Official CAG Test Drive Unlimited Referal Code Trading Post

A Murder of Crows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Updated:

Stuka, Cleaver, contact each other! You arell all that's left!!!

In Need

1. stuka Cleaver

you guys are all that's left!!!

Completed:
1. A Murder of Crows BillyG We traded, I recieved the cars! no word from billyG yet.
2. ShaunLEGEND Haggar
3. LinkinPrime Some other CAGer
4. Ruined Someone from another Forum
5. Halo1910 Halo's Brother's Friend

www.testdriveunlimited.com/referral-program

*EDIT*

Content is Live, and IT'S A TRADE, not a chain. Just trade codes!

You must trade codes, names and email addys. only one person needs to enter the info. Make sure the email addy you give each other is a VALID email addy. Doesn't have to be tied to XBL accounts....all they are doing is sending a code that you redeem on the Xbox Live Marketplace (accessible via the Dashboard).

THere may be some issues getting your redeemable code in. From LinkinPrime:

We are setting up an email address that will allow you to contact us directly so that we can check if the code was sent to you or not. We will also be able to provide users with their code if they did not receive the email so do not worry.

I will come here tomorrow and post that email address here in the Announcements and News section of the forum.

So if you submitted it and it said it worked but have still not received the email then you will be able to email us directly and we will send you your code.

We care about our fans and about our gamers and want to make sure that if you really did not get the email or were having tech issues but you successfully participated in the referral program that you get your code.

Best Regards,
Mattlab

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...71&postcount=7

Got the PM, though I have a concern - based on the wording on the card, it appears that only one person will get the free car (the referrer). It is most likely that only 1 out of the 2 people swapping will get the free cars - the one who enters the codes in first.

Meaning if Joe gets Jack to buy a game, Jack gives Joe his code and Joe gets the free cars. Joe's code is then marked as "used," so if Jack went to enter Joe's code as a referral it would not work as Joe was marked as referring Jack.

For this thread to work, it would have to be like this I believe:

1. Murder of Crows refers BillyG (billy gives his code to murder)
2. Murder of Crows confirms Billy's code works, gets his cars, and posts.
3. BillyG refers Halo (halo gives his code to billy)
4. Billy confirms Halo's code works, gets his cars, and posts.
5. Halo refers Ruined (ruined gives his code to halo)
6. Halo confirms Ruined's code works, gets his cars, and posts.
7. Ruined refers ??? (next person in line gives their code to Ruined)
8. Ruined confirms ???'s code works, gets his cars, and posts.

If this is cool, update the first post with this system and I will send halo my code and the next person in line can send me their code.

I'm SOMEWHAT in agreement here.

What i will try to do is call atari and chit chat to find out for sure how the referal program works. I think it would be silly/stupid to have the codes only work once....each code should work twice...once as "Your Code' and once as "Your Friend's Code"

If that is the case, you have the following options:

Chain:

1. Murder of Crows refers BillyG (billy gives his code to murder)
2. Murder of Crows confirms Billy's code works, gets his cars, and posts.
3. BillyG refers Halo (halo gives his code to billy)
4. Billy confirms Halo's code works, gets his cars, and posts.
5. Halo refers Ruined (ruined gives his code to halo)
6. Halo confirms Ruined's code works, gets his cars, and posts.
7. Ruined refers ??? (next person in line gives their code to Ruined)
8. Ruined confirms ???'s code works, gets his cars, and posts.

Or Trade:

1. Murder of Crows Trades codes with BillyG
2. Both enter codes on the site
3. Both confirm it works, thier codes are now invalid for anyone else

1. Halo and Ruined trade codes
2. Both enter codes on the site
3. Both confirm it works, both codes now dead.

rinse and repeat.

The problem i see with a chain is not knowing when the chain will "end" and therefore, possibly leaving the last person hanging.

I suggest that we attempt a trade first, and if the trade doesn't work, then we move to a chain method. This ensures that the only person "left out" doesn't "lose his code" in the process.

Anyone have any issues with this?

i may be able to get a second code. my friend is renting a game and he may get this so he wont know about the cars so i can maybe get a 2nd code.

According to the paper, you have to get a friend to buy the game, then enter your code and his code into the website to get your cars.

Where there is confusion, however, is what happens if both you and your buddy enter in the same codes? do you both get the cars, or does only one of you get them....

