Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

In the Path of the Gunslinger questline, I'm at the step where I need to complete the subclass, only... it's already complete. Anyone know how to fix this?

I ended up with two "Stags" for my Warlock from Xur this week also bought the gauntlets but am a little annoyed that they are only 280 and not 290 like the helmet. I only bought the second helmet engram hoping to infuse them into the gauntlets not realizing that items have to be from the same armor slot to use infuse on. I dont know if i am going to try for the other exotic warlock helmet because it seems only to benefit players that use blink which I do not. 

[quote name="Vendetta_x360" post="12925934" timestamp="1442569099"]Got all year 2 Hunter helms :) Also snagged a Stag for the Lock as well as the new Titan Helm. :D[/quote]
I got two year 2 versions of the same year one helmet. :whistle2:(

[quote name="Ryuukishi" post="12926045" timestamp="1442582603"]In the Path of the Gunslinger questline, I'm at the step where I need to complete the subclass, only... it's already complete. Anyone know how to fix this?[/quote]
I simply changed my subclass and changed it back and it worked. I don't think I had a marker but it updated to talk to the vanguard.

That happened for my Sunsinger questline, it popped when I went to orbit/patrol and came back.
Hmm, pretty sure I tried that but I'll keep fiddling with it.

Xur was good to me today. Gauntlets were the only armor slot that I didn't have a new Year 2 legendary for yet, and the Ahamkara ones were already one of my favorite exotics, the affixes are ideal for my playstyle. So I feel great about upgrading my old ones to Year 2 stats. Currently sitting at light level 239.

Also grabbed a helmet engram and picked up Celestial Nighthawk, not bad.

At least as far as the story quests are concerned, Destiny is now The Nathan Fillion Show. And that is a great thing.

Spoiler for The Sunless Cell:

That final boss, in that small enclosed space in the dark, was epic as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got all year 2 Hunter helms :) Also snagged a Stag for the Lock as well as the new Titan Helm. :D
I saw : (

I only had enough coins to get two extra engrams, both of which were Year 1 Warlock Exotics. Light Beyond Nemesis and Obsidian Mind; LBN is actually perfect for right now with really difficult Nightfalls and always for Raids with the quick revive of yourself and of teammates just isnt very exciting unfortunately.

I used my first batch of Legendary Marks now on the one primary I was eyeing since Taken King came out and I am really liking it so far. I cannot remember the name but it is the Scout from Dead Orbit with fitted stock, triple tap and firefly. Was going to use it to get year 2 Truth to have a really solid exotic and heavy but I figured I would much rather have that scout even if it isnt the most logical first choice. So far I am loving the gun!

I saw : (

I only had enough coins to get two extra engrams, both of which were Year 1 Warlock Exotics. Light Beyond Nemesis and Obsidian Mind; LBN is actually perfect for right now with really difficult Nightfalls and always for Raids with the quick revive of yourself and of teammates just isnt very exciting unfortunately.

I used my first batch of Legendary Marks now on the one primary I was eyeing since Taken King came out and I am really liking it so far. I cannot remember the name but it is the Scout from Dead Orbit with fitted stock, triple tap and firefly. Was going to use it to get year 2 Truth to have a really solid exotic and heavy but I figured I would much rather have that scout even if it isnt the most logical first choice. So far I am loving the gun!
After I pledged to FWC I saw that Dead Orbit scout rifle and was instantly mad at myself for doing so. I know I can switch factions next week but I burned all my old armor materials and special ammo refills to rank up FWC quicker.

I used up 15 Three of Coins doing the supposed "exploit" and only got two Exotic Engrams... and they were both for helmets. Cool.

I wish there was a way I could actually farm Strange Coins since I am out.

I am 0 for 6 so far with the three of coins 4 times doing Eye of a Gate Lord and twice on regular strikes.

Bah.  I got like 15 engrams and ended up with 3-4 of the same few helmets.  I got Stag, but at least 4 of them.  I got 3 Obsidian Mind and a few of the feathered one.  Then I got multiple Mask of the Third Man and Knucklehead Radar.  For the Titan I did get the new one but also multiple Helm of Inmost Light (and no new broom helm which I'd like to get).  So, yeah, so much for the improved RNG.  This was pretty much like buying engrams in the past.

I wish the Raid didn't start at 10am and that House of Wolves hadn't broken up my Raid crew.  Only one guy could run it today and he got invited to another group.  So I'm basically without a Raid crew at this point.  If anyone here wants to start it up a CAG run this evening I'm all for that.  I might try to run it with some other people after like 9pm Pacific.

