Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

I'm sure when they give us more vault space in Destiny year 4 and allow me to dual wield the GH I will be satisfied that I kept them all.
That would be awesome ;).

So I guess I totally forgot about Xur - just saw the summary of what he has on Polygon. He does have two of the new exotics (gloves for Titan and Hunter), but I already have both. I'll have to see if they have better stats than the ones I already have - I pretty much have nothing else to do at this point but level up duplicate gear anyway.

What is the Trials map this week? Edit: Apparently it is Thieves' Den which is one I don't think I've seen before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to run PoE 32 so I can level up, I'd prefer to do it with CAGs; anyone want to help me out this weekend? I also need to do all the story missions with my Titan if anyone needs to do any.

I need to run PoE 32 so I can level up, I'd prefer to do it with CAGs; anyone want to help me out this weekend? I also need to do all the story missions with my Titan if anyone needs to do any.
I'll help if you need company. Message me if you see me on.

RADa5AURU5 said:
I'll help but it has to be after 10pm Pacific all weekend as I had to move the Xbox to the family room because the other TV broke - so I can pretty much only play after the kids go to bed.

Finally did the complete VoG raid on hard last night with a team of randoms from Destinylfg.com. Ended up getting the sparrow and the Hezen rocket launcher which I dismantled. There was about four of us who went through the whole thing and we had a couple of self proclaimed pros with no patience drop out on us when we didnt get the oracles on the first try. We than found a couple of new guys that were very nice and got us through the rest of it. We did wipe a few time at the end because of confusion with the relic but it went well after that. The couple of Level 34's that joined us late for that then tried to go through the Level 35 PoE with me but we kept wiping on the third run of the Cabel level so we gave up after 3-4 tries. I would love it to get the piece of Light but the armor and weapon cores I would waste on a judgement chance. I might end up getting the Hand Cannon he has this week just so I can have another 365 weapon to use.

No, a group over at Trueachievements have been setting up flawless runs on Crota and I got in on one of those sessions. They had run it flawless 10+ times so it was a pretty straightforward clear. Considering you can still cheese the first 2 sections it isn't nearly as daunting as it once was. If anyone is still looking to get that achievement I recommend going that route.
I can see how the solo lamp run is still possible to get through the first section, but how can you cheese the second section? That's the area where I'm most concerned in relation to a flawless run on Crota.

Also, I agree, the salvage achievement is super quick and the mode was pretty fun too.

Ran VoG HM last with my DoD clan, smoothest quickest run I've ever done. I did score Fatebringer finally, but still no Vex, just another RedDeath.

So, I got my 2nd FWC package this week with my hunter and got another ship. :lol:

So for FWC level 20 and 21 for rep, I got back to back ships.  Would rather have a shader but it'll do for now.  :)

I can see how the solo lamp run is still possible to get through the first section, but how can you cheese the second section? That's the area where I'm most concerned in relation to a flawless run on Crota.

Also, I agree, the salvage achievement is super quick and the mode was pretty fun too.
You can still despawn all the enemies on the starting side once you get 1 or 2 people across the bridge. They camp behind the lights and everyone on the starting side jumps to the top of the towers. As soon as the enemies despawn they come down and snipe the ogres. This is the standard cheese, but normally you just have everyone die and have a warlock rez so people don't have to jump up the towers.

Also, as soon as I finish this game, looks like they actually will add more achievements when TTK drops:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21467-E3-2015--Destiny-The-Taken-King-Will-Have-Achievements.html

chubbyninja1319 said:
Yeah, I was wondering that too. When we did Flawless we had to do the second section legit and along with Deathsinger it was the part we had the most trouble with. If EVERYONE can platform up to the top of the tower it could be cheesed, but I've only ever been able to get up there once with my Warlock. It would be surprising if everyone in a fireteam was able to get up there. It was easier in the end for us just to run the damn thing like normal. Though maybe it could be cheesed by sending a few people over to the hiding spots and then have the rest go up top?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. When we did Flawless we had to do the second section legit and along with Deathsinger it was the part we had the most trouble with. If EVERYONE can platform up to the top of the tower it could be cheesed, but I've only ever been able to get up there once with my Warlock. It would be surprising if everyone in a fireteam was able to get up there. It was easier in the end for us just to run the damn thing like normal. Though maybe it could be cheesed by sending a few people over to the hiding spots and then have the rest go up top?
Yeah, I was in that raid with you and we were all like 'huh, i'll be damned. this works.' But thats the only time I've seen it done. I haven't been able to get up to the towers myself. I'll have to practice that. But then again, I doubt I'll care all that much since we'll have more cheevo's with TTK.

