Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first RROD tonight, after playing only one of the songs on the GH3 demo :whistle2:( . Coffin is coming in 3-4 days. Good thing I ordered Guitar Hero online, and I expect it to arrive later than release day. Hopefully after my 360 comes back :whistle2:( .

Well, It finally happened My xbox died

Got the coffin on its way, well At lest I got orange box on PC to tide me over till Assassin's Creed

[quote name='menikmati']What is the current turnaround time for a new 360?[/quote]

Almost 5 weeks for me, from the day I requested the coffin to the day I received my replacement unit.

I'm in NY, though...so it took a freakin' week for the box to get here at the outset.

So what exactly are they doing to these 360's that are being sent in? Are they just repairing the faulty parts with the same faulty parts?

If so, it kinda seems like a circle jerk to me....

[quote name='JJSP']Myke, what did you have to do to get PGR from them?[/QUOTE]

The person I spoke with on the phone told me he was going to give me a deal by extending my warranty to three years from the date of purchase. Knowing everyone gets this, I pressed him to admit he was lying to me. After he disappeared from the phone for a few moments, he came back and offered me my choice of PGR3, Kameo, or something else (Viva Pinata, I think). I asked him if those were my only choices, perhaps pressing my good fortune.

Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, I told him I'd take PGR3. It arrived last week while I was out of town (but presumably the same day as my coffin).

So what exactly are they doing to these 360's that are being sent in? Are they just repairing the faulty parts with the same faulty parts?

Anybody got a clue as to what they actually do with these units?

I don't know it might be YMMV but like I said my cousin only had the 2 lights, he called them and told them that he had three lights and they replaced his for free. I would say it's worth a shot

[quote name='Chris Dillon']I got two rings of death and my warranty just expired that I paid for. I'm very upset. Will they replace me?[/quote]
Two lights is overheating. 3 is the general hardware failure classic "RRoD". Altho at this point, they may just not care and fix whatever they get.

I told them two but he then switched it to three. I corrected him and he said yeah three. I think he was doing it on purpose cause he spoke perfect english. Works out because I get a free month of live which I can't afford to renew right now and it runs out with 3 weeks and I just borrowed my friends second 360. He has an elite also so I wont miss a beat.

So MS has tried to call my house the past two days when I wasn't home to try and settle my dispute I put in with the BBB. I left them a better contact number, which they had noted on my account, along with a good time to call but lo and behold, the phone never rings.

At least they responded initially to the BBB dispute in a timely manner. Now to wait for them to call back.

Got the three ROD, but I unplugged everthing, and took off the HD and let it sit for awhile, and it came back to life, I thought once you got the three rings it was dead. I have run it several times, and it has been fine, should I send it back ? let me know if your did this, and how long it took to "die" again.

Thank you

I'm pretty fucking pissed.

I got my xBox back around two weeks ago. A few days ago my brother wanted to play shivering isles which I had downloaded on my old xBox. Since I got a new xbox (and shivering isles is linked to my old one) it wouldn't work on his profile. I knew this would be a problem but had delayed calling them. That day, after several hours of talking to hard to understand customer representatives, being put on hold, and having to call back later, one of the higher ups told me they would evaluate my account so they could reimburse all the MS points I had spent (and I could redownload the content on a new silver account). The Customer Service Rep told me they would call back within a week.

Today I got a call but wasnt home. MS left a voice mail telling me to call back. When I got home I called them. After getting past the automated messages and the lower representatives I got to a man who told me I wouldn't be needing the points. Instead he walked me through this process:
-Clear the cache
-Delete my gamertag (but not the items linked to it)
-Turn off Xbox
-Take out hard drive and leave it removed for 1 minute
-Turn on Xbox
-Recover gamertag
*While it was recovering (a lengthy process) he told me the rest of the instructions and hung up*
-Go to account management and redownload downloaded content from here.

I did all this and it didn't work. I even redid it and deleted the downloaded content before beginning the process. This didn't work either.

Now I am going to have to call MS back yet again. All I want is the fucking MS points so I can redownload everyting.

I am surprised there aren't more people angry at MS for this. I can't imagine your average Joe taking the time to go through this lengthy process so the rest of their family can play XBLA games and downloadable content.

Sorry for the long rant, I am just pissed about how long this is taking. But I have spent well over $150.00 on downloadable content and I don't intend to give it up.

"I am surprised there aren't more people angry at MS for this."
I think there is. Just seems there is nothing you can do against it. Hopefully it changes cause it is a giant load of crap.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']"I am surprised there aren't more people angry at MS for this."
I think there is. Just seems there is nothing you can do against it. Hopefully it changes cause it is a giant load of crap.[/quote]\

not to pissed, knew it mite happen just happy about the 3yr warranty

I'm not to pissed yet either, because they didn't give me crap about it. I just hope they fix my problem and don't use the same defective parts to patch up a refurb. I don't want this to become a crap shoot, in that I get a unit for 3 months it dies, I send it out for a month, comes back for 3, out for a month again... etc.

