Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm just lucky. I never ever have issues at Gamestop with pre-orders, but Best Buy is like a 50/50 chance everytime I order there

And yeah,, when I had the DBZ issue I was standing at the customer service desk for a bit more than an hour before the manager even showed, then had the nerve to get mad at me for being annoyed at the situation. (Along with doing nothing to help)

I voted for you guys, but still...its Best Buy, I wouldnt hold my breath.

Seems like half the CE's I ordered from Best Buy had an problem. (Either not arriving, or being sold somehow). Plus their stupid authorization/card pinging process keeps me far away from ordering anything expensive. (Had them triple charge me for Fire Emblem Awakening while waiting for launch)
thanks , really appreciate it SgtWiggles, every votes is important, and counts to make this idea into a reality.

I don't think that CE is the best investment.
This could be the next Post Pandemic edition honestly. First game of a new, original ip with the potential for widespread popularity, very good review scores across the board and a quality statue to boot. As long as they aren't numbered past 5,000 then it should be pretty sought after I would think. We'll just have to wait and see!

I think the reason PP was so valuable was because it was a Gamestop exclusive. This is more expensive and is available in many retailers. Also TLOU was getting 10/10 scores and game of the year awards. Who knows what this game gets. TLOU was a personal gameplay experience and they tend to be more valuable than online shooters which typically come out with new versions every year.

I don't think this will be as valuable as that. We'll see.

I think the reason PP was so valuable was because it was a Gamestop exclusive. This is more expensive and is available in many retailers. Also TLOU was getting 10/10 scores and game of the year awards. Who knows what this game gets. TLOU was a personal gameplay experience and they tend to be more valuable than online shooters which typically come out with new versions every year.

I don't think this will be as valuable as that. We'll see.
if this game end up close to the sales number of Cod releases, it could be valuable.

hopefuly titanfall ce stay out of stock. got a couple pre-order and would like sell the other to subsidize the one i'm keeping.
hope there be more in stock... it coz of people like you many who want it cant get it.....

(hope people are smart enough and dont paid 1¢ more then what it really cost)

Anyone else slightly annoyed with the amount of noise the Lightning Returns steelbook is getting in this thread? It doesn't qualify as a CE/LE/SE in any sense of the word.
On the preorder card, it says Limited Edition Steelbook Case. Does that make you feel better?

hope there be more in stock... it coz of people like you many who want it cant get it.....
(hope people are smart enough and dont paid 1¢ more then what it really cost)
"People like me"? This was available for preorder 6 months ago. whose really to blame now that it is out of stock. I have a strong feeling people like you only wants one now that it is oos. Is It always someone's fault that you do not get your ways......

"People like me"? This was available for preorder 6 months ago. whose really to blame now that it is out of stock. I have a strong feeling people like you only wants one now that it is oos. Is It always someone's fault that you do not get your ways......
Don't feed the trolls man. Like you said preorders are up for a long time before they go out of stock. Yes there are variables like people not having the money to put down on a preorder but there are plenty of places to preorder a copy of a game that doesn't require a deposit such as Amazon.

Id buy the titanfall one if the game actually looks good...
I canceled my CE after they announced it was 6v6. I was so hyped for this game and it never occurred to me that with bots in the game it would be limited on player count. Now I feel like this will be more of an arena DM style game which is not at all what I was expecting. Now that Evolve has been announced, I'm gravitating towards just playing that instead for the smaller team-based gameplay.

I canceled my CE after they announced it was 6v6. I was so hyped for this game and it never occurred to me that with bots in the game it would be limited on player count. Now I feel like this will be more of an arena DM style game which is not at all what I was expecting. Now that Evolve has been announced, I'm gravitating towards just playing that instead for the smaller team-based gameplay.
Evolve the game originally belonging to THQ?

Don't feed the trolls man. Like you said preorders are up for a long time before they go out of stock. Yes there are variables like people not having the money to put down on a preorder but there are plenty of places to preorder a copy of a game that doesn't require a deposit such as Amazon.
troll.... talking about you... i still beleive my statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaklcXNjdks

OH MY GLOB. Japan is so lucky.