If you are looking to level up to be Raid-ready, the clear way to do that is Court of Oryx.  Me and a friend stumbled on that a few nights ago and if you get 4-7 people there you can cruise through the first two levels of it and even if you aren't the one doing the summoning (with runes) you will get tons of engram drops like with ye olde loot cave...  Two nights ago I went from 230-ish to 274 in just a few hours of that.  Then last night I got up to 284.  We had a guy who used the third-level rune (Antiquated) and we got destroyed the first time.  It recommends level 300 for that.  But we had 7 people there and the second time we got it done (luckily the rune was not consumed when we failed).  For that, you get a 300-level artifact from Eris (assuming you have the rune quest)!

Spent 35 coins yesterday, and it took me forever, because I couldn't get the checkpoint half the time.
I certainly can't complain though, I pretty much got what I wanted. Went in hoping for a good primary, and I got Zhalo Supercell (a new Auto rifle) and The Last Word (hand cannon). Also, since I already had a pretty good helmet, I wanted some other piece of gear, and I got some gauntlets.
As a bonus, I got a Shotgun (Invective) and a Sniper (Hereafter). So I was very happy with my haul.

I can't believe how much there is to do still...I finished the story the other night and I still have three pages of quests.
The people crying about the price of this expansion are nuts....this is WELL worth the money.

io and I farmed the first boss at the end of the Garden mission last night for a couple hours using the Three of Coins method.  Took like 90 seconds per run and you can just jump off the edge without having to go to orbit afterwards.  We were getting an exotic every 4-5 times so basically 7 strange coins per exotic engram.  Got a nice mix of weapons and armor, but neither of us ever had a heavy or boot engram drop (possibly they don't even exist). It also gives a decent amount of xp to level up guns/weapons and you will rank up cryptarch as well for additional legendaries.  I think you can use your dupes to ascend your legendaries to bump your light level up even more (at least I think you can)

Wish I would have known before buying the helmet engrams.  Oh well, I guess grinding those Omnigul weeklies with no burn paid off for something in the end.   

If you want your best shot at new exotics I'd grind this today.  This isn't loot cave engrams, this is 'guaranteed' exotics for a fraction of the price that xur sells them at.  They could patch this at any moment so I would not assume it will last until the reset on Tuesday.  Remember it costs strange coins now to buy the engrams from Xur so this is a far more efficient way to use your coins.

io and I farmed the first boss at the end of the Garden mission last night for a couple hours using the Three of Coins method. Took like 90 seconds per run and you can just jump off the edge without having to go to orbit afterwards. We were getting an exotic every 4-5 times so basically 7 strange coins per exotic engram. Got a nice mix of weapons and armor, but neither of us ever had a heavy or boot engram drop (possibly they don't even exist). It also gives a decent amount of xp to level up guns/weapons and you will rank up cryptarch as well for additional legendaries. I think you can use your dupes to ascend your legendaries to bump your light level up even more (at least I think you can)

Wish I would have known before buying the helmet engrams. Oh well, I guess grinding those Omnigul weeklies with no burn paid off for something in the end.

If you want your best shot at new exotics I'd grind this today. This isn't loot cave engrams, this is 'guaranteed' exotics for a fraction of the price that xur sells them at. They could patch this at any moment so I would not assume it will last until the reset on Tuesday. Remember it costs strange coins now to buy the engrams from Xur so this is a far more efficient way to use your coins.
Do you mean "The Black Garden" mission at the end of the original storyline? Thats the one where the three statues come to life one after the other. Do you just kill the first one than jump off the edge or do you have to kill all three? When I was trying to farm the "Eye of the Gate Lord" mission last night I was able to do it 3-4 times where I would kill him and jump back to orbit to get the checkpoint but on the 4-5 time it sent me back all the way to the start of the mission so I just started doing strikes to farm for the exotic drops.

I am 0 for 6 so far with the three of coins 4 times doing Eye of a Gate Lord and twice on regular strikes.
I was trying this on Draksis this morning and didn't get jack. At one point, it looked like I got a Suros to drop, but it didn't show up in my inventory or post. Didn't see an engram on the ground either. stupid glitch.

Bah. I got like 15 engrams and ended up with 3-4 of the same few helmets. I got Stag, but at least 4 of them. I got 3 Obsidian Mind and a few of the feathered one. Then I got multiple Mask of the Third Man and Knucklehead Radar. For the Titan I did get the new one but also multiple Helm of Inmost Light (and no new broom helm which I'd like to get). So, yeah, so much for the improved RNG. This was pretty much like buying engrams in the past.

