Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Francis']So if you don't get your original 360 back is there any chance of getting one back (refurb or not) that has the HDMI ports? That would almost make it worth it, freeing up a component spot on my tv.

Btw, when I brought my box into the UPS store the lady at the desk recognized it immediately.[/quote]

i didnt get my same xbox back... had a launch unit that i sent back because of rrod and got back a console manufactured 9-27-07 (new as hell) and didnt get an hdmi port. I even asked if i could pay to upgrade to an elite or a box with hdmi and they said no.

and also they guy that handles our ups out here at school knew what it was and said he sees them daily (small college town).

[quote name='Francis']So if you don't get your original 360 back is there any chance of getting one back (refurb or not) that has the HDMI ports? That would almost make it worth it, freeing up a component spot on my tv.

Btw, when I brought my box into the UPS store the lady at the desk recognized it immediately.[/quote]

I took mine in to the UPS store on Friday. Same guy working as when I took my other one back a couple months ago. He immediately recognized it (again) and said they already had 2 dropped off. (This was at 1pm.) The other guy said they expected probably 4 more before the end of the day.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, thankfully, so please inform me: Does MS have a site to track repair status using the reference number they give you? Or do I have to give them a call?

That's both sad and scary that your UPS location recognizes the "coffin".

It's like they know that someone's 360 is busted and is getting sent for repairs, but then they will keep an eye out for a box similar to it when it comes back in a few weeks knowing it's a fixed 360 and might jack it. :( Last year I read a newspaper report how a local UPS guy was caught ripping customers off by stealing their packages. The report indicated that the police found LCD tv's, speakers and 360's in the guy's apartment.

This is pretty sweet... sent mine in, just learned about checking manufactered date so I am getting one manufactered October 15th! That is pretty sweet... hopefully it wil be a good one. Now to wait pateintly until Wednesday when it will come... 33 day total turnaround time from making the call. It would have been shorter, but no car + lots of class=wait a couple days before sending in the coffin.

[quote name='regisphilbi0'] just learned about checking manufactered date so I am getting one manufactered October 15th![/quote]

I just got to know that I will be receiving a different console by checking the repair agent on the xbox support site. Is there a way I can find out what the manufactured date is from the serial number, or do I need to call customer support?

I just got back my 360!!! It's the same one I sent them, my launch model. It only took 7 days for them to make the repair and get it back in my hands!!! UPS took 5 days to ship it to them and it took about 3-4 days for the coffin to originally arrive. So a total of 15-16 days from the time I requested the coffin! Wow, I'm actually impressed. Now I hope the 360 stays okay.

SteveMCQ you can track your 360 at their support section on xbox.com.

[quote name='destinywaste']I just got to know that I will be receiving a different console by checking the repair agent on the xbox support site. Is there a way I can find out what the manufactured date is from the serial number, or do I need to call customer support?[/QUOTE]
Check the last 5 digits. First number is year manufacerted (i.e., mine is 7 so 2007.) Second is the week; mine is 42, so the 42nd week of the year (i.e., roughly October 15th). Final number shows the manufactering plant. Hope this helps!

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Check the last 5 digits. First number is year manufacerted (i.e., mine is 7 so 2007.) Second is the week; mine is 42, so the 42nd week of the year (i.e., roughly October 15th). Final number shows the manufactering plant. Hope this helps![/quote]
Thanks! Mine is week 37 of this year. So that's somewhere in Sep. Would this mean we are getting a brand new console?!:bouncy:

Addition to above... do they switch the serial number to repaired date from manufactered date? So, mine that indicates the 42nd week of October, 2007 could mean that that was when my console was repaired? Just curious.

[quote name='destinywaste']Thanks! Mine is week 37 of this year. So that's somewhere in Sep. Would this mean we are getting a brand new console?!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Maybe... I don't know for sure, check my previous post. I assumed that they would post the original serial number, but it is possible that they change serial numbers after fixing. I hope not, though.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Maybe... I don't know for sure, check my previous post. I assumed that they would post the original serial number, but it is possible that they change serial numbers after fixing. I hope not, though.[/quote]

My new SN is completely different from my previous one. Besides, my console was at their repair center for not more than a two days. It's more likely that they shipped a different one than repair it within a couple days considering the number of dead consoles they receive. Not sure, just speculating though.

BTW, I haven't been following updates on the newer models. I know they would have HDMI. Do they come with the new heatsinks?

I'll found out in two days for sure (mine is here on Wednesday) Also, destiny waste- I'm sending you a friend request. Maybe we can play on our (hopefully) new 360's.

Just sent mine off today, the guy at the ups store knew exactly that it was. He said they have been getting a lot of Xboxs in lately.

How long does the Repair Agent update with your repair status? I didn't have my console registered there, so I just put in the info, but I called them up yesterday. It doesn't show up on the product page though. I just wanted to follow up on it since I was told yesterday they'd fix it at half-price.

3 blinking red lights = death?

