn I dont think I will ever get thru my gaming pile at this rate I keep throwing more wood into the fire lol.[/QUOTE]

I feel you there bro. I have a backlog on my 360 of 40+ games. It's gonna' be a busy summer.

[quote name='rvdnsx']Stopped by the Best Buy in Vernon Hills, IL today and in the game section they had signs up for select games and accessories on all systems being 75% off. Most of the games were for PS3, 360, and PS2 although there were some for Wii and PSP. Notable items included Saints Row 2 CE ($12.49 after discount), Madden 09 CE for PS3 ($7.49 after discount), and many games that were from the $9.99 Best Buy clearance sale a few weeks back being 75% off. I managed to snag the last copy of Hail to the Chimp for PS3 ($2.49 after discount) and a Sony branded Wireless Keypad (retails for $49.99 but only $12.49 after discount). They were limiting purchases to 1 per title so hoarders can stay away. YMMV as they had to manually apply discounts but maybe your Best Buy might be doing something similar.[/QUOTE]

Were there any Saint's Row 2 left at the Vernon Hills BB? Thanks!

Vernon Hills?? Wow, I never see anything THAT local on CAG! Woo! I'll have to go check this out...

Don't really make my way over to there lately, but this sounds like it's worth the drive!

If anyone does get some titles, please list em!

EDIT: I've been to the VH BB many times, and I find they usually have the crappiest local deals (in terms of area BB's). Kind of surprised to see them offer this... Maybe I should check the other BB's, too...

my BB has been doing great lately. They have a huge basket of 9.99 games. I got Bully, there was also a Warhawk with headset (kicking myself for not getting that), and I'm pretty sure the last 2 Saint's Row 2 CE's were piled in there (I didn't get to them), also I think they put the endwar/headset bundle in there :( I missed out, there were a few left at 89.99 then the next day they were wiped out.

Last time I checked, Scene It BOS bundle for 360, Lego Batman and SH:Homecoming for PS3 were pretty good. May go back tomorrow.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Were there any Saint's Row 2 left at the Vernon Hills BB? Thanks![/QUOTE]

There were 2 left when I left yesterday, already played the game so I had no need to buy it again. They were not in the section where the 75% off games were, they were still in the regular XBOX 360 section.

Damn, I was in my local Best Buy last night, and all they had was the same big shelf full of $10 clearance games that they've had for a while now, all of them pretty much crap (anything good got cleared out ages ago). If they were 75% off I might grab a few of them for the hell of it, but definitely nothing worth even $10.

I did, however, grab a two pack of blu-rays, Silence of the Lambs and Donnie Darko, for $24.99. I thought that was a pretty good buy, since they charge more than that for each of those individually. They had some other two packs for that price as well (I remember seeing one with 28 Days Later and From Hell, and a few others). I think those are less YMMV, since they list them on the website as well.

Hmm... I think from a % basis, the Apple Valley, MN, Best Buy had the best deal I've ever seen:

:ps3: Tom Clancy Endwar with Headset normally $89.99 was $6.99. That's a ridiculous 92.2% off!

Probably gonna pop over to the Best Buy in Simsbury, CT today. Anyone know of any deals at that one or the West Hartford store? I'll post my findings, either way.

[quote name='ilpalazzo150']Probably gonna pop over to the Best Buy in Simsbury, CT today. Anyone know of any deals at that one or the West Hartford store? I'll post my findings, either way.[/QUOTE]

I was over there and I didn't find much. The mall I go to gets cleared out so quick. They sold out of UFC in 10 minutes last Tuesday.

[quote name='gfshurts']Hmm... I think from a % basis, the Apple Valley, MN, Best Buy had the best deal I've ever seen:

:ps3: Tom Clancy Endwar with Headset normally $89.99 was $6.99. That's a ridiculous 92.2% off![/QUOTE]
:jaw drops: I dont suppose there were any more?

[quote name='guinaevere']:jaw drops: I dont suppose there were any more?[/QUOTE]

There were two :ps3: and one :360: when I went. I bought both :ps3: copies (one for me, one for my brother). Another CAGer went there and the :360: version was gone.

I need to vent in here so here I go.

I go to Best Buy to exchange my UFC game. The lady at customer service said she couldn't exchange it due to new district policy on DVDs and Games. She said I needed to fill out a form and ship the game back to Best Buy HQ and that I would be refunded in a week. I knew she was 100% wrong but I went with it. I am about to pay for a new copy and she says I needed to give her the Gift Card and UFC DVD. I said no way I already used the gift card. So she had to call the manager over.

THE MANAGER SAYS THIS:

What's the problem? Just do a no receipt exchange. So she hands me the brand new copy and I am out the door.

