Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowkast']HUGE(ymmv)[/QUOTE]

Yep... The Best Buy here in South Coast Plaza in southern CA has NOTHING.:cry:

Gonna head over there right now to see what's up. Thanks op.
151l1259.jpg

Best buy in mira mesa, San Diego had tons of face breaker for 360, a few mercenaries 2 for ps3 for $10 after discount. Didn't buy either. Also saw brother in arms regular and limted edition, a bunch of wii games.

Bestbuy in mission valley, san diego had a 50% off rack near the front of the store w/ head coach 09, nhl 08, lair, and endwar but I didn't check the prices of the games

This seems to be LESS ymmv than usual for BB. If we get more nationwide reports we may be able to confirm this at least as a widespread deal.

The exact titles are definitely YMMV though, as the 50% off ones vary from store to store.

Mercenaries 2, Facebreaker, Lair, Endwar, Brother's in Arms have been confirmed in multiple stores.

[quote name='bg2001']This seems to be LESS ymmv than usual for BB. If we get more nationwide reports we may be able to confirm this at least as a widespread deal.

The exact titles are definitely YMMV though, as the 50% off ones vary from store to store.

Mercenaries 2, Facebreaker, Lair, Endwar, Brother's in Arms have been confirmed in multiple stores.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's not any less YMMV than normal. I know in my area, the stores that have manager's who use clearance to aggressively clear stock are doing sales this weekend. The stores that don't do it regularly aren't. The only reason some of the titles are similar between stores is that the titles a manager wants to clearance in the first place are ones that are on the list Best Buy does of games that won't be restocked. This whole thread needs to be merged into the regular Best Buy YMMV thread.

[quote name='Remeard']They had one set up at the Chattanooga Best Buy, nothing that really caught my eye. Saw Rock Revolution for $2.50, still thought it was pricey.[/QUOTE]

I went to the one in Hixson and got Resident Evil 5 CE for $30. Dunno if they had that there, but I thought it was a pretty good deal.

[quote name='bg2001']This is DEFINITELY less YMMV than usual. I will have this merged if it turns out to be otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Prove it. I am looking at the stores people have listed in Los Angeles and San Diego that are participating in this sale, and they have all have had 50% off sales for at least the past six weeks, some far longer. They haven't even added any new games recently. It seems like people just finally realized these sales were happening. In any event, it's not chain wide and it's not even region wide. It's a store by store thing just as it always has been. That's why we set up a YMMV thread in the first place.

[quote name='bg2001']This is DEFINITELY less YMMV than usual. I will have this merged if it turns out to be otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Manual manager markdown means its YMMV per store. I recently checked three in my area. Two had nothing going on and one had 30% off clearance games as a Manager's special. YMMV.

My Best Buy usually has nothing worth mentioning. Craptastic Wii shovelware and 360 games that people wouldn't take even if paid. Poop.

[quote name='bojay1997']Prove it. I am looking at the stores people have listed in Los Angeles and San Diego that are participating in this sale, and they have all have had 50% off sales for at least the past six weeks, some far longer. They haven't even added any new games recently. It seems like people just finally realized these sales were happening. In any event, it's not chain wide and it's not even region wide. It's a store by store thing just as it always has been. That's why we set up a YMMV thread in the first place.[/QUOTE]

That is why I set up a YMMV thread in the first place. This will be merged if people keep posting that it isn't live at their store.

[quote name='Sean09']I got Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles for $20 each at Hilton Head Island, SC BB. I was quite pleased :)[/QUOTE]

Damn, I hope I get that lucky tomorrow when I go and check. VC for 20 would be fantastic.

Man i wish my stores here in NC would have those awesome deal sales for the PS3.The one in Cary was the only 1 that carries Valkyria Chronicles for $40.
I just bought Blazblue and VC last week for $60 and $40 respectively.I felt robbed even though they gave me a $10 Gift Card.

Any CAG members that live in NC that can tell me about deals here in our state? THat would be nice.

I got a copy of SaintsRow2 CE for 19.99 at the best buy in mall of america this week. I didn't know about the 10 dollar off coupon, but it's still a good price for the game. Not to mention they had a crapload for both systems and still had a bunch of madden 09 CEs for the same price too lol.

I'm at BB right now, posting from their computers, lol. They claim the last copy of BlazBlue CE is NOT on manager's special but I don't think they even checked. I'm going to customer service.

[quote name='-HAZE-']I'm at BB right now, posting from their computers, lol. They claim the last copy of BlazBlue CE is NOT on manager's special but I don't think they even checked. I'm going to customer service.[/QUOTE]

It's completely at the discretion of the manager of that particular store. That's why all these deals are YMMV.

Yeah, anything "clearance" or "manager's special" is totally YMMV and most likely WON'T be the same at any other store... don't take anything in this thread as gospel for all stores and be like one of those "I SAW THIS ON SALE ON THE INTARWEBS" people... :/

[quote name='akokonas']Spiderman web of shadows 360 at BB in Downers Grove Il $4.86!!!! Game is 70% off and is on clearance for 14.99. They had about 10 left[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Well if its $5, do you mind picking one up for me $10 shipped?[/QUOTE]

I took a trip to both the best buys in Downer's Grove and saw no sign of a 70% off clearance. The one up 75th street was the only one with Spiderman marked at $20 and they said that the rack was 50% off. Else I would have picked it up.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']I went to the one in Hixson and got Resident Evil 5 CE for $30. Dunno if they had that there, but I thought it was a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'll check that out; thanks for the heads up. My brother has been trying to get a hold of Resident Evil lately, he's been scammed twice on Ebay already.