If so.. The 360 display console at the store I work at is dead now. :)
Not a great first impression for the people looking at the Xbox section!

aerotive.. could you post the last 5 digits of your new serial number? I would like to know once and for all if they represent manufactured date or repair date. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='regisphilbi0']aerotive.. could you post the last 5 digits of your new serial number? I would like to know once and for all if they represent manufactured date or repair date. Thanks in advance![/quote]

63907. 6=year, 39=39th week, correct?

Yeah, you are correct. I should have been able to figure it out from your post, it has been a long day homework wise and such (school sucks, btw.) Basiclally, it looks like DestinyWise and I are getting a new units! :) Sweet.

I got mine today... its brand spanking new! Manufactured Oct 15th, 2007. Also, for who was asking- no HDMI port for me. I thought that was weird, since all Xbox 360's have it now. AT least, I think they do. Oh well, I don't need it so I am SUPER happy with mine! Runs great.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I got mine today... its brand spanking new! Manufactured Oct 15th, 2007. Also, for who was asking- no HDMI port for me. I thought that was weird, since all Xbox 360's have it now. AT least, I think they do. Oh well, I don't need it so I am SUPER happy with mine! Runs great.[/quote]

I was too when i got mine back... manufacterd 9-29-07. The piece of shit just red ringed on me, and ive oly had it back 3 weeks.

now im gonna miss cod4, mass effect, rock band, assassins creed... well when they first come out that is. im so close to just buying a new one and returning it when i get mine back.

uhhh..

what does it mean when your green button on your system blinks like crazy during boot up, never shows the cycle ring and keep on blinking on dashboard? I mean it works, but I have never seen it do that before.

am I about to RRoD again? if I do, Red Ring by tomorrow, then it will be exactly 28 days after I exchanged the last one which red ringed 28 days after I bought it :(

Well my unit died last night and I am waiting for the coffin to come now. I am hoping that I get a new unit with an HDMI port but reading a couple posts here I guess that isn't going to happen.

so i called support yesterday to see if my console was almost on its way back. they said it finished repairing today and it would probably ship tomorrow. sounds great to me. i hang up. call back today. the guy says it finished repairing on the 24th but it still hasnt shipped yet. so there goes my hopes of having it back in time for the weekend. and wtf why wouldnt they ship it back right after they fix it. If i call back tomorrow and they say it still hasnt been sent back i am gonna be bringing a shit storm with me.

Ok guys I got a few questions......I'm one of those I try to avoid this thread as much as possible until it happens to me. My system red rings once in a while so if i reset the system everything is fine. But now it's freezing on the 360 logo splash screen. My question is I bought my box from Best Buy on Februrary 17, 2007 but I lost the reciept. Do you think they still do exchanges for this long and if so. How will I go about ever gettin another reciept or whatever. I know I will have to send it to Microsoft but I dont know if they will fix your box without proof of purchase. Ive read througout this thread no matter how many times you send it to get it fixed it keeps turning red, why can't Microsoft be consistent and just eliminate the stupid thing already?

What's the record for quickest dead system? I got mine back last thursday, and plugged it in Friday morning. by about 9pm Friday night I started getting "Unreadable Disc" and now have yet another basically dead system.

[quote name='popemogoth']Ok guys I got a few questions......I'm one of those I try to avoid this thread as much as possible until it happens to me. My system red rings once in a while so if i reset the system everything is fine. But now it's freezing on the 360 logo splash screen. My question is I bought my box from Best Buy on Februrary 17, 2007 but I lost the reciept. Do you think they still do exchanges for this long and if so. How will I go about ever gettin another reciept or whatever. I know I will have to send it to Microsoft but I dont know if they will fix your box without proof of purchase. Ive read througout this thread no matter how many times you send it to get it fixed it keeps turning red, why can't Microsoft be consistent and just eliminate the stupid thing already?[/quote]

You don't need a receipt/warranty if it is 3 red ringing for MS to fix it.

Mine ringed last night - waiting on the box, and if they don't meet their "estimates" of the time it takes to have the console back in my hands, well the switchboard in Redmond will be lighting up between 8a and 6p PST. And also, I'll be causing a poo storm over lost XBox live time that was already paid for that is going to go to waste.

I received my xbox back but I can't tell if I got a new one. The Serial number is the same but the manufacture date on the sticker says 09/17/07. Any thoughts?

MICROSOFT SUCK!
I'm afraid of sending my box in and getting it back to only go dead again. What the hell is the problem, why can't they get it right?

I'm trying to register for the repair agent on the website to check the repair progress but it's not letting me register the serial number. :whistle2:/[quote name='BigDirty']Mine ringed last night - waiting on the box, and if they don't meet their "estimates" of the time it takes to have the console back in my hands, well the switchboard in Redmond will be lighting up between 8a and 6p PST. And also, I'll be causing a poo storm over lost XBox live time that was already paid for that is going to go to waste.[/QUOTE]Without even having to mention it, they told me they were sending me a 1 month gold card with my repaired Xbox when I called in for a coffin.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I'm trying to register for the repair agent on the website to check the repair progress but it's not letting me register the serial number. :whistle2:/Without even having to mention it, they told me they were sending me a 1 month gold card with my repaired Xbox when I called in for a coffin.[/quote]

Ditto to both things this guy said.

makes you just want to learn how to hardware mod your 360, take out the heat pipe and put your own water cooling system into that thing.