I refuse to spend more money on a new unit just because the orginal I bought had defective parts that the company refuses to fix correctly. Maybe after so many returns they will just issue you a new unit with the 65 processor, and it will be over

The ups man just came with my xbox, but the fucker didn't bother to even ring the doorbell, I guess because he didnt see a car in the middle of the day. He was already down the street by the time I got to the door to cuss him out. What a lazy fuck. Now I have to wait another day, and he might do the same thing tomorrow! Came back pretty fast though, they recieved my xbox in tx on the 18th.

Mine should be delivered today. It's out for delivery according to the UPS tracking page.

God I just want to play the GH3 demo again :(

add me to the list, almost 2 full years without a problem, but when i pressed the power button to shut off halo 3, BOOM! red rings ahoy :(

[quote name='Mojimbo']Is anybody getting their actual system back repaired or is it just another refurb?[/quote]

no one gets thier actual 360 back

Score another small victory for the towel trick! My friends 360 died so he ordered a coffin from M$ the other day.When he told me I had him google "360 towel trick" and he gave it a try since he's under full warranty and he was really happy when it worked. He was sp happy he went out and bought a PS3 to play once his coffin arrives to take away his temporarily unbroken 360. :D

Speaking of the towel trick. Mine died yesterday and I put in the repair order, I stumbled upon the towel trick and it worked and has been working since. When I get my box if it's still working should I send it in anyway.

Red Ringed last night. I'm thinking about buying a 65 nm version and trading my old one in when I get it back.

RROD
Time of Death: 10/26/07 at 1:45am
Cause of Death: Halo 3 Matchmaking

Witness on the scene statement:
All I did was watch and DVD before playing playing Halo 3 and bang RROD. It only been 5 months since I got it.

[quote name='fshaia']Got the three ROD, but I unplugged everthing, and took off the HD and let it sit for awhile, and it came back to life, I thought once you got the three rings it was dead. I have run it several times, and it has been fine, should I send it back ? let me know if your did this, and how long it took to "die" again.

Thank you[/quote]

I would probably go ahead and order the coffin, that way just incase you'll have it. Mine did that exact thing, I fixed it by unplugging everything and letting it rest and it worked a full week with no problems before completely RRoDing.

[quote name='Malik112099']no one gets thier actual 360 back[/QUOTE]Ok, I was just asking because Microsoft said in one of their Press Releases a while back(around the time they extended the warranty, I believe) that they were going to try to repair the system instead of sending out a replacement, if possible. Guess it's not possible.

[quote name='delapug']Speaking of the towel trick. Mine died yesterday and I put in the repair order, I stumbled upon the towel trick and it worked and has been working since. When I get my box if it's still working should I send it in anyway.[/quote]

It's only a matter of time before you get the red ring again. I used to get abt 6-8 hrs or playtime between towel tricks. You might wanna wait till it red rings again...or you could overheat it before sending it in. (which isn't too difficult)

guys when you ordered you coffin, could you go on the xbox tracking site and would it show up that a coffin is being sent to your house? I ordered mine on monday, and I thought it would be here today, but it didn't come, and I checked the site and it doesn't show that a repair has been requested.

Don't do the towel trick because you will be putting extra stress on other hardware components inside the 360 and potential causing damage to them. If people keep doing the towel trick it will result in 360's that are eventually sent in when they do RROD again liable to break from damages caused by the towel trick. Thus, you will be more likely to receive such a 360 when you send in yours for repair, and more likely to have it break when we pass the 3 year warranty period. By that time you will have to pay $ for the repairs.

ack

When I was about to play another team match with my friend, the dashboard came up and said UNABLE TO READ DISC for halo 3 then quit the game. So I got out and restarted halo 3. When trying to view a replay for halo 3, my 360 locked up :|

This is EXACTLY what happened when I had my first RRoD.. it was the E79 Error then the RRoD :(

I am back up but for some reason I can't play halo 3 anymore... it locks up my system! :( other games so far so good and not giving me any problems.

I am about to buy Ace Combat 6 this weekend..and I just bought the HD-DVD package from best buy. If my 360 dies, this will be my 2nd 360 to be replaced within a month from Microcenter. The first one lasted exactly 28 days... and now I am coming up on the next 28 days :|

So is my halo 3 fucked?

can I send the halo 3 to microsoft for exchange or am I SOL?

Yea If this one dies exactly 28 days later after the first exchange, then I am going to call the exchanges from now on, Xbox360: 28 days later edition. :p

I didn't get the RROD yet and I'm reaching the amazing two year milestone.

However, my friend just got his 360 back yesterday and guess what happended? UNREADABLE fuckING DISC! Are you kidding me? He didn't even have it for ONE WHOLE DAY OF USE AND IT GAVE HIM THAT ERROR!