I wish the Raid didn't start at 10am and that House of Wolves hadn't broken up my Raid crew. Only one guy could run it today and he got invited to another group. So I'm basically without a Raid crew at this point. If anyone here wants to start it up a CAG run this evening I'm all for that. I might try to run it with some other people after like 9pm Pacific.

If you are looking to level up to be Raid-ready, the clear way to do that is Court of Oryx. Me and a friend stumbled on that a few nights ago and if you get 4-7 people there you can cruise through the first two levels of it and even if you aren't the one doing the summoning (with runes) you will get tons of engram drops like with ye olde loot cave... Two nights ago I went from 230-ish to 274 in just a few hours of that. Then last night I got up to 284. We had a guy who used the third-level rune (Antiquated) and we got destroyed the first time. It recommends level 300 for that. But we had 7 people there and the second time we got it done (luckily the rune was not consumed when we failed). For that, you get a 300-level artifact from Eris (assuming you have the rune quest)!
I'm only 233 now, but I'm antsy to get into a steady raid crew. I'm going to work this weekend to get raid worthy, but once I do, count me in. It'll be cool to run with the CAG crew on a regular basis.

Man I am super jealous of everyone's exotic gains. I played so much last night and got nothing I really wanted the whole time. With all my coins I ended up finding two helmet engrams, two arm engrams, two primary engrams and a special. The one thing I was hoping for the whole time? Heavy Engram. Plus I do not want any armor engrams really and if I did I wanted a Chest haha of course.

I used the one helmet engram on my Hunter and it turned into the new one I really wanted so I will say that is my one positive. I can't recall the name but it is the purple smoke face one that gives Shadow Step for the new class... which is the best thing ever (more on that later). Then the Primaries turned into Last Word and Monte Carlo. Those were literally the two I absolutely did not want. I used Last Word all the time in PvP when the game first came out but really have no care to anymore especially with the handcannon nerf. Then Monte Carlo is neat but I already had it from the first exotic you get as a year one player. Yes that version was weaker but really I didn't get any new primary, just ones I already could have bought with marks.

Then I used my special and got a fusion rifle... which is my least favorite gun type in the whole game. I will say though this one is really good for team play, but other than that it is just alright. Again I do not recall the name, something like Telesto I think? It feels a lot like the Needler from Halo where it shoots and does very little impact damage and then after a short delay the shots explode. Does surprisingly well on Minotaurs I found and actually hurts Cabal Phalanxes even if you shoot them in their huge shield. The bread and butter though like I said is team play, it makes orbs of light when you get a double kill with it which is super easy to do on average to weak enemies since it has the delayed explosions. I would jump into small groups and make anywhere from 2-4 orbs for the team at a go which is pretty damn awesome and my team had full supers a bunch of the time then. 

I saved my one Helmet engram and my two other gauntlet ones since I have no use for them right now and I am not sure what I would be hoping for. I will likely give them to my Titan but I am not sure.

Speaking of other classes then like I said holy hell I LOVE the new Hunter subclass. I have been playing as a Warlock but I jumped to my Hunter to do the beginning missions for a couple extra strange coins and DAMN that playstyle is perfectly suited to how I play. I love the fact that all the abilities are about controlling the opponents path and stuff. Plus with that new helmet I can have Shadow Step (arguably my favorite new thing from this DLC) as well as the first perk in the tree that gives me really fast sprint and crouch movement as well as increased radar where it pinpoints directions when you get close to very small pieces of the 'pie' of the radar instead of general directions AND points out any chests and material on the map too.

Also the Dead Orbit Hung Jury Scout Rifle is amazing. The roll the Vendor has himself is near perfect and it just wrecks; firefly is always great for crowd control but then with triple tap and it's near perfect stability I can lock in on bosses and I feel like I shoot forever. It of course is not forever but without the extra mag (which I do not have so I can have near perfect stability) you have 16 bullets so with 1 bullet being put back in the cartridge for every three precision shots that means you actually get 21 bullets before you need to reload. If you are doing it against non-bosses or even humanoid bosses that move around, popping a couple headshots actually stuns them briefly so it makes it even easier to stun-lock like before with Black Hammer. Overall I am very happy with it and glad I used my first batch of Legendary Marks on it.

