Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Once you do quit it is hard to get back into. I haven't even hit lvl 33. The lack of matchmaking becomes more apparent when you have an inconsistent schedule. The grind to go up those levels just doesn't seem fun, especially if you have to do it with randoms. So many mechanics are great in this game, but the repetitiveness just kills it for me.

Renegade Moose said:
Once you do quit it is hard to get back into. I haven't even hit lvl 33. The lack of matchmaking becomes more apparent when you have an inconsistent schedule. The grind to go up those levels just doesn't seem fun, especially if you have to do it with randoms. So many mechanics are great in this game, but the repetitiveness just kills it for me.
If you want to run the level 32 PoE this evening I'm up for that. As long as you are 32 you should be good there. That will get you an armor core to get you a bit higher.

Yeah, I've been worried that if I even just take a short break, I'll lose all interest. I did that with Dragon Age and have yet to go back and finish the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="io" post="12735357" timestamp="1433894929"]If you want to run the level 32 PoE this evening I'm up for that. As long as you are 32 you should be good there. That will get you an armor core to get you a bit higher.

But I'm also afraid of that - that is, if I even just take a break, I'll lose all interest. I did that with Dragon Age and have yet to go back and finish the story.[/quote]
I would take you up on the offer but unfortunately I'm not home. I have two nights I'm home this week and it is looking like I won't have much Xbox time.

I thought this was pretty funny.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y8lL3pWs_o[/youtube]

I have the stock Rocket Launcher from Dead Orbit that comes with Tripod and Grenades and Horseshoes and it is pretty good in PvP. But it is lacking a bit in blast radius so I thought maybe one of these would be better. And I'd love to get Clown Cartridge to see how that works out.
My buddy has been running with Clown Cartridge and it definitely seems like Tripod is preferred.

About those rockets, right now Radegast with Tripod and Grenades and Horseshoes is arguably the best legendary rocket you can have for PvP. Blast Radius and Velocity are the top attributes you want when using them in PvP.

My buddy has been running with Clown Cartridge and it definitely seems like Tripod is preferred.

About those rockets, right now Radegast with Tripod and Grenades and Horseshoes is arguably the best legendary rocket you can have for PvP. Blast Radius and Velocity are the top attributes you want when using them in PvP.
Yeah, I'll try to re-roll it for that. I know two people who managed to roll hand cannons with Final Round and Clown Cartridge today (Vendetta is one of them) despite the super-low odds. I just tried to re-roll my Fulcrum for that and in 12+ tries I never got either of those perks until the last try. I ended up with Final Round, Spray & Play, and Smallbore. I think I might give that a shot and see how fast the reload is. I am a habitual reloader, though, so it will be tough to train myself to empty it each time.

I ended up getting a lot of PoE done tonight. I started right off at Skolas. twztid13 was with a guy from LFG and invited me in - so thanks for that twztid13! We Gjallarhorned him after 5 or 6 tries. It seems the Black Hammer + Ghorn method is better though (more on that later). I ended up getting the Wolves Leash scout rifle with solar burn and dreg burn. Meh - would have preferred a different element (since I have Vision) and a better perk, but I'll take it. But of course the game giveth, and the game taketh away. The Judgment's Chance from that 35 turned into... yeah, another Wolves' Leash (without a burn of course). So at this point I'm like 7 for 9 getting weapons instead of armor. But I have lots more chances this week... I did pull the new Hunter exotic gauntlets (with the beetle) from the Level 35 chest, so that was a nice surprise.

So then I sort of went backwards: twztid13, Glock, and I did the 34. It is actually pretty easy this week. The boss mechanic can catch you off guard at first but is pretty easy to deal with compared to some of the others. Then I did the 32, which I actually found more challenging than the 34 this week - go figure. Not that it was super hard or anything.

Then I did another 34, and finally a 35. One of the guys we were doing the 35 with was starting to get sleepy. Amazingly he made it through the super-boring and long Round 5 Servitor battle (though he would go AFK every now and then) but then promptly fell asleep (we guess since he no longer was moving or responding) at Skolas. Seriously!? Luckily Vendetta was around to step in and we used the Black Hammer + Ghorn strat to down him after just a few tries. Black Hammer keeps him staggered and not shooting you as much (since with the Solar burn that is pretty much a one-shot death). I didn't get anything from that but at least the Judgment's Chance turned into a Str/Disc helmet with Cabal perks for my Hunter. I could use chest pieces or boots since I didn't get any of Variks' wares for those - but I'll take it over a crappy duplicate weapon.

I ought to have 2 or 3 more Judgment's Chances this week (from two 32's for sure, and maybe a 3rd 35).

If anyone is on later tomorrow night (like after 9pm Pacific) I'd like to knock those 32's out at least. I still have another 34 to run too.

Yeah, I'll try to re-roll it for that. I know two people who managed to roll hand cannons with Final Round and Clown Cartridge today (Vendetta is one of them) despite the super-low odds. I just tried to re-roll my Fulcrum for that and in 12+ tries I never got either of those perks until the last try. I ended up with Final Round, Spray & Play, and Smallbore. I think I might give that a shot and see how fast the reload is. I am a habitual reloader, though, so it will be tough to train myself to empty it each time.

