Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Need to do crota for a helm to upgrade for hunter with health regen from orbs, but worn out from destiny.
That's funny because I was making some hard choices yesterday on gear to delete and I chose to delete my helms with health regen from orbs. I figure they are only good for Hard Crota and I don't see myself doing that much any more. I want to keep at least one armor piece from each activity (VoG, Crota, PoE, Trials Watcher and Exile gear, both sets of Iron Banner) plus all the exotics. So if I had the versions with increased super energy from killing minions of darkness I kept that one instead. Though I may still have the orb one for the Hunter - of course the other two have an exotic that does the same thing.

The ones I am keeping multiples of are the VoG chest pieces since they have the extra ammo for special weapon perk (instead of either shotgun, sniper, or fusion) paired with a primary. If I had one each for pulse, scout, and hand cannon I'd be set on those (I think I have 2 of those 3 on each char). I'm also keeping multiple PoE pieces for now - though I will gravitate towards keeping just the Fallen perk stuff in case I ever try to beat Skolas again. I'm not sure that is ever happening with people doing nothing but Trials these days.

I still need to get a 32 PoE and a couple of 34's.

I did get my Titan to rank 5 last night and then stayed up way too late to finish off my Hunter as well. I hit a bad patch of losing matches at like 4am and what I thought would be a quick match or two to get to rank 5 took over an hour instead. So all I have left is my Warlock who is already at 4 1/4. So I'll be done with IB soon enough.

Like you twiztid, I have about 20 etheric light - and that is without even getting much from Trials this weekend (I got 3 so far). I'm hoping to try for a flawless run later with my Warlock but the other two guys I play with aren't responding. Sometimes with this game it makes me feel like I'm 10 years old all over again. I was the kid who organized all my friends for nerf tag or nerf football - the games would never happen unless I took the initiative and got everyone together.

Also twiztid, I know what you mean about people going Flawless and then not caring any more. A few weeks ago a friend of a friend played with us and we got to 7-0 pretty easily. But that guy had already started a card and that got him flawless. So he went to the Lighthouse and then my friend convinced him to come back and help us try to finish off our card. He played like crap after that (rushed off by himself and died where we couldn't revive him) because I guess he just didn't care any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny because I was making some hard choices yesterday on gear to delete and I chose to delete my helms with health regen from orbs. I figure they are only good for Hard Crota and I don't see myself doing that much any more. I want to keep at least one armor piece from each activity (VoG, Crota, PoE, Trials Watcher and Exile gear, both sets of Iron Banner) plus all the exotics. So if I had the versions with increased super energy from killing minions of darkness I kept that one instead. Though I may still have the orb one for the Hunter - of course the other two have an exotic that does the same thing.

The ones I am keeping multiples of are the VoG chest pieces since they have the extra ammo for special weapon perk (instead of either shotgun, sniper, or fusion) paired with a primary. If I had one each for pulse, scout, and hand cannon I'd be set on those (I think I have 2 of those 3 on each char). I'm also keeping multiple PoE pieces for now - though I will gravitate towards keeping just the Fallen perk stuff in case I ever try to beat Skolas again. I'm not sure that is ever happening with people doing nothing but Trials these days.

I still need to get a 32 PoE and a couple of 34's.

I did get my Titan to rank 5 last night and then stayed up way too late to finish off my Hunter as well. I hit a bad patch of losing matches at like 4am and what I thought would be a quick match or two to get to rank 5 took over an hour instead. So all I have left is my Warlock who is already at 4 1/4. So I'll be done with IB soon enough.

Like you twiztid, I have about 20 etheric light - and that is without even getting much from Trials this weekend (I got 3 so far). I'm hoping to try for a flawless run later with my Warlock but the other two guys I play with aren't responding. Sometimes with this game it makes me feel like I'm 10 years old all over again. I was the kid who organized all my friends for nerf tag or nerf football - the games would never happen unless I took the initiative and got everyone together.