This is getting to be a huge post I doubt you all will read this whole thing BUT anyway hahah I ended then with a 285 Warlock. I will likely run Sunsinger for the Raid plus I have Light Beyond Nemesis to revive faster and be revived faster PLUS that Fusion Rifle to creates orbs all over for the team. I am nothing super flashy then but I do like that my character is currently built very well for team play.

Alot of this thread is making little sense, but that's alot better than making no sense 3 days ago before I started! Leveled up my Hunter to 24, about to be 25. Did missions. Earth patrols, and some pvp. Going to drink potion on my titan next.

Ended up farming a bit last night and this morning:

Helms:  Broom helm for Titan finally!  Still don't have Bellicose for Titan or The Verse (unless Verse is a quest or raid drop).

Arms: Nothing new :cry:  got updated Ahamkara & Don't Touch Me

Chest:  Lupi for both Hunter & Titan. REALLY REALLY want Archemist's Rainment though.

Guns:

Primary:  Last Word, HawkBAE

Ended up farming a bit last night and this morning:
I really wish I had at least played a bit here and there the past months to stock up on Strange Coins so I could farm like that!

While I am extremely jealous of all the guns you got, I have not seen a single person online report getting a Heavy Weapon Exotic Engram. Has anyone seen one drop? I wonder if they are holding the heavy weapon back for some reason?

I really wish I had at least played a bit here and there the past months to stock up on Strange Coins so I could farm like that!

While I am extremely jealous of all the guns you got, I have not seen a single person online report getting a Heavy Weapon Exotic Engram. Has anyone seen one drop? I wonder if they are holding the heavy weapon back for some reason?
It would make sense for there not to be one considering that 3 are from quests (for each different sword), Sleeper Stimulant is also quest based, so therefore it is only Thunderlord & Truth.

I'm more curious if anyone has gotten a boot Engram. I would rather there be one to get Bones of Eao at this point rather than using my marks for it. Plus all the new boots kinda look cool. :)

But yeah I haven't gotten either of those engrams at all.

I'm really glad that I kept up with weeklies and stuff for the past year. I do regret being up at reset and going nuts on the stupid helmet engram though :bomb: Wasted so many Strange Coins that would have been better off buying Three of Coin with. I still have around 400 so I will probably farm a bit more to try and get a few more new armors and hopefully get a damn Monte Carlo.

I recorded a video from last night where I got 3 engrams in consecutive drops! :D

It would make sense for there not to be one considering that 3 are from quests (for each different sword), Sleeper Stimulant is also quest based, so therefore it is only Thunderlord & Truth.

I'm more curious if anyone has gotten a boot Engram. I would rather there be one to get Bones of Eao at this point rather than using my marks for it. Plus all the new boots kinda look cool. :)

But yeah I haven't gotten either of those engrams at all.

I'm really glad that I kept up with weeklies and stuff for the past year. I do regret being up at reset and going nuts on the stupid helmet engram though :bomb: Wasted so many Strange Coins that would have been better off buying Three of Coin with. I still have around 400 so I will probably farm a bit more to try and get a few more new armors and hopefully get a damn Monte Carlo.

I recorded a video from last night where I got 3 engrams in consecutive drops! :D
Damn, yeah I stayed up at reset and bought a bunch of helmet engrams too; wish I hadn't.

And DAMN! I got one exotic every 7 three of coins consistently.

If you mean year 2 exotic boots for the hunter, then I don't think they exist. The exotic vault doesn't even have a category for hunter exotic boots (year 2).

I haven't seen any exotic boot engrams yet, but that might be because I've only tried while on my hunter.

I'm close to hurting on strange coins though. Burned thru sooo many these last 2 nights that my stash is down to 200. Keep farming 3-of-coins on a different toon and I'll probably get down to 100. Really wish I had a way to exchange my motes for coins.

If you mean year 2 exotic boots for the hunter, then I don't think they exist. The exotic vault doesn't even have a category for hunter exotic boots (year 2).

I haven't seen any exotic boot engrams yet, but that might be because I've only tried while on my hunter.

I'm close to hurting on strange coins though. Burned thru sooo many these last 2 nights that my stash is down to 200. Keep farming 3-of-coins on a different toon and I'll probably get down to 100. Really wish I had a way to exchange my motes for coins.

I didn't go hog wild with buying coins, but I farmed exotics for a bit. Got Monte Carlo, TLW, Fourth Horseman, Ruin Wings, Crest of Alpha Lupi, and Celestial Nighthawk. Also got a couple legendaries in the process, so it wasn't a bad way to turn off my brain and chill out for an hour.

I think I've had enough of the farming though. Love my loot, but it doesn't feel very fun.

