Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my UPS driver just told me that mine was the second replacement he delivered today. I guess the red ring train hasn't slowed at all in the past 6 months. Here's hoping this one works.

[quote name='Surferflames']Well my UPS driver just told me that mine was the second replacement he delivered today. I guess the red ring train hasn't slowed at all in the past 6 months. Here's hoping this one works.[/quote]

LoL when i got mine picked up teh purolator guy siad he gets about 10 of these boxes a day

I think the problem mostly lies with MS shipping refurbished systems and new non-Falcon units as replacements until they run out. My 360 has locked up since I got it, but it hasn't RROD'd yet (jinxes self). No matter, I'll be too busy playing Unreal :)

Mine is crapping out on me. It reads 360 games as DVDs, and Halo 3 won't load period. They're sending out a coffin for mine, and promised me they'd fix it for free even though it's out of warranty, plus they're giving me a 1 year warranty, and a possible Falcon.

Just traded my second one in to MicroCenter and upgraded to an Elite. 10-27-07 Build. Thing is, it beeps at me when playing Forza 2. It's not like the beeps my first one made when the GPU was going, but still...

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Mine is crapping out on me. It reads 360 games as DVDs, and Halo 3 won't load period. They're sending out a coffin for mine, and promised me they'd fix it for free even though it's out of warranty, plus they're giving me a 1 year warranty, and a possible Falcon.[/QUOTE]

Now that is fucking bullshit. They said it would be 100 bucks for mine. Hell now my HD DVD player locks up. Well atleast with Transformers. All it does is show the loading screen and thats it. Guess I will call them later and see if I get someone else that might be worth talking to.

[quote name='sendme']Now that is fucking bullshit. They said it would be 100 bucks for mine. Hell now my HD DVD player locks up. Well atleast with Transformers. All it does is show the loading screen and thats it. Guess I will call them later and see if I get someone else that might be worth talking to.[/quote]

Yeah, it's cause I had to call 3 times for them to finally fix it because their computers were down, so he apologized and said he'd have it fixed for free and give me a 1 year warranty instead of a free game/controller.

[quote name='Surferflames']Mine turned off a few times when I tried it. I got about 3 days out of the trick, which left another few days before my coffin arrived.[/quote]

Ah ok then. Thanks for the info! Hopefully my coffin will arrive soon.

Another quick question: Is the service for dead 360 faster when calling 1-800-4MYXBOX or filing a form online? I have been reading that the internet people are getting theirs serviced faster.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Yeah, it's cause I had to call 3 times for them to finally fix it because their computers were down, so he apologized and said he'd have it fixed for free and give me a 1 year warranty instead of a free game/controller.[/QUOTE]

Well that is cool they are doing that for you. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can get them do do the same.

[quote name='sendme']Now that is fucking bullshit. They said it would be 100 bucks for mine. Hell now my HD DVD player locks up. Well atleast with Transformers. All it does is show the loading screen and thats it. Guess I will call them later and see if I get someone else that might be worth talking to.[/quote]It's the HD-DVD that's the problem in the case of Transformers. Lots of other CAGs have reported the same thing. Bookmarking didn't work last time I tried it and it would always freeze. The only thing you could do was reset and delete the bookmarks you tried to make. Perhaps a new update for that disc was released, I don't know.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's the HD-DVD that's the problem in the case of Transformers. Lots of other CAGs have reported the same thing. Bookmarking didn't work last time I tried it and it would always freeze. The only thing you could do was reset and delete the bookmarks you tried to make. Perhaps a new update for that disc was released, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. dont see why they update a DVD.

the funny part about it is my warrenty sticker looks like garbage and look like it had been removed and they dident say anything about it i wonder if they only check a select few?

My "new" box (from 11-9-07) just messed up twice playing Rock Band. I just got Rock Band today and it is the only game I have played over an hour since my 360 got back from repairs. Once it froze and another time I think it came up with the disk read error, but my fretting quickly closed that screen. I expect a sudden death any time soon.

