Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lilboo']Ok this is my first time coming into this thread, so pardon my ignorance :)

LUCKILY my 360 works perfectly fine.
But I do have a question.
Do they simply fix your system or send you a new one?

If my 360 (premium) was to die, would it be possible to get a Pro (HDMI) in return? They are essentially the same thing.. just one has an HDMI port.[/quote]

AFAIK you'll be getting a refurb of the same type. No trade-ups! At least not until they run out of non-HDMI units, which will be like never.

Thanks!
That really sucks considering it's the same fuckin system! The HDMI port IS the only difference, yes?

It's not like sending in a launch Core and wanting to get a new Elite!! :lol:

My 360 is really fucked now. There's audio, but no video at all. I've tried component and composite, nothing. I fucking refuse to pay Microsoft $100 to fix something that is essentially their fault. My room is cool and the system has good ventilation area, it's just built like crap. How can I just give this thing the RRoD and get a free repair?

[quote name='Hiei69']My 360 is really fucked now. There's audio, but no video at all. I've tried component and composite, nothing. I fucking refuse to pay Microsoft $100 to fix something that is essentially their fault. My room is cool and the system has good ventilation area, it's just built like crap. How can I just give this thing the RRoD and get a free repair?[/quote]

I have no idea if this would work, but the RROD is caused by the warping of the motherboard/x clamps. Heat expands and when something is cold it shrinks (except water, lol). I was thinking that if you wrap the 360 in a towel to overheat it, then place it somewhere really cold quickly (outside depending on where you live or in the freezer or something), it should warp causing a RROD. You would have to worry about condensation though. This seems plausible to me, but if someone knows something better let me know, lol.

[quote name='deadite76']Both my original and replacement did.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks. I think I'll try to get MS to fix it before the original warranty runs out.

My cousin just had his elite RRoD on him.. I'm wondering if the ones thy send out now are falcons, or if they just actually fix it and send it back.

[quote name='Methadon']I fix RRoD consoles ( as well as DDE and Audio/No Video) for $50. I live in the Huntsville, AL area. PM me if you need repair work.[/quote]

I have fixed two already also. You have to void the warranty though. The one I fixed with the x-clamp mod works so much better than the other ones I own that are untouched.

I got the RROD yesterday. Out of curiousity I turned on my 360 and it worked! This is my first experience with RROD is it normal without doing the towel trick to work after getting it?

well my 360 just got the red ring of death and uh yeah it sucks.but the guy at support was really nice and helpfull. now what do i have to tape my number to i have to tape it to the xbox and what else i forget.

[quote name='jlarlee']Got a refurb back and I'm astounded by how much more quiet it is than my old one.[/quote]Wait a few more months.

[quote name='jlarlee']Got a refurb back and I'm astounded by how much more quiet it is than my old one.[/quote]

My brother's refurb was about as loud as a PS3.. which blew me away, considering you can barely hear the PS3.

Has anyone gotten a recycled UPS tracking number?

I left the box at an UPS store yesterday, and when I checked today it said it was already delivered... on April 2007. :whistle2:s

Funny thing is that the delivery address at that time was also the repair center at Texas.

Those with quiet 360's, wait a few months like others have said. Even CheapyD noticed his 360 got louder. It gradually gets louder until one day when you go to watch a movie or something, you hear the low roar of the fans.

[quote name='paintball745']well my 360 just got the red ring of death and uh yeah it sucks.but the guy at support was really nice and helpfull. now what do i have to tape my number to i have to tape it to the xbox and what else i forget.[/quote]
can anyone help me with my problem please.

[quote name='paintball745']can anyone help me with my problem please.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what they told you, but all you need to do is follow the directions on the paper they send in the box. Basically, keep your hard drive and accessories, and just send the bare console in the box like it describes. Everything should be linked to your serial number. But feel free to tape the number on whatever you want if you think it will help them.

asked earlier, not sure If i was clear. I got the RROD 2 nights ago. Called and they are sending a coffin. Last night out of curiousity I tried my 360 and its working again. Is this normal? I always thought that once a box got the rrod it was broken until fixed.

[quote name='homeland']asked earlier, not sure If i was clear. I got the RROD 2 nights ago. Called and they are sending a coffin. Last night out of curiousity I tried my 360 and its working again. Is this normal? I always thought that once a box got the rrod it was broken until fixed.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it's not a permanent RROD.

Once RROD occurs, it can happen again after any moment.