I ended up getting a lot of PoE done tonight. I started right off at Skolas. twztid13 was with a guy from LFG and invited me in - so thanks for that twztid13! We Gjallarhorned him after 5 or 6 tries. It seems the Black Hammer + Ghorn method is better though (more on that later). I ended up getting the Wolves Leash scout rifle with solar burn and dreg burn. Meh - would have preferred a different element (since I have Vision) and a better perk, but I'll take it. But of course the game giveth, and the game taketh away. The Judgment's Chance from that 35 turned into... yeah, another Wolves' Leash (without a burn of course). So at this point I'm like 7 for 9 getting weapons instead of armor. But I have lots more chances this week... I did pull the new Hunter exotic gauntlets (with the beetle) from the Level 35 chest, so that was a nice surprise.

So then I sort of went backwards: twztid13, Glock, and I did the 34. It is actually pretty easy this week. The boss mechanic can catch you off guard at first but is pretty easy to deal with compared to some of the others. Then I did the 32, which I actually found more challenging than the 34 this week - go figure. Not that it was super hard or anything.

Then I did another 34, and finally a 35. One of the guys we were doing the 35 with was starting to get sleepy. Amazingly he made it through the super-boring and long Round 5 Servitor battle (though he would go AFK every now and then) but then promptly fell asleep (we guess since he no longer was moving or responding) at Skolas. Seriously!? Luckily Vendetta was around to step in and we used the Black Hammer + Ghorn strat to down him after just a few tries. Black Hammer keeps him staggered and not shooting you as much (since with the Solar burn that is pretty much a one-shot death). I didn't get anything from that but at least the Judgment's Chance turned into a Str/Disc helmet with Cabal perks for my Hunter. I could use chest pieces or boots since I didn't get any of Variks' wares for those - but I'll take it over a crappy duplicate weapon.

I ought to have 2 or 3 more Judgment's Chances this week (from two 32's for sure, and maybe a 3rd 35).

If anyone is on later tomorrow night (like after 9pm Pacific) I'd like to knock those 32's out at least. I still have another 34 to run too.
I got a dreg's pride II with arc (makes it worthless) for my 2nd skolas kill. My judgement's chance gave me my 3rd Dreg's pride with no burn. Go figure. Opened the chest that time & got my 3rd ship, but no shader (and made sure & had emblem, shader & ship on oher chars).

I have both of those hand cannons, too, but I won't start rolling them unless I have 60 motes to devote to a single roll. I don't wanna waste an etheric light on a weapon unless it has the exact perks I want. I hate that I wasted so many getting full auto, firefly & explosive rounds on 3 different scout rifles day one of DLC (after no etheric light on NF). Didn't realize I'd get to upgrade all the weapons with burn so quickly, andthose come in much more handy (since I like PvE builds, and usually care less about PvP. I have exotic primaries & felwinters' w/ shot pkg/hammer forged/final round or replenish for that).

Ran 2 NFs and one 32 PoE with Chubby and Drunkz last night. I now have two characters at 34, so I'd like to run that and my third NF on Thursday if anyone wants to join me.

I've rolled a few good scouts with full auto, but none also have explosive rounds. I might set aside some motes to try for that combo one of these nights.

Ran 2 NFs and one 32 PoE with Chubby and Drunkz last night. I now have two characters at 34, so I'd like to run that and my third NF on Thursday if anyone wants to join me.

I've rolled a few good scouts with full auto, but none also have explosive rounds. I might set aside some motes to try for that combo one of these nights.
Full auto on a scout is arguably the worst perk speaking statistically. It is the only perk that you yourself can do; no scout rifles has such a fast rate of fire that you cannot achieve it by pulling the trigger quickly. I COMPLETELY understand the personal preference of wanting Full Auto as it is easier to handle but when looking at the perks I personally then would rather have a perk that helps give me a competitive advantage rather than just not having to pull the trigger as much.

Full auto on a scout is arguably the worst perk speaking statistically. It is the only perk that you yourself can do; no scout rifles has such a fast rate of fire that you cannot achieve it by pulling the trigger quickly. I COMPLETELY understand the personal preference of wanting Full Auto as it is easier to handle but when looking at the perks I personally then would rather have a perk that helps give me a competitive advantage rather than just not having to pull the trigger as much.
I agree completely. Full auto IMO on Vision of Confluence feels like a wasted perk to me. I never use full auto anyways and I think that wasted perk (again based on my preference) is why I prefer Fang over Vision.

I managed to get Luck & Final round on my Ill Will last night. I wish I had not gotten Rifled Barrel and would have gotten either Braced Frame or Smallbore but I'm not complaining too much. I will try for those three on my Fulcrum since that seems like it will better suit my play style.

I agree completely. Full auto IMO on Vision of Confluence feels like a wasted perk to me. I never use full auto anyways and I think that wasted perk (again based on my preference) is why I prefer Fang over Vision.

I managed to get Luck & Final round on my Ill Will last night. I wish I had not gotten Rifled Barrel and would have gotten either Braced Frame or Smallbore but I'm not complaining too much. I will try for those three on my Fulcrum since that seems like it will better suit my play style.

Eh, we can agree to disagree. :)
If the stability is high I like the full auto option because it's easier to continuously stagger enemies (at least for people like me who have slower reaction times). Now, if I want to do some mid ranged sniping, I'll use my NITC with firefly. Depends on how I want to play.

Just read that Halo 5 will not include any local co-op and presumably then multiplayer in general.

Local multiplayer has been a staple of the Halo franchise and removing it completely like this is a big FU to fans. Clearly they already screwed the pooch with MCC and have been playing catch up with that but now to drop this kind of shit on us? 