Also twiztid, I know what you mean about people going Flawless and then not caring any more. A few weeks ago a friend of a friend played with us and we got to 7-0 pretty easily. But that guy had already started a card and that got him flawless. So he went to the Lighthouse and then my friend convinced him to come back and help us try to finish off our card. He played like crap after that (rushed off by himself and died where we couldn't revive him) because I guess he just didn't care any more.
Well you and I need to get a great 3rd & try. My warlock is only char I want to go flawles with, but I'll want the chest armor for all 3 next week. I went on hunter not even trying to, so that's possible. I now have the weapons I need to beat the great teams that have 3 people with 3550 grim score (we did that a few times). Sucks my one other reliable guy is only on 360, else we could practice together. I wish we could just pick one map to practice on. Everyone knows what it will be now. I hate that all the gloves had scout, auto, or pulse, but the hunter had pulse (red death), and that's one I have 2 different awesome hand cannon reload arms with. Bought dead orbit for titan now, and had watcher ones, but those look atrocious, so I'll dismantle them now. I will use my commendations to get to rank 2 to buy hand cannon from dead orbit for warlock tomorrow. It sucks were not on at the same time mostly, so it may have to be on the weekends.

Also, thebcrota helm...I have one with health regen by orb, but its all strength. I want something that's helpful in pvp & pve. I hate having to wear mask of third man to sword bear in hard crota. I want one of each helm, and I have a health regen by orb on other 2 classes, but not ascended. I haven't needed those & they're ugly. I love the look of the hunter one & tried forever just to get one, so I want to ascend one. I had a full discipline one with melee orb cool down, but felt I needed one perfect, else I wouldn't wear it. The minions of darkness one (or non-guardian kills....same thing) is only useful in pve, and I don't need more helmets for pve.

well all right, all right.  I did rather well in the IB tonight.  After only a couple of hours got to Rank 3 and got me some of that fan-dangled Etheric Light that the cool kids talk about.  But more than that, I just kicked ass.  I'm just flat out not a PvP guy.  But I was carrying teams and often turning the tide to rally the team and pull off some unexpected comebacks.  Usually the only thing I'm carrying are grocery bags. 

I'm feeling pretty good about my online gaming prowess right now, heh.  Next time, I'm hitting the IB from day one and gonna spend most of my time getting all three characters ranked up. 

chubbyninja1319 said:
I'm feeling pretty good about my online gaming prowess right now, heh. Next time, I'm hitting the IB from day one and gonna spend most of my time getting all three characters ranked up.
Nice. keep in mind your second/third characters will now get a 2x bonus on IB rep, which stacks on top of the already really high boon for Monday. You might be able to get at least one other character to rank 3 pretty easily tonight - probably just with a few wins and the easy bounties (10,000 exp and 15 control points if not a few of the others).

I would have, but had to get to bed. Next time. That 2x rep is nice.

Still on my Destiny to-do list is Skolas. Can anyone give me a hand taking him out once this week?

Today is community day...so what did we get? I'm stuck at work.
They teased an emblem and more details about all the 'great' stuff we will be getting as Year 1 players, but I haven't seen any confirmations yet. Probably won't go live until later today since Bungie is on the West Coast.

Also for anyone interested it looks like Bungie is featured in the PSN Creators show with Wil Wheaton premiering today:

https://www.playstationnetwork.com/creators-us

I would have, but had to get to bed. Next time. That 2x rep is nice.

Still on my Destiny to-do list is Skolas. Can anyone give me a hand taking him out once this week?
Adding onto some of the discussions that people have posted about Skolas, I think the best way to do it is to have 2 people with experience and one person who hasn't run it before (but is at least familiar with the mechanics of the fight). One experienced person with 2 who haven't defeated him before might be too much to handle. Lightswitch modifier does suck, but the Primary weapons damage boost does help a lot in taking out the adds. The left side is probably a worse position to be in because the captains can spawn right next to you or rush you right up the ramp made by the wing of the aircraft and that is almost an instant wipe unless you are already on the move to the right side.