I sent in my coffin last week and ups said it was delivered at 12:36 pm yesturday but xbox.com says its still waiting for it to arrive. Does it take a while to update or is the network messed up or what?

yes. when i sent mine, UPS said it got there on monday, but the service.xbox.com site didn't say they received it till tuesday

Edit:
w00t! My 360 elite is finally coming back home to me =D Looks like the serial number changed on the site, going to call them later and get a tracking # and see if it's a new or refurbished one.

yay! =) My xbox been dead sinec Nov 6th so it's been a month and a day. Time to open all these guys i got. AC, mass effect, rock band, playing more GH3, CoD4(it broke the day this came out:cry:) and finishing halo3

Got my new 360 (via BestBuy PRP) yesterday. Anyway, I think this console (new 175w, HDMI, etc.) is louder but much cooler. As mentioned by other CAG, the plastic on the external hard drives on the premium consoles looks and feels cheap. Really miss the polished metal as it looks much nicer. Overall, it aint a deal breaker, of course.

Also, I decided to buy another PRP with this 360, just in case. However, after I spent $59.99 to add a two year PRP, the lady tells me that they no longer take back 360 consoles with the "three red rings." WTF?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone else get a free disc only Madden 08 when you got your 360 back from Microsoft? An online buddy of mine said he got one when he got his 360 back.[/quote]In the tray? Someone probably just forgot to take the game out before they sent it out.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']In the tray? Someone probably just forgot to take the game out before they sent it out.[/QUOTE]

if that's the case, then VG's friend got a swap out instead of a fix. :whistle2:(

but I guess if you like Madden, then its a bonus for you..but if I found it, I would have flipped it or used it as a coaster.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']In the tray? Someone probably just forgot to take the game out before they sent it out.[/quote]No, not in the tray. In a disc sleeve.

Hey the status on the service website went from "device recieved" to "no registered devices" ??? Should I call or what does that mean?

Addition: ok, the website updated and it says shipped but it still has my old serial number, does that mean that they just fixed my old one or is that just how they do it?

[quote name='JJSP']Rock Band guitars are the new 360's at the UPS Store. 7 of them yesterday, 4 more today.[/quote]

Haha, yea. Mine didn't last through the first day I bought Rock Band. My 360 is having disk read errors a lot now too (just like original PS2's), even though the disk is completely clean. No scratches or dust.

[quote name='Ow3n']Hey the status on the service website went from "device recieved" to "no registered devices" ??? Should I call or what does that mean?

Addition: ok, the website updated and it says shipped but it still has my old serial number, does that mean that they just fixed my old one or is that just how they do it?[/QUOTE]

That's what happened to me too. I wonder if they actually fixed it that quick-or if they are just late to change the numbers.
They also gave me a tracking number with "3-day select shipping" so maybe I'll get it Thursday or Friday of this week?

I guess my old 360 comming back is better than some other refurb but I want a new console. Looks like i'll have to wait for the end of the week to see.

My 360 died a few hours ago. Sucks. I don't know what happened but right after the room was vacuumed, the 360 gave up and showed the RROD.

Now I'm in somewhat of a dilemma. We bought the 360 from Overstock from a deal almost a year ago (around $350 was the price). We got a warranty plan from them, but my brother said they want him to call MS because there's some recall. I told my brother there is no recall and they probably had it mistaken with the free RROD warranty they offer. So, here's what it all boils down to: either send it to MS or Overstock. Overstock only sells refurbished 360s, so it would be like sending it to MS, just with controller+headset and all. So.. yeah, I don't know if I should be happy to get a refurbished 360 since I'd rather want a fresh one.

Mehh. =/

I haven't gotten RROD, but I have been getting DRE alot lately. I was playing NCAA 08, and kept getting them. So I still wanted to play football, so I put Madden 08 in, was in the middle of a great game. Going for the 200 PR achievment, and it freezes. Once I had just started a game and it froze. Is this a sign that it's dying? Or is it something to do with EA games?