And the fact that he had to "apologize" about misspeaking about the need for Gold Membership... I have been still trying to be hopeful but as of right now 343 has pretty much proven that the one thing they can consistently do well is apologize.

Yup, no couch co-op for Halo 5.

But not gonna lie... I'm pumped to see Blue team in the game :bouncy: . 

I'll be happy as long as the main campaign is good (especially after H4).  MP would be gravy.

After switching from VoC to Fang I have become used to not having the full auto perk on my scout rifles.  In fact, now even when I use my 365 VoC I find myself pulling the trigger with each shot instead of taking advantage of the perk, lol.

Had a good time running NFs and PoE with some of the crew last night.  I still have to run PoE this week as I'm working on my exotic bounties so if anyone is looking to run something let me know. 

The 34 this week is really easy.  I think it is the easiest of them all so far.  The boss was a joke. 

I guess I'll be ascending a Black Hammer next to try out against Skolas.

Simo and Chubby ran NF back to back last night and I pulled the same Scout both runs:  One/One Synthesis.  So simo got a legendary engram and sure enough it turned into the same gun.  So on 3 out of 6 drops the same weapon drops.  That is some hard core trolling there.  If Chubby didn't get a Etheric Light then I might have had to check to see if we were on Punk'd.

So do I need to reserve an extra 150 gb of HD space for Halo 5 and the subsequent patches to get the game stable?

Anyone check out the info on the Destiny Expansion coming out this fall?  I told io that he should ask CheapyD to pay his way to E3 to do some investigative reporting for the rest of us.

I never got a VoC untl I had over 800 hours in the game. I never used to like full auto, but I promise you you can't consistently pull the trigger as fast as a dead shot luna can fire with full auto (b-line trauma fire rate). It's absolutely awesome to take full advantage of that fire rate with full auto. You know what they say about opinions, though (which is why you can leave full auto off your huns if you don't like it). I like PvE builds, and that is an awesome perk for PvE, IMHO, even though it's not necessary (but what perk is?).

After switching from VoC to Fang I have become used to not having the full auto perk on my scout rifles. In fact, now even when I use my 365 VoC I find myself pulling the trigger with each shot instead of taking advantage of the perk, lol.

Had a good time running NFs and PoE with some of the crew last night. I still have to run PoE this week as I'm working on my exotic bounties so if anyone is looking to run something let me know.

The 34 this week is really easy. I think it is the easiest of them all so far. The boss was a joke.

I guess I'll be ascending a Black Hammer next to try out against Skolas.

Simo and Chubby ran NF back to back last night and I pulled the same Scout both runs: One/One Synthesis. So simo got a legendary engram and sure enough it turned into the same gun. So on 3 out of 6 drops the same weapon drops. That is some hard core trolling there. If Chubby didn't get a Etheric Light then I might have had to check to see if we were on Punk'd.

So do I need to reserve an extra 150 gb of HD space for Halo 5 and the subsequent patches to get the game stable?

Anyone check out the info on the Destiny Expansion coming out this fall? I told io that he should ask CheapyD to pay his way to E3 to do some investigative reporting for the rest of us.
About "Take King".... we get one extra subclass? YAY!!! $40 and I guarantee the raid that was supposed to come with HoW will never get released for free. It will have 3 new strikes (8 new for PS4) & 100 new weapons, but no new vault space. They will make a required PvP match daily that you have to win against someone that has ToO perfects before you can access your single player content, and every single new weapon will only be obtainable in "ToO 2: the golden years". Every warlock boot set will have one thigh high boot, and one low cut ankle boot. I wish I could believe that no one at Bungie at considered ANY of this, but I know better :'(.

^ Heh, you sound like me on the Trials stuff there ;). If they continue their trend towards favoring PvP I wouldn't be surprised by stuff like that!

And oh yeah, there's no way we get a free Raid. I don't think they ever intended to mean that we'd get a raid later for HoW. They meant all along that it will be part of the next paid DLC. Their full quote should have been "Yeah, sorry, we didn't have the time to put a Raid into House of Wolves. But don't worry, when you pay $40 for the next DLC we'll probably almost certainly include one in there, so that makes up for it!".

And of course no new Vault space since PS3/360 is holding us back on that apparently. It is not so much the space but the rendering of the menu/icons - more of them would just kill those systems. But perhaps they can do a paging thing (ie, multiple pages of Vault space). That might be a workaround. I don't care if it is slow as crap on the last-gen, just do it!

Anyone check out the info on the Destiny Expansion coming out this fall? I told io that he should ask CheapyD to pay his way to E3 to do some investigative reporting for the rest of us.
Yeah, that ain't happening ;).

My biggest question for the expansion is what will happen to all our newly ascended weapons. I mean if this thing is really coming out in just 3 months is there any point to grinding for etheric light if all these weapons will just become obsolete again so soon? Or can we re-ascend them? Does getting them to 365 help in the next expansion, or can we just go right from 300 to the new max level? Should I be maxing everything I can or storing up etheric light? Or does none of that matter since there will be all new weapons that will outclass the 365 ones?

So, yeah, there are a LOT of questions just about weapon/armor level to heap upon all the others (new planets? Raid, story, etc...).