Yeah, I was in that raid with you and we were all like 'huh, i'll be damned. this works.' But thats the only time I've seen it done. I haven't been able to get up to the towers myself. I'll have to practice that. But then again, I doubt I'll care all that much since we'll have more cheevo's with TTK.
It is actually quite easy to get up there with all three classes. Just make sure when you do that you have a weapon (Ice Breaker) with the +2 agility perk and are maxed out for agility. Definitely is easier to get up there with a Gunslinger for a hunter because of the triple jump, though with the new exotic boots, you can triple jump with a blade dancer. Warlock and Titan it doesn't really matter at all which class you are.

You can still despawn all the enemies on the starting side once you get 1 or 2 people across the bridge. They camp behind the lights and everyone on the starting side jumps to the top of the towers. As soon as the enemies despawn they come down and snipe the ogres. This is the standard cheese, but normally you just have everyone die and have a warlock rez so people don't have to jump up the towers.

Also, as soon as I finish this game, looks like they actually will add more achievements when TTK drops:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21467-E3-2015--Destiny-The-Taken-King-Will-Have-Achievements.html
I really hope they include Dark Below and House of Wolves stuff, but since Bungie has been crappy about achievements, I'm not counting on it.

Got to 7-0 pretty easily in Trials last night and I thought maybe I was on my way to the Lighthouse and then it just fell apart - couldn't even get to 8. This game is so strange sometimes.

At least I got the chest piece for my Hunter. I now have half the Trials gear (all for my Warlock, boots and chest for my Hunter, nothing for my Titan). I really want to run my Titan up to rank 5 before reset as the map this week isn't too bad.

With the rank 6 package I got an exotic - I didn't even know that was possible. Unfortunately it was Patience and Time. I would have greatly preferred another Trials armor piece. That's why it was so disappointing not to get to 8 when we were 7-0 since that has a good chance of dropping an armor piece as well. If it saved me from another week of Trials it would have been better than any exotic.

Ugh.. So just when I decided I should do the Thorn bounty, it popped up as available on my hunter. Bleah. Should I even bother trying? Not having a void grenade or super is going to suck.

simosaurus said:
Ugh.. So just when I decided I should do the Thorn bounty, it popped up as available on my hunter. Bleah. Should I even bother trying? Not having a void grenade or super is going to suck.
I bailed on it with my Hunter and waited till my Warlock got it. But that was a few months back when I was new to PvP. It might not be so bad now. I'd probably try to run Word of Crota to get it now, and I have a couple of Void shotguns as well. Even on my Warlock I did it with Vex Mythoclast and Corrective Measure (and later a void Jolder's Hammer). I never even used my secondary back then. So probably most of my void kills were with the super, melee, and grenade. I just used Vex to keep myself from dying so much (vs. using Atheon's Epilogue or something like that).

I have completed it twice on my hunter and once on each of the other characters. Hunter is definitely the more difficult one since there are no void supers or grenades, but I had luck using the invisibility perk on the bladedancer that lets you go invisible after crouching for a few seconds. Gave me the leg up in firefights since Word of Crota and AE aren't that great.

First time I did it on my Hunter I didn't even have a void primary, I just camped heavy by going invisible and used shotgun and Corrective Measure or Truth. Second time I rocked Word of Crota and it actually didn't go that badly, but I had a void Jolders Hammer and it just destroyed. I was usually able to get 5+ kills each time Heavy dropped and that made the bounty go by quickly.

Kind of lame that there are Taken King CE bonus items that you can only get with the "full package" release. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for CE stuff but not to the extent of re-buying a game and DLC that I already own.