Oh, that 4th HM just destroys anything that gets in arm's reach. Wow.

Man I am super jealous of everyone's exotic gains. I played so much last night and got nothing I really wanted the whole time. With all my coins I ended up finding two helmet engrams, two arm engrams, two primary engrams and a special. The one thing I was hoping for the whole time? Heavy Engram. Plus I do not want any armor engrams really and if I did I wanted a Chest haha of course.

I used the one helmet engram on my Hunter and it turned into the new one I really wanted so I will say that is my one positive. I can't recall the name but it is the purple smoke face one that gives Shadow Step for the new class... which is the best thing ever (more on that later).
RNG is a fickle thing. I've gotten at least 30 engrams from the farming. After getting the new weapons I really wanted the other 2 new helmets. But I cannot for the life of me get that purple Hunter one (or the other Titan one - but that may not be available yet). After buying 12-15 helmet engrams from Xur and finding several more through the coin thing, I still can't get that purple Hunter one. I've gotten at least 4 of the stone-looking Hunter one though. And 4 of the fishbowl Titan one. Sorry don't remember the names ;).

For weapons I've gotten at least 4 Suros, 3 Monte Carlo, 2 4th Horseman, and one each of: Telesto, the sniper, the arc auto rifle (this is what Necrochasm should have been), Hawkmoon, Last Word, and Invective. Based on what I've seen from other people there are no more new weapons to get via these engrams. For whatever reason heavy weapon engrams do not seem to be dropping. Between Drunkz and I (and a few other people I farmed with) we would have seen one. Besides those (Truth and Thunderlord) the only Year 1 upgrades I didn't get were Bad Juju and Red Death. I'd like Red Death since I started using that in Crucible.

For armor I also never saw a boot engram - but it looks like there aren't any (or very few?) boots. Two of the classes (Hunter and Warlock I think?) have 2 slots for class items in the kiosk for some reason but none for boots.

Chest engrams will invariably turn into Crest of Alpha Lupi for both the Titan and Hunter since those are the only two exotic chest armors for those classes! The Warlock has 4 and luckily I did get the new one fairly early on. The only one I haven't gotten now is Voidfang Vestments.

I'll probably do one or two more runs. I still have nearly 300 strange coins. And I didn't even run the Weekly Heroic for the last 2 months before the DLC came out. Imagine if I had done that - I definitely would have if I had known they would get rid of coins for the Heroic Weekly rewards. I did get 5 coins when my Cryptarch leveled up though.

For my runs I use Black Garden (yes, kill the first one then jump off). It has the best turnaround time. If you have 2-3 people doing it, it is even faster. And everyone can get drops, not just the person who kills the boss (as some people apparently think). Me and Drunkz got them on the same run a few times. I am averaging an exotic every 5 tries. I usually buy a stack of 20 (4 purchases) and run those and nearly every time I get 4 (though I've also gotten 3 and 5).

At this point, I'm just looking for Bad Juju and Red Death upgrades and just a few particular armor pieces. So I will hand certain engrams off to the different characters: chest armor to Warlock (for Voidfang), gloves to Hunter (for Don't Touch me and I think a new one I haven't seen yet), and helm to Hunter for that second new Hunter helm that continues to elude me. Maybe I'll try running it with my Hunter even though I haven't even started the DLC with her yet - don't know if it matters but it is worth a shot, and I can level up while doing it.

Also, early on I kept dismantling the duplicate exotics but then Drunkz reminded me of the infusion. It does indeed work - you can infuse a 290 exotic into a legendary (or another exotic if you buy a 280 version). I am 290 on my Warlock but had pretty bad gloves. I used one of my duplicate Claws of Akamhara to upgrade a legendary. I certainly don't need the exotic shards so using them for infusion is better than breaking them down (though they are starting to swamp my inventory).

So, yeah, screw the Raid for this weekend - I want to keep doing this while it lasts ;). I did run 3 Heroic Weeklies last night and got some good gear too. I got a 300 legendary hand cannon, a blue 298 sniper and a blue 298 chest piece. So odd that blues are better than the exotics (of course I can infuse them but they won't quite make it to 298 so I'll wait till I get more).

Just did Draksis like 13 times and only got 2 yellow special weapon engram which both turned into the 4th Horseman. I've never really had any luck with the Destiny RNG.

So you can only infuse a 290 exotic in to a 280 or above legendary?