After switching from VoC to Fang I have become used to not having the full auto perk on my scout rifles. In fact, now even when I use my 365 VoC I find myself pulling the trigger with each shot instead of taking advantage of the perk, lol.
So uh I honestly had no idea VoC fired in full auto mode until like around when Crota came out. :oops: Part of it was excitement of getting the gun, it was my 3rd ever raid gun (I had gotten Praedyth's Revenge on the same run and Epiloge was my first one). Anyways I had always fired my scouts by pulling the trigger for each shot so I just got used to that. I love having the fast reload when you shoot out the clip in the Fang. I like to constantly DPS and always go for headshots so that gun suits me very well in PvE.

^ Heh, you sound like me on the Trials stuff there ;). If they continue their trend towards favoring PvP I wouldn't be surprised by stuff like that!

And oh yeah, there's no way we get a free Raid. I don't think they ever intended to mean that we'd get a raid later for HoW. They meant all along that it will be part of the next paid DLC. Their full quote should have been "Yeah, sorry, we didn't have the time to put a Raid into House of Wolves. But don't worry, when you pay $40 for the next DLC we'll probably almost certainly include one in there, so that makes up for it!".

And of course no new Vault space since PS3/360 is holding us back on that apparently. It is not so much the space but the rendering of the menu/icons - more of them would just kill those systems. But perhaps they can do a paging thing (ie, multiple pages of Vault space). That might be a workaround. I don't care if it is slow as crap on the last-gen, just do it!

Yeah, that ain't happening ;).
Yeah they never straight up said we would get a raid in HoW. I don't get why so many people are so salty about it. (Also I'm not implying you are ;) , it is more of a general statement). Everyone just assumed we would between the data mining, the "leak" and just assumption since the last two endgame activities were both raids. I thought I would be on board with PoE but it is kind of getting boring. I really wish that the conditions were random on 32, 34, 35 like it is in the 28. That would make things more interesting. I hate the rewards you get though. Judgement Chances are complete shit since the primary weapons don't have a burn type.... And it has just become a Gally fest on Skolas for the most part.

Also anyone have Gorgon CP? I have a few friends who need it. If not, I think we will be running VoG for some people to get Fatebringers so I will have it that way if nobody has it.

Also anyone have Gorgon CP? I have a few friends who need it. If not, I think we will be running VoG for some people to get Fatebringers so I will have it that way if nobody has it.
Any chance you would be running tonight? If so I would love an invite if possible, I should be on no later than 11:00pm est.

If any CAGs want to run 32 or 34 PoE's tonight let me know. I can hop on at any time. Send me a message via Xbox Live.

How about tonight?
Did a bunch last night. All I have left now is a 35. I got screwed on the Judgment's Chances yet again this week. I got 5 of them an ended up with 4 weapons. The only armor I got was a Str/Int Cabal perk helm for my Hunter.

I am in desperate need of Intellect pieces for my Warlock. I don't even have anything good to ascend. Of course the one lucky drop that I got from Trials was the gauntlets (from the rank 8 package the first week I think) and they have perfect perks for me (increased hand cannon and heavy reload speed) but even those are pure strength. I am having no luck on the rolls. Then I burned about 50 motes and a ton of glimmer and weapon parts trying to get a good roll on a hand cannon and a rocket launcher and failed there. Bleh...

On the positive side, we just got finished running the new Elimination mode in Crucible. It is my team that had been doing Trials with decreasing amounts of success recently. Hopefully some practice on this mode will help. We got to try it out on a lot of different maps and did pretty well.

It is kind of a strange mode because you keep playing the same group until one of you backs out. We played one team like 5 matches in a row (and won all 5). I think we won pretty much all of our matches (at least 11 of 12 or so).

I know io you mentioned before how PoE being 3 has splintered your group a bit and mine is pretty similar to an extent. Last night we had three of us playing and did a NF and were going to do some PoE stuff but then another friend joined up and we decided to do PvP instead. And then Linkin joined on the tail end too so we had a fairly full team but still it just stinks we can't all run PoE together. Scaling difficulty for extra players would be really cool and something I would love to see in their next big expansion. 

Also with PvP I have another gripe. I LOVED those big maps on the Moon and Mars, by far some of my favorite maps in the entire game. When they removed them from the average playlist I got really pissed (and still am). But then last night it was like rubbing salt on the wounds when I saw the defeat 10 guardians on vehicles bounty and was like, 'you know what how about we play some combined arms, I have no desire to drive vehicles but I do want to play those maps.'

AND SURE ENOUGH THAT SHIT ISNT EVEN AVAILABLE. WTF. You offer the bounty but not the game mode? Also that brings up my point too that I paid for this freaking game and all the maps that came with it. But then later Bungie is allowed to decide 'Nah those maps you can't play anymore, only on the random week that we say you can.'

This tactic by no means makes me EXCITED to play it when it comes around but rather PISSED that I cannot access the stuff that I actually want when I want. Halo had a massive laundry list of game types to pick from and that is why I loved it so much, you could pick and choose based on what YOU FELT LIKE PLAYING and not what Bungie TOLD YOU that you could this week.

Ugh, end rant.

Did a bunch last night. All I have left now is a 35. I got screwed on the Judgment's Chances yet again this week. I got 5 of them an ended up with 4 weapons. The only armor I got was a Str/Int Cabal perk helm for my Hunter.

I am in desperate need of Intellect pieces for my Warlock. I don't even have anything good to ascend. Of course the one lucky drop that I got from Trials was the gauntlets (from the rank 8 package the first week I think) and they have perfect perks for me (increased hand cannon and heavy reload speed) but even those are pure strength. I am having no luck on the rolls. Then I burned about 50 motes and a ton of glimmer and weapon parts trying to get a good roll on a hand cannon and a rocket launcher and failed there. Bleh...