Right now with my move playing games is tough as I am trying just as hard to be quiet as I am playing haha

Two nights ago I started ToO with my main guys and literally right after we buy the boons and get into it we are dominating the one team and then the power went out and I was so pissed. They continued and still won though even without me haha. I left them with a 2-0 lead and they finished it off. 

Then the next night I jumped in with them again though they each already had a couple wins on their card where since mine was given a loss from the power going out I just did a fresh card. We finished off each of their cards and got them both to the Lighthouse yet again and on our 8th win it was tight as could be and we lost. I was so pissed. I had already used up our loss earlier from another really close one. Oh well, all I really wanted was the Pulse for PvP which it doesnt matter if it has elemental damage then. I still finished off the card with 9 wins just for fun then even after that one loss. Ended up with YET ANOTHER G-Horn from the 6-win package and the 8-win package gave me another Jewel of Osiris, which already having a Solar one made it pretty useless and I discarded it. Of all the things I scored a really solid roll on a chest piece from the end game rewards in ToO. Shotgun and Handcannon ammo and ~160 total points between INT and STR.

My buddies all got lame stuff from the Lighthouse but just like everything else with Destiny, once you play it enough you pretty much have everything and so there really isn't much to earn even from the top tier stuff. 

With my move and all my other stuff I need to do I am curious to see how much I will end up playing Destiny over the coming months before Taken King. I pretty much have everything I could possibly need from all the current game can offer and really I just like playing ToO now on the weekends and standard PvP stuff here and there.

I had a pretty good run on Trials on Saturday night and got to 7 wins (was 7-0 but then we lost 3). Still, I was happy to get the Hunter chest armor and the pulse rifle.

Then last night I got a really good player to team up with me and this other guy and we went 4-0 pretty quickly. But then we lost two and as soon as we had the first mark on our card, the really good guy bailed as he was a "flawless or nothing" player. I just wanted to get the chest piece for my Titan as I have yet to get any Trials gear for him. So I still had two more chances but we ran into 2 really good teams and I didn't get to 5. That really sucked and once again I am down on the game and just thinking of dropping it until the next expansion. The frustration level and wasted time on this game is just not worth it any more. I think they really screwed the pooch with Trials (fracturing the user base) and PoE (crap rewards making it not worth the time).

I had an idea for making Trials a little more accessible. You have two versions: 1 the way it is now with pre-made fireteams. But then also have a matchmaking version that goes by skill. But it resets your team every time so you will always be playing with random people. It would be pretty hard to go Flawless with it (thus keeping that reward mostly for the really pro pre-made teams in the normal version). But it would afford those of us who just want to collect the gear a slightly better chance. Instead of struggling to find people to play with, I could just run it random and with enough persistence I'm sure I could hit 5 wins every week.

Otherwise, as it stands now, I'm not even sure I have the motivation to finish up my last Variks bounty though I probably will just to get them all done. I could see myself maybe doing the Nightfall and 32/34 PoE's going forward. I'm not sure how much other stuff I'll do though. I've recently been ignoring the Vanguard bounties for the most part and just up till a few weeks ago I was doing as many of those as I could every day.

I would love a matchmaking option for ToO based on skill. I have so many passage coins in my vault I just want to try the game mode at least once. I have tried destinylfg.com looking for two more people but the people all seem so serious about it.

io, when you lose in ToO most of the time is it because you get matched up with a pro team who all has the exotic emblem?

I was thinking they should do something with Trials where they restrict the matchmaking as well.  Maybe force people who have been to the lighthouse on a given character into matchmaking with just others who have been to the lighthouse?  Possibly that discourages people from going 2 or 3 times per week on the same character.  That would be a real kick in the nuts to lose a potential 9-0 run to a team that has already been there in a given week.   Or maybe let you continue to buy the boons multiple times on each passage, at least the one that forgives a loss.  If we stack the coins up, why not?  You still have to get 8-9 wins.

I feel like they will change things up at some point but who knows if anyone will still be playing.  I think they have already lost a ton of people. Outside of reset day it didn't seem like many of my friends were playing these past few weeks.  Did anyone even beat Skolas this week?  I didn't even look at what the modifiers were.