Looking in to it there really are not many exotics for us to get from RNG drops anyway. I mean I would love a Red Death or a Hawkmoon yeah and most definitely that Sniper but there is very few armor at the time being for most and the guns are largely based on quests now.

Yes I am trying to make myself feel better but really they have done a good job it seems at giving us different venues to get useful guns. And dang io I am still jealous of all those guns that you got and armors but I suppose I should count myself lucky for getting that Hunter helmet on my first (and thus only since it was all I wanted) exotic engram on my Hunter. 

I think I may try to raid either late tonight or tomorrow. Still not sure what space we will have open but if you see me on and are at least 288 you can send me a message and I may have room.

Just did Draksis like 13 times and only got 2 yellow special weapon engram which both turned into the 4th Horseman. I've never really had any luck with the Destiny RNG.

So you can only infuse a 290 exotic in to a 280 or above legendary?
2 out of 13 is pretty normal. I've gone 8 or 9 on a few (but have also gotten some on the 2nd - never the 1st though).

You can infuse anything (even a blue) into either a legendary or exotic. The thing you are using needs to be higher level and I've heard you get 80% of the higher level item. So infusing a 290 exotic into a 280 legendary should give you a 288 legendary. But I'm hoping to get more of those 298 blues and use those instead since the result will be more like 295.

2 out of 13 is pretty normal. I've gone 8 or 9 on a few (but have also gotten some on the 2nd - never the 1st though).

You can infuse anything (even a blue) into either a legendary or exotic. The thing you are using needs to be higher level and I've heard you get 80% of the higher level item. So infusing a 290 exotic into a 280 legendary should give you a 288 legendary. But I'm hoping to get more of those 298 blues and use those instead since the result will be more like 295.
Thanks as always for the info.

Do you guys want to set something up for later next week? That gives us slower players time to get closer to 280+ and maybe some of the more active players will have the raid down a little bit better. I am up for anything Nightfall, Court of Oryx, or even the strike playlist.

I will be free Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings anytime after 10:30 EST.

I can't believe people are still playing this game
I can't blame anyone who quit during the "Forever 29" days before any of the expansions came out. I'd even agree that TDB and HoW expansions didn't have enough content to convince people to come back either. But I think with TTK they have changed the game to a point where everyone who played before should give it another go.

Pushed up to LL282 last night thanks to hoarding some engrams and running a bunch of strikes back to back. Also pulled a Suros 2.0 from io's exotic engram farm at The Garden. So nice to have a 290 primary to roll with.

Wouldn't mind trying out the Nightfall at some point today. How does it work now, can do get 3 clears per week on an account or does it have to be run on all 3 characters still? For anyone who has run it what type of rewards are on the loot table? Is the max drop a 280 legendary or a 290 exotic?

Might try out the raid too if we could get some people together. Has anyone run it yet? Is it possible to do parts of it and at least get some loot drops if you aren't 290+?

Wouldn't mind trying out the Nightfall at some point today. How does it work now, can do get 3 clears per week on an account or does it have to be run on all 3 characters still? For anyone who has run it what type of rewards are on the loot table? Is the max drop a 280 legendary or a 290 exotic?
It is one per character just like before. Also if you hadnt noticed the first run of the Heroic each week per character gives a guaranteed legendary engram. In terms of the loot it is just as you would expect with pretty much everything on the table. I only did it once so far but the one guy got a 283 legendary shotgun, another got a 290 Suros and then I got 5 motes of light and 5 Three of Coins because the game likes to mock me haha.

Speaking of mocking I used 12 more Three of Coins last night and got one Exotic drop... and it was ANOTHER freaking helmet. Getting really annoyed at all the random exotic armors I keep getting and yet have very few guns. I am saving them for my Titan but after seeing that post about how they could turn to 310 once you are 300 I may save a couple of my helmet ones and use them on my Warlock once I get her to 300.

I got my Legendary marks back up after buying that Scout and so now I turned to a heavy weapon and ended up getting Future War Cult's Rocket. It is different in that it has two secondary perks and one primary instead of two primary perks and a secondary. EIther way it has high Blast Radius and Velocity with Horseshoes and a quick reload so now I have an decent heavy finally too. I am all set for the Raid with my Warlock like I said the other day and so now I have just been playing more with my Hunter, hopefully get the Nightfall done with her today since she is like 265 or so.

OH! And to just add to all of my super long posts I actually got a really good roll from leveling up my Vanguard on the Handcannon. It has Luck in the Chamber and Firefly! Didn't try it out yet since I got it right before I was getting off but it seemed decent though I am not sure why I would stop using what is arguably my new favorite gun in the game, Hung Jury.

