Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
:ps3: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Limited Edition $14.99. Picked up the last copy today at the BB near my office. I checked 3 other BB's and none of them had any. Seemed like a pretty good deal for a LE. I'd love to swap someone for the 360 version though.

[quote name='fortunado']:ps3: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Limited Edition $14.99. Picked up the last copy today at the BB near my office. I checked 3 other BB's and none of them had any. Seemed like a pretty good deal for a LE. I'd love to swap someone for the 360 version though.[/QUOTE]

-shrugs- I picked up a 360 version of this LE last month for 17.99. I checked two other surrounding BestBuys and they had neither the PS3 or 360 in stock. So this might be hard to find.

[quote name='drktrpr1']This. I have yet to find a YMMV item at my local BB. Not that I go there much anymore (due to said lack of good deals), but nonetheless everything is always MSRP or generic advertised sale price.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've never seen anything here that's YMMV. The only reason I shop there is because of their sales and reward zone certs. Target I find stuff a lot...but Best Buy? No.

[quote name='fortunado']:ps3: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Limited Edition $14.99. Picked up the last copy today at the BB near my office. I checked 3 other BB's and none of them had any. Seemed like a pretty good deal for a LE. I'd love to swap someone for the 360 version though.[/QUOTE]

Do you mind posting the BB sku on this one? Thanks!

If you don't want to waste time searching around for items there's 2 ways to get them no hassle. If you have the sku # go into any BB search using their customer kiosks if it's not in stock there they will send it to you home free shipping. If your a RZ silver member you can also you the "personal shopper" they hunt the items down for you and send it to you w/free shipping. In-store p/u may also be avail. in some cases.

[quote name='Enuf']If you don't want to waste time searching around for items there's 2 ways to get them no hassle. If you have the sku # go into any BB search using their customer kiosks if it's not in stock there they will send it to you home free shipping. If your a RZ silver member you can also you the "personal shopper" they hunt the items down for you and send it to you w/free shipping. In-store p/u may also be avail. in some cases.[/QUOTE]

The customer kiosks don't show clearance items that have been taken off the bestbuy online site.

[quote name='dubleo']The customer kiosks don't show clearance items that have been taken off the bestbuy online site.[/QUOTE]

Had it work for me when I was hunting last rebellion down...the item was in stock at the store though just not where the clearance section sticker was. BB's inventory tracking system sucks. If you have the sku the item can be tracked in store though if not by the customer kiosk then ask a rep to use the store pc that shows the total item count at several stores. As long as you have the sku BB should be able to locate.

[quote name='nakanenui']Nier was marked 14.99 so got that. Trinity Universe was 39.99.[/QUOTE]
I went tonight and found Nier was marked down to $13.99. I was going to wait for Amazon to knock it down to $15 so finally went and picked this up.

[quote name='rpghope18']I went tonight and found Nier was marked down to $13.99. I was going to wait for Amazon to knock it down to $15 so finally went and picked this up.[/QUOTE]
This which I am on the fence about and Tatsunoko vs Capcom for 15.99 which I picked up:)

I saw BlazBlue: Continuum Shift marked down to $23.99 (handwritten price tags) at one BB I went by while looking for Calamity Trigger LE. I thought that was a decent discount from $30 but not a clearance markdown.

Here's the SKU on the :ps3: Calamity Trigger CE for anyone that was interested. It was marked down from $59.99 to $15.99.
SKU# 9377667

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fortunado']I saw BlazBlue: Continuum Shift marked down to $23.99 (handwritten price tags) at one BB I went by while looking for Calamity Trigger LE. I thought that was a decent discount from $30 but not a clearance markdown.

Here's the SKU on the :ps3: Calamity Trigger CE for anyone that was interested. It was marked down from $59.99 to $15.99.
SKU# 9377667[/QUOTE]

Isn't continuum shift 17.99 at gamestop used right now?

[quote name='dmdragon']Isn't continuum shift 17.99 at gamestop used right now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Lower, $12.99 used[/QUOTE]

We are talking about the collector's edition and it is new at BB.

They had a decent selection on clearance at my BB. Picked up Rock Band 3 ("normal" $20) and No More Heroes 2 ($20 minus 25%)and Harry Potter & Half-Blood Prince ($15 minus 25%)

Used a $10 RWZ too

Picked up Risen (360) for $14.99. It's on national clearance so your Best Buy will likely have it for that price if you're interested.

[quote name='Josef']Picked up Risen (360) for $14.99. It's on national clearance so your Best Buy will likely have it for that price if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

$10 at TRU not sure if it's clearance item or just markdown though.