How stupid can Customer Service be? That is such basic Best Buy knowledge.

/end rant

[quote name='arcane93']I did, however, grab a two pack of blu-rays, Silence of the Lambs and Donnie Darko, for $24.99. I thought that was a pretty good buy, since they charge more than that for each of those individually. They had some other two packs for that price as well (I remember seeing one with 28 Days Later and From Hell, and a few others). I think those are less YMMV, since they list them on the website as well.[/QUOTE]
It's a new wave of two pack BD's being released by Fox. Amazon has that set for $25.99.

BB in NYC 44th and 5 ave is a no go.
They have alot of PS3 Endwar with Headsets and Saints Row 2 CE, but they are full price, $89.99 and $49.99 respectively. I wll check BB in 2 NJ locations tonight.

Readthepost

Just came back from the Westbury, NY store. They have a big table of "green dot" games up front.

Fallout 3: CE (lunchbox version) (360/PS3) - $30
Mortal Kombat vs. DC: Kollector's Edition (360) - $30
Endwar w/ headset (360/PS3) - $40
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare CE (360) - $25
Madden 20th Anniversary CE (360) - $20 (I think)
Call of Duty: World at War CE (360) - $40
Resistance 2 CE (PS3) - $30 (sold out)
Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition (360) - $30
Brothers in Arms CE (360/PS3) - $30

There were a couple of other games (I think everything else was PS2, though).

Saints Row 2 CE was still $40 at this store (both versions).

Went to Best Buy in Hoover, AL yesterday and picked up 4 PSP games for $4.99 each.

Both of the Star Ocean (first and 2nd evolution)
Hot Shots Open Tee 2
Wipeout Pure

They also had Warhawk with the headset for $19.99 and Singstar for PS3 with the mics for $9.99.

Other stuff I remember

Incredible Hulk for 360 for $7.99
Sly Cooper 3 for $4.99
Condemned 2 for PS3 for $7.99
And a bunch of crappy Wii games and DS games (prince of persia).

I snagged Infamous and had two reward zones coupons which gave me $15 off and bought those games along with the new Green Day CD for like $83...not bad at all. :)

[quote name='rdogg1026']I am going to the Best Buy in West Nyack, NY today. I will see if they have any deals going on.[/QUOTE]

The BB at the Palisades Mall usually has very few to no deals at all. It's probably because of the very high foot traffic but nevertheless, I'm looking forward to your findings :).

[quote name='rvdnsx']Stopped by the Best Buy in Vernon Hills, IL today and in the game section they had signs up for select games and accessories on all systems being 75% off. Most of the games were for PS3, 360, and PS2 although there were some for Wii and PSP. Notable items included Saints Row 2 CE ($12.49 after discount), Madden 09 CE for PS3 ($7.49 after discount), and many games that were from the $9.99 Best Buy clearance sale a few weeks back being 75% off. I managed to snag the last copy of Hail to the Chimp for PS3 ($2.49 after discount) and a Sony branded Wireless Keypad (retails for $49.99 but only $12.49 after discount). They were limiting purchases to 1 per title so hoarders can stay away. YMMV as they had to manually apply discounts but maybe your Best Buy might be doing something similar.[/QUOTE]
I want to thank you A TON for the separate thread. I know it is discouraged, but keeping up with all the Clearance threads is a full time job.

I went to the Vernon Hills, IL BB during lunch today. I was picking up some sale Blu-rays anyway.

I had to look around to find the locations where these were located, as they were on various endcaps and in one of the "demo" aisles for Rock Band or Guitar Hero. The sections were fairly small, and I only saw them and the signs noting the 75% off because I was looking for it. The signs had complete lists of everything that was 75% off ... the PS3 and PS2 lists were the longest.

I really wanted the Sony Wireless Keypad, but they were sold out, and I did not see any of the Collector's Editions or Bundles that were on the list.

Even though there were "special sections" for this, there were still games on sale (per the notice) on the regular shelves with no 75% off signs.

I picked up:

:ps3: MK vs DC Universe $14.99
:ps3: Golden Axe: Beast Rider $14.99
:ps3: Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon $10
:ps3: Facebreaker $4.99
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters $7.50
:ps2: Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror $10

... all for $66.xx including tax.

After reading the review for Golden Axe, I may return that one.

:ps3: Folklore is also on the list and they have it for $35.99 in store ... making it $9 on sale. If I did not already have it, would have picked that up too. There were a couple left.

[quote name='knightsdwn']The BB at the Palisades Mall usually has very few to no deals at all. It's probably because of the very high foot traffic but nevertheless, I'm looking forward to your findings :).[/QUOTE]
Nothing. They have that crap $14.99 bin which includes Cars, Call of Duty 2....etc

[quote name='rdogg1026']Nothing. They have that crap $14.99 bin which includes Cars, Call of Duty 2....etc[/QUOTE]

Ah weak. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

[quote name='rdogg1026']I need to vent in here so here I go.