From reading about this whole mess, I have concluded MS hasn't fixed a fucking thing about these 360s. They just send them back out to blow up again in a matter of weeks or months.

Now this is crazy...

I got a replacement xbox 360 with manf date of 12-15-2007 and got it back in mid January. It was working perfectly fine. Less than 2 weeks later, I bought a Falcon and put this one back in the box in anticipation of selling it. I sold it on ebay today, and I tested it just now and low and behold i get four red rings...

[quote name='caedeskhan']Now this is crazy...

I got a replacement xbox 360 with manf date of 12-15-2007 and got it back in mid January. It was working perfectly fine. Less than 2 weeks later, I bought a Falcon and put this one back in the box in anticipation of selling it. I sold it on ebay today, and I tested it just now and low and behold i get four red rings...[/quote]

Four red rings is not a hardware problem. It just means your audio and video cables are not connected securely.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Now this is crazy...

I got a replacement xbox 360 with manf date of 12-15-2007 and got it back in mid January. It was working perfectly fine. Less than 2 weeks later, I bought a Falcon and put this one back in the box in anticipation of selling it. I sold it on ebay today, and I tested it just now and low and behold i get four red rings...[/quote]

Four red rings means the AV cable isn't plugged in.

[quote name='caedeskhan']confirmed...thanks to those who clarified...guess the "red ring" mentality is a bit much[/quote]

No problem, its a common mistake. :D

2 things:

Is there any way to track the shipment of the coffin? It's been nearly a week and I haven't received the damn box from Microsoft. how is it delivered anyway? They probably can't fit it into a mailbox.

Also, I tried the towel trick the other day and it worked. Cheapy said it'd work for 4-5 days, but for me, it only worked for one. I tried it again, and after 5 minutes, the console shut itself off. What's going on?

[quote name='Matt Young']Is there any way to track the shipment of the coffin? It's been nearly a week and I haven't received the damn box from Microsoft. how is it delivered anyway? They probably can't fit it into a mailbox.[/quote]

I suppose you could call support and ask for the tracking number that is attached to your service ticket number. The same tracking number is used for sending the empty box to you and sending the 360 to and from Mcallen, TX. I just sent mine out for repair and it took about a week to get the initial coffin. Also, UPS is used for shipping.

Having 4 red flashing lights for an unplugged AV cable was such a bad move on MS's fault because it made something look like a problem when it wasn't. Good thing they fixed it with the new systems.

Has it been taking xbox.com a while to update the status of your repair? They received me console last friday, but it still shows on the website that they are waiting for it at the service center.

[quote name='AK85']Has it been taking xbox.com a while to update the status of your repair? They received me console last friday, but it still shows on the website that they are waiting for it at the service center.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the answer to your question, but I do have a question for you. Where are you from in Illinois? I ask because I lived most of my life in Springfield, and I don't know of any other CAGs from the area.

Moving along... The towel trick worked twice, but now even that won't fix my system. I hope the coffin gets here soon. It'll be a week tomorrow.

Got mine back yesterday. Seems to be a new disc drive in the system. Its a lot more quiet than before. The drive also seemed to open a lot smoother than in the past.

The one game that would not boot up was Jericho and that started up on the first try.

It took about nine business days from the time I shipped it out. 14 days in total counting the wait for coffin.

I guess I officially have a coffin... will be taking it to best buy to switch it out. Here's my story...

[quote name='DestroVega']So I was playing Tiger Woods over the weekend when the screen changed the very light parts to pink color... I turned off my receiver and thought maybe it was something with that... it went away about 3 mins later and I thought nothing of it...

Then I was watching a DVD last night and the same thing started happening, and it wouldn't go away... So about an hour later I finish the DVD and everything is fine...

Put in Tiger again last night and immediately there's bright pink and green all over... I try to make sure all wires are attached properly, etc... it doesn't go away.

Then, next time I reboot the system, my screen is black with no sound... (I run HDMI into my receiver and out to my TV)

So I decide to check the HDMI cable, I unplug a different HDMI cable and switch it to the one connected to my 360... to my surprise the screen is no longer black after the switch, but still with the weird colors, even during the start up screen....[/quote]

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't have the answer to your question, but I do have a question for you. Where are you from in Illinois? I ask because I lived most of my life in Springfield, and I don't know of any other CAGs from the area.[/quote]

Metamora, IL

And to keep on topic, I just checked and they still haven't updated my status.

