Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Newnan, GA Best Buy store has a "50%-off Store Special" bin at the entrance. In the bin, I found "Animal Crossing: City Folk" for Wii + the WiiSpeak microphone.

Bought two of them in separate transactions. Each one rang up $17.49 before tax, $18.71 after 7% tax.

The sign on the bin said "50% off lowest marked price." The only sticker on the box said "$69.99" (WAY too much for this kids game...even if it includes the microphone!). I thought I was going to get it for $35, which already would have been a good deal. $17.48 is just awesome.

I don't have an easy way to scan my receipts. Would it help if I did that?

Stopped by the Dearborn. MI store during lunch today. They had to rack sections filled with games and CLEARANCE strips the length of the shelves. Everything was marked the usually high prices. I had to go through several employees to get an answer as to what the CLEARANCE actually entailed.

Drum roll please ... 10% off!!!!!

Sweet! Now I can get 10% off of Lair (currently marked $59.99)!!!

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but I saw the recently released official Sony AC - USB charger on clearance for $8.99, down from $14.99. This was at the West Oaks location in Houston.

This is a great unit as it charges both controller types, the chat pad, headset and PSP 2000/3000. I use mine all the time.

I was at my local NJ Best Buy store and saw the following

- Fallout 3 (lunchbox edition) 29.99 PS3
- Saint Row 2 (CE) 31.99 PS3

Also at Union Store I saw

Buy Madden 10 & get 50 % off on the following or get 25% off when picking it up at a reg. price.

Endwar Bundle with headset (360 & PS3) - 89.99
Resistance 2 CE - 39.99
SOCOM bundle - 59.99
Warhawk - 49.99
COD: WAW (PC) 69.99

That is it. It was at union and Woodbridge store.

I was at the Union store on Thursday and the deals were a little different.

The following games were on the Table:

Saints Row CE PS3 23.99
Resident Evul LE 360 59.99
End War PS3 & 360 89.99
Warhawk Bundle 49.99

Any game on the table was an extra 25% off or 50 % off when preordering any game.

Picked up Saints row with 25% off and, used the 10.00 rewardzone coupon = 7.99

Also preorded a game and got Res Evil LE for 50% off = 29.99

The table was full of all games on Thursday morning.

No offense, but I don't think this is worthy of it's own thread. Best Buy's vary widely when it comes to these deals, and there is already a Best Buy YMMV thread.

It is worth saying that any old CE's Best Buy has that you are interested in are worth a price check at least.

No offense OP, but this has probably been mentioned about 10 times already. CE's are on clearance at Best Buy with a Manager's Special of 0 to 80% off. Many Best Buys aren't participating. Again, these types of deals belong in the YMMV Best Buy thread or the regional forum, since each individual store is different.

[quote name='kart007k']I was at my local NJ Best Buy store and saw the following

- Fallout 3 (lunchbox edition) 29.99 PS3
- Saint Row 2 (CE) 31.99 PS3

Also at Union Store I saw

Buy Madden 10 & get 50 % off on the following or get 25% off when picking it up at a reg. price.

Endwar Bundle with headset (360 & PS3) - 89.99
Resistance 2 CE - 39.99
SOCOM bundle - 59.99
Warhawk - 49.99
COD: WAW (PC) 69.99

That is it. It was at union and Woodbridge store.[/QUOTE]

Just to double check. What was the Madden '09 CE deal since it is in your thread title but the only listing in your actual post was about Madden '10.

Bridgewater NJ store had Madden 09 CE for $20, Saints Row 2 CE for 23.99. Looked for Resistance, didn't see it. Saw hell's highway CE, some wrestling CE which were all marked down as well (didnt see prices) all 360

Best Buy - Tenleytown (Washington DC)

$2.50 - Alone in the Dark (PC)
$2.50 - Rock Revolution (PS3)
$8.50 - Defendin' de Penguin (NDS)
$7.50 - John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland (NDS)
$8.50 - Code Lyoko (NDS)
$9.99 - Code Lyoko (PSP)
$17.50 - Gears of War 2: LE (X360)
$15 - Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway LE (X360)
$15 - Boogie Superstar w/mic (Wii)

They seem to have restocked their 50% off bins. They had a bunch of NDS and Wii games... too many to list.

I picked up the last Fallout 3 CE for PS3 at the Leesburg, VA store for $35.99. They still had it marked as $59.99, but the guy worked there was scanning all the games apparently to check for what needed new tags. I asked him to check the ole lunchbox and I took it off his hands.