How many people here have consistently done weekly Skolas kills since they nerfed the burn strategy? I have only taken him down 1 or 2 times since then. I am down to help out if we have a 2nd who has done it before, but probably not possible this week as I am leaving for vacation in a couple days and will have limited access during that time frame. Will probably barely be able to get through the easy stuff this week, unless this place has a good internet connection, which is unlikely.

Got all my triumphs already.  Ended up getting the gold chests because I was bored as hell one week.  All of them seem quite easy to be honest.  The emblem does look cool.

Speaking of look cool...

19492525762_7e3e842c83_n.jpg

So sexy. :drool:   Going to be getting that for sure.

How in the hell do I only have 19/20 gold chests?  I thought I picked all of those up ages ago.  I hope this isn't some type of glitch like the ghosts that wouldn't register until HoW came out.

They teased an emblem and more details about all the 'great' stuff we will be getting as Year 1 players, but I haven't seen any confirmations yet. Probably won't go live until later today since Bungie is on the West Coast.

Also for anyone interested it looks like Bungie is featured in the PSN Creators show with Wil Wheaton premiering today:

https://www.playstationnetwork.com/creators-us

Adding onto some of the discussions that people have posted about Skolas, I think the best way to do it is to have 2 people with experience and one person who hasn't run it before (but is at least familiar with the mechanics of the fight). One experienced person with 2 who haven't defeated him before might be too much to handle. Lightswitch modifier does suck, but the Primary weapons damage boost does help a lot in taking out the adds. The left side is probably a worse position to be in because the captains can spawn right next to you or rush you right up the ramp made by the wing of the aircraft and that is almost an instant wipe unless you are already on the move to the right side.

How many people here have consistently done weekly Skolas kills since they nerfed the burn strategy? I have only taken him down 1 or 2 times since then. I am down to help out if we have a 2nd who has done it before, but probably not possible this week as I am leaving for vacation in a couple days and will have limited access during that time frame. Will probably barely be able to get through the easy stuff this week, unless this place has a good internet connection, which is unlikely.
I've done it 3 times a week every week until this past week I passed on 2 of my characters since I have everything I need. That would have been much easier with new folks. I know vets that pass during lightswitch week.

What is community week?

I like the triumph award thing from Bungie, cool.  I need a couple of golden chests and, you guessed it, PoE on Hard/Skolas.  Not bad for only 365 hours, lol. 

^^^ I need 3 chests and Skolas^^^

Would probably help if I played Destiny; somehow I got really hooked on Marvel Contest of Champions on iOS though.

I'm really confused. What are people getting for the chests and Skolas? I think Vendetta and I cleared out all the chests a while back (when we were bored in the lull between TDB and HoW) so I should have that. I take it we get more stuff I have no room for!?

I have not done Skolas since the burns. I'd be up for it but maybe not this week with Lightswitch.

The Nightfall this week is not as easy as the last two weeks. Vendetta and I two-manned one last night. We wiped once but then got it done. The combination of arc burn and lightswitch is kind of a pain. The hard part is the Walker since there are so many arc-shooting Vandals and the Walker itself. Taniks you can take down in seconds, though, with a good arc sniper and/or Thunderlord.

On the other hand, the Weekly Heroic is cake this week, being Sepiks with solar burn.

I'm really confused. What are people getting for the chests and Skolas? I think Vendetta and I cleared out all the chests a while back (when we were bored in the lull between TDB and HoW) so I should have that. I take it we get more stuff I have no room for!?

I have not done Skolas since the burns. I'd be up for it but maybe not this week with Lightswitch.

The Nightfall this week is not as easy as the last two weeks. Vendetta and I two-manned one last night. We wiped once but then got it done. The combination of arc burn and lightswitch is kind of a pain. The hard part is the Walker since there are so many arc-shooting Vandals and the Walker itself. Taniks you can take down in seconds, though, with a good arc sniper and/or Thunderlord.