I go to Best Buy to exchange my UFC game. The lady at customer service said she couldn't exchange it due to new district policy on DVDs and Games. She said I needed to fill out a form and ship the game back to Best Buy HQ and that I would be refunded in a week. I knew she was 100% wrong but I went with it. I am about to pay for a new copy and she says I needed to give her the Gift Card and UFC DVD. I said no way I already used the gift card. So she had to call the manager over.

THE MANAGER SAYS THIS:

What's the problem? Just do a no receipt exchange. So she hands me the brand new copy and I am out the door.

How stupid can Customer Service be? That is such basic Best Buy knowledge.

/end rant[/QUOTE]

Did you run into the "your copy didn't have the PPV cash" or the "your PPV cash print out was blank" issues?

I tried to return mine and we opened like 3 copies that didn't even HAVE the PPV cash. Seriously.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Did you run into the "your copy didn't have the PPV cash" or the "your PPV cash print out was blank" issues?

I tried to return mine and we opened like 3 copies that didn't even HAVE the PPV cash. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Well I got a brand new copy unopened so it had everything. I had returned the game without the PPV Cash though. If you want it I can PM you the code.

[quote name='rdogg1026']Well I got a brand new copy unopened so it had everything. I had returned the game without the PPV Cash though. If you want it I can PM you the code.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. For some reason my store's copies didn't include one. The "new" copy I got ended up not having it and they told me "sorry." Needless to say, I wasn't TOO thrilled.

Gainesville, FL BB has:
EndWar (360) w/ Headset $40
COD 5 CE (PC) ~$40
High School Musical w/ Pad (360) $10
Rock Rev Drums & Game (360) $30
and some instruments (Rock Band 1 Drums, GH AS w/ wired) and some misc D- games in bins that I didn't price

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Just came back from the Westbury, NY store. They have a big table of "green dot" games up front.

Fallout 3: CE (lunchbox version) (360/PS3) - $30
Mortal Kombat vs. DC: Kollector's Edition (360) - $30
Endwar w/ headset (360/PS3) - $40
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare CE (360) - $25
Madden 20th Anniversary CE (360) - $20 (I think)
Call of Duty: World at War CE (360) - $40
Resistance 2 CE (PS3) - $30 (sold out)
Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition (360) - $30
Brothers in Arms CE (360/PS3) - $30

[/QUOTE]

It seems that they are trying to clean those CEs. Damn, I would kill for $30 for Fallout CE, COD4 and COD WAW...

i would easily pay 49.99 for cod4 ce if bb had one, my cod got tore up by my bros xbox and i miss it, i went to my bb and i didn't see a thing..

[quote name='oasisboy']It seems that they are trying to clean those CEs. Damn, I would kill for $30 for Fallout CE, COD4 and COD WAW...[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness, you would be saving 120 bucks, I hope you wouldn't kill for 120 bucks. If so, you need to get your head checked out because that is sick.

This deal is YMMV.

Just got back from the Best Buy on North Avenue in Chicago where I picked up the PS3 version of Endwar with the Official Blutooth headset for $19.99. They also had the 360 version with the 360 headset for $19.99. I also picked up the EyeToy for $5.99. They were running other deals on things that I didn't care about like Explorer Guitar Hero guitars (didn't catch the price.)

I took the last PS3 Endwar but there were two 360 versions left.

Good luck checking if these are available in your area.

the deal is 50% off all collectors editions at my store and endwar is there with resistance 2, Mortal Kombat Vs Dc, Codwaw , cod4 and many others i picked up a few for 20-30$ a piece

I was actually able to get PS3 Endwar for $6.99 with the headset at my local Best Buy (Apple Valley, MN) but they're all gone now obviously.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I was actually able to get PS3 Endwar for $6.99 with the headset at my local Best Buy (Apple Valley, MN) but they're all gone now obviously.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty damned good.

Oddly enough I was just there yesterday and they were asking $89.99 for Endwar.

I ended up paying $9.99 after my two $5 certificates.

I might swing by BB later and see if I get lucky. I'm not interested in the game but I still need a bluetooth headset for my PS3 and i've been wanting a wireless 360 headset for awhile. Can sell the games to lower the cost.

[quote name='guessed']There is a thread for BB YMMV deals --> Thread[/QUOTE]

Feel free to head over there, then.

We're talking.

On topic: I wish my BB would run these types of deals, especially the half off Collector's Editions. I'd love to pay $40 for the RE5 Collector's Edition.

bread's done
Back