Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brak']Thank fuck I downloaded that Oblivion content right before it took a shit on me.[/QUOTE]

Oh, crap. I *knew* I was trying the towel trick for a reason.

Bollocks.

So how does this work? I bought my 360 probably last aug/sept of 06, have had RROD maybe 1 or 2 times, but surprisingly it worked after. since then no issues, other than freezing during long gameplay sessions. does that 3 yr warranty start from purchase date? also lets say i get the RROD again, do they repair or just send a whole new 360? i'm expecting my 360 craps out eventually at last once before the the warranty runs out. if they did end up sending a new 360, hopefully its it that better dvd drive/fan etc that are in more current made 360's

my replacement console is already making the audio error sounds that were the early precursors to the graphical glitches when my original 360 died.

I've had it... 2 weeks. Wonderful. Red Ring within a month? We'll see. I'll buy an arcade pack 360, send MS the bill and tell them to keep my broken POS if it happens.

Looks like I'm going to be getting a third Xbox 360. I sent out my first 360 to get repaired due to the dreaded RRoD, and I got the replacement unit on Thursday. Well, this one wouldn't open the disk tray when I first pushed the button.

Uh, oh, this doesn't look good. It worked on the second try. In addition, it makes grinding sounds whenever it stops reading a game disk, and does so in the middle of watching DVDs too. It doesn't seem to be scratching my disks yet, but I'm not going to let it get the chance. I just called Microsoft and they said that they would send me a "new" unit. I don't know if they mean "new to me" or brand-spanking-new. Here's to hoping I get one with HDMI and the new chips, but I highly doubt it.

FYI, for those of you who got the RROD, I got my first one on 9/23 and I just got my console back today. 3 weeks total turn-around time from my first call to 18004MYXBOX 'til I got my console back.

I got a new one back (made in 10/4/07), after my first one got the RRoD, but no HDMI.

Piece of motherfucking shit console. You make really shitty hardware Microsoft. God damn piece of shit. I got an E74 (hardware failure--one light) message today). This is my third console from that wretched company.

The thing turns on fine at least to the Dashboard, but I see noticeable artifacts and other shit on the screen. I'll leave it off and unplugged for a few more hours. I played Portal for about 2.5 hours today. That, by far is the longest the console has been on for gaming ever for me. Usually, I can only play for an hour at most.

I can't believe the shit hardware they put out. Third console since launch. I also have to send in the piece of shit steering wheel that they charge $130 for which includes the wonderful ability of burning your fucking house down. Way to motherfucking go MS. You fucking suck.

Edit: Please excuse my outburst. Looking at my stack of games, I've got 81 360 games right now. All were bought brand new. That's a shitload to put into a console. 8 games I just got in the last month as part of the B2G1F TRU has been having. It's not that unreasonable to have a piece of hardware run without problems for more than a year at the very least. But the third one? fuck.

man I am going through withdrawl already. I only called a few days ago. I still have my 360 even. I want to play halo 3 so bad. My 360 cant play discs so its even more torture. I can still use it just not to play halo 3. I could be playing with my 20 friends who are online right now. fucking microsoft.

Well, the piece of shit won't even turn on anymore.

Edit: Wonderful MS. Truly wonderful. Anyone know how to cause a 3-red light from an E74 error? The wonderful MS support's advice to me was to hope that my system breaks worse (3-red lights) so I get the free repair. How fucking great is that?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Well, the piece of shit won't even turn on anymore.

Edit: Wonderful MS. Truly wonderful. Anyone know how to cause a 3-red light from an E74 error? The wonderful MS support's advice to me was to hope that my system breaks worse (3-red lights) so I get the free repair. How fucking great is that?[/QUOTE]
By "won't turn on," do you mean it freezes during boot up? If so, it's probably ready to red-light. Just leave it turned on for a few hours, or overnight. Of course, if this is your third console, you've probably experienced that before (both of mine died that way).

If pressing the power button literally does nothing, I guess it sounds more like a PSU issue.