On the other hand, the Weekly Heroic is cake this week, being Sepiks with solar burn.
http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/07/destiny-year-one-laurea-prima-emblem-bungie-day/

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13117

Yeah that was my fault for pushing a bit too much and being in a bad position. Lightswitch was more what caused our wipe than the arc burn.

Vendetta_x360 said:
http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/07/destiny-year-one-laurea-prima-emblem-bungie-day/

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13117

Yeah that was my fault for pushing a bit too much and being in a bad position. Lightswitch was more what caused our wipe than the arc burn.
Yeah, lightswitch is also tough on the Walker part since you get rushed from two sides by arc-shooting, blade-wielding enemies.

Ok, so here's the full list:

Here’s the list of triumphs which need to be completed:
•Bane of Atheon: Defeated Atheon on Hard
•Bane of Crota: Defeated Crota on Hard
•Bane of Skolas: Defeated Prison of Elders on Hard
•Chest Hunter: Find All Golden Chests
•Crucible Gladiator: Won 100 Crucible matches
•Defeated the Dark Heart of the Black Garden
•Light in the Dark: Prevented the summoning of Crota’s Soul
•Light of the Reef: Captured Skolas in the Citadel
•Public Servant: Completed 50 Public Events

I dunno, man, not sure if I've got those 50 public events done yet ;).

Yeah, got it covered:

[attachment=15546:destiny_triumph.jpg]

So I wonder if this will be more or less rare than the exotic emblem from Trials?  I know that a lot of people I see in Trials who are really good PvP players don't seem to have much grimoire (indicating they don't do much of the PvE stuff).  I'm just glad they didn't make a Lighthouse trip one of the requirements for this!

I cropped out the amount of time it shows I've put into the game at the upper right corner.  That is a scary number and I really can't believe it is true.

Yeah, lightswitch is also tough on the Walker part since you get rushed from two sides by arc-shooting, blade-wielding enemies.
Not bad at all when you use the upper room with the balcony. You just need one other person to hang back in the room in order to keep the door open. Otherwise it'll shut on you.

Tried to solo once before using that spot and had the door close and crush me. Didn't know that could happen, lol.

And no kidding on the gametime. Just saw my number in the companion app... scary. Even I think it's too high and I'm the one who put in the time.

Lame, we don't even get these emblems until Taken King comes out?  It would be sort of cool to rock it now - by then it won't be all that special.

Yeah, got it covered:

attachicon.gif
destiny_triumph.jpg

So I wonder if this will be more or less rare than the exotic emblem from Trials? I know that a lot of people I see in Trials who are really good PvP players don't seem to have much grimoire (indicating they don't do much of the PvE stuff). I'm just glad they didn't make a Lighthouse trip one of the requirements for this!

I cropped out the amount of time it shows I've put into the game at the upper right corner. That is a scary number and I really can't believe it is true.
The amount of time listed is how much you have to complete the tasks before the September 9th deadline. 2 months and 2 daze....

I found my last chest. It was the one in the cosmodrome way out on the rocks in the forgotten shore. Now I just have to wait 2 months for the emblem that I won't have space for.

The amount of time listed is how much you have to complete the tasks before the September 9th deadline. 2 months and 2 daze....
D'oh! That makes sense. Though stupid that it shows it when you are done. Still, it probably isn't too far off my actual number of days spent on this game which is the scary part ;).

if anyone is up for Nightfalls (and then PoE) I may be on in an hour or so to knock those out.

Yea sorry man, I felt pretty burnt out from this game tonight.  Ran the NFs with Simo earlier and nobody was motivated to play much after that including myself.   I kind of did the same thing last night, logged on, thought about doing some PoE stuff before reset, even posted some on LFG, but ended up not even taking a couple invites that I received.  Probably too much iron banner this past week.

Hah - yeah, I get it.  I ended up getting the NF's done.  Am looking to do any PoE's Weds night if anyone is around - though I'm not itching to do those either, really.

