Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shazapp']I picked up a PlayStation 3 Sound Bar today for $79.00. I'd been interested in this at twice the price, so this was a must grab. I've seen it at more than one store at this price...and it is labeled as a clearance item.[/QUOTE]

I think Wombat has this sound bar. Pretty sure he mentioned it on a CAGcast. He may be willing to give you his .02 if you pm him.

So, Trinity Universe dropped down to $19.99 along with Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage(PS3 and 360). Also snagged the last copy of Star Ocean International for $14.99. Also saw Magna Carta 2 for the 360 at $17.99.

[quote name='illennium']Nice clearance in Astoria, NY.

Just Cause 2 (PS3) $10
Metro 2033 (360) $15
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars (Wii) $3
Ys Seven (PSP) $10
Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP) $5
Bookworm (DS) $5
Broken Sword (DS) $3
Where the Wild Things Are (DS) $3

Funny how it's easier to find new games for $3-5 than used games.[/QUOTE]

Are there any Ys and Lunar left? Been meaning to walk over to that store but just haven't gotten around to it.

[quote name='GTAERgameing']Saw at the West Lebanon, NH store:
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition :360: $9.99
Tom Clancy's HAWX :ps3: $9.99
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 :ps3: $9.99
NARUTO Shippuden: Ninja Council 4 :ds: $8.99[/QUOTE]

I can confirm, as well as others, that the Borderlands GOTY is nationwide clearance. I did not look for those other games but did see others not mentioned in my store:
:360:Fable II (non-platinum hits) $2.99
:360:Dragon Age: Origins $9.99
:360:Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce $19.99

Just snagged me the last copy of mafia 2 collectors edition for PS3. The tag said $29.99 but the game rang up for $9.99. Worth the $10 for the steelbook and artbook alone.

[quote name='valek180']Just snagged me the last copy of mafia 2 collectors edition for PS3. The tag said $29.99 but the game rang up for $9.99. Worth the $10 for the steelbook and artbook alone.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Nice find. Wonder if Mafia 2 is nationwide.

Anyway, Borderlands GOTY was sold out, but I saw Mass Effect 2 Collector edition for $20 PC. Anyone play mass effect 2? Is it good? is it better on PC or xbox?

Fallout New vegas for $10 is great, but are they going to release a GOTY?

[quote name='Wapcaplet']:ps3: Atelier Rorona dropped to $19.99 at some stores. Check Google Products for availability.[/QUOTE] saw it tonight already got it though but considering there's a b2g1 coming with no new releases for a while this is the time to restock the backlog.

[quote name='Wapcaplet']:ps3: Atelier Rorona dropped to $19.99 at some stores. Check Google Products for availability.[/QUOTE]

wow i jost check google shopping.. i CAN pick up Atelier Rorona 19.99 and borderland goty 9.99 near BB tomorrow.. nice shot! thanks!

[quote name='The Punisher']Wow. Nice find. Wonder if Mafia 2 is nationwide.

Anyway, Borderlands GOTY was sold out, but I saw Mass Effect 2 Collector edition for $20 PC. Anyone play mass effect 2? Is it good? is it better on PC or xbox?

Fallout New vegas for $10 is great, but are they going to release a GOTY?[/QUOTE]

Even so, you'll be getting the same price essentially. Assuming there will be 5 DLC's in all, that's $50 for all DLC plus $10 for the game for a grand total of $60. Last I checked, $60=$60, and you'll get to play immediately, rather than in 10 months.

[quote name='2DMention']Picked up Bionic Commando for PS3 at the Ham Lake ? Best Buy for $3 got last one.[/QUOTE]

Way to share that local YMMV deal for everyone else to... oh wait :roll:

Lucked out and grabbed the last Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2 earlier. Was actually looking for Borderlands when i saw the Pricetag for 9.99, yet no copies of the game. Dug through the rows of games, and ended up finding the last copy hidden inbetween some old CE Boxes.

For those living in DC, I just bought Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity for 17.99 at the store in Columbia Heights. Regular price is 29.99. There might be one more the shelf.

Just snagged the last copy on the floor of Metro 2033 for $15 as well as New Vegas 360 at Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh, NC.

