Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of glad I passed on the South Park CE, seeing a lot of early receivers and trophy hunters saying it can be easily done in under 20 hours.

Might be a quick beat and trade for me if thats the case.

Kind of glad I passed on the South Park CE, seeing a lot of early receivers and trophy hunters saying it can be easily done in under 20 hours.

Might be a quick beat and trade for me if thats the case.
atleast you ordered the darksoul II collectors edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sFLqAFXrsk

They couldn't help you with your order reaper?
My 2nd one showed up on release day and was cool. My original order that had the tonberry strap like yours did is still floating in limbo. I tried to process a cancel, they have tried to process the cancel, nothing doing.

When I talked to them tonight they said the order is in fulfillment and is simply waiting on the tonberry strap which is completely contrary to what was supposed to happen. "Anna" said I'd get an email confirming one way or the other in 3 business days. If they want to send me another PS3 LR CE I'm okay with it given the current Ebay value but I just want it taken care of period.

My 2nd one showed up on release day and was cool. My original order that had the tonberry strap like yours did is still floating in limbo. I tried to process a cancel, they have tried to process the cancel, nothing doing.

When I talked to them tonight they said the order is in fulfillment and is simply waiting on the tonberry strap which is completely contrary to what was supposed to happen. "Anna" said I'd get an email confirming one way or the other in 3 business days. If they want to send me another PS3 LR CE I'm okay with it given the current Ebay value but I just want it taken care of period.
Yeah what I ended up doing was just telling them I wanted my Tonberry stap cancelled. A part of me wants the strap but we don't even know when the thing releases which is pretty annoying. I will say I am pretty surprised Digital River actually put aside the preorder copies of LR.

Yeah what I ended up doing was just telling them I wanted my Tonberry stap cancelled. A part of me wants the strap but we don't even know when the thing releases which is pretty annoying. I will say I am pretty surprised Digital River actually put aside the preorder copies of LR.
Yeah I'm not upset about it at this point but I've been busy enough I don't want both items to show up 2 or 3 months from now and I have completely forgotten about them. She said they only showed I had tried to cancel the tonberry strap even though on my order details it shows I tried to cancel the entire order so who knows.

Yeah I'm not upset about it at this point but I've been busy enough I don't want both items to show up 2 or 3 months from now and I have completely forgotten about them. She said they only showed I had tried to cancel the tonberry strap even though on my order details it shows I tried to cancel the entire order so who knows.
Yeah the second order they sent me was an extra as well so no harm no foul I suppose. The only thing that sucks with a backordered item is if they already charged you. But in the end I guess we can't expect too much since we are speaking with phone support across the world.

Here's hoping FFX / X-2 won't be that much of a struggle. I ordered a plush with that one but will probably end up ordering another 2 copies close to release date to get the priority shipping over the initial orders.

Yeah the second order they sent me was an extra as well so no harm no foul I suppose. The only thing that sucks with a backordered item is if they already charged you. But in the end I guess we can't expect too much since we are speaking with phone support across the world.

Here's hoping FFX / X-2 won't be that much of a struggle. I ordered a plush with that one but will probably end up ordering another 2 copies close to release date to get the priority shipping over the initial orders.
I'd imagine they have to be in the Philippines given the accent.

I decided to just roll the dice on X/X-2 and preorder from Best Buy to see if I get the art book packaging.

What do you guys think of the Rome 2 Total War CE. Only 22,000 were made and it came out at $150 but now it is $99 on the sega store and they are the only sellers other then resellers.

Its Ubisoft so there will be copies sitting on shelves for long after the game comes out. Targets by me still have the AC3 CE's on the shelves and GS probably would too if they didnt convert them to used. The Splinter Cell CE is another example. There is the slim chance that since its a new IP, Ubisoft wont make too many of them, but i'm betting more on Ubisoft's track record with the previously mentioned CE's.
I think Ubisoft has cut back on the # of CE they produce, didn't see many SC CE out there & good luck finding a next-gen AC 4 CE.

If you're wanting a new gen WD CE I'd give a thought to ponying up the money given the fewer amount of new gen AC 4 CE available.

Didnt realize GS was still taking Dark Souls 2 CE preorders, cancelled my Amazon one since they keep damaging my boxes.

Found it weird Infamous's was out though, glad I caught that one

The LR CE for PS3 came back in stock and I ordered one for a friend. I tried to order one more and it said "can't add to cart"

I got an order confirmation email. Wonder if it actually ships or gets cancelled.

The LR CE for PS3 came back in stock and I ordered one for a friend. I tried to order one more and it said "can't add to cart"

I got an order confirmation email.
You probably got the last one; I'm seeing OOS.

Certainly the more desirable platform---I think that is always going to be the case with FF releases.

Debating if i should pick up my south park ce preorser at bby. Have gcu and all. Feels like the hype usnt there. I love the show but just not sure now if ita still worth it. Waaaa

IGN just gave Witch and Hundred Knight a 5.8/10. I hope it's just some dude who is not into rpgs because I have a preorder for the CE and I don't want to be disapointed!

So what's the word on the TitanFall Collectors Edition? Is it actually going to stay sold out? I see it's gone at Amazon/Best Buy/Gamestop/Microsoft Store but I'm still worried it'll be available in a few months. Anyone care to help me assuage these fears? 

It says Lightning Returns CE is back in stock for PS3 and lets me add it to cart. But it lets me on Firefox only. On my other browsers it says OOS and doesn't even let me add it.

If anyone wants to try to order one for themselves, give it a shot I guess.

why not choose bestbuy, with gcu 20% off?
Best Buy royally screwed up Dark Soul (first one) LE, and they recently screwed up big with Bravely Deafult.