On the positive side, we just got finished running the new Elimination mode in Crucible. It is my team that had been doing Trials with decreasing amounts of success recently. Hopefully some practice on this mode will help. We got to try it out on a lot of different maps and did pretty well.

It is kind of a strange mode because you keep playing the same group until one of you backs out. We played one team like 5 matches in a row (and won all 5). I think we won pretty much all of our matches (at least 11 of 12 or so).
Same on Judgement's Chance. I got a Cabal helm for Titan. I have 5 exotics, VoG, Crota, IB & 2 Kell helms, so no room for more helms.

I finally got tripod & tracking on my Radgast's fury (arc), but have very crappy barrel perks (linear compensator is the best, so not lots of velocity & blast radius isn't maxed).

This week's ToO Helmet for Warlocks is a pretty decent roll perk wise and is all INT, I believe it was 114? Not the greatest but also not bad.

I have a poop ton going on this weekend again so I hope I can even have time to squeeze in some ToO at least! I just want the helmets for all my characters because they look cool haha

I know io you mentioned before how PoE being 3 has splintered your group a bit and mine is pretty similar to an extent. Last night we had three of us playing and did a NF and were going to do some PoE stuff but then another friend joined up and we decided to do PvP instead. And then Linkin joined on the tail end too so we had a fairly full team but still it just stinks we can't all run PoE together. Scaling difficulty for extra players would be really cool and something I would love to see in their next big expansion.

Also with PvP I have another gripe. I LOVED those big maps on the Moon and Mars, by far some of my favorite maps in the entire game. When they removed them from the average playlist I got really pissed (and still am). But then last night it was like rubbing salt on the wounds when I saw the defeat 10 guardians on vehicles bounty and was like, 'you know what how about we play some combined arms, I have no desire to drive vehicles but I do want to play those maps.'

AND SURE ENOUGH THAT SHIT ISNT EVEN AVAILABLE. WTF. You offer the bounty but not the game mode? Also that brings up my point too that I paid for this freaking game and all the maps that came with it. But then later Bungie is allowed to decide 'Nah those maps you can't play anymore, only on the random week that we say you can.'

This tactic by no means makes me EXCITED to play it when it comes around but rather PISSED that I cannot access the stuff that I actually want when I want. Halo had a massive laundry list of game types to pick from and that is why I loved it so much, you could pick and choose based on what YOU FELT LIKE PLAYING and not what Bungie TOLD YOU that you could this week.

Ugh, end rant.
Bungie never promised that players would be able to play all the maps, so I don't see why others get upset about this (not saying you were upset). If Bungie didn't say it directly, players shouldn't expect it.

J/K, but that's exactly how we feel about PvE content, and much of what Bungie decides sucks, IMHO. I know it's not apples to apples comparison, but expecting a raid with the 3rd DLC was not as ludicrous as expecting Xur to sell Gjallerhorn. The Raid is what kept most people playing this, "We wanna be like WoW when it benefits us," MMOFPS. It's the only reason I bought the expansions. If I had known you get one strike.... I'll stop, but I wouldn't have bought the expansions until they were on SALE if I knew what I know, and they will not get my 'full price' money again, that's for sure.

[quote name="twztid13" post="12737957" timestamp="1434034076"]Bungie never promised that players would be able to play all the maps, so I don't see why others get upset about this (not saying you were upset). If Bungie didn't say it directly, players shouldn't expect it.

J/K, but that's exactly how we feel about PvE content, and much of what Bungie decides sucks, IMHO. I know it's not apples to apples comparison, but expecting a raid with the 3rd DLC was not as ludicrous as expecting Xur to sell Gjallerhorn. The Raid is what kept most people playing this, "We wanna be like WoW when it benefits us," MMOFPS. It's the only reason I bought the expansions. If I had known you get one strike.... I'll stop, but I wouldn't have bought the expansions until they were on SALE if I knew what I know, and they will not get my 'full price' money again, that's for sure.[/quote]
I don't like that they billed the DLC as an expansion. When I think of expansion I think of what PC games have done. They at least priced it as an expansion... Now this keeps popping up in the media as an expansion. I have no idea what Bungie/Activision's idea of an expansion is but I don't believe it goes with what the industry norm is. I wonder how much blame can be put on Bungie and how much is actually Activision pulling the strings.

How about tonight?

I'll run 34 and 35 PoEs if anyone still needs to run them. Just need one more clear to finish up the exotic bounty on my titan. Still playing the waiting game on my other 2 characters. For those that have the weapons, which would you say is the best for PvE?

BrolyB593 said:
This week's ToO Helmet for Warlocks is a pretty decent roll perk wise and is all INT, I believe it was 114? Not the greatest but also not bad.

I have a poop ton going on this weekend again so I hope I can even have time to squeeze in some ToO at least! I just want the helmets for all my characters because they look cool haha
Hell yeah I want those helmets. But my utter failure in even getting to rank 5 last week for the stupid gauntlets doesn't have me too hopeful about it. Maybe with it being the 4th week some of the pros will start getting bored. But more likely they will still be at is and the more casual players will be dropping so it will be even harder. That's probably why I was able to get to 8 wins twice the first week and it has gotten harder each week since then. Maybe by August when a lot of people have truly moved on it will get easier... Also, the random armor rolls and weapon rolls from the Lighthouse work against us less-skilled players in that the pros have an incentive to keep doing Trials over and over even once they have all the gear. Just like with PoE they can always get a better gun than last time.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I'll run 34 and 35 PoEs if anyone still needs to run them. Just need one more clear to finish up the exotic bounty on my titan. Still playing the waiting game on my other 2 characters. For those that have the weapons, which would you say is the best for PvE?
I'll run a 35 if you need it. The best way to do that is to run 2 or 3 bubble titans, then switch out at the end (my Warlock needs the completion).