[quote name='MrDubbs']I haven't gotten RROD, but I have been getting DRE alot lately. I was playing NCAA 08, and kept getting them. So I still wanted to play football, so I put Madden 08 in, was in the middle of a great game. Going for the 200 PR achievment, and it freezes. Once I had just started a game and it froze. Is this a sign that it's dying? Or is it something to do with EA games?[/quote]

that's what mine started doing before I got the RROD :whistle2:(

I swear MS has some fucked up policies. I called MS, because the thing gave me a DRE AGAIN. Wait on hold for 10 minutes, and then get a foriegn lady I can hardly understand. She goes through the trouble steps with me, and asks if my discs are scratched, which I told her there was nothing on the discs (I'm over protective of them, but then again, it's alot of money). She puts me on hold for 5 minutes, then comes back and asks me if I've cleaned the disc. I'm thinking what would I clean off of it? there's nothing on it

Anyway, she puts me on hold again, and comes back and tells me it's best to send it for repair, but I'm not under warranty. I tell her that I am, and it's good untill July 2008. She puts me on hold and comes back and claims she cant find anything. Well I guess, she couldn't find it because my warranty was still under my first console's serial number.

She tells me that I have two choices:
1. Pay 90 bucks, sent it in, and get a new warranty
2. I have to write a letter to the service contract department, requesting a transfer of warranty

Anyone would be stupid to pick number 1. Anyway, I ask she can just transfer it,(I mean how hard can this be right?) Well, she isn't in the "correct department" so she cant'. I ask to speak to someone in the service contract department, but i guess that' s impossible to do.

So now I have to send in a letter, wait their response, then call again to get my box. All this just because I don't have Red Rings "yet" but keep getting DRE.

I just don't get why MS doesn' t have something in place to switch the warranty; or tell you have to do this, when you get a "new" console back. I mean why would I keep a warranty on a 360, that's more then likely in someone elses house now. Wouldn't it make sense to just automatically transfer it?

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

I think I've just about had it with MS. I haven't even packed up my dead 360; I just don't have any motivation. I'm thinking about just selling all my 360 games and gear, and then the system when I get it back. I don't even play video games too much anymore, and I could use the extra cash from all this junk. Shit, I might as well sell my TV too...

Got the E74 error today...called up Microsoft and apparently its covered at least. Anyone know a fix for this error? I've been googling it and haven't come up with anything. It's apparently something wrong with the encoder or something.

Anyone else's customer service rep ask them what kind of games they played? Know a couple people that said the same thing...thought it was pretty funny

Just got mine back today, had it shipped to my office so I haven't tried it. I'm really not very hopeful as it has a mfr date of 10/05, the plastic on the back by the fans is slightly warped and it looks like some of the tabs holding the back together were broken in opening it which to me says it's been modded.

[quote name='mjkusy13']Got the E74 error today...called up Microsoft and apparently its covered at least. Anyone know a fix for this error? I've been googling it and haven't come up with anything. It's apparently something wrong with the encoder or something.

Anyone else's customer service rep ask them what kind of games they played? Know a couple people that said the same thing...thought it was pretty funny[/quote]
That's the same error I got. I just assumed it was RRoD, but I guess it's something just as close. I googled it and got that it was a problem with the AV cable or the chip next to the thing. 90% it's the chip, says one dude.

I'm going to call MS today or tomorrow to see whats up and hopefully the one year warranty still applies to this. =p

So I got Mass Effect and Rock band for hanukkah (YES:D:D:D). So I play abut 5 hours of Mass effect and I had just finished Feros:cool: then the horrible red rings of doom came. I called microsoft and it turned out just to be my hard drive and luckily I had a memory card (though i lost mass effect save:cry::cry:). So I popped in Rock Band and played World tour with my super strict Dad. He sang and I drummed. It was sweet. So two days later I was drumming some Nirvanna and low and behold the red rings return! So know I have Rock Band, Mass effect and Oblivion (got that also for hanukkah) basicly unplayed and I can't play them till January

Mined died yesterday upon trying to watch a DVD. It's a launch system and has worked flawlessly until then. Happened right after the fall update was put onto the system. I just hope I don't get a fucked up, skanky XBOX back because I actually take care of my things. Kinda glad I got Assassin's Creed for PS3 now!

Damn, wtf. I've only tracked a few packages before (either I couldn't because no tracking # was provided or I just forgot about the e-mail I had) so bare with me if this is standard procedure.

This all happened today when I went to check it.

MC ALLEN,
TX, US 12/11/2007 9:02 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
12/11/2007 8:48 A.M. DELIVERY
12/11/2007 5:15 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

What the hell? It better not have anything to do with them turning it on and it NOT having the 3 red lights. Though I doubt they check that in the whole 14 minutes it had been there.

