Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is BS that the only cover RROD, gpu failures should be covered also. They know there machines are not reliable but will only admit to the RROD. If you pay 100$ to fix it you are now at 500$ invested, that's just not right.

In the case of the refurbs they send you they only give a 3 month warranty on those. That is not nearly enough time, it should be a year like the new systems. That is why I sent mine back, not going to take a chance on a machine that already makes strange noises.

[quote name='bkforyou']So I didn't get the typical red ring of death, but a more apparent hardware failure.

After playing couple games of COD4, I switched over to FIFA 08. In the middle of the game, the entire screen turned to bizarre patterns of pixels in all different colors. I could still hear the sound and the game was responding except, no video. Now, I either get the effed pixels or no video at all from the xbox 360.

Here's my problem....

My xbox 360 is out of warranty (2 yrs) and it's going to cost me about $100 to repair it. I could get it repaired or buy an arcade model with the replacement plan from best buy since I already have my 20gb hdd.

Should I send it for repair now and risk having it fail again which will cost me another $100? or Should I pick up a arcade model now or is there any price drops or revisions coming soon?

Are there any improvements in hardware for the arcade model? Any failures yet?

I will gladly accept any comments or suggestions. thanks![/QUOTE]

Honestly I would just call them and say I had the RROD.
What are they going to do about it? If they call you on it just say
"what?! well that's what it was doing when it was here...why are
you calling me just fix the damn thing! GRRRRRR"

I decided to pay the $99 and get it repaired. I didn't want to dish about 280 for arcade model and have it break. I would rather pay $99 and have the additional 1 yr warranty since that way, I can repair it 3 times equivalent to price of the arcade model.

Well less than 2 months after I got my 4th repaired 360 back it stopped reading discs. I fired an email off to them. I ain't paying for them sending me a system that was ready to shit the bed.

[quote name='porieux']Honestly I would just call them and say I had the RROD.
What are they going to do about it? If they call you on it just say
"what?! well that's what it was doing when it was here...why are
you calling me just fix the damn thing! GRRRRRR"[/quote]I've had a few friends that do that and if your repair request doesn't match the results they get at the repair center, they'll either send it back to you without contacting you or ask you to pay the repair cost. They have not, however, decided to just fix it for free since it was already there.

My FedEX box will be here friday for the replacement refurbished piece of crap system that broke within 24 hours (which replaced my system that lasted over a year), fun stuff.

I swear if they send me another 2006 piece of shit i'm gonna keep sending them back, working or not working (which this one was not).

it seems like microsoft loves to fuck its dear customers. I mean, we're dishing out hundreds of dollars. why can't they get their shit straight? If they keep pissing off the customers, then the whole efforts of vagina clown and the xbox community is BS.

hope my crapped 360 gets repaired properly and lasts awhile.

the other day when i booted my 360 up the screen was purple. i turned it off and back on and the screen was still purple. un-plugged everything,took the hd off put it back on and no problems...so far. i am hoping that maybe the vga cable wasn't fit snug and that caused the purple effect. if not,and this is the beginning of the end (of my second 360) then i need this to red ring.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've had a few friends that do that and if your repair request doesn't match the results they get at the repair center, they'll either send it back to you without contacting you or ask you to pay the repair cost. They have not, however, decided to just fix it for free since it was already there.[/QUOTE]

Well considering that sometimes people have the RRoD and then are able to have it work again for a while (or use the 'towel trick' etc) seems like they wouldn't be able to be that strict about it. Not doubting your story at all though, that sucks.

[quote name='braindeadalive']My FedEX box will be here friday for the replacement refurbished piece of crap system that broke within 24 hours (which replaced my system that lasted over a year), fun stuff.

I swear if they send me another 2006 piece of shit i'm gonna keep sending them back, working or not working (which this one was not).[/QUOTE]

Me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back