Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be way more worried if they were sold out of the CE. They have plenty left. They'll ship it. If something goes wrong and they cancel it for some unknown reason, just order another.

I have my LR: CE re-order from yesterday confirmed payment but no shipping confirmation...getting worried now.
I have a very strong suspicion they are doing some kind of manual data import/export a couple times a week wtih the fulfillment center. Call me crazy but I bet tomorrow around 4 pm CST you will get your shipping confirmation. Keep us posted so I can see if I'm right.

Is the only way to check the status of your LR: CE through the "find my order" page because mine doesn't give me any date except the day I ordered it.

I'm giving mine till tomorrow at midnight before I cancel and re-order. If for whatever reason my second order fucks up as well, I'll just order from Amazon or Target and never order from anything Digital River related again

I got my shipping confirmation for LR CE on 2/5, but it still says "electronic shipping info received".  fuck you Digital River!  :wall:

Also, here's hoping the Tales of Symphonia CE goes back in stock soon after the announcement that they were making 3,000 extra copies!

darks souls ii collectors/black armor editions for ps3 are both available again on amazon.

oh and south park stick of truth ce for ps3 is available again as well.

Ordered 2 of the Drakengard CEs because I don't want to postpone any of the FF CEs or pay for shipping. I hope DR doesn't oversell or give the preorders away again.

Yes, they do. I've ordered 5 times in my life from DR. Never had a problem until early December, my package was lost. I think the post office lost it, though, but I'm not 100% sure. Had to get a refund. It was marked as delivered but I never got it. The post office nor digital river had no clue.

Just hope all goes well this time around.

I work for a company who is legendarily cheap and we stopped shipping packages by newgistics because of how awful their service is. I still have to deal with them for returns and it is never pleasant or smooth. AT&T uses them for returns as well and I found that out because we received about 500 wireless routers one day by mistake on our dock.

Yes, they do. I've ordered 5 times in my life from DR. Never had a problem until early December, my package was lost. I think the post office lost it, though, but I'm not 100% sure. Had to get a refund. It was marked as delivered but I never got it. The post office nor digital river had no clue.

Just hope all goes well this time around.
Seeing all of these stories makes me glad I chose ground shipping. My tracking shows my CE in FedEx's hands and set to deliver on Tuesday. Most of my stress has come from reading other posts/dealing with DR's horrible site.

Seeing all of these stories makes me glad I chose ground shipping. My tracking shows my CE in FedEx's hands and set to deliver on Tuesday. Most of my stress has come from reading other posts/dealing with DR's horrible site.
I was upset earlier this week and now I'm just amused at how pathetic this experience is from start to finish. Kind of fun in a way to see if something else bad happens.

Still no shipping confirmation. I paid for 2nd day ( yes I know but I really don't care about shipping costs I just want my game) and I got lucky this went through cause it took me a hundred times and finally didn't get the payment failed authorization error. And I still have to buy FF X/X-2 CE and D3 CE. For those buying two I hope you aren't going to ask too much cause I may would want to buy them.

checked my tracking for LR CE. its coming from a town maybe about 70 miles away. thought I might get it early til I remember they did the same thing with the marvel vs Capcom 2 ce, literally went right threw my town to a distribution center in chicago

Yeah I was hoping to get Lightning Returns by Saturday since they shipped it on the 4th but it's not going to happen. Estimated delivery between 11-13 and it's currently in Indiana and I live on the west coast.

Yeah I was hoping to get Lightning Returns by Saturday since they shipped it on the 4th but it's not going to happen. Estimated delivery between 11-13 and it's currently in Indiana and I live on the west coast.
Newgistics only has 4 or 5 processing centers, yours is in Fishers Indiana right now which is extremely backed up due to all the service delays they have had recently from inclement weather. They have another one in Sparks Nevada which will probably be your next routing location.

Maybe thats why my order is taking so long to ship, since I live in Indiana. (Like 20 or 30 minutes from Fishers). Maybe its their way of making sure no one gets before Tuesday lol

Maybe thats why my order is taking so long to ship, since I live in Indiana. (Like 20 or 30 minutes from Fishers). Maybe its their way of making sure no one gets before Tuesday lol
This could be a possibility. I don't think Square Enix store is trying to break street date. Don't know why it really matters though. >.>

Everybody should be showing Lino Lakes, that is where the fulfillment center is for square enix orders. Possibly other companies as well, haven't been able to track that down for sure or not.