As for the weapons, I'm not sure. Queenbreakers Bow definitely seems like it is for PvP. The shotgun might be useful in some of the close quarters fights in PoE. The Dreg's Promise is simply fun to use. It is like the Vestian Dynasty but with burst fire. So it is like a mini-pulse rifle sidearm. I'm not sure how useful it is, but it is fun to use ;). It is hard to justify taking up an exotic slot with it though. It is pretty clear that none of them is a Vex Mythoclast, Thorn, or Last Word-type weapon though (let alone a Gjallarhorn, Thunderlord, etc level one).

Any chance you would be running tonight? If so I would love an invite if possible, I should be on no later than 11:00pm est.
It honestly is kind of up in the air at the moment. A lot of us actually want to finish off our exotic bounties so it will probably not be until the weekend. And I don't know if we will be full or not. I have a couple friends that lack a FateBringer and almost all of them want to get a full Vault of Glass Armor set since they all crushed them :lol:

If we have room, I will be sure to hit you up. No guarantees since almost everyone in my group has had their schedules changed at least a little bit. Plus I know that I have a full group for some Hard Mode Crota runs since a majority of my friends I play with on a regular basis lack a Crux to get a Necrochasm.

Had another good, productive night with Sim and Drunkz.  I haven't been getting online as much this past couple of weeks, so I just got to my first 34 PoE.  Overall, this what a pretty easy run.  I think the 32 gave us more trouble.  Got my Titan to 34 and I can ascend some old gauntlets to get my Hunter to 34, but they have a crap roll.  So I'll wait until next week and see what Variks has for sale. 

Had another good, productive night with Sim and Drunkz. I haven't been getting online as much this past couple of weeks, so I just got to my first 34 PoE. Overall, this what a pretty easy run. I think the 32 gave us more trouble. Got my Titan to 34 and I can ascend some old gauntlets to get my Hunter to 34, but they have a crap roll. So I'll wait until next week and see what Variks has for sale.
Yeah, that was a good night. Now, I'm trying to decide what to do next: Ascend an armor piece to balance my titan a bit or ascend my Fatebringer. Probably should do the armor so I can stop rolling with 425+ strength.

And also: Universal Remote and MK 44 stand asides with only 30 light? Is Xur just clearing stock from the back room to prepare for summer inventory? Sheesh...

Yeah, I just used Xur to top off my 100-stack of heavy synths. That is about all he's good for this week.

I hit up LFG for my final PoE of the week. I thought I wouldn't get in one for a while as I kept messaging people and not hearing back. Then I finally got invited to a Party by one of them. He said he didn't have Gjallarhorn but asked if me and this other guy did. I thought we'd be in trouble because of that. The first week and even earlier this week just doing it with Ghorns (even 3 of them) was pretty risky. But these guys didn't want to snipe (the guy also didn't have Black Hammer - well, "on this character" anyway - guess he doesn't use the app). However, after just a couple of wipes we got it done.

It was especially odd because we were all Warlock so we had no bubble. In a way that worked out better, though, because then we didn't stand together for Skolas to shoot at the same place. We were spread apart and that seemed to confuse him a bit and made it possible to get more shots off.

I didn't get crap from Skolas, though I do now have a second character with a glitched Variks bounty request - so yay there... I had an open bounty slot (but only one). And now, just like with my Titan, Variks offers one of the bounties to my Warlock but I cannot accept it. They better patch their patch - this is ridiculous.

At least the Judgment's Chance worked out a bit better this time. I still haven't gotten any chest pieces or boots, but I did get an Int/Disc helm with Fallen perks - so that should help out in future weeks for Skolas and the servitor in round 5 of the 35.

I was all set to do Trials tomorrow but I don't think the people I play with are going to do it. One of them is apparently into ESO now... And Broly - yeah, that helm would be nice. But I feel like I need more Int on my Warlock in order to DO Trials just to get the helm! Once I have that I don't need to do Trials any more anyway and don't need the Int build quite so much. Catch-22...

FYI - I took the Queensbreaker Bow into clash and actually sniped someone with it. That was pretty cool. It is also fun to use to pick off the dregs and vandals in the Divide when waiting for the Wolves.

I also finally rolled my Ill Will to have Final Round and Luck in the Chamber. Then I unlocked all the perks. But when I used it in the daily crucible after reset (it is rumble today) I found that I still did much better using Thorn. I was definitely not outshooting people with the Ill Will (especially when they had Thorn). The bonus of each of those perks is only about 25% and I didn't see that making any difference whatsoever - it certainly doesn't make up for the damage over time that Thorn does. And Thorn has more range too.

I also re-rolled one of my max blast radius rocket launchers to have Tripod and proximity detonation. I maxed that out and then ascended it - it will be my PvP rocket launcher from now on.

Next up for me, I'd like to get a Skolas kill in (for the first time). I'd prefer it from the beginning, but I'll take what I can get. So, if anyone is doing a run at it, give me a shout.