[quote name='Justin42']Yeah, anything "clearance" or "manager's special" is totally YMMV and most likely WON'T be the same at any other store... don't take anything in this thread as gospel for all stores and be like one of those "I SAW THIS ON SALE ON THE INTARWEBS" people... :/[/QUOTE]

I know that, I was just pissed that the kid was arguing with me and I know for a fact he didn't check the list because he thought the game was "too new".

I found a guy that helped me with Resistance 2 last time and he was nice enough to print the new list and show it to me.

It wasn't on there. :(

That one copy is still sitting there. I'm gonna go back every week until it's gone, lol.

Buzz Quiz TV was $29.99. I might pick that up soon.

Sunnyvale, CA has Spider-Man :360: Web-of-Shadows down to $14.99. I passed; waiting for the magical price of $9.99 or lower.

This location also had one last copy of Gears of War 2: Limited Edition (w/gold lancer dlc!!).

Maplewood MN Best Buy. Just got 50 cent: blood on the sand, Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway (CE), End War (CE with headset), and Spiderman Web Of Shadows all for $10 each. The only one actually listed at that price in the store was spiderman, the rest had to be manually marked down. All these were PS3.

The Best Buy in Warwick, RI didn't seem to be running this 20%, 35% (?), 50% off sticker sale. Luckily, the Orange, CT Best Buy was; good time to visit family. ^ ^

Ended up picking up:

:360: Mercenaries 2 - $9.99 (REG $19.99 with 50% off)
:360: The Simpsons - $7.99 (REG $9.99 with 20% off)
:ps2: Disney's High School Muical w/ Mic Bundle - $8.99 (REG $17.99 with 50% off) [for niece]
:360: Resident Evil 5 Collectors Edition - $29.99 (REG $59.99 with 50% off)

They had a wide selection of games on sale for all consoles, including a bunch of bundles (Endwar for $40, a lot of singing games, etc).

I picked up the last 360 RE5, but they had one PS3 RE5 left, as of tonight.

Stopped in the Frederick, Md store on Sunday, and noticed they had 1 copy of Resistance 2 CE for $39.99 and several copies of Saints Row 2 CE (PS3) for $23.99!!! Although I already have the non-CE version, I almost bought a copy on the spot (but the wife disagreed). Damn good deal for a really decent game.

My BB had one BiA limited ed for 49.99, but I didnt have my coupon so didn't bother getting it scanned. One LE version of fallout 3 for ps3 for 39.99, if it was 360 may have go it. Oh and a Marvel Vs Dc LE for the same price as reg game. Prattville sux, ever since they took out that $10 rack there has been no sales here.
Went to Montgomery and now am upset that I didn't pick up the darkness and conan. After the 50% off they wouldve been around $7 new....maybe they will get a restock.

[quote name='scratchdesk']I took a trip to both the best buys in Downer's Grove and saw no sign of a 70% off clearance. The one up 75th street was the only one with Spiderman marked at $20 and they said that the rack was 50% off. Else I would have picked it up.[/QUOTE]

I think it was only a one day thing, picked up a few things there yesterday. Went again today and no more 70$ off sign. They had a ton of Mercenaries 2 for the 360 yesterday, but today, none were found

I'm in town visiting a friend and went into a bestbuy in Joliet, IL and came across a copy of Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling adventure for $8 bucks. There was one copy left so its still there in the clearance bin. I also found a Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood penny guide which I needed. The only other penny guides they still had was Madworld, and Afro Samurai. They still had lots of clearance items like Singstar Vol 1 PS3 bundles for $15 which I think you might still be able to flip to BBV for $36 bucks. They had some other things but way too much to remember.

The BB in Colorado Springs, CO on N. Academy is having some sort of clearance sale. There is a decent variety of games from 360, PS3, Wii, DS, & PSP all marked with a red circle sticker. I didn't get full detail cuz I was only interested in a couple games (when I was there they hadn't posted signs yet to say what the sale was), but they said it was based on the price of the games. Some of the cheaper games were supposed to be 3 for $20 (I'm not 100% sure on this cuz the games I wanted were $39.99 & $49.99, & the people there weren't even totally sure what was going on) & the more expensive are 2 for $20. If you get an expensive & a cheap game it is still 2 for $20. I picked up L4D & Saints Row 2 collectors edition for $20.

There were other games like facebreakers, mercenaries 2, I think one or two wrestling games, Folklore & I can't really remember anything else right now. But if you're in the area you might wanna check it out.

At the Reading PA store they had about 6 PS3 SR2 CE for the $23 price, however if you're a member of the gamers reward zone dealie theres a $10 coupon for SR2 and for the CE which apparently works even on clearence items. I was able to pick up a copy for 13 bucks. I think the coupon is good until the 16th

Just a heads up.

A couple of the BB stores I frequent started going through their lists again and adding games to the discount racks. One store had about half a rack at 50% off and upped it to 3 racks front and back and another one with some shitty accessories.

Lots more Wii games this time around such as:
Short Order
No More Heroes/ Redsteel Bundle
Namco Museum
Sonic Somethingoranother

and I got Henry Hatsworth for DS for $7.49

Of course YMMV but it could be worth your visit.

Oh and I noticed employees sorting a pricing list with tiny ass fonts that they were going through. Anyone know what that list is? I assume it's a sort of query of old inventory but I wasn't sure.

> Henry Hatsworth for DS for $7.49

Worth every dime at just about any price. I picked it up at Target last week (clearance) and have not been able to put it down.

I hum the soundtrack while I am at the office, and can't wait for my kids to go to bed so I can play the hell out of it.

bread's done
Back