Mine says it's shipping from Lino Lakes, less than 40 minutes away from me. Just let me drive down there and pick it up, damn it!
I was just thinking the same thing. Was hoping i could just call the center and pick it up but can't find a contact number. Really don't feel like waiting a week

Everybody should be showing Lino Lakes, that is where the fulfillment center is for square enix orders. Possibly other companies as well, haven't been able to track that down for sure or not.
Well at least my orders don't have to go that far since I live in Louisville,KY.

Still no movement on my order, no shipping notice and no charge to my card. Day freaking one that the preorder was available. :(

At this point I'm assuming that there's something wrong with my order and placing another one before the CE sells out. I'd rather have an extra copy to resell than get stuck without one at all.

There are not enough Shaq-Fus in the world to adequately express how much Digital River sucks.

Still no movement on my order, no shipping notice and no charge to my card. Day freaking one that the preorder was available. :(

At this point I'm assuming that there's something wrong with my order and placing another one before the CE sells out. I'd rather have an extra copy to resell than get stuck without one at all.

There are not enough Shaq-Fus in the world to adequately express how much Digital River sucks.
Everything you describing is typical for a DR order. I wouldn't stress.

Whatever software they use doesn't put the order through as completed (i.e. a final charge) until usually after it's in transit or delivered. That is why we see endless posts of "Hey I think I'm going to get this for free...." and then days later "derp... I got charged" in the Microsoft store threads (MS Store is run by DR).

It is also very common of them to send out tracking in batches days before the packages are picked up by the carrier... even more so for preorders

And what do you mean no shipping notice? How would you know there is no movement on your order if you didn't get a shipping notice with a tracking number?

Update on my Symphonia CE / credit card issue (sorry, I know we're mostly talking about Lightning Returns right now but I wanted to get this down while it's still fresh in my mind).

So this morning I found an email Digital River sent last night, basically telling me they can't change credit card info, and to contact my CC company instead.  This AFTER they'd promised to send me a link that would allow me to change it.  So I humored them, called my CC company, but since there was no actual charge placed (DR had just pre-authorized the card or something) there was nothing they could do, since the transaction did not exist on their end.  They confirmed that the charge would be denied instantly when DR submitted it, because it would be trying to use the old card, which no longer exists.

So I called Digital River back (1-800-598-7450, press 1 and then 1 again to speed through the menu options and get a person).  Got the same supervisor I spoke to yesterday, his name is Troy, and miraculously they DID put the notes on my order so I didn't have to re-explain the whole mess.  Told him I tried the credit card company and they couldn't do anything.  He put me on hold for a good 15-20 minutes, then came back to tell me, okay, he's contacted the accounting department and they're going to do the thing where they send me the link to update my card info.  72 business hours, same as before.

Now, I thought they were already doing this (see my earlier post) but apparently there are some hoops you have to jump through.  They won't actually do it until you check with your credit card company first (who of course are going to say no because the old card does not exist).  THEN you tell them that you tried the credit card company and were unsuccessful, and THEN they will put in the request with the accounting department.  Assuming he actually did and was not just jerking me around.  I am cautiously pessimistic.

I ranted a little bit (still without shouting, profanity or name-calling) about how poorly his company is equipped to handle E-commerce.  How every other company I've ever dealt with in the entire history of EVER has always been able to update credit card info.  How even my credit card company was stunned that DR could not update my card info, so it's not just me.  I realized could have kept it up all day (look at this post, it's already running long) so I told him I'd go now, but I'll be back if I don't hear anything after 72 business hours.  That's 8:40 my time next Wednesday.

Anyway.  I hope some of this information is useful to somebody.

You know - I never really had any problems with DR.

I think it is more the store fronts and how they hand it off to DR itself.
It seems more likely to me that it's DR than 3 (or more) separate stores all handing information off to DR with the exact same problems.

Although my only problems have been from them just not cancelling orders and never responding to emails. I think I put in a cancellation request for something when it got back-ordered, got an automated reply about it being cancelled, then got it anyway 3 months later. I tried contacting them when it said it was going to ship and they just never replied.

And what do you mean no shipping notice? How would you know there is no movement on your order if you didn't get a shipping notice with a tracking number?
I mean that nothing has changed with my order. No change to the status on the order page, no shipping confirmation email, no charge to my card, nothing whatsoever. Which is fine in and of itself, the release date isn't until Tuesday and I didn't pay extra for fast shipping or anything so I wouldn't normally expect anything to happen until 2/11. EXCEPT for the fact that other people with orders just like mine received shipping confirmation emails as early as Monday. That's what's messing with my head. :lol:

Pfft. Screw DR. I made my first Microsoft Store purchase on this last big sale they had on XB360 games. Purchased 3 copies of WWE 13 and 3 copies of Dishonored for me and my two brothers. I figured these would make cheap gifts for their upcoming birthdays. Also, I'd have one for myself so we could play together.