Going forward the only thing I will definitely be running on a weekly basis will be the Nightfall and 32/34 PoE.  Maybe the Weekly Heroic if there is a burn that makes it quick and easy, but I haven't run it in a month now and still have 400 strange coins.  If there is a group that wants/needs to do Skolas I might be interested just to help out, but not much motivation to run it otherwise due to the crap rewards.

Also if any;one is looking for the Flawless Raider achievement, here is a link to the group that is helping people out.  Check it out if you are interested: http://spartan1project.com/forum/index.php?topic=4699.0

GLOCKGLOCK said:
io, when you lose in ToO most of the time is it because you get matched up with a pro team who all has the exotic emblem?
It was that way early on but enough people have the emblem now that it doesn't really seem to matter - all the "cool kids" no longer wear it because so many people have it. We've been destroyed by teams sporting the Jade Rabbit emblem and we've killed teams with 2 or 3 exotic emblems.

Tonight was more frustration: I wasted another 6 coins tonight and we didn't even get a win. We were constantly red-barred and people were teleporting all over and then one of our guys got booted in a game we were finally winning 2-0. Nice. It's really classy when you are down a player, then the other teams wins a round 3-on-2 and they teabag you. I'm really starting to dislike the player base. Trials is full of immature shitheads - though that sort of validates my opinion that the Xbox platform has always been that way anyways. Destiny seemed to be better than that up to this point though.

I actually don't want to be able to buy boons over and over because then you have to grind for coins endlessly. I think they need to make the boons one coin instead of three. I get why they are doing it this way - they want people to play the daily crucible which I have been doing way more recently (I didn't even know it was a thing before Trials, to be honest). But I no longer feel like wasting an hour of my life every day just to get 3 coins, which just translates to one boon on one character. I spent 24 coins this weekend and only got 10 back from the reward packages. So that was 14 coins spent, or 4 1/2 days of Daily Crucibles on all three characters. Not worth it - and all I got was one armor piece, one etheric light, and the pulse rifle out of all of that.

I ran one Weekly Heroic just now - won't even bother with the other 2 before reset. And I may not even be on at reset to run the Nightfall for the first time ever (barring one week I was out of town). I may just try to run it tomorrow night if any CAGs are around.

Because of my TV situation (the one in the gaming room is broken) I have to wait till 10pm+ Pacific to do any gaming so I'll be on then for any CAGs that want to run Nightfall/PoE.

Went ahead and did the Nightfall at reset. It may be the easiest one we've ever had and it can be done in 10-15 minutes. It is Valus Ta'aurc with Arc and Solar burn. You have to watch out for the Centurions with rockets but otherwise both the Tank and Valus himself can be taken down in seconds.

A friend I was running it with got 2 etheric light and Truth out of the 3 runs. I got Ruin Wings (with a worse roll than the ones I already have), a legendary weapon engram that is still at the post, and the Pest Control Matrix pulse or scout rifle (I don't even know). As usual, crap for rewards. But at least it was stupid easy this time.

The PoE's are back to what they were the first week with Iron Legion at 32 and Urrox at 34. I'll be looking to run those Tuesday night after 10pm if anyone is on. I'm looking forward to getting 3 more Judgment's Chances that turn into crappy PoE weapons! (I didn't even look at what Variks' armor is but I'll be sure to check that out first as it might be better than what he had last time).

Ok, found the info on the Bungie forums. These are actually really good so I will just be picking these up with the armor cores this week. I passed entirely on the chest pieces when they were all Strength since I had ascended better stuff the first week to get all my characters to 34.

Warlock - Kellbreaker's Cloak (Chest, Dis = 159)
Titan - Kellslayer's Cuirass (Chest, Int = 173)
Hunter - Kellhunter's Blood (Chest, Int 159)
All can carry more special ammo, carry more hand cannon ammo, increased armour and melee when fighting fallen in POE.

I like the hand cannon perk as well... It also looks like Skolas has Lightswitch this week. So, yeah, I'll probably just skip it entirely like I did last week. That sounds like a pain.

Went ahead and did the Nightfall at reset. It may be the easiest one we've ever had and it can be done in 10-15 minutes. It is Valus Ta'aurc with Arc and Solar burn. You have to watch out for the Centurions with rockets but otherwise both the Tank and Valus himself can be taken down in seconds.