When it comes to something I really want, like Dark Souls II CE, I figure I save enough money on games (thanks to this forum) that I'll shell out a few extra bucks and get it at GS. Never ever had a problem getting my LE/CE from them. Always in good shape, always in stock.

As for AMAZON ... just look at the horror. No way I'd trust them with a CE like DkS II -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00GV4V8YQ/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&index=0

It looked pretty good to me, but I should hold back judgement until I play it... or the majority of reviews give it a low score :p
i thought it looked mediocre myself an got the CE version. love the art work an extra's never know Thu just cause others did not like it, don't mean it can't be your goty . critics hated hyper dimension neptnunia but it has lot fans that love it.

If I Pre-Order Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster from BestBuy are they going to be upgraded to the Limited Edition??? Cause i don't see it anywhere online that even mentions it and they only have the regular version. :whistle2:k 

If I Pre-Order Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster from BestBuy are they going to be upgraded to the Limited Edition??? Cause i don't see it anywhere online that even mentions it and they only have the regular version. :whistle2:k
Yes. This was covered a while back.
(although Its possible we may have hit a cut off date)

Hey guys, so I have the BB: Chrono Phantasma CE pre-ordered on amazon. I know they haven't been too good at shipping CE in the past, so I was wondering if there is anyway to ask them to ship a package better or to contact them to ask if its possible? Does anyone know if you can do this at all?

[quote name="Domo7" post="11583974" timestamp="1394042777"]Hey guys, so I have the BB: Chrono Phantasma CE pre-ordered on amazon. I know they haven't been too good at shipping CE in the past, so I was wondering if there is anyway to ask them to ship a package better or to contact them to ask if its possible? Does anyone know if you can do this at all?[/quote]

100% impossible. Even if the CSRs tell you different, they are full of it.

100% impossible. Even if the CSRs tell you different, they are full of it.
Yep. It's just not something Amazon can do. I wish they would even offer better packaging for an upcharge (I've seen a couple of other sites dealing collectibles do something similar). The amazing thing is that if you return something due to damage caused by inappropriate packaging and request a replacement, that still doesn't warrant any additional care in packaging. It goes through the exact same order process and gets the same poor treatment that the original order received. It's amazing.

I see someone has already posted a one star review on the South Park CE's PS3 listing page due to receiving a damaged box. Mine arrived from Best Buy with one slightly dented corner, but it sounds way better than the one that person received from Amazon. The Best Buy order did have plenty of air packets to keep it from moving around... it was just up against one side of the box so any damage to a box corner was transferred to the box.

It sounds like the safest bet for CEs is Gamestop, even though they can have (and I've seen) items with damage as well. You just may have a chance of getting another if you get there early and they receive more than one.

The odds are very slim that the BB: Chrono Phantasma CE is getting to you in perfect shape from Amazon.

Yep. It's just not something Amazon can do. I wish they would even offer better packaging for an upcharge (I've seen a couple of other sites dealing collectibles do something similar). The amazing thing is that if you return something due to damage caused by inappropriate packaging and request a replacement, that still doesn't warrant any additional care in packaging. It goes through the exact same order process and gets the same poor treatment that the original order received. It's amazing.

I see someone has already posted a one star review on the South Park CE's PS3 listing page due to receiving a damaged box. Mine arrived from Best Buy with one slightly dented corner, but it sounds way better than the one that person received from Amazon. The Best Buy order did have plenty of air packets to keep it from moving around... it was just up against one side of the box so any damage to a box corner was transferred to the box.

It sounds like the safest bet for CEs is Gamestop, even though they can have (and I've seen) items with damage as well. You just may have a chance of getting another if you get there early and they receive more than one.

The odds are very slim that the BB: Chrono Phantasma CE is getting to you in perfect shape from Amazon.
I've had CEs get screwed up from any vendor, including GS. With profit margins trying to be increased by all means possible, the big issue is if it can be tossed into a bubble mailer, it will be. A larger CE like Dark Souls 2 is going to be packed in a box, though it's just a matter if someone lazy is going to pack the box or not. There's lazy employees from all major retailers.

I've had CEs get screwed up from any vendor, including GS. With profit margins trying to be increased by all means possible, the big issue is if it can be tossed into a bubble mailer, it will be. A larger CE like Dark Souls 2 is going to be packed in a box, though it's just a matter if someone lazy is going to pack the box or not. There's lazy employees from all major retailers.
Some of us have actually received CEs from BB with no packaging at all, just a shipping label slapped on the box. I can honestly say Amazon and GS have never done that although I have received damaged CEs from both.

There are exceptions to anything, but Gamestop has proven to be the safest bet. I honestly don't understand why anyone would order a CE from Amazon anymore. It just seems stupid.

There are exceptions to anything, but Gamestop has proven to be the safest bet. I honestly don't understand why anyone would order a CE from Amazon anymore. It just seems stupid.
I definitely agree with that. Frankly, I am even nervous about my order for JoJo's since it is Amazon and DR exclusive and every recent PS3 regular cased game I have ordered from Amazon either has a damaged case or a disc that has come loose and plastic fragments inside the case. I just don't understand how Amazon games get so much rougher treatment than other retailers that use bubble pouches or thin glue sealed envelopes like GS, but generally those items arrive perfectly and boxed Amazon games of the npn-CE type arrive damaged in some way.

don't usually post and just lurk......but just FYI, my Bravely Default Collector's from amazon and Tales of Symphonia Collection both came in perfect condition.  Nicely boxed with good thickness+inflated air pockets/paper stuffing  and delivered quickly.  I am a prime member if that makes any difference.  Not everyone has issues with them but it's like anything on internet forums, the ones that do have problems speak loudest.  Just thought I'd contribute my experiences since Amazon has been good to me.

I don't see an issue with ordering CEs from Amazon if you're gonna open it. Collecting them on the other hand is a much different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back