For anyone thats wondering... i called for my coffin a few weeks ago and when i received it i sent it that evening to mcallen tx. that took the standard three days and arrived in texas last friday. i called for an update not thinking much and was floored when they told me my console was sent out monday and will be here today or tomorrow. ridiculously fast turnaround for ms... less than three weeks i would say.

fuck yea

[quote name='GeneralJenkins']For anyone thats wondering... i called for my coffin a few weeks ago and when i received it i sent it that evening to mcallen tx. that took the standard three days and arrived in texas last friday. i called for an update not thinking much and was floored when they told me my console was sent out monday and will be here today or tomorrow. ridiculously fast turnaround for ms... less than three weeks i would say.

fuck yea[/quote]

Sometimes you wonder if it's too fast. I had mine break down right before the launch of Halo 3 and it took 20 days to ship and repair it. It hadn't been six days and I got the RRoD yesterday. Wow, thanks a lot, here we go again. I just bought the wireless wheel which I have to send back as well to get retrofit. fuck

My 360 had been acting up on me for a while now.

At first it started as random freezing while accessing demos, videos, and arcade games. I thought it was odd considering they should be been loading directly from the hard-drive.

Then in Halo 3 I'd randomly be asked which hard-drive I wanted to save to. Considering how there's only hard-drive attached and no memory card I thought that was a bad sign. What was worse is I'd be in the middle of an online match and it'd bring up the blade asking the question, causing my game to pause and lead to several deaths as I was basically standing around.

Four days ago I got three red lights for the first time. I turned the 360 off and tried it again. It worked. I wrote it off as a one-time fluke, even though I knew it was a matter of time.

Well, tonight the lights returned and this time they didn't go away. I unplugged the cables and hard-drive and booted with the hard-drive and it still gave me the lights. I was talking to a MS rep about five minutes later and my coffin will be sent out tomorrow morning.

Guess I'll be catching up on these PC games I haven't gotten around to.

My launch console decided to give th RRoD last night. Manufactured 10-21-05 almost a 2 year old. Guess I must have cursed it by getting in on the CC B1G1F sale glitch. Just bizarre that I had used it 2 nights ago with no problem, but when I went to turn it on last night, immediate red rings. I love the troubleshooting step support had me try. Turn the console off for 10 seconds and turn it back on. LOL. Now to wait for the coffin.:bomb:

[quote name='GeneralJenkins']For anyone thats wondering... i called for my coffin a few weeks ago and when i received it i sent it that evening to mcallen tx. that took the standard three days and arrived in texas last friday. i called for an update not thinking much and was floored when they told me my console was sent out monday and will be here today or tomorrow. ridiculously fast turnaround for ms... less than three weeks i would say.

fuck yea[/quote]

My coffin arrived in mcallen yesterday or today. What number do you call for an update?

After a long hassle with UPS, I finally got my console back. It appears that I've received a brand new console, manufactured in September, 2007.:bouncy:

[quote name='shieryda']After a long hassle with UPS, I finally got my console back. It appears that I've received a brand new console, manufactured in September, 2007.:bouncy:[/quote]
When did they start making hdmi consoles?

fuck yea[/quote]

I'd be a bit wary of things. My first console I sent in went just like that. A replacement was sent out the day after the broken unit was received, like a 1 week total turnaround. Unfortunately, I was sent a unit that was less functional than the one I sent it.

It's almost like they slapped a label on a broken unit they had just received and shipped it to me.

Unless it's a hard drive problem, they tell you not to send in your drive so you should be safe.

I've read the last nearly 100 posts(2 pages) and I haven't seen anything about this so I figured I'd ask.

I just started getting GPU artifacts when I play any games on my 360:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t463408.html

The games play fine aside from the messed up graphics, anyone else been in a similar situation? I'm wondering if this is a definite precursor to a RROD scenario. Also, how has MS been about fixing this problem past the 1 year warranty? I'll call them tomorrow but just wanted to hear from the community.

Thanks.

[quote name='Mojimbo']

The games play fine aside from the messed up graphics, anyone else been in a similar situation? I'm wondering if this is a definite precursor to a RROD scenario. Also, how has MS been about fixing this problem past the 1 year warranty? I'll call them tomorrow but just wanted to hear from the community.

Thanks.[/quote]That looks similar to what I had. I can't say for sure, since the moment I saw odd graphical glitches on the Dashboard and the game menu (PGR4), I quit out and restarted. Mine was more like burn-in looking random grids and boxes on the screen.