Had another good, productive night with Sim and Drunkz. I haven't been getting online as much this past couple of weeks, so I just got to my first 34 PoE. Overall, this what a pretty easy run. I think the 32 gave us more trouble. Got my Titan to 34 and I can ascend some old gauntlets to get my Hunter to 34, but they have a crap roll. So I'll wait until next week and see what Variks has for sale.
Sorry I missed your message until this morning.I would have like to do 34 PoE. I was nodding off I was so bored & couldn't find anything to do :(

Played for the first time in a long time last night. Ran two nightfalls and got Hard Light and MK Standasides, aka two shards. New strike was really fun though. I want to play more, but I'm super busy and really overwhelmed by all the new content.

io said:
FYI - I took the Queensbreaker Bow into clash and actually sniped someone with it. That was pretty cool. It is also fun to use to pick off the dregs and vandals in the Divide when waiting for the Wolves.

I also finally rolled my Ill Will to have Final Round and Luck in the Chamber. Then I unlocked all the perks. But when I used it in the daily crucible after reset (it is rumble today) I found that I still did much better using Thorn. I was definitely not outshooting people with the Ill Will (especially when they had Thorn). The bonus of each of those perks is only about 25% and I didn't see that making any difference whatsoever - it certainly doesn't make up for the damage over time that Thorn does. And Thorn has more range too.

I also re-rolled one of my max blast radius rocket launchers to have Tripod and proximity detonation. I maxed that out and then ascended it - it will be my PvP rocket launcher from now on.
Yeah, it will never match an exotic primary, but the whole purpose of using that weapon would be to use an exotic secondary most of the time, IMHO. I have Ill Will & Fulcrum (red hand IX, too, but I have one from before HoW that has a great rol with explosive rounds, last round & hip fire, so I've dismantled to 2 I've gotten post DLC).

I will try those when I have more weapon parts.

While the new warlock exotic chest piece is cool I still much prefer Voidfang over all other pieces especially in ToO so I think I will pass on these exotic engrams this week and save up for the Helmet one again.

Sorry I missed your message until this morning.I would have like to do 34 PoE. I was nodding off I was so bored & couldn't find anything to do :(
I'd also like to do a couple more 34s and a 35s sometime this weekend. Need me some more E-light!

While the new warlock exotic chest piece is cool I still much prefer Voidfang over all other pieces especially in ToO so I think I will pass on these exotic engrams this week and save up for the Helmet one again.
I hate the new warlock robe. I hate the way it looks, and only useful in PvP, really. I'll save mine, too (though I'm back up to 400coins, but I will buy the crap out of helmets, legs, & guantlets).

EDIT: I always roll Voidwalker, too, in PvP, and Voidfand always gives you grenades. The Ram is pretty cool when in right situations.

BrolyB593 said:
See in Trials I am using either Ram for the increased armor or Light Beyond Nemesis (I think it is called?) for the quick revive. That quick revive is almost essential. I usually run Voidwalker in normal Crucible/Iron Banner but then I use Obsidian Mind.

It would be interesting to try Purifier Robes to see how much of an effect the stunning enemies on revive is. But with Trials you are only going to get to do that once the entire match anyway.

Yeah, so for the first time in a long while I got bored of Destiny tonight and didn't feel like running any more bounties or doing much of anything. One of the guys I was supposed to run Trials with is playing ESO now and wouldn't even make one run at Trials with us tonight. That was really all that was left to do at this point.

Prison of Elders was a great idea on paper and it was fun for a few weeks. But the rewards are such utter crap that I don't see much point in it any more. I already have more etheric light than I need. The 32 and 35 give me Judgment's Chances but 75% or more of those are useless Fallen weapons. And even when you do get armor, it is just going to have a perk only good on one race in the PoE that will just make collecting future armor slightly easier on a round or two. But since there isn't enough Vault space you can't keep every possible combination anyway so what is the point in collecting them?

The weapons that drop from Skolas are arbitrary and random, and don't drop all that often. And they also have a wasted Fallen-themed perk on them that makes them inferior to most VoG or Crota end-game weapons (once ascended) anyway.

The best gear and weapons comes from a mode that 90-95% of the player base is locked out of (Trials). Also, the 3-man nature of the PoE (and Trials for that matter) has fractured previous clans/raid crews.

Again, while the HoW on paper seems much better than TBD and a huge improvement in the game, I am not seeing it that way now. The proof is on my friend's list: most of the people I played regularly with up until a few weeks ago play very little or have moved on. The only ones I see on regularly are the PvP pros (that I mostly know through Vendetta).

Since I know I'll never obtain all the Osiris gear let alone get the best weapons (the Adept stuff from going Flawless), it has sucked all motivation out of the game for me. And I have to say it has done the same for many others given the rapid drop-off I've seen (which has been much faster than it was for Crota's End). If PoE had better rewards or any sort of point to it whatsoever, that might be different.

And even if I could get through Trials easily, I don't see the point since I'm guessing the next expansion in just 3-4 months will increase the light level and make all these armor and weapons outdated (the "year 1" quote on the ascension leads me to believe that - we shall see what, if anything, they reveal about Taken King at E3 and beyond).

People bag on The Dark Below and the Crota raid, but that kept up my interest for several months. HoW is just not doing the same. Exploring the Crota raid the first minute it came out having no idea what we were getting into was probably the most fun I've ever had in a video game. Nothing in House of Wolves comes close to that. And the Crota raid, as flawed as it was (and still is), at least kept us going for a while with both the original release and then hard mode. I think this week brought the last variation of PoE (Cult of the Worm) and I doubt there will be any changes except for minor tweaks on the modifiers and boss health/spawns (such as they are apparently going to do with Skolas next week).