A friend I was running it with got 2 etheric light and Truth out of the 3 runs. I got Ruin Wings (with a worse roll than the ones I already have), a legendary weapon engram that is still at the post, and the Pest Control Matrix pulse or scout rifle (I don't even know). As usual, crap for rewards. But at least it was stupid easy this time.

The PoE's are back to what they were the first week with Iron Legion at 32 and Urrox at 34. I'll be looking to run those Tuesday night after 10pm if anyone is on. I'm looking forward to getting 3 more Judgment's Chances that turn into crappy PoE weapons! (I didn't even look at what Variks' armor is but I'll be sure to check that out first as it might be better than what he had last time).

Ok, found the info on the Bungie forums. These are actually really good so I will just be picking these up with the armor cores this week. I passed entirely on the chest pieces when they were all Strength since I had ascended better stuff the first week to get all my characters to 34.

Warlock - Kellbreaker's Cloak (Chest, Dis = 159)
Titan - Kellslayer's Cuirass (Chest, Int = 173)
Hunter - Kellhunter's Blood (Chest, Int 159)
All can carry more special ammo, carry more hand cannon ammo, increased armour and melee when fighting fallen in POE.

I like the hand cannon perk as well... It also looks like Skolas has Lightswitch this week. So, yeah, I'll probably just skip it entirely like I did last week. That sounds like a pain.
lightswitch is a autoskip for skolas this week. Those captains are merciless!

Ran VoG HM with my Titan on Sunday, first time running VoG with him, got nothing but shards. 

Ran 2 NF today, got my Ram Helmet....woot! and my 3rd Word of Crota...sigh.

Come on Gally!!!!

I probably wont be on for anything until Friday about 6pm. Out of town for work & didn't wanna try & bring my console. 3ds FTW. I always assume everyone has done everything at that point, so I usually dont ask. If anyone sees me on, I'll be down for everything this week. No reason to do 34s anymore (tons of light& wpn cores), and I was happy I got a hand cannon armor from judgements chance last week. Everytime I have ever got something somewhat unique, everyone else had access that very next week, it seems. I hate you, Destiny!! I stil cant get a freakin show of veils and I've seen friends dismantle several.​

twztid13 said:
I stil cant get a freakin show of veils and I've seen friends dismantle several.[/right]
That is one that I have not gotten. The Judgment's Chances have given me 3 rocket launchers and 3 hand cannons and a few others but not that...

I just logged in to pick up my bounties and the armor and there are seriously 3 friggin' people paying destiny on my friends list....  That is an all time low on reset day.  Can't remember that few people on since the dog days between the raids and HoW releasing.

Also I know some of you in this thread don't follow the Playstation thread or reddit, but Bungie is currently trying to deflect attention away from some inflammatory interviews that Luke Smith gave at e3 and in eurogamer where he came off like more of a douchebag than he normally does.  Check it out if you haven't yet:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-destiny-the-taken-king-director-defends-40-expansion-price-tag

Deej is currently running interference for him and says that vets will get 'better' content than what is included in the Collectors Edition.  More details to follow in the weekly update on Thursday...

Eh, I'm a moron and I love collectors editions, so I preordered it at Gamestop today.  Yes, I'm getting taken advantage of.  Yes, I'm rebuying content I've paid for and played already.  But I enjoy this game and I know I'll want the Taken King CE on my shelf.  I save so much money via GCU at best buy, that I can splurge and buy this at retail cost.  Just this once.  ;)

Eh, I'm a moron and I love collectors editions, so I preordered it at Gamestop today. Yes, I'm getting taken advantage of. Yes, I'm rebuying content I've paid for and played already. But I enjoy this game and I know I'll want the Taken King CE on my shelf. I save so much money via GCU at best buy, that I can splurge and buy this at retail cost. Just this once. ;)
Just this once he said, as he made room for his new Destiny 5.5 CE...