I can't blame anyone who quit during the "Forever 29" days before any of the expansions came out. I'd even agree that TDB and HoW expansions didn't have enough content to convince people to come back either. But I think with TTK they have changed the game to a point where everyone who played before should give it another go.

Might try out the raid too if we could get some people together. Has anyone run it yet? Is it possible to do parts of it and at least get some loot drops if you aren't 290+?
Heh - while I agree with you about TTK being overall an improvement, I think it is funny they picked 300 as the new "max" light level (even though it appears you can go a little higher). I have a feeling that "forever 29" will now be "forever 290". Once you hit 290 there is definitely a wall just like there was at 29 in the original release. After going up to the 280's pretty quickly from Court of Oryx, in several more hours I've just made a slight movement up to 294.

I did run the Nightfall last night with just 2 people. We had a 3rd but he fell asleep at the beginning (it was 4am). I didn't realize how much they changed things up. Nightfalls are now more like Normal mode Raids - you have checkpoints and revive timers. But the checkpoints make it way less stressful. We had little trouble through most of it but almost had to stop at the boss as we wiped several times there. I have a feeling it would be easy with 3 people. But with 2 if one person wipes it just gets too hard to deal with the cursed thralls along with the boss chopping you. We'd get him down to 1/4 nearly every time but when he starts charging it gets tricky. We tried doing the cheese (jumping up onto the crystals) but couldn't get up there in many tries. Finally, though, on our "one last run" I managed to get up there and then it was easy to take him out (I recorded a video).

You get a choice of a 300 shotgun or fusion rifle for completing it (from the Quest - so make sure you have that first). So far I've gotten 2 guaranteed 300's. The first was an artifact for beating an Antiquated rune summons. I also got a 300 scout rifle from a Heroic strike drop. So that just leaves me like 6 more slots to get 300's for ;).

I still want to run the Nightfall on my Titan so I may be looking to do that tonight (but I need to do the 5 Heroics first).

By the way I am loving the Zhalo Supercell. It is my favorite weapon now. Like I said before it is what the Necrochasm should have been. I was doing pretty good with it in PvP too.

OH! And to just add to all of my super long posts I actually got a really good roll from leveling up my Vanguard on the Handcannon. It has Luck in the Chamber and Firefly! Didn't try it out yet since I got it right before I was getting off but it seemed decent though I am not sure why I would stop using what is arguably my new favorite gun in the game, Hung Jury.
Oh, damn, that is nice. They put firefly on to hand cannons? So now we can get a Fatebringer junior (only junior because of no burn). I'll be keeping an eye out for that.

When I completed the Nightfall I only got 22 legendary marks. Apparently I hit the 200 cap - d'oh! I was too tired to figure out what to do with them - will need to sort that out tonight. Maybe I'll just buy the FWC 280 mark for my Titan so I can do the FWC quest a little easier (rather than having to wear my old 140 level one). I did the same (for Dead Orbit) on my Warlock and that seemed to work out well even though once that quest is done I assume I won't need to use the faction class item any more.

Heh - while I agree with you about TTK being overall an improvement, I think it is funny they picked 300 as the new "max" light level (even though it appears you can go a little higher). I have a feeling that "forever 29" will now be "forever 290". Once you hit 290 there is definitely a wall just like there was at 29 in the original release. After going up to the 280's pretty quickly from Court of Oryx, in several more hours I've just made a slight movement up to 294.

I did run the Nightfall last night with just 2 people. We had a 3rd but he fell asleep at the beginning (it was 4am). I didn't realize how much they changed things up. Nightfalls are now more like Normal mode Raids - you have checkpoints and revive timers. But the checkpoints make it way less stressful. We had little trouble through most of it but almost had to stop at the boss as we wiped several times there. I have a feeling it would be easy with 3 people. But with 2 if one person wipes it just gets too hard to deal with the cursed thralls along with the boss chopping you. We'd get him down to 1/4 nearly every time but when he starts charging it gets tricky. We tried doing the cheese (jumping up onto the crystals) but couldn't get up there in many tries. Finally, though, on our "one last run" I managed to get up there and then it was easy to take him out (I recorded a video).

You get a choice of a 300 shotgun or fusion rifle for completing it (from the Quest - so make sure you have that first). So far I've gotten 2 guaranteed 300's. The first was an artifact for beating an Antiquated rune summons. I also got a 300 scout rifle from a Heroic strike drop. So that just leaves me like 6 more slots to get 300's for ;).