The bad news for me was that it didn't result in a RROD but an E74 "hardware failure" error. I got the one red sector on the bottom right.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Unless it's a hard drive problem, they tell you not to send in your drive so you should be safe.

I've read the last nearly 100 posts(2 pages) and I haven't seen anything about this so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks.[/quote]

Pretty similar to what happened to my 360. It had a weird shimmer/flicker in various textures. In both Halo 3 and Fatal Inertia, the shimmer would shift from the sky, to the ground, to both, sometimes rapidly sometimes slowly. Kinda looked like an 8-bit image being displayed on a 24-bit display as well.

About a week after that it started to RROD.

Well, the first replacement console almost lasted a year. Whoopee fucking do!

Any help to expedite the replacement would be greatly appreciated. I wish I was rich like Cheapy and could buy a replacement and get a free clock, instead of being clocked by Microsoft!

[quote name='ITDEFX'] mine died 28 days after i bought it :O...[/quote]
That is both sad that it only lasted 28 days and amazing that it was 28 days. I love the 28 " " Movies.

I'm just hoping that my 360 doesn't die right when Mass Effect comes out. My first one died when GeOW came out.

And like people have said before, this belongs in the support thread. If a mod would be so kindly obliged to move this...

I recently got my 360 back and of course all the stuff I have downloaded only works when my main account is online.

This is a problem since my brother likes to play arcade games and downloadable content on his profile. The biggest problem is Shivering Isles, I downloaded this to my profile but my brother plays it all the time.

Can I still call up microsoft and ask them to reimburse my points? If so who do I call and what should I say?

Thanks

[quote name='Sockey']I recently got my 360 back and of course all the stuff I have downloaded only works when my main account is online.

This is a problem since my brother likes to play arcade games and downloadable content on his profile. The biggest problem is Shivering Isles, I downloaded this to my profile but my brother plays it all the time.

Can I still call up microsoft and ask them to reimburse my points? If so who do I call and what should I say?

Thanks[/quote]
If you delete it and redownload it with your main account I think it should work like it used to. if it doesn't, yeah ms might reimburse points.

i got a 360 from costco on 10/15 manufacturered in august 07, had an rrod crash the next day 10/16. It's only a temporary crash as I can restart it. The problem is it seems to be getting more frequent over the days :( Atleast I can return at the store since it's so soon.

[quote name='saqqy']i got a 360 from costco on 10/15 manufacturered in august 07, had an rrod crash the next day 10/16. It's only a temporary crash as I can restart it. The problem is it seems to be getting more frequent over the days :( Atleast I can return at the store since it's so soon.[/QUOTE]
With Costco, you can return it ANYTIME. Remember that.

Mine's in the process of dying (I haven't offically been RROD'ed yet, but I'm getting a weird checkerboard pattern along with freezeups which I was told is the beginning of the end. Fortunately, rather than shipping it off to Microsoft, I get to cash in my Product Replacement Plan from Best Buy and upgrade to an Elite for another 50 bucks :)

Ive been RROD'd twice in two days :(

third console here I come.

And seriously dont buy anyhting off live, the console will break down and youll have to go through a week long process of reimbursementt.

[quote name='torifile']With Costco, you can return it ANYTIME. Remember that.[/quote]
Not true, Costco's return policy is 90 days now. Too many people abused the system. Does anyone know what city MS repair center is located in?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']McAllen, Texas.[/quote]
It says my 360 arrived in DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P,
TX, US yesterday at 5 pm and doesn't say it has a departure scan. Should I be worried?

[quote name='J7.']It says my 360 arrived in DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P,
TX, US yesterday at 5 pm and doesn't say it has a departure scan. Should I be worried?[/quote]It's just a ways down from Dallas/Ft. Worth near the US/Mexico border, so if it didn't get there today, they'll likely drop it off tomorrow.

Well my 360 broke, I took it to Best Buy and thanks to their excellent PRP I walked out with a brand new Halo 3 LE console without having to pay extra. I'm currently on my 5th console now and have only had to pay for the first console + the PRP so the PRP was absolutely worth it and I'm planning on extending it another 2 years once it expires.
I'm just glad I don't have to worry about this hassle MS is giving us with the coffins.