Also there: (that I can remember off the top of my head)

Green Day RB - $11.99
50 Cent: BotS - $7.99
Bunch of copies of Mafia 2 marked for $30... don't know if they rang up at $10 or not
Brutal Legend - $4.99
Dark Void - $4.99
Band Hero - $14.99

PS3
Blazblue: CS - $14.99
Bioshock 2: CE - $34.99 (not a great deal, but they've been gone for a while)

Wii
RB3 Keyboard Bundle

Just got back from Best Buy and they had Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition for $9.99!!!!!

Such a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='DukeSoccer']Just got back from Best Buy and they had Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition for $9.99!!!!!

Such a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I know the Best Buys near me probably won't have it, but do you have the SKU number? (Also, was it :360: or :ps3:?) Thanks!

Just picked Punch out for the Wii at my Best Buy for 6.69 (w/tax) what an incredible deal. They had a few things of interest but this was one of the best deals ever. If you see something at your Best Buy on clearance, it may not be priced correctly. Be sure an check because the Punch Out was marked 49.99 and 75% off but rang up 24.99 and they took 75% off of that. They had a lot on sale. Going back one day this week to look again at what gems I might find. Didn't have much time today. Also picked up Hot Shots Tennis for 4.99. I did see Picross 3D for DS for 10.00 which is a great game for a good price. Reminds me of the great Circuit City sales from back in the day. Happy Hunting everyone and Happy Gaming!!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If I were to buy batman AA CE I tell them the sku (Please explain to me what that is) and they'll make it $10? I new to this so please take it easy on me.[/QUOTE]

The sku is just the item number it will appear in Bestbuys inventory. If you called them and gave them the number they would know the item and all that. If you find it; it should be priced as 9.99 by default. Not every deal is universal and not every deal works across the board.

MK 9 TE is 60 for Xbox and 150 PS3
Borderlands GOTY 9.99 for xbox and 39.99 ps3
etc

[quote name='admiralvic']The sku is just the item number it will appear in Bestbuys inventory. If you called them and gave them the number they would know the item and all that. If you find it; it should be priced as 9.99 by default. Not every deal is universal and not every deal works across the board.

MK 9 TE is 60 for Xbox and 150 PS3
Borderlands GOTY 9.99 for xbox and 39.99 ps3
etc[/QUOTE]

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm so jealous of the finds some people find. DBZ RB 2 for $10, Batman CE $10, Metal Slug, $3, etc... Guys are mad lucky. My BB sucks

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Thank you for clearing that up. I'm so jealous of the finds some people find. DBZ RB 2 for $10, Batman CE $10, Metal Slug, $3, etc... Guys are mad lucky. My BB sucks[/QUOTE]

For me thats part of the fun lol. You can read here and see TONS of deals and I will see similar ones. My target only made it to 20 with sly (knew I should have bought it then Y_Y) and other area's hit 7. Some people find that stuff and I found the Alter CE for 20 (didnt buy because the CE sucks). Then on the other hand I found Halo Reach CE (statue one) for 34 (was broke =[ so I didnt buy), but I did buy Black Ops Prestige Edition for 34 usd. It's all about being proactive and informed =P

Found a copy of today of Trinity Universe for $31.99 (was hoping it would be $19.99 like some have reported), and Star Ocean: the Last Hope International for $14.99; both PS3 games, obviously. I grabbed some of the cheap $3-5 games, as well, for filler, x-mas presents, etc...

Just wanted to say I saw the Borderlands GOTY for $9.99 at two stores. The game was trading in at BB for nearly $20 that same day. So weird...

Woman at one store told me she had just sold a COD Black Ops prestige edition or whatever, the one with the RC Car, for $15 on PS3.

Stopped in yesterday mainly for New Vegas.

They had a bunch of games with sticker slapped on that said 25-50% off. Most were marked down to $19.99 already, but some had clearance stickers on them in addition to the % off.

Picked up Dragon Age: Origins for $9.99 with a 25% sticker so $7.50.

Saw Blur for $14.99 with a 50% sticker so $7.50 as well.

Most of the rest weren't quite as good and were the $20 marked down to $10 with the stickers. Brutal Legend (even though the clerk said it was $4.99 for the sale.), Lego Rock Band, and a lot of others mediocre titles I'm blanking on. (All these are 360.) Only one "WTF" deal in there, the $62 Green Day Rock Band Plus was 50% off. $31 for clearance? Huh?

Oh and a few PC titles. Fable: TLC, Halo:CE and Left 4 Dead were all $7.50 I believe.

