Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I found COD:WAW Collector's Edition at the Woodbridge, NJ store for $47.99. I had them scan it to double check the price. Seems to be going for the same price on eBay so I passed. Only one copy on the shelf.

[quote name='Bezerker']Gotta love it.

rrfind.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I found more Rock Revolutions for you right here
garbagesmall.jpg

So I was at the Houston Galleria BB and they had Saints Row 2 collector's edition (x360) on sale for $19.99. Pretty good deal and it comes with a USB flash drive.

BB Prattville has a bin for $10 xbox 360 games now. Looked and they had one copy of xblades, I wonder if I can use the RZ coupon..... even though the fine print says excluding sales....

Yeah the coupon didn't work but they had more bins everything from ps2, psp, ps3, 360, and wii all $10.
Just some stuff off the top of my head.
Wii
Star wars:TFU
Lego Batman
Wii shovelwar

Xbox 360
Xblades (so I couldnt use my coupon!)
Narnia prince caspian
Condemned criminal origins
Condemned 2 bloodshot
Golden Axe beast rider

PS2
Maximo and the army of zen
Ratchet and clank: going commando
Odin Sphere
Singstar 80's and 90's

As for the ps3 games nothing to really note and PSP Star ocean 1st departure was the only one that stood out but I already bought it.

Best buy in Meriden CT today I picked up MOH airborne and blazing angels 2 for xbox360 for $9.99 each. Clearance section was in middle of gaming. I also stopped at newington location> Their clearance section is in the back of the store and it was a joke. Games marked at 29.99 and up.

[quote name='lasthearth']So I was at the Houston Galleria BB and they had Saints Row 2 collector's edition (x360) on sale for $19.99. Pretty good deal and it comes with a USB flash drive.[/QUOTE]

I hope you left one! last weekend they had 5, it didn't seem to be a fast mover, I might finally pick one up Monday or Tuesday (gotta get a lot of stuff on Tues anyway - T:TSCC S2, Observe & Report, Halo...)

[quote name='token2k6']I hope you left one! last weekend they had 5, it didn't seem to be a fast mover, I might finally pick one up Monday or Tuesday (gotta get a lot of stuff on Tues anyway - T:TSCC S2, Observe & Report, Halo...)[/QUOTE]

Really .. I didnt see any of them on Wednesday .. maybe I missed it by not looking carefully .. Going to check tomorrow to see what else they have since Im going to MicroCenter since they are in the same area.

But today I scored Madden 09 Collectors edition for $5.00 bucks at the Gulf Gate area .. it had a small crushed corner of the package thats why I got it cheap .. only one they have marked at $5 .. the rest of them are $19.99

my best buy had all 09 sport games for 10 dollars, guitar hero world tour for 20, gutiar hero aerosmith and 3 for 15each, they had mlb front office manager for 3 dollars each. I grabbed all 4. Toys r us is giving 9 dollars each for those profit for me. They had brothers in arms limited edition for 20. Halo 2 for 5bucks. I had to get that. Dead to rights for 5. Mass effect for 15. Some crappy wii games for 5 that could be flippable. Sadly they had no collectors edition. I must of picked up their last blaze blue limited for 30 about 3 weeks ago. This the best buy in Evanston Il.

Picked up Virtua Tennis 2009 for PS3 at 50% off. been playing that series since my Dreamcast. Same 50% rack by the registers since labor day. Nothing else really that good (Sterling Heights MI)

[quote name='EnronLackey']Really .. I didnt see any of them on Wednesday .. maybe I missed it by not looking carefully .. Going to check tomorrow to see what else they have since Im going to MicroCenter since they are in the same area.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are on the very last isle of games towards the movies. kinda confusing, but this area seems to be this locations clearance area. They have all the C.E.'s over there MKvsDC, CoDWW, SFIV, Halo Wars, etc . Plus you'll see the GoW2 or Halo (?) vehicle toys on the bottom for $9.99, they've been there forever!

If you find them, leave one or stash one if you can, I will have to go Monday. Was planning on getting this to truly collect and not open, since I already have the regular version. Hard to resist a bullet shaped USB drive.

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah, they are on the very last isle of games towards the movies. kinda confusing, but this area seems to be this locations clearance area. They have all the C.E.'s over there MKvsDC, CoDWW, SFIV, Halo Wars, etc . Plus you'll see the GoW2 or Halo (?) vehicle toys on the bottom for $9.99, they've been there forever!