Anyhow, I realized I was banned from purchasing anything through DR shortly after when I tried pre-ordering Titanfall through the Microsoft Store. Received some error code upon checking out. Did a little research and realized I had been banned from making any purchases through Digital River in the future. 

Needless to say, my experience with Digital River has been terrible. I tried looking up how to contact them about it... but it would be easier to swim across the Atlantic than get in touch with them.  :headache:

Canceled a backordered item that was part of my Lightning Returns CE order since they were gonna bundle all of it together and ship it late even though SE guaranteed early delivery for release day... So now I have something I don't know when it'll ship and when I will get a refund for part of the purchase. Spoke to some rep name Mikey and he seemed like he was someone just outsourced from one of those Indian call centers. Digital River deserves a kick in the nuts for how it handles orders.

So...I just pre-ordered Dark Souls II Collector's Edition and South Park: The Stick of Truth Wizard's Edition from BestBuy.com, and my card was charged immediately...why? I had pre-ordered Bravely Default Collector's Edition and wasn't charged until Wednesday...I thought BBY wasn't supposed to charge for pre-order until it ships, as per their FAQ...

So...I just pre-ordered Dark Souls II Collector's Edition and South Park: The Stick of Truth Wizard's Edition from BestBuy.com, and my card was charged immediately...why? I had pre-ordered Bravely Default Collector's Edition and wasn't charged until Wednesday...I thought BBY wasn't supposed to charge for pre-order until it ships, as per their FAQ...
If you actually read the FAQ, you would also know that these are just pending charges. It goes away and comes back periodically up until release, then it actually sticks.

So make sure you have that amount in your account at all times, otherwise it will cancel itself.

(I am pretty sure a way to get around this and just to make it charge right away is just to check out via PayPal.)

Pfft. Screw DR. I made my first Microsoft Store purchase on this last big sale they had on XB360 games. Purchased 3 copies of WWE 13 and 3 copies of Dishonored for me and my two brothers. I figured these would make cheap gifts for their upcoming birthdays. Also, I'd have one for myself so we could play together.

Anyhow, I realized I was banned from purchasing anything through DR shortly after when I tried pre-ordering Titanfall through the Microsoft Store. Received some error code upon checking out. Did a little research and realized I had been banned from making any purchases through Digital River in the future.

Needless to say, my experience with Digital River has been terrible. I tried looking up how to contact them about it... but it would be easier to swim across the Atlantic than get in touch with them. :headache:
it was a blessing in disguise, you avoided yourself the pain and headache in dealing with them

If you actually read the FAQ, you would also know that these are just pending charges. It goes away and comes back periodically up until release, then it actually sticks.

So make sure you have that amount in your account at all times, otherwise it will cancel itself.

(I am pretty sure a way to get around this and just to make it charge right away is just to check out via PayPal.)
Just like Stryder said. And if you don't know already, this pending charge will not require payment in your statement, it only affects your available credit. You should maintain below 30% credit card utilization anyways for healthy credit.

Needless to say, my experience with Digital River has been terrible. I tried looking up how to contact them about it... but it would be easier to swim across the Atlantic than get in touch with them. :headache:
Their phone number is 1-800-598-7450, press 1 and then 1 again to speed through the menu options and get a person. Or you could try emailing them at [email protected]. I know you said your issue was with Titanfall but you can ask them to pass it on to the appropriate people.

I wasn't aware you could get banned from Digital River. I have a new goal to aspire to.

At this point I'm thinking I'll just give up on them, and pay the extra to get Symphonia from a reseller. Think of it as a fee for the convenience of not having to deal with DR.

Many of us are banned from the Microsoft Store... are you sure that's not it? I can't order anything from their store, but I could order Squeenix stuff no problem.

Canceled a backordered item that was part of my Lightning Returns CE order since they were gonna bundle all of it together and ship it late even though SE guaranteed early delivery for release day... So now I have something I don't know when it'll ship and when I will get a refund for part of the purchase. Spoke to some rep name Mikey and he seemed like he was someone just outsourced from one of those Indian call centers. Digital River deserves a kick in the nuts for how it handles orders.
In my similar situation the LR CE shipped after I removed FFX. Give it a day. I actually tried to cancel LR a day after removing FFX because I got antsy, and two days after that I got a charge, a shipping notice, and a "how to do your return because we couldn't cancel in time" e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back