If your Xbox360 won't work even when you used the Towel Trick, most likely you fried something inside the Xbox360 and if Microsoft finds this out, they will charge you to fix it considering it is 'tampering' with the system. This is why I didn't do the Towel Trick on mine. Even though I could play for 3-4 more days, I waited patiently. Anyhow, they recieved my 360 on Tuesday. It updated on the site on Wednesday. So, for the person who said if it updated slow or not, not really. Just a day delay.

EDIT: I just checked the xbox.com site and it says "Device shipped to Customer". I still have the same serial number, so I am ASSUMING they just fixed it and sent it back. Warranty extended to May! Yay!

[quote name='AK85']Metamora, IL

And to keep on topic, I just checked and they still haven't updated my status.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh... I think we already had this conversation. I just didn't remember you by your username. My mistake.

Anyway... How long did it take you guys to receive your coffins? it's been a week and still nothing.

[quote name='Matt Young']Anyway... How long did it take you guys to receive your coffins? it's been a week and still nothing.[/quote]About a week.

Time for me to dig through a shit load of posts to get a number to call.

Was in the middle of some Burnout Paradise action when it started freezing up. After the 3rd freeze I tried Crackdown and before it go to the profile login part it froze again.

Turned off then back on and nothing fires up and I get the 3 red rings...weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just got off the phone after calling to see what's up with my coffin since it's been two weeks since I called and it hasn't shown up yet. The guy didn't seem to know, or tell me, what happened with that box or if the last person I spoke with even sent one out.

After he came back from placing me on hold for a good amount of time he said to expect a box within two to three days and when I asked him if I could get a tracking number he just replied with a "no. I just put an order in". So guessing that the last person never sent me a box or it got lost in the mail.

Also as good as the Halo theme is, having to hear it a few times on hold while going through two bricked 360s feels like a slap in the face. :wall:

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't have the answer to your question, but I do have a question for you. Where are you from in Illinois? I ask because I lived most of my life in Springfield, and I don't know of any other CAGs from the area.

Moving along... The towel trick worked twice, but now even that won't fix my system. I hope the coffin gets here soon. It'll be a week tomorrow.[/quote]

Jesus H. Christ that chick in your sig is fucking hot.

Continue with RRoD talk...

So far, my experience with support has been great doing it online. I just requested a repair, stated that it RRoD'ed, and it was sent in exactly 5 days (including weekend). Shipped it out next day, and they recieved it in 5 days. Shipped it out same day and even updated the information on the site with a tracking number. No need to call. :D Hopefully everything is fixed.

Fed Ex attempted to deliver my fixed/refurbed 360 today (I was at work:cry:)....1 week to the day after I sent it out....I can complain about the hardware, but not about the CS:)

They sent me a box within 3 days. It had an overnight label to send it back. They got it on the 8th and I got it back yesterday
*edit* All my arcade games are available offline on both the account that bought them and my others, including the games I bought on my 1st 3 consoles (this one is my 4th).

[quote name='fieldkillah']They sent me a box within 3 days. It had an overnight label to send it back. They got it on the 8th and I got it back yesterday
*edit* All my arcade games are available offline on both the account that bought them and my others, including the games I bought on my 1st 3 consoles (this one is my 4th).[/quote]

Whoa, did they (finally) fix the DRM glitch?

[quote name='Bretts31344']Whoa, did they (finally) fix the DRM glitch?[/quote]

Can't say everyone will have the same experience, but they were unlocked before I even connected to live. Also I didn't have to run the first time setup like the last few times, when I turned it on it said there was updates to install (while not connected to live) and that was it.

*edit* as a test I booted up a game under another one of my gamertags on the repaired system, then on my other system I loaded up the same game under my main gamertag. Both were full versions.

Hey everyone. I'm getting red rings... or so I thought. Apparently, it's not red ring but something to do with my AV port? I see three blinking red lights, except for the top right one which is blank. Is it true? Is there some fix I can try without having to send it in to be repaired? I made sure my AV cord was tightly plugged in-- often times I turn on the system and it'll do the red lights. I turn it off and back on and the problem is gone for the time being.

Three Red Lights = Top Left, Bottom Left, Bottom Right. The Top Right is the one that's blank. Soon, you'll turn it off and turn it on and the Three Red Lights will be there. You might as well get your Cofffin now, because it will soon die where you can't boot to dashboard anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back