I should be getting my console back sometime tomorrow. This after I first reported the console as RROD (to Microsoft) on September 5th. Took me a good long three weeks just for the box to arrive. I think I'm going to demand a few months of Live on Microsoft considering that my Live membership ran through the month of September and the inconvenience of being 360-less (MP3:C does help a little) for almost two months.

Mine lit me up yesterday...after no sign of having any trouble at all. I was playing on Live and I heard a weird beep and the screen went black and I got the happy little rings.... Really upsets me. It has sat on the same well vented shelf all its life, only moved it to dust it once a week.

MS said I would get the box in 2-3 days? Is that BS?

[quote name='hx214']Mine lit me up yesterday...after no sign of having any trouble at all. I was playing on Live and I heard a weird beep and the screen went black and I got the happy little rings.... Really upsets me. It has sat on the same well vented shelf all its life, only moved it to dust it once a week.

MS said I would get the box in 2-3 days? Is that BS?[/QUOTE]

4-5 is more close to reality.

4-5 is more close to reality.

Oh that ain't bad, I was thinking more 2 weeks...

P.S. - I notice some of you guys on here are saying that you don't have the 3 red lights and MS is saying you can't get the replacement because you don't meet the warranty requirements. I don't know if its YMMV but my cousins went out a month ago, and he was just having disk errors and no lights, but he got so pissed off that he just called and told them he was getting the lights and they sent him a fixed one with no problems. (He said it took them 2 weeks to send him his coffin though)

[quote name='ihadFG']That is both sad that it only lasted 28 days and amazing that it was 28 days. I love the 28 " " Movies.

I'm just hoping that my 360 doesn't die right when Mass Effect comes out. My first one died when GeOW came out.

And like people have said before, this belongs in the support thread. If a mod would be so kindly obliged to move this...[/QUOTE]

well im expecting mine to die when I get Ace Combat 6 this week.

Coming up on the year anniversary of my original box. I'm on refurb #1 and this one started freezing after games in TF2. Hopefully its team fortress, as freezes were the beginning of the retail box's death.

My launch unit just red ringed a couple of days ago while playing Orange Box. Booted up fine right after and been playing ever since, just hoping that it will hold out until GH3.

What is the current turnaround time for a new 360?

MS received my 360 on the 10th of this month and it's in transit from KY to IL right now. Not bad 14 day turn around from when their got my package assuming I get it tomorrow, 23/24 days total since I originally called on the 1st of this month.

[quote name='hx214']Oh that ain't bad, I was thinking more 2 weeks...

P.S. - I notice some of you guys on here are saying that you don't have the 3 red lights and MS is saying you can't get the replacement because you don't meet the warranty requirements. I don't know if its YMMV but my cousins went out a month ago, and he was just having disk errors and no lights, but he got so pissed off that he just called and told them he was getting the lights and they sent him a fixed one with no problems. (He said it took them 2 weeks to send him his coffin though)[/QUOTE]

That's more or less what I did. My system began freezing, and although I knew it was the precursor to the RROD, I hadn't actually had it happen yet.

Shortly after I got off the phone with them, it RROD'd every time I booted it up, save for one time, 4 days later. Which was somewhat pleasant, since I could download the Oblivion thing (Fighter's Stronghold?) while it was free.

I was out of town when my coffin arrived, so it took either 4 or 5 days. Dropped it off at UPS Monday, and hope to have it back in 3 weeks. Not going to hold my breath though.

I did receive my free consolation copy of PGR3 on the same day I got my coffin; nice of them to send my free game on the same day I have to salute my 360 as it begins its valiant journey to the great gamestore in the sky. :lol:

So, who has the most recent purchase/refurb to death time? I'm not comfortable in assuming that MS has genuinely fixed the problems with the console, and if some people here have dead consoles that came with the new heatsinks/chipsets/whatnot, then I'll be somewhat vindicated in thinking that.

Got the rrod about two and a half weeks ago, and called them the day it happened. After several calls to the help center and for some odd reason two of my repair orders being canceled I finally got my box today, and just dropped it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back