Just picked up Atelier Rorona for $20 and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for $9, both from the clearance bin. I was shocked to see Strange Journey for that price; it was the last copy there.

Came out pretty good today. Most of these were unmarked and they should be on nationwide clearance (will ring up at the same price nationwide):

:ds: Moon - $2.99
:ds: Boing! Dokomodake - $2.99
:psp: Metal Skug XX - $2.99
:psp: Ace Combat: Joint Assault - $9.99
:ps3: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - $14.99
:ps3: Damnation - $2.99

[quote name='Josef']Came out pretty good today. Most of these were unmarked and they should be on nationwide clearance (will ring up at the same price nationwide):

:ds: Moon - $2.99
:ds: Boing! Dokomodake - $2.99
:psp: Metal Skug XX - $2.99
:psp: Ace Combat: Joint Assault - $9.99
:ps3: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - $14.99
:ps3: Damnation - $2.99[/QUOTE]

I don't think Star Ocean is $14.99 nationwide since it's still on the website at $39.99. I assume that one at least is a regional/store-specific clearance.

[quote name='Josef']they should be on nationwide clearance (will ring up at the same price nationwide):[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that Best Buy had nationwide (or even area-wide) clearance pricing. Everytime I've checked on a clearance item with a blueshirt at a terminal, it usually came up on clearance at every local store, but the price was different depending on the store.

Picked up all of these for PS3:
Atelier Rorona $20
Folklore $10
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International $15
Vanquish $10
Warhawk $10

[quote name='JordanPlayer']Picked up all of these for PS3:
Atelier Rorona $20
Folklore $10
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International $15
Vanquish $10
Warhawk $10[/QUOTE]
having a hard time finding a copy of vanquish...

your lucky man, went to a local gamestop and no luck lol

Went in for FO:NV, got that and a copy of Blazblue Continuum Shift for the PS3 that was $15.

Also saw Atelier Rorona and Trinity Universe, but both were $32. So might check back on those during the B2G1 free next week.

[quote name='illennium']I don't think Star Ocean is $14.99 nationwide since it's still on the website at $39.99. I assume that one at least is a regional/store-specific clearance.[/QUOTE]

Don't know but there are a lot of posts from people saying they got it for $14.99. It did ring up as a clearance item and did not require a price override or anything.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Has anybody else found metal Slug XX for $3. I want to pick up a metal slug title for years, but BB website isn't showing me the game new only pre-owned[/QUOTE]

Somebody posted earlier this weekend I believe. That's what got me to scan the item (it was marked $19.99). Sure enough it scanned for $2.99.

[quote name='gantt']I wasn't aware that Best Buy had nationwide (or even area-wide) clearance pricing. Everytime I've checked on a clearance item with a blueshirt at a terminal, it usually came up on clearance at every local store, but the price was different depending on the store.[/QUOTE]

By nationwide, I mean they are in the system as clearance items and do not require a price override like the YMMV store level clearance items. Granted I've also seen a lot of their clearance games have varying prices, lately (especially with these $2.99 games) they seem to be the same price across all stores.

I also picked up:

:psp: Lunar - $4.99

And can confirm:

:360: Batman: Arkham Assylum CE - $9.99

[quote name='Josef']Don't know but there are a lot of posts from people saying they got it for $14.99. It did ring up as a clearance item and did not require a price override or anything.

Somebody posted earlier this weekend I believe. That's what got me to scan the item (it was marked $19.99). Sure enough it scanned for $2.99.

By nationwide, I mean they are in the system as clearance items and do not require a price override like the YMMV store level clearance items. Granted I've also seen a lot of their clearance games have varying prices, lately (especially with these $2.99 games) they seem to be the same price across all stores.

I also picked up:

:psp: Lunar - $4.99

And can confirm:

:360: Batman: Arkham Assylum CE - $9.99[/QUOTE]

Is Batman CE good? Th eonly difference is that it's in 3D correct? Also for any one that's played it, is the 3D look good? Sorry for all the questions

[quote name='dvdactor']Batman Game of the Year is 3D. CE comes in a big case with a displayable batarang and a DVD of extra content, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I think the guy that posted was talking about the 3D one (The GOTY I believe). That is the one I wanted to know about. I've never seen the CE before but if he actually meant the CE then I rather get that than some 3D one.

bread's done
Back