Just called in my fifth RRoD...I'm done with the 360 and going to buy everything new on the PS3. The achievement points are just not worth it.

I've got two 360's in the house, the first one was a launch console that has been "refurbed" 4 times and I picked up an elite at launch a few months back...that one just red ringed today. I haven't had a refurb last for more than 45 days, so I'm due to send in one more before the end of the year. I wouldn't be so pissed if it wasn't for the stupid DRM on DLC.

My 3rd one is on the way to McAllen. I know others have reported this, but I still chuckled when the UPS Store employee greeted me the moment I walked in and asked how many consoles I had gone through.

My second 360 just died out on me. My First one lasted a year. This one lasted a year also. 3 Red Rings. No warnings with graphical glitches and such like when my first one broke. Played it 2 days ago just fine and went to check the marketplace today and 3 Red Rings Immediately. Pretty much sucks since there are a ton of great games releasing this month.

I just got my "fixed" 360 back.

Any idea why, when I insert a game disc, I get the ridiculous warning:

To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console.

Did they put old Xbox parts in my 360's case?

Received my replacement console last evening with a Sep 29, 07 manufactured date. Disappointed that there is no HDMI port. I thought all consoles post summer had HDMI. Makes me wonder if it's infact brand new. They've probably used parts from broken consoles they received. This one is noisy as hell. I hope to make it past 6 months on this. Lets see. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Brak']I just got my "fixed" 360 back.

Did they put old Xbox parts in my 360's case?[/QUOTE]

No sounds like the one you got back is broken also. Our stores Demo 360 did the same thing :(

Did they put old Xbox parts in my 360's case?[/QUOTE]I think that's the same message you get when you put an Xbox game into a DVD Player. That worries me about getting my box in one piece.

I got mine back today, just under three weeks overall from the first phone call.

Has an MFG date of 9/2006. Yuck. No HDMI, of course, but that doesn't bother me. The fact that the machine wheezes like a 70-year old chain smoker when it's running (and that's not the fan, either) has me a bit worried.

I'm doing the towel trick until the coffin gets here....my system is roaring loud like an airplane and already shutdown twice....this isnt normal....chepay d's video was on for 25 mins straight. Has this happen to anyone else? I need to be comforted..haha. How many days does it take sfor teh coffin to get here?

My earlier post was refering to Mafia's problem and he decided to post about it in this thread. Look at your date of post with Mafia's, looks like you both got shafted. His doesn't read any disks at all. Did yours do it right away or over time? You and Mafia are fighting for the record then. (aka how long before your system dies). Time to bitch and get free shit.

[quote name='popemogoth']I'm doing the towel trick until the coffin gets here....my system is roaring loud like an airplane and already shutdown twice....this isnt normal....chepay d's video was on for 25 mins straight. Has this happen to anyone else? I need to be comforted..haha. How many days does it take sfor teh coffin to get here?[/quote]

Don't do the towel trick because you will be putting extra stress on other hardware components inside the 360 and potential causing damage to them. If people keep doing the towel trick it will result in 360's that are eventually sent in when they do RROD again liable to break from damages caused by the towel trick. Thus, you will be more likely to receive such a 360 when you send in yours for repair, and more likely to have it break when we pass the 3 year warranty period. By that time you will have to pay $ for the repairs.

Also the towel trick could make your 360 unrepairable, leaving you with a strangers refurbished one and DRM DLC hassels. I did not resort to the towel trick, I played some PS2, and I got back the same console.

[quote name='J7.']Don't do the towel trick because you will be putting extra stress on other hardware components inside the 360 and potential causing damage to them. If people keep doing the towel trick it will result in 360's that are eventually sent in when they do RROD again liable to break from damages caused by the towel trick. Thus, you will be more likely to receive such a 360 when you send in yours for repair, and more likely to have it break when we pass the 3 year warranty period. By that time you will have to pay $ for the repairs.

Also the towel trick could make your 360 unrepairable, leaving you with a strangers refurbished one and DRM DLC hassels. I did not resort to the towel trick, I played some PS2, and I got back the same console.[/QUOTE]

Due to the turnaround time, coupled with the volume of dead 360 consoles going to McAllen, TX, daily, I think it's safe to say that your likelihood of getting a refurbed 360 is better than your likelihood of your 360 never dying. I don't know of anyone, frankly, who has received their original unit back yet. Hell, my "new" 360 was made in September 2006. We'll see how long that survives. :lol:

had my console since launch and i guess tonight it crapped out on me. came up with a blank screen, no red rings but can only get audio but no video, tried multiple cables, vga, component, composite. sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back