Eh, I'm a moron and I love collectors editions, so I preordered it at Gamestop today. Yes, I'm getting taken advantage of. Yes, I'm rebuying content I've paid for and played already. But I enjoy this game and I know I'll want the Taken King CE on my shelf. I save so much money via GCU at best buy, that I can splurge and buy this at retail cost. Just this once. ;)
Sadly I think I might buy it as well since I missed out on the Ghost edition. But looking at it I have spend so much time on Destiny that it has probably saved me money in the long term since instead of buying more games I just keep playing this one. At least that is how I am going to justify the purchase to myself...

JagerBombs before, during and after each Nightfall! :beer:

Yay, well at least 7-11 is the closest store I have to my house. Maybe my son would drink the Red Bull, though I'm not sure I want to get him started on stuff like that ;).

Had some really frustrating PvP last night. For whatever reason me and this other guy kept being put on terrible teams. Either he or I would be at the top of the board and everyone else was terrible and/or the other teams just wrecked. It happened like 6 times in a row until he finally rage quit. Then I was finally able to win a match like 2 tries later.

Earlier I was on to run PoE and practically no one was on - pretty unusual for reset day. I managed to get one 32 and 34 done with Glock and another guy. I got the Warlock armor from Variks as it has a pretty nice roll. I still need to do the same for my other two characters so I'll be looking to run 2 more 32's at least if anyone is still playing this game!

Glock was with us on the first PvP game after we did the PoE's but he apparently fell asleep, went idle, and got booted to orbit. We heard some snoring there for a bit before that happened ;).

Leaning towards cutting down my hours in the game.  I'm bored and PoE which I thought was a good idea, has become stale and boring without much of a payoff unless you complete 35 and hope to be blessed by RNGeezus.

I do still need to do daily crucible though to be able to have coins for Trials on the weekends.  I guess it is mainly PvE shit that is boring the crap out of me.  There is virtually no incentive for me to do anything unless I can get exotic armor pieces.  I noticed I have been doing a ton more of PvP lately and that isn't boring.

I have Batman coming tomorrow and Elder Scrolls online looks really fun to me.

I have Batman coming tomorrow and Elder Scrolls online looks really fun to me.
I regret spending so much time in Destiny last night (especially the frustrating laggy PvP) and not playing ESO instead. I didn't play ESO Monday night because the servers were down for maintenance. Unfortunately they tend to do that whenever I want to play (late night Pacific time) which is the only knock I have on ESO right now. Destiny at least has minimal down time.

So apparently they made one small change to the Trials passage coins in a hotfix today. I didn't realize they gave out a ridiculous 9 coins in the Lighthouse chest. That was just plain stupid. Flawless jagoffs already get 8 from the rank 2, 3, 6, and 8 packages. Since the ones getting flawless are elite and probably don't have to start over so much (thus using more coins) they are the ones in least need of a huge boost at the end.

What they did is remove them from the Lighthouse chest but provide them as rewards when you lose a Trials match. Everyone on the Destiny forums is complaining about this but I think it is genius. I was getting really tired of the Daily Crucible grind just to get enough coins to throw at fruitless attempts at Trials each weekend. If I can at least get back a portion of the coins while playing Trials I'm less likely to throw in the towel. And I think both Bungie and Trials pros want more people playing Trials, not less, so it should work out for everyone. if it keeps more casual PvP players engaged that is a good thing. I still think they should lower the boon costs to one coin though. Make it so that I can buy them all every time instead of having to ration them out - that way I can make several attempts to get to my pathetic 5 wins instead of only being able to make a run or two each weekend. Again, how is people being able to play the game more a bad thing? The whole passage coin/boon thing seems to indicate they thought it was.

Finally got my Vex!

-----

In still getting the GS CE since I want the physical items, I needs the strange coin! I'll ebay the stuff i don't need/want.

LinkinPrime said:
Finally got my Vex!

-----

In still getting the GS CE since I want the physical items, I needs the strange coin! I'll ebay the stuff i don't need/want.
Saw you doing VoG - congrats!

Hmm - I could always go the eBay route as well. In what exact form does the CE stuff come? Is the base game a disc and the expansions a code? If so those could be split up.

I did finish up all my 32's and 34's for the week and picked up the chest armor for each character. I actually got a (4th) Elder Cipher bounty from one of the 34's - I had never seen it drop from that before (just from Skolas). Now I can just casually run the Queen's bounties to level that stuff up and then hopefully make one run at Trials this weekend for the Titan boots and that rocket launcher. I hope that goes better this time. Please, please, PvP pros, take a break and play Call of Duty or something ;).