So I gave him the ultimate advice: Return the 360 and buy a Core at Wal-Mart and return that within the 90 days. How can you guys sit around and not play your 360 in the meantime? Just charge a core on your credit card, pay it off and get your money back in 90 days. I'm suprised this isn't highly advocated as I read so many of you haven't taken advantage of the Wal-Mart return policy. It's not illegal as Wal-Mart gets their money back on returns. I can see if you are completely broke but otherwise not much of a execuse.

So if you don't get your original 360 back is there any chance of getting one back (refurb or not) that has the HDMI ports? That would almost make it worth it, freeing up a component spot on my tv.

Btw, when I brought my box into the UPS store the lady at the desk recognized it immediately.

[quote name='J7.']Is it true that if you purchased an extended warranty and they can't fix your original model you're entitled to a brand new 360, I just read that here:
http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/10/27/xbox-360-extended-warranty-information/[/QUOTE]

No, that's not true.

You'll get a replacement - could be new, could be refurbed. You're also not likely to get an enhanced version because they're so swamped with repairs. You'll get the first one available in matching trim.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']No, that's not true.

You'll get a replacement - could be new, could be refurbed. You're also not likely to get an enhanced version because they're so swamped with repairs. You'll get the first one available in matching trim.[/quote]
That is likely what will happen, but my question is if that corresponds to the actual contract for the extended warranty people paid for, like myself. Would be the least they could do because we paid for no reason now. If the contract says, for those who bought an extended warranty, that if they cannot fix your unit you get a new one then they should honor that.

My second one just busted today. When I asked the CS guy if he thought they were replacing the units with hardware that is less likely to RRoD he replied several times "Don't you worry." Don't you worry sounds a little weird here. I think it was just poor English.

Anyway, it wasn't that frustrating this time since my room mate has a 360.

[quote name='hx214']Guys when your coffin comes do you have to sign for it? Or do they just drop it off?[/QUOTE]

dropped it off.

[quote name='hx214']Guys when your coffin comes do you have to sign for it? Or do they just drop it off?[/quote]

I bet you'll get yours today dude.

Ya I finally just called them to make sure that they sent it, and the guy said, oh I see that you called on monday, and we shipped the box on thursday afternoon. So It should have been there today. I was like, today is Sunday Hahbeeb. He goes, oh.... (as in he doesn't realize that UPS doesn't ship on sundays) Then it should have been there by now, are you sure you didn't just not notice it on your porch or around back?........

So I said, Is there a number that that I can track it with or something, so he gave me this number to track it. I didn't even want to bother asking if I had to sign on delivery of the box because I figured he wouldn't know. It's still 2 states away so I doubt I will get it until tuesday, but oh well at least I know its been shipped. I was thinking I fell though the cracks.

(Oh I did ask them what they are actually doing to the broken consoles, as in are you actually trying to fix them or are you just repairing with the same parts that are going to break in another 3 months, and his response was, "Oh don't you worry!" for some reason, I don't feel reassured and cozy...)

I really don't understand how they can still hire these people that speak such HORRIBLE english. I understand that they work for like 5 bux a month, but I had to give the guy my address like 5 different times before he got it right.

My cousin said he had to sign for his coffin when his came, but my other buddy said that he didn't so I was just wondering if you guys had to sign for it also. If that was the case I was just going to have the depot hold it, because I don't get off work anywhere near the time the UPS guy comes.

Thanks for the info. though

[quote name='hx214']Ya I finally just called them to make sure that they sent it, and the guy said, oh I see that you called on monday, and we shipped the box on thursday afternoon. So It should have been there today. I was like, today is Sunday Hahbeeb. He goes, oh.... (as in he doesn't realize that UPS doesn't ship on sundays) Then it should have been there by now, are you sure you didn't just not notice it on your porch or around back?........

So I said, Is there a number that that I can track it with or something, so he gave me this number to track it. I didn't even want to bother asking if I had to sign on delivery of the box because I figured he wouldn't know. It's still 2 states away so I doubt I will get it until tuesday, but oh well at least I know its been shipped. I was thinking I fell though the cracks.

(Oh I did ask them what they are actually doing to the broken consoles, as in are you actually trying to fix them or are you just repairing with the same parts that are going to break in another 3 months, and his response was, "Oh don't you worry!" for some reason, I don't feel reassured and cozy...)

I really don't understand how they can still hire these people that speak such HORRIBLE english. I understand that they work for like 5 bux a month, but I had to give the guy my address like 5 different times before he got it right.

My cousin said he had to sign for his coffin when his came, but my other buddy said that he didn't so I was just wondering if you guys had to sign for it also. If that was the case I was just going to have the depot hold it, because I don't get off work anywhere near the time the UPS guy comes.

Thanks for the info. though[/quote]

Both coffins I received I didn't have to sign for. Just when the consoles were returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back