Hah - yeah, I get it. I ended up getting the NF's done. Am looking to do any PoE's Weds night if anyone is around - though I'm not itching to do those either, really.
I will be. Let me know if you see me on. I'm down for any of them.

Also, I'm good on the triumphs. I guess you only get one, though? I was hoping I'd have one for eachcharacter, but I know I don't have all gold chests on my 3rd character.

I bet the triumph banner will come just like the DLC from the collectors edition, at the special package vendor where you can get it with all characters and multiple times should you delete it.

I should be on tonight and down for whatever. PoE's at 32 or 34 would be good. 

Nothing of note from the nightfall.  Strange Coin and 2 shitty Legendary Weapons.  I just want the Bones of Eos... Not asking much game.  Or a Celestial Nighthawk with a better roll than the shitty one I have :bomb:

I did get another set of Ahamkara's Claw from a Legendary.  Of course/Thankfully a shittier roll.  I am running so low on Hadronic Essence because I kept getting better rolled gear for my Warlock.

Did a 35 Skolas last night and got a Dreg's Pride II with Solar.  So I have 2 Solar HC's now :)

Ended up squeezing in another Skolas this morning and didn't get anything.  I don't really need to do anything aside from my planned 3rd Skolas run tonight.  Still hoping for a Wolves Leash w/Void :drool:  Though I should probably run 32 and 34 on my Titan to get my last elder cipher done. :)

Also io, this is the gaming monitor that I purchased that we were discussing last night.  Love this thing.  It made all the difference for me in PvP.  Virtually no input lag. :D

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-RL2755HM-27-inch-Official-Monitor/dp/B00RORBPCO/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1436388359&sr=1-3&keywords=benq+gaming+monitor

And this is the 24" version:

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Gaming-Monitor-RL2455HM-24-Inch/dp/B007HSKSMI/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1436388359&sr=1-1&keywords=benq+gaming+monitor

Nothing of note from the nightfall. Strange Coin and 2 shitty Legendary Weapons. I just want the Bones of Eos... Not asking much game. Or a Celestial Nighthawk with a better roll than the shitty one I have :bomb:

I did get another set of Ahamkara's Claw from a Legendary. Of course/Thankfully a shittier roll. I am running so low on Hadronic Essence because I kept getting better rolled gear for my Warlock.

Did a 35 Skolas last night and got a Dreg's Pride II with Solar. So I have 2 Solar HC's now :)

Ended up squeezing in another Skolas this morning and didn't get anything. I don't really need to do anything aside from my planned 3rd Skolas run tonight. Still hoping for a Wolves Leash w/Void :drool: Though I should probably run 32 and 34 on my Titan to get my last elder cipher done. :)

Also io, this is the gaming monitor that I purchased that we were discussing last night. Love this thing. It made all the difference for me in PvP. Virtually no input lag. :D

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-RL2755HM-27-inch-Official-Monitor/dp/B00RORBPCO/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1436388359&sr=1-3&keywords=benq+gaming+monitor

And this is the 24" version:

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Gaming-Monitor-RL2455HM-24-Inch/dp/B007HSKSMI/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1436388359&sr=1-1&keywords=benq+gaming+monitor
Damn you i'll been trying to get a solar dregs pride to complete one of each element for hand cannons. This stupid game gave me two void ones! The Bone of Eaos is the bomb that quad jump!

Damn you i'll been trying to get a solar dregs pride to complete one of each element for hand cannons. This stupid game gave me two void ones! The Bone of Eaos is the bomb that quad jump!
If it makes you feel any better, I got a shit perk for Dregs :bomb:

I just want one void scout. From PoE or ToO.... I would prefer the Trials one because the Scholar is so money but at this point I want one so I can get rid of one of these Word of Crotas.

Since I won't be on much for a week starting Friday I'd probably be down to run some PoE stuff tonight
I'll be on at 9:30-10 Pacific if that's not too late. We should at least be able to knock out 32/34 then.

bread's done
Back