Picked up saints row 2 for $23 without any other deals going on in Pueblo colorado. Hope it is worth a shit I know cheapy said it was great.

Picked up Fallout 3 CE for $36.99 at Best Buy today, though I'm thinking about returning it.

Anyone know how much the GOTY edition is going to cost?

I am just waiting for Street Fighter 4 Collectors Edtion to get a green sticker now :)

Mind if I ask about the availability of Gow2 CE? I live in NY too. Basically, I wouldn't mind adding the Steelbook to my collection. If not, its cool.

I wish my Best Buy had better sales. Whenever I go in they never have very good ones. I may go in to check for the Fallout 3 CE though. I just ordered the game on Gamehastings for $27 so if I could get the collector's for $30 that would be awesome.

[quote name='lolwut?']picked up fallout 3 ce for $36.99 at best buy today, though i'm thinking about returning it.

Anyone know how much the goty edition is going to cost?[/quote]

$60

My local best buy doesn't drop the prices on the CE editions of games. I really wished it did, because I would pickup RE and Fallout in a heart beat at $30.00.

I went on Friday to get Madden and they had 2 copies of BlazBlue CE now! I really hope they put that on Manager's Special soon!

@ lolwut:

Dude, I'll buy that FO3 back from you!!!!

A note to anyone else, I'm willing to give 5 games of your choice on my thread for a Fallout 3!

I picked up a street Fighter IV CE for $9.99, I already have the game but for $10 you can't go wrong, The outer box is a little dented from their security device but what they hey. I also picked up two copies of Lips for $6.99 and a High School Musical 3 Dance for the same price. Before now my BB has not been that great but now I feel compelled to go in whenever I am in town.

[quote name='usmasters']I picked up a street Fighter IV CE for $9.99[/QUOTE]

Very nice. For which system? I wish my BBs had anything remotely resembling the deals many of you are finding. Stingy BB managers = :cry:

[quote name='Mysterio']Very nice. For which system? I wish my BBs had anything remotely resembling the deals many of you are finding. Stingy BB managers = :cry:[/QUOTE]

For the 360, after I asked a guy the price another employee started looking through the clearance endcap and the aisles looking for more stuff, I don't think he found anything though, poor guy :).

Went in today to get a copy of Disgaea 3 that had been staring at me for three weeks becuase I finally got some reward coupons...

Went in today and all four copies were gone, asked the associate if they had any and he found four in the store according to the computer...

He went back in the storeroom and found they were in a bin and they were going to be shipped back to the manufacturer, luckily he grabbed a copy for me and told the cashier it was 25 percent off...

So I got Disgaea 3 for 20 bucks.....

Don't know why they would only ship Disgaea 3 back all the other clearance games were untouched....

Northville, MI:

Saw two copies of Buzz Quiz TV PS3 bundle for $16.99. Snagged both (one for me, one for my buddy).

They also had:
- a ton of Disney/High School Musical/etc. PS3 Singing games - $9.99
- Gears of War 2 - $16.99
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Kollector's Edition (360 & PS3) - $29.99

No CE's other than the MK vs. DC KE

[quote name='jcp42877']@ lolwut:

Dude, I'll buy that FO3 back from you!!!!

A note to anyone else, I'm willing to give 5 games of your choice on my thread for a Fallout 3![/QUOTE]

If you're just going to pay cost and shipping, I'd rather return it. Sorry

[quote name='lmcam4']Best Buy - Tenleytown (Washington DC)

$2.50 - Alone in the Dark (PC)
$2.50 - Rock Revolution (PS3)
$8.50 - Defendin' de Penguin (NDS)
$7.50 - John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland (NDS)
$8.50 - Code Lyoko (NDS)
$9.99 - Code Lyoko (PSP)
$17.50 - Gears of War 2: LE (X360)
$15 - Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway LE (X360)
$15 - Boogie Superstar w/mic (Wii)

They seem to have restocked their 50% off bins. They had a bunch of NDS and Wii games... too many to list.[/QUOTE]

Ah, some local competition. I check those bins in the Tenleytown store somewhat regularly, but I didn't see the GoW2: LE in there. I may have to swing by this afternoon and pick one up, did they have a lot left?

Also, IIRC the Boogie Bundle for PS2 was sub-$5.

bread's done
Back