Ultimate Box Lightning Returns

1.jpeg

Lightning Ultimate Box will include:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final game Fanstay XIII-2
game Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
special soundtrack
artowrki of the game
figure Lightning Play Arts
Special stand on board

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I was out of town over the weekend. :)

EDIT: Updated!

EDIT #2: Lightning Returns Steelbook is "listed" on target's website. They don't list it specifically as the steelbook but the picture shows the steelbook packaging.  Adding links.

I just received an e-mail confirmation for the Square store with the DLC codes for LR: FF XIII CE.

I ordered two of the PlayStation 3 CE's and received two codes... does anyone know if each code unlocks both DLC (Cloud Strife’s SOLDIER 1st Class Uniform and Buster Sword) or are they separate codes?

If each code unlocks both then I'm fine because I ordered two and received two codes but if each code only unlocks one then I only received DLC for one CE and I'm missing it for the other

I'm sure that the same code unlocks both the outfit and the Buster Sword. There's a shield piece as well. It's all a set.
Okay, thank you! I guess I can test the PS3 codes out in the PSN store to make sure.

I hope this is a sign that they plan on shipping the games soon so they'll arrive on or around the atcual release date

Yeah, I got mine too. I guess this confirms that the Aerith code will be physically inside the CE packaging, or else they would have emailed that too.

Okay, thank you! I guess I can test the PS3 codes out in the PSN store to make sure.

I hope this is a sign that they plan on shipping the games soon so they'll arrive on or around the atcual release date
I only ordered 1 CE and got one code.

I'll probably order a copy of Lightning Returns off the Target website as well as go to the store on release date. This will ensure I get a copy of the steelbook in case the stores are low on stock. In any case I will be able to return one copy easily in store so no issues here.

I'll probably order a copy of Lightning Returns off the Target website as well as go to the store on release date. This will ensure I get a copy of the steelbook in case the stores are low on stock. In any case I will be able to return one copy easily in store so no issues here.
Can you definitely get a steelbook from the website? If that's the case I won't bother trying my store again.

Anyone else slightly annoyed with the amount of noise the Lightning Returns steelbook is getting in this thread? It doesn't qualify as a CE/LE/SE in any sense of the word.
Yes it is.

It is getting a item that can only be found with that game for a limited amount of time. Just because it doesnt say limited edition on the box you say it isnt one even though by all convention it is the very definition of what LE is.

It has a limited edition steelbook case you can only get from target being produced in limited quantities. It doesnt take a genius to figure it out.

Can you definitely get a steelbook from the website? If that's the case I won't bother trying my store again.
The website doesn't specifically point out that you get the steelbook with purchase. The picture shows the steelbook with that sticker that states the steelbook is only exclusive to Target. It also shows the DLC that you get with purchase. In that sense I don't think we can definitely confirm that Target.com will ship you a steelbook but it seems highly likely.

I'm kind of bummed...I ordered X/X-2 HD and LR:FFXIII in the same order and I just checked it and saw this:

This order will be shipped after the release date of 3/18/2014 for Final Fantasy X+X2 HD Collector's Edition [PS3].

:headache:  :headache:  :headache:

I'm kind of bummed...I ordered X/X-2 HD and LR:FFXIII in the same order and I just checked it and saw this:

This order will be shipped after the release date of 3/18/2014 for Final Fantasy X+X2 HD Collector's Edition [PS3].

:headache: :headache: :headache:
There was a discussion that went on for some time in this very thread about the pros and cons of trying to combine two items to save on shipping at the Square Enix store. Unfortunately, that's the major con, aside from the fact that you may not get the item at all if they sell out.

Got my code as well. Arent they susposed to ship as well today?
I checked the email we got when we originally ordered and it states that the release of the game is anticipated as Feb. 3rd. It would be nice if it shipped sooner rather than later. The Square Enix store does advertise that the game will ship early (same goes for FFX/X-2 HD).

The website doesn't specifically point out that you get the steelbook with purchase. The picture shows the steelbook with that sticker that states the steelbook is only exclusive to Target. It also shows the DLC that you get with purchase. In that sense I don't think we can definitely confirm that Target.com will ship you a steelbook but it seems highly likely.
Thanks. I think I'll chance it.