People are saying that, in order to make certain you get the cars, we should do a chain....i post my code, billyg gives me his code, i get cars. Next person gives billyg a code, he gets the cars. the 4th person gives the 3rd person a code, and person 3 gets the cars.

this goes all the way till either the cars are gone, or till there is no new people coming into the chain. this kinda screws the last person though, so the first person (being me) will give the last person my code as a referal, and if it doesn't work, i have another code i can use just in case.

the other possibility is trading. evry 2 people pair up and trade codes. this MIGHT work, but again, it might not. We kinda have to find out from atari either way.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']So has there been any word on whether only the first person gets it or not? Count me in regardless. Just pm me whoever is next.[/quote]

Not officially, the page is not even working yet. Still awaiting confirmation.

Got my code and I am in. Just need to know who I send my code to and who I get one from.

It wasn't too clear to me from the discussion in the thread, but if someone uses my code as the person they refered, I can still use my code again, this time as the referer, when it's my turn to refer someone, right?

Its up now:

Be one of the first 10,000 people to get these 2 high performance vehicle downloads.

Here's how to do it:
  • First both you and your friend buy Test Drive® Unlimited. Then enter your unique code and your friend's unique code into the following form. Codes can be found on the front inside cover of your manual*.
  • After you provide your code and your friend's code, you both will receive a Microsoft Xbox Live® Token via email. Once you receive your token, simply sign on to Xbox Live to redeem your token through Xbox Live® Marketplace. Enter the token to receive your 2 exclusive cars.
http://www.testdriveunlimited.com/referral-program/

I got a code, someone PM me. I'm at work I'll get you the code a little after 5pm PST.

EDIT: CODE TAKEN

Damn, LinkinPrime is right, looks like the content is up.

okay people, TRADE!

i've got a code from BillyG, but haven't gotten an email back from him yet.

Remember, you need your trade partner's name and email addy to make this work!

The preorder code is being emailed. Some people have already confirmed that they received it as well. Cars have to be purchased in game as well.

Halo and I never actually were on at the same time to trade so I'm going to try to PM people online in this thread now for names/codes.

edit: looks like no one is online, just going to PM Halo then.

Hey just wanted to shout out murder of crows for trying to get this thing organized.
I have pmed cleaver and am waiting on a response. Also Ruined I am online but I like to keep my status invisible.

Just out of curiosity, what cars are available?

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']Hey just wanted to shout out murder of crows for trying to get this thing organized.
I have pmed cleaver and am waiting on a response. Also Ruined I am online but I like to keep my status invisible.

Just out of curiosity, what cars are available?[/QUOTE]

edit: Already traded with someone.

Alright due to impatience, I sent a pm to cleaver, ruined & now haggar lol. Hopefully, I'll end up getting that e-mail =P. I will edit once someone replies that it finally worked.

It's just so frustrating because it's only the first 10,000 and I want to make sure I get in. If all goes well, Haggar and I should go through because cleaver hasn't responded yet & ruined already traded with someone else.

edit: just got it! thanks Haggar!

did you guys forget about stuka?

Anyway, I don't know if there are any of you out ther who didnt get the code...I didnt. Here's some info:

We are setting up an email address that will allow you to contact us directly so that we can check if the code was sent to you or not. We will also be able to provide users with their code if they did not receive the email so do not worry.

I will come here tomorrow and post that email address here in the Announcements and News section of the forum.

So if you submitted it and it said it worked but have still not received the email then you will be able to email us directly and we will send you your code.

We care about our fans and about our gamers and want to make sure that if you really did not get the email or were having tech issues but you successfully participated in the referral program that you get your code.

Best Regards,
Mattlab

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7963771&postcount=7

[quote name='A Murder of Crows']all trades mentioned.

if you have a successful trade, don't forget the ITrader report![/QUOTE]

Just as an update, yesterday Halo ended up trading with his brother's friend so I ended up trading with another guy off a different forum. So we both are done with our trades.

This is really pretty clever by atari. It looks like EA is following their lead, offering a free Mazda RX7 download for NFS:Carbon if you buy from gamestop.

[quote name='mietha']I need to trade codes, if anyone else has one available.[/QUOTE]
I have one.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Brak, or anyone else have a code I could use? I just picked up the game, so we could trade. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The promotion is over, the referral page where you input your codes is dead.

Damn...any word on whether the cars are gonna come back or was that a one-shot deal? Haven't really kept up.

Hella fun though, if not to just drive around the big island. Was just racing around haphazardly in the forest with some random guy.

[quote name='marioman64']anyone have one[/quote]I'm under the impression that this only lasted a limited time and has now expired.

bread's done
Back