Saw :ps3: High Velocity Bowling for $9.99, half off regular and amazon's $19.96 price point.

On a slightly different note, I don't think they have sold a single copy of Shaun White Skateboarding for $11. Maybe for black friday they'll just give it away free with any purchase. Hehe.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Divinity II Ego Draconis Best Buy Pre-order Ed Xbox 360 $11.99

comes with bonus Armor and Weapons download , but couldnt get mine to work , said error occured[/QUOTE]

Why would you buy did when it was just remade?

red dead redemption trades in at $30 again at BBY just a heads up to all

i know this may not be on topic but i didnt find a thread about trading in stuff at best buy and since there is none created i thought to just put this in here

[quote name='joker______']red dead redemption trades in at $30 again at BBY just a heads up to all

i know this may not be on topic but i didnt find a thread about trading in stuff at best buy and since there is none created i thought to just put this in here[/QUOTE]

Halo Reach went back up to $30 from $25. just think thats something to mention if someone got it cheap.. Its currently on sale for $37.99

[quote name='joker______']oh my bad Cheapest didnt see it[/QUOTE]
That's alright. I kinda think we need a TRU and BB trade thread to point out better values that those who would otherwise go to GS and have to jump through their hoops to get a halfway decent value would be able to get without all of the hassle.

Not to mention that with trading to BB you can buy the Kindle gift cards that work as regular Amazon credit in most places. So you're not even stuck at Worst Buy with that credit.:D

[quote name='Derrick1979']Saw Nintey-Nine Nights II (Xbox 360) for $16.99 on clearance.... Not bad and its about half off retail.[/QUOTE]

I still have that sitting in my pile of shame. Trying to get thru the first one is a bear, so I am hopeful that with a new dev it will be better as a sequel

[quote name='Derrick1979']Saw Nintey-Nine Nights II (Xbox 360) for $16.99 on clearance.... Not bad and its about half off retail.[/QUOTE]

One Mirrion Troops?

[quote name='dubleo']Nier(PS3) is also on clearance[/QUOTE]

What is the clearance price? I always see it priced for $19.99.. I do think it is currently $9.98 with an additional 30% off at TRU though..

Around my area(northeastern PA) they have PS2 memory cards on clearance for $9.99 each. They have both the official Sony ones and those MAX MEMORY ones for around the same price.

[quote name='derrick1979']what is the clearance price? I always see it priced for $19.99.. I do think it is currently $9.98 with an additional 30% off at tru though..[/quote]

$9.99

Picked up in Pomona N.J

:psp: Lunar Silver Star Harmony $7.99

Was on a rack with a bunch of other games for really cheap, not much good left though.

[quote name='Dominick331']Picked up in Pomona N.J

:psp: Lunar Silver Star Harmony $7.99

Was on a rack with a bunch of other games for really cheap, not much good left though.[/QUOTE]

Oh, nice one. I'll have to look out for that around me. Thanks.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Was out today and saw Ass Creed:Brotherhood CE for $39.99 as well as more Halo:Reach Legendary bundles $59 at the Mayfair (WI) location[/QUOTE]

I picked up the ACB CE there for $39.99. Thanks for the heads-up!

Went to a store with a lot of random clearance prices on older games today. Snagged a copy of Endless Ocean: Blue World for $14.99.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Was out today and saw Ass Creed:Brotherhood CE for $39.99 as well as more Halo:Reach Legendary bundles $59 at the Mayfair (WI) location[/QUOTE]

Which system for brotherhood CE?

[quote name='Derrick1979']They had them priced $39.99 for both PS3 & 360[/QUOTE]

Did it ring up automatically at that price or did they have to override it at the register? Thanks

[quote name='PatelKing']Did it ring up automatically at that price or did they have to override it at the register? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well a few weeks ago I grabbed one of those Halo:Reach bundles and the damn thing rang up for $149.99 but I mentioned it and the cashier called someone and they adjusted it. So just watch.

Wasat the Menomonee Falls,WI location today and they have a nice number of clearance stuff ... some of the ones I remember..

3D Dot Heroes $17.99
Eat Lead $11.99 (360)
SSFIV $15.99 (360)
BlazBlue:CS $18.99 (360/PS3)
Various Rockband/GH titles for all 3 systems under $20 (No Bundles)
Arc Rise Fantasia $30.99 (Meh)
Resonate of Fate (360) $30.99 (Meh)

And there were others that were there and mixed in with the regular games as well...

bread's done
Back