If you find them, leave one or stash one if you can, I will have to go Monday. Was planning on getting this to truly collect and not open, since I already have the regular version. Hard to resist a bullet shaped USB drive.[/QUOTE]

Found them .. mostly all CoD WW X360 Collector $40 (pick up that one) and Halo Wars Collectors $80 O_O!! .. was really tempted to pick up MKvsDC collectors but naw .. as for the Saints Row 2 collector for $20 I found them too, but you didnt tell me that it was all PS3 :p hehe .. they move them toward the front of the line next to teh registers all 5 of them were there when I left around 2 pm .. you can easily miss em if you got some hasty ppl behind you but they are among other games .. the others are nothing worth mentioning

As for the GoW remote "tank" that cant turn left or right .. yep they are STILL there collecting dust .. ROFL

Who got an Odin Sphere (black label) for me?!!

[quote name='EnronLackey']Found them .. mostly all CoD WW X360 Collector $40 (pick up that one) and Halo Wars Collectors $80 O_O!! .. was really tempted to pick up MKvsDC collectors but naw .. as for the Saints Row 2 collector for $20 I found them too, but you didnt tell me that it was all PS3 :p hehe .. they move them toward the front of the line next to teh registers all 5 of them were there when I left around 2 pm .. you can easily miss em if you got some hasty ppl behind you but they are among other games .. the others are nothing worth mentioning

As for the GoW remote "tank" that cant turn left or right .. yep they are STILL there collecting dust .. ROFL

Who got an Odin Sphere (black label) for me?!![/QUOTE]

Interesting, I could have sworn the SR2 CE was for the 360, maybe they had both...oh well, going back tomorrow anyway. Yeah, they need to drop the price on those other CE's, no reason Halo Wars or MKvsDC still need to be anywhere over $45. should go on clearance soon...

[quote name='slowdive21']Picked up BlazBLue Collector's edition for the 360 for $12! I also got the Lego batman guide for $2[/QUOTE]

Where? Possible to get me a copy for $22 shipped, pm with response.

[quote name='jazzman']Where? Possible to get me a copy for $22 shipped, pm with response.[/QUOTE]

They only had one! I would have bought all of them if they had more. :bouncy:

Actually had a day off from work, so I checked out two local Best Buy's. Picked up Mercenaries 2 from one store and Dragon Quest IV from another.

Marin City, CA

They had a mobile display of Clearance Games and Value-Priced Games right behind their Video Games section. Most of the Clearance Games were random Third Party crap titles, but they had some good/decent stuff..

Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (Xbox 360)- $9.99
TNA Impact (PS3)- $9.99
TNA Impact (Wii)- $5.99
Jericho (PS3)- $9.99
Golden Axe: Beast Rider (Xbox 360)- $9.99
Beowulf (Xbox 360)- $9.99
Rock Revolution (Xbox 360)- $9.99

San Rafael, CA

Not much at this one. They had a mobile display as well in front of their games section with all their clearance items.

-Dragon Quest IV: Chapters Of The Chosen (NDS)- $4.99
-Rock Revolution (PS3): $4.99
-Guitar Hero 1/2 Double Pack (PS2)- $4.99
-Brothers In Arms: Highway To Hell (Xbox 360)- $4.99
-Star Ocean: First Departure (PSP)- $4.99
-Rock Band Track Pack (PS2)- $4.99
-Dark Messiah Of Might and Magic Elements (Xbox 360)- $4.99

Many of the titles I don't remember were random games at both stores.

Best Buy - Gilroy, CA has various YMMV clearance items. They're currently running a yellow-sticker $5 sale.

I picked up the last copy of Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard :360: for $5. :)

might as well. LOL, this game has cheeky humor, tutorial stage mirrors Gears of War mixed with True Crime.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Best Buy - Gilroy, CA has various YMMV clearance items. They're currently running a yellow-sticker $5 sale.

I picked up the last copy of Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard :360: for $5. :)

might as well. LOL, this game has cheeky humor, tutorial stage mirrors Gears of War mixed with True Crime.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I work there! XD

We also had these sweet Skullcandy headsets for PS3 for $35, we sold em lightning quick though

[quote name='ricshos']Dude, I work there! XD

We also had these sweet Skullcandy headsets for PS3 for $35, we sold em lightning quick though[/QUOTE]

those skull candy were ok, but where these headphone companies fail (and those in-particular) is no workaround for HDMI, which if you don't have HDMI for your PS3, you shouldn't even have a PS3...

I finally found Saints Row 2 for 19.99. I wish it was cheaper.

None of the stores I've been to, Palo Alto,Mountain View, or Santana Row have anything remotely close to the good deals you guys are finding :/

I got a PS3 Slim today from the Everett Best Buy here in Washington for $299 and got to choose a game from a bin which had some sports titles, the Club, Eat Lead and some other titles for $0.01.

Oh and my bad in advance if this has been posted already.

[quote name='agm227']if I can exchange Eat Lead at a store for some credit since it's unopened, then not the worst deal.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying, or prepare for a critical beatdown from the board.

lol^

meh. not a good deal really. considering you can get it for like 270 now with free shipping/no tax. and u could use the $20 u save to get MGS 4. one of the highest rated ps3 games er. You seriously over paid. the tax must've killed you.