I still want to run the Nightfall on my Titan so I may be looking to do that tonight (but I need to do the 5 Heroics first).

By the way I am loving the Zhalo Supercell. It is my favorite weapon now. Like I said before it is what the Necrochasm should have been. I was doing pretty good with it in PvP too.

Oh, damn, that is nice. They put firefly on to hand cannons? So now we can get a Fatebringer junior (only junior because of no burn). I'll be keeping an eye out for that.

When I completed the Nightfall I only got 22 legendary marks. Apparently I hit the 200 cap - d'oh! I was too tired to figure out what to do with them - will need to sort that out tonight. Maybe I'll just buy the FWC 280 mark for my Titan so I can do the FWC quest a little easier (rather than having to wear my old 140 level one). I did the same (for Dead Orbit) on my Warlock and that seemed to work out well even though once that quest is done I assume I won't need to use the faction class item any more.
I went from 260 to 294 in a day just through the strike playlist so at least I feel like it's several times better than the launch grind (since the playlists gave jack back then)

Thanks for the info on the Nightfall.  That kind of sucks that they don't at least drop a guaranteed high light weapon or armor, but I guess you were never guaranteed to get anything good from a nightfall even when it was a true 'nightfall'.  

I saw a video of the planetdestiny guys beating Oryx and the raid weapons appeared to be random rolls, with some of them over 300.  

I'm not too worried about it being 'forever 290' this time.  There are a ton of things to do in the quests and with infusion you should be able to push to 300 through engrams if you keep playing. 

I went from 260 to 294 in a day just through the strike playlist so at least I feel like it's several times better than the launch grind (since the playlists gave jack back then)
Yeah, but my point is that at 290 the returns are greatly diminished. I did 6 Heroic strikes last night and got absolutely nothing - all 260-270 light gear. So in that sense it is just like the 29 of old. Actually, you only needed to be 26-27 to do the Vault of Glass while you need to be 290+ for the new Raid. So in some sense it is harder now.

Though for sure the path to "relatively high" levels (280-ish vs. the old 28, to qualify for the Nightfall for example) is faster than it was in the original game. I didn't do a Nightfall for well over a month in the original release. But the end-game grind will be similar I think. I don't really have a problem with it. I mean, if we all hit 300+ in the first week there wouldn't be much left to do. It's just that a lot of people will be stuck for a while just under 300 as they were just under 30... I actually kind of like that there are so many more gear slots to try to max out and different ways of getting that 300 for each one (specific quests, random drops, Raid) vs. it all being just via the Raid as it was for VoG.

And yeah, Glock, I don't think I got anything from the Nightfall except the guaranteed weapon (from the Quest so that isn't really a NF reward). I have a video showing what I got - I guess I could look at that and see. I think I got a Calcified fragment of all things, then the 22 marks. I picked up a few blue engrams that turned into nothing special.

I really want to run my Titan through it but I don't think I'll be ready for that tonight (as I still have to do the 5 Heroic strikes to get the NF quest). If you and someone else (Simo maybe?) want to plan to run it Monday evening I can try to get ready for it tonight with the Heroics and gear swapping from my Warlock. You guys pick a time when you can do it and I'll be on then - has to be after 7pm Pacific though.

Just looked at the video. My NF rewards: a 270-ish Ghost shell on the ground (only thing that popped from the boss), 85 Dead Orbit rep, 170 Vanguard rep, 10 Crota's Bane rep, a Calcified Fragment, and 22 marks (instead of 25 since I hit the cap). My video ended before the end of mission timer but I think on the exit screen I got a strange coin. Just 1.

Yeah, but my point is that at 290 the returns are greatly diminished. I did 6 Heroic strikes last night and got absolutely nothing - all 260-270 light gear. So in that sense it is just like the 29 of old. Actually, you only needed to be 26-27 to do the Vault of Glass while you need to be 290+ for the new Raid. So in some sense it is harder now.

Though for sure the path to "relatively high" levels (280-ish vs. the old 28, to qualify for the Nightfall for example) is faster than it was in the original game. I didn't do a Nightfall for well over a month in the original release. But it the end-game grind will be similar I think. I don't really have a problem with it. I mean, if we all hit 300+ in the first week there would be much left to do. It's just that a lot of people will be stuck for a while just under 300 as they were just under 30... I actually kind of like that there are so many more gear slots to try to max out and different ways of getting that 300 for each one (specific quests, random drops, presumably the Raid) vs. it all being in just the Raid as it was for VoG.

bread's done
Back