[quote name='Flyersfan']
MC ALLEN,
TX, US 12/11/2007 9:02 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

What the hell? It better not have anything to do with them turning it on and it NOT having the 3 red lights. Though I doubt they check that in the whole 14 minutes it had been there.[/quote]

That looks kinda normal, it saying that its going to be delivered today. Once the package is delivered you get a different update listing how long the total trip took and who signed for it. Try it again tonight.

[quote name='shinryuu']That's the same error I got. I just assumed it was RRoD, but I guess it's something just as close. I googled it and got that it was a problem with the AV cable or the chip next to the thing. 90% it's the chip, says one dude.

I'm going to call MS today or tomorrow to see whats up and hopefully the one year warranty still applies to this. =p[/QUOTE]

I tried the towel trick last night...and it somehow worked. Might wanna try this if they don't accept it for whatever reason....It's weird too because I thought the towel trick only fixed the 3 red rings and I only got one (had something to do with the encoder).

So do these "new" 360's have the cooler chip? My replacement 360 just arrived at home today with a late 2006 date on it. I'm assuming that isn't a factor in this since it's the guts I need to worry about and not the case. Sorry if this has been asked many times but I can't find a definite answer.

RC

[quote name='mjkusy13']I tried the towel trick last night...and it somehow worked. Might wanna try this if they don't accept it for whatever reason....It's weird too because I thought the towel trick only fixed the 3 red rings and I only got one (had something to do with the encoder).[/QUOTE]

Yea, that really didn't do much for me actually...It still spazzs out a little bit. It can start up without going to the error screen, so i don't know.

Are you f'ing kidding me???!? I just got a new 360 today (to replace a Halo 3 edition one that was having audio problems) and now I'm getting graphical glithces. It's hard to describe but it looks like an overheating graphics card, if you've ever seen one of those... The people at Costco are going to think I'm breaking these things on purpose! Damn it, MS, get it right!

quick question, anyone know how much they charge to fix an out of warranty 360 with a broken AV port?

yesterday i was playing Halo 3 and the screen turned green and then a big red bar came across it. i then restarted and couldn't get any audio or video. replaced the 360 with my bro's 360 and it worked fine. so i tried my 360 about 20 more times and still no audio or video. so i just went out and bought the Arcade console.

thanks.

[quote name='Ow3n']That looks kinda normal, it saying that its going to be delivered today. Once the package is delivered you get a different update listing how long the total trip took and who signed for it. Try it again tonight.[/QUOTE]

Oh, when I posted that it was already signed for by a Mitch Jones. I'm just saying it looks pretty weird having it be delivered at McAllen, Texas at 8:48 (and signed then) and then its back out for delivery 14 minutes later. Doesn't seem right. I know for a fact I had the 3 red lights, but like I said, I doubt they check for that so fast.

Here's the entire trip. The only reason it took so long from the billing recieved to actually shipping it out was because I was pretty damn busy all of last week, that's why it went out last Friday. I didn't edit anything except the order it was in to make it easier to read from when it left my house to when it got there instead of the other way around.

Like I said earlier, for all I know this is a standard thing. I need to start tracking more packages :lol:

US 11/29/2007 11:17 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

PHILADELPHIA,
PA, US

12/07/2007 6:01 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
12/07/2007 10:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

BALTIMORE,
MD, US

12/07/2007 11:55 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P,
TX, US

12/10/2007 11:18 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

MESQUITE,
TX, US

12/10/2007 12:04 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
12/10/2007 4:28 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

SAN ANTONIO,
TX, US

12/10/2007 9:16 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
12/10/2007 11:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

MC ALLEN,
TX, US

12/11/2007 9:02 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

Type: Package
Delivered On: 12/11/2007 8:48 A.M.
Signed By: MITCH JONES
Delivered To: MCALLEN, TX, US
Service: 3 DAY SELECT
Weight: 8.00 Lbs

[quote name='Danil ACE']Mine was also signed by a Mitch Jones.[/quote]

I wonder how many hand cramps this guy gets from signing for all the coffins LOL! :lol:

My wife just called and said my 360 is back already! Cant wait to get off work. ups said it was expected to deliver it tomorrow so its a whole day early.

flyersfan- its wierd but I'm sure its nothing. Unless the xbox.com service site doesnt update to item recieved in a few days. (it took mine two days to change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back