I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying, or prepare for a critical beatdown from the board.

If that's a taboo, then my bad.

[quote name='agm227']I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying, or prepare for a critical beatdown from the board.

If that's a taboo, then my bad.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to go out on a limb and say fraud is a taboo no matter where you are.

are you talking about doing a no receipt return at another store for a profit?

i THINK what they're all frowning on is that. BUT, if you did it thru a trade-in program you'd proly be in good graces here. or you can make a post saying you'll trade it for something someone else has on this site. that might work also

[quote name='uhoh_evo']are you talking about doing a no receipt return at another store for a profit?

i THINK what they're all frowning on is that. BUT, if you did it thru a trade-in program you'd proly be in good graces here. or you can make a post saying you'll trade it for something someone else has on this site. that might work also[/QUOTE]

Well, since he mentioned getting credit it for it unopened, it sounds like return fraud.

Also, this belongs in the Best Buy YMMV thread since this is only at the Everett, WA location.

I may be in the minority but returning without a reciept is anything but fraud. If i ever get a game I dont want as a gift I got to walmart and get a gift card for the amount. Even if i bought them cheap somewhere i would return them to them because they are the scammers Not single people that return games for MERCHANDISE CREDIT. thats money right to them. You are giving them a game and guaranteeing them a sale on something else. They do not give a shit about how many gift cards they give out because 30% are not even used. THey buy the items for pennies and sell them for dollars. If you think returning a game unopened to a store to make a profit is a taboo you need to get your head checked. This is why our economy is the way it is. You people worship these big corporations like their doing us a favor when they are TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US LIKE THERE IS NO TOMMOROW!

I'm sorry but the majority of people on here can't give this guy crap about returning the unopened item for credit. Lot of members on here guilty of double ECA discounts and refunds especially during the HALO:ODST Amazon promo. Your taking advantage of the system just like he wants to. And what is the big deal if he returns it to another store for credit. That store could end up selling it at it's original price rather than lose the money at the .01 sell.

[quote name='v1c70r']I may be in the minority but returning without a reciept is anything but fraud. If i ever get a game I dont want as a gift I got to walmart and get a gift card for the amount. Even if i bought them cheap somewhere i would return them to them because they are the scammers Not single people that return games for MERCHANDISE CREDIT. thats money right to them. You are giving them a game and guaranteeing them a sale on something else. They do not give a shit about how many gift cards they give out because 30% are not even used. THey buy the items for pennies and sell them for dollars. If you think returning a game unopened to a store to make a profit is a taboo you need to get your head checked. This is why our economy is the way it is. You people worship these big corporations like their doing us a favor when they are TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US LIKE THERE IS NO TOMMOROW![/QUOTE]

fucking scumbag.

[quote name='v1c70r']I may be in the minority but returning without a reciept is anything but fraud. If i ever get a game I dont want as a gift I got to walmart and get a gift card for the amount. Even if i bought them cheap somewhere i would return them to them because they are the scammers Not single people that return games for MERCHANDISE CREDIT. thats money right to them. You are giving them a game and guaranteeing them a sale on something else. They do not give a shit about how many gift cards they give out because 30% are not even used. THey buy the items for pennies and sell them for dollars. If you think returning a game unopened to a store to make a profit is a taboo you need to get your head checked. This is why our economy is the way it is. You people worship these big corporations like their doing us a favor when they are TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US LIKE THERE IS NO TOMMOROW![/QUOTE]

I'll let you have your rant and screwball logic all you want, but just wanted to correct you on this one point: It's exactly fraud.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I'd have to go out on a limb and say fraud is a taboo no matter where you are.[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe not in nigeria, apparently...

Almost every major retailer will ask if what you are buying is a gift, and give you a gift receipt in addition to the normal receipt (Target, for example, will just print it out without even asking). If the person does not like the gift, then they can return it for the credit.

[quote name='arbitraryhandle']Excuse me?[/QUOTE]

General Educational Development - apparently people who can't graduate from high school have to get one of these in order to have any chance at a future...

I think he was calling you out!! damn!!!!

[quote name='krazymed']Almost every major retailer will ask if what you are buying is a gift, and give you a gift receipt in addition to the normal receipt (Target, for example, will just print it out without even asking). If the person does not like the gift, then they can return it for the credit.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what magical store you're going to but 99% of cashiers barely show any interest in the customer nowadays so you pretty much have to request the gift receipt. You can still return an unopened product for credit regardless of receipt. So if I return an item that was given to me as a gift which was significantly less at one store to the same store at another location, I'm branded as committing fraud? That is the store's responsibility, not mine.

bread's done
Back