I'll probably run a Nightfall and just a little PoE from now on. If I can get some people to do Trials I'll go for it, but I'm not optimistic and I dread the utter frustration and futility that I had with it last week. I'd probably just feel a lot better dropping the game entirely as it never was so stressful and pointless before HoW. Is this what Bungie intended?

I think I'm going to try that Massive Chalice game that we got for free.

So at like 3am the one guy who was playing ESO said he wanted to do Trials so we gave it a shot. Couldn't get past 2 wins in 2 attempts, though we were close on a lot of our losses. But playing that late is never good. I actually didn't do too badly myself and even turned a couple of +1 K/D matches. We are going to try one more time on Sunday. If we can't get to 5 wins then I will probably be done with Trials for the foreseeable future.

Also, everyone plays with Thorn + shotgun. I see a Thorn nerf coming sooner or later.

Prison of Elders was a great idea on paper and it was fun for a few weeks. But the rewards are such utter crap that I don't see much point in it any more. I already have more etheric light than I need. The 32 and 35 give me Judgment's Chances but 75% or more of those are useless Fallen weapons. And even when you do get armor, it is just going to have a perk only good on one race in the PoE that will just make collecting future armor slightly easier on a round or two. But since there isn't enough Vault space you can't keep every possible combination anyway so what is the point in collecting them?

The weapons that drop from Skolas are arbitrary and random, and don't drop all that often. And they also have a wasted Fallen-themed perk on them that makes them inferior to most VoG or Crota end-game weapons (once ascended) anyway.
I'll admit that HoW is lacking something, but I am still having fun. I have been playing and progressing at a bit slower pace than you, so I guess I am stretching it out a bit, but I agree it's a bit hollow. For me, I'm just playing dress-up at this point: I want to get the etheric light to ascend specific pieces of armor I like to get my characters looking and playing a certain way. There's no real goal, no objective. I haven't even seen anyone using any new weapon that made me drool. If anything, playing in IB has made me finally want to do the Thorn bounty (I'm sure I'll get it just in time for the inevitable nerf).

I just played my first 34 this week and now want to do more. My Warlock and Titan have some good looks to them now and I now need to get the mats necessary to get my Hunter set up right. I'm not sure why I am bothering since all this will become obsolete in September, but at least I'm having a good time.

See in Trials I am using either Ram for the increased armor or Light Beyond Nemesis (I think it is called?) for the quick revive. That quick revive is almost essential. I usually run Voidwalker in normal Crucible/Iron Banner but then I use Obsidian Mind.

It would be interesting to try Purifier Robes to see how much of an effect the stunning enemies on revive is. But with Trials you are only going to get to do that once the entire match anyway.
I think you will be surprised by how much more effective you are offensively with the Voidfang mixed with 2 firebolt (tracking) Sunsinger grenades. Off the bat you can instantly get one kill with both of those grenades and from there it usually throws off the team and you just can take a quick rush victory as they scramble to realize what even happened. Plus when you get revived by a teammate you will spawn with both grenades charged which means if they revive you in a hairy spot you can instantly lob two grenades which will either thin their ranks, GREATLY hurt them or be used as a zoning device that pushes them back.

Granted though from reading of your experiences in ToO you seem to be a much more defensive player so I can see how the other two exotics would benefit your playstyle a bit more. For me however the Voidfang is an essential piece of ToO gear.

BrolyB593 said:
Granted though from reading of your experiences in ToO you seem to be a much more defensive player so I can see how the other two exotics would benefit your playstyle a bit more. For me however the Voidfang is an essential piece of ToO gear.
I actually played as a Voidwalker last night. I tried Nothing Manacles with the "tracking" scatter grenades but they don't really do much. So I went back to Light Beyond Nemesis and just used Axion Bolt. In normal crucible I usually pair that with Obsidian mind but I'll look at Voidfang. What are the stats for it? The problem I have on my Warlock is a lack of Int pieces. OK, I just looked and Obsidian mind is Int/Str. Voidfang are all Str which realty, really sucks. The way they laid out the stats for the Warlock exotics is a little strange. So to use Voidfang I'd have to ditch my ascended Iron Banner robe which is Int/Disc and I'd probably end up at 0% Int, 30% Disc, and 100% Str which kind of sucks.

I did win two rounds with my Nova Bomb so I think I like that better than the self-revive. It always seems like the self-revive is too little too late whereas Nova Bomb can save your ass. One time I took out all 3 of the other team when they rushed us. Another time I took out a bladedancer who was about to wipe us out.

I was happily playing Massive Chalice when the other guy pulled me back into the frustration that is Trials. We are going to try again Sunday morning to see if it is a little easier. But from my experience the last 2 weeks it seems like only the really good players do Trials now whereas the first week or two a lot of others were playing it. We were creaming a few teams back then and that has not happened recently. I mean, I've gotten a ton better and so has our team as a unit, but the level of competition is so much higher now. I really, really wish I had played a little more with my other characters the first week. We went 8-1 the first week when I was totally clueless about what was going on. We followed that up with an 8-2 the next week and a 6-3 on a secondary character (my Hunter). But since then we haven't been able to break 3 wins.

Had a good speed run with some randoms from destinylfg on a hard Crota run. Got the Oversoul Edict at the lights and the World of Crota and Abyss Defiant at the end. I now have primaries for all three burns finally.

bread's done
Back