Is the witch and the hundred knights limited edition worth picking up? And does anyone know if the NIS and Square Enix store accept Paypal?

Is the witch and the hundred knights limited edition worth picking up? And does anyone know if the NIS and Square Enix store accept Paypal?
Both NIS and Square Enix store accept PayPal as a form of payment. As for if The Witch and the Hundred Knights is worth picking up, that is up to you. NIS often has nice little items that comes in the Collectors / Limited Editions. I think buying a CE or LE comes down to if you like the items enough to justify paying more for the game.

I ordered it. I also picked up Time and Eternity and Hyperdimension Neptunia V when both of those were on the store front.

Both NIS and Square Enix store accept PayPal as a form of payment. As for if The Witch and the Hundred Knights is worth picking up, that is up to you. NIS often has nice little items that comes in the Collectors / Limited Editions. I think buying a CE or LE comes down to if you like the items enough to justify paying more for the game.

I ordered it. I also picked up Time and Eternity and Hyperdimension Neptunia V when both of those were on the store front.
The CE for Hundred Knights looks great but the game not so much. Looks like a great pick up post launch with a price drop but that CE is NICE!

Does anyone know if the map in that South Park game is cloth or is it just paper?

From what I've seen of it TW&THK looks like a blast.  Guess we'll see when it ships, but for $20 I won't be complaining either way.

And that South Park CE is lame.  They could have done one obvious thing that would have sold it to me - include a blu-ray with an exclusive episode of the show that serves as a prequel to the game.  They crank episodes out in about a week anyway, so they've clearly had plenty of time to put together something like that.  

From what I've seen of it TW&THK looks like a blast. Guess we'll see when it ships, but for $20 I won't be complaining either way.

And that South Park CE is lame. They could have done one obvious thing that would have sold it to me - include a blu-ray with an exclusive episode of the show that serves as a prequel to the game. They crank episodes out in about a week anyway, so they've clearly had plenty of time to put together something like that.
Saddest part is, that figure you get from the CE you can pick up right now at Kidrobot and you have been able to for months now. I don't really understand their logic.

THK looks awesome but I'm scared about the camera in that game, I hear it's not that good.

My $20 Target pre-order for Witch and the Hundred Knights:

[SIZE=9pt]There was a problem with your order (Order #### placed on 11/07/2013. As a result, we had to cancel it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Still want the items you ordered? We can help. Just contact us.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Thanks for shopping at Target.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Team Target[/SIZE]

Also, all Newegg orders of Bravely Default: CE are cancelled as they aren't going to get it in stock.  On eBay the prices for them are already closing in on $80, so if you want one and ordered through Newegg you better get one now.

Kinda on the fence about picking up the South Park CE because i already got a smaller version of the cartman figure.

I got the code for LR.

I'm not too worried for when this ships as I will be getting a copy from target for the steelbook and will have that to play Day one. Im sure though I'll be too busy playing Bravery Default to play so we shall see.

sorry to spam this again but,  hey guys please vote +1 over at bestbuy forum for future video game releases to have steelbooks as preorder bonus

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-FutureShop-s-Best-Buy-Subsidiary-Gaming-Steelbook-Program/idi-p/776127

but we need more votes, the bestbuy mods already took notice of the idea. here is his response:

3786448876_757fb40818_o.png
Allan-BBY
moderator.gif
9 hours ago

Options

I can't imagine any customer not wanting to see this happen, and thanks for all the comments here. Any further thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Remember to vote for an idea if you like it.

we only have 23 votes right now, we need to get it to atleast 40+ votes for this idea to even pass like the previous  $20 preorder rewardzone certificates.

I got the code for my LR CE as well, but it didn't work when I tried to redeem it on PSN. I'm guessing it won't activate till the release date (or at least a bit closer to it), but thought I'd see if anyone else has tried it.

I got the code for my LR CE as well, but it didn't work when I tried to redeem it on PSN. I'm guessing it won't activate till the release date (or at least a bit closer to it), but thought I'd see if anyone else has tried it.
Tried mine earlier today too, I had the same thought you did.

It didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back