I can't see trying the 35 this week with Lightswitch on. I mean, I'm sure it is doable, but it is just such a slog even to get to Skolas. I really hate the rocket-sponge servitor in round 5. It isn't hard either, but it is entirely lacking in fun...

Stinks to hear Skolas is a pain this week. I haven't played the 35 yet and was hoping to this week. I'll hit it next week, so hopefully I can get in with some of the gang from here.

Kind of lame that there are Taken King CE bonus items that you can only get with the "full package" release. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for CE stuff but not to the extent of re-buying a game and DLC that I already own.
Well Bungie is addressing my complaint-- a $20 digital CE upgrade pack will be released for the bonuses.

Hmm - I could always go the eBay route as well. In what exact form does the CE stuff come? Is the base game a disc and the expansions a code? If so those could be split up.

I did finish up all my 32's and 34's for the week and picked up the chest armor for each character. I actually got a (4th) Elder Cipher bounty from one of the 34's - I had never seen it drop from that before (just from Skolas). Now I can just casually run the Queen's bounties to level that stuff up and then hopefully make one run at Trials this weekend for the Titan boots and that rocket launcher. I hope that goes better this time. Please, please, PvP pros, take a break and play Call of Duty or something ;).

I can't see trying the 35 this week with Lightswitch on. I mean, I'm sure it is doable, but it is just such a slog even to get to Skolas. I really hate the rocket-sponge servitor in round 5. It isn't hard either, but it is entirely lacking in fun...
Same happened to me on the Cipher bounties on 2 characters. I have 2 more I'm working on that were out of the blue from Varriks (I don't think I had room when he was dropping 2 at a time).

I did 2 Skolas runs last night on Titan & Hunter. Weapons with elements seem to drop more now. I got one last week, and on each win last night. A solar auto rifle & void scout rifle. About the same as last week. you have to have a group that can communicate & knows the mechanics of the fight, etc. The fact that a Captain can ruin your day & melee all 3 of you in a bubble with Helm of St14 on when Skolas has next to no health is aggravating. We just started rotating when a Captain came instead of the usual shotty method, though. Not that bad. Still no Shadow of veils. I did 2 judgement's chance & got arms for Titan & auto rifle :(. I used my other core's for the actual armor this time.

Got a No Land Beyond, something I can't remember, and my 6th Gjallarhorn on my NF runs :(. Where are my new exotic boots/helms?

Well Bungie is addressing my complaint-- a $20 digital CE upgrade pack will be released for the bonuses.
$20 for that stuff doesn't sound like that much better of an option than they originally offered. I think the best bet is to buy the CE from GS and try to ebay the stuff. I'm sure the Strange Coin would sell for $40 or so on there and if the expansion packs are download codes you could probably get $5-10 each for them.

I'm kind of anti-digital but why would anyone on earth buy the Digital CE upgrade for the same $80 price as the physical version?

I defeated Skolas with an LFG group a couple weeks back when they patched out the elemental burns and turned on lightswitch for the last day before the reset and it was a bit of a pain. You really have to keep rotating around the map and be wary of the Captains and Skolas because they will one shot you even through a titan bubble. I'm sure there are better modifiers to defeat him on now, but truthfully I haven't even paid attention to the fight since they changed it.

$20 for that stuff doesn't sound like that much better of an option than they originally offered. I think the best bet is to buy the CE from GS and try to ebay the stuff. I'm sure the Strange Coin would sell for $40 or so on there and if the expansion packs are download codes you could probably get $5-10 each for them.

I'm kind of anti-digital but why would anyone on earth buy the Digital CE upgrade for the same $80 price as the physical version?
The digital CE would only be $60 ($40 for The Taken King + $20 CE upgrade) provided you already have the game and previous expansions. I agree that $20 is too much for what the CE upgrade actually offers, BUT the important thing is that it now exists as an option, and will probably go on sale eventually ($5 feels like the right price). And in any case, for Destiny fans that absolutely have to have that stuff asap, at least $20 is better than $40.

bread's done
Back