Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to disagree.. kinda.

I think the price for the The Order 1886 CE makes the Far Cry 4 CE look overpriced because it makes all other CE's look overpriced by coming in so darn low. Only $20 extra for the statue/steelbook is pretty awesome.

Oddly, it even makes the The Order 1886 premium edition look over priced too. That darn thing is $150. Nearly twice the price of the CE for an artbook, chained bobble, and a bigger statue. What the hell? I suppose production run numbers can account for that, since they're probably making a LOT fewer of the PE's than the CE's, but that doesn't go far toward accounting for nearly twice the price.
This is the exact same conversation that people had with TLOU Survival Edition vs. Post Pandemic Edition. At $80 the Survival Edition came with an artbook, steelbook, DLC and stickers. People were saying how stupid it was to pay $70 more for a "cheap statue" and they'd pick it up on clearance for $50---and what they shoulda said was they'd pick it up on eBay for $400+

Edit: Not to say we're going to see the same phenomenon with The Order 1886 and it will all depend on how well it sells and is reviewed as well as how many are produced but if done right there is a market for everything

It looks like Gamestop has sold out of the 360 Dragon Age Inquisitors Edition.  Really curious how many are left of the other versions.

I checked and my order is still on my account at BB. Does it just mean they are not selling it anymore?

Witcher 3 Collector's Edition for PS4 and XBONE is up on bestbuy.com
Thanks for the heads up. If I preorder via BB.com using my BB credit card it's going to tied up that much in available credit on my card until the game releases many months from now right?

Not a big deal but just not a fan of preorder systems like that

Just be aware that The Order $80 CE will most likely be similar to the God of War Ascension CE in that the "statue" will be more like a figurine and cheaply made and has a chance to stay on shelves longer then you think because that will turn people off.

Just my opinion.

Just be aware that The Order $80 CE will most likely be similar to the God of War Ascension CE in that the "statue" will be more like a figurine and cheaply made and has a chance to stay on shelves longer then you think because that will turn people off.

Just my opinion.
I'm a GOW fan but I think what turned people off to that CE was that it was over produced and the game was the least intriguing of all in the series.

While possible I don't really see sony going apeshit crazy with this one as they have no guranatee it will sell well

I asked this in the Best Buy $10 Certificate Pre-Order thread, but I'll repost it here:

Is there any way to apply a myBestBuy certificate to a preorder after it's been made? I preordered the Witcher 3 CE this morning and wanted to use a $20 certificate, but mybestbuy.com was "unable to issue certificates" at the time; apparently it issued the certificate anyway because I see it in my account now. :wall:

I suspect I would have to cancel then re-place the preorder--that shouldn't count towards my 3-copy GCU limit, correct? Also, I should get the balance I paid with a Best Buy GC immediately put back on the GC upon canceling the first preorder?

I asked this in the Best Buy $10 Certificate Pre-Order thread, but I'll repost it here:

Is there any way to apply a myBestBuy certificate to a preorder after it's been made? I preordered the Witcher 3 CE this morning and wanted to use a $20 certificate, but mybestbuy.com was "unable to issue certificates" at the time; apparently it issued the certificate anyway because I see it in my account now. :wall:

I suspect I would have to cancel then re-place the preorder--that shouldn't count towards my 3-copy GCU limit, correct? Also, I should get the balance I paid with a Best Buy GC immediately put back on the GC upon canceling the first preorder?
You can't apply it after the fact and no it shouldn't count since you haven't truly bought it yet.

Thanks for the heads up. If I preorder via BB.com using my BB credit card it's going to tied up that much in available credit on my card until the game releases many months from now right?

Not a big deal but just not a fan of preorder systems like that
It should only be temporary, like in the OP, bestbuy.com just does a temporary authorization, and then releases the funds. Afterwards, it will charge when the game ships.

I would think so since returning items it is immediately added back.
Thanks.

OK, this is total BS--my order page says the CE "can't be canceled"? Why the heck not?! :headache: Looks like I'll have to send an email or call Best Buy CS...

But maybe I shouldn't even bother, as I'm sure I could find some other use for this $20 certificate within a year... :whistle2:k

Thanks.

OK, this is total BS--my order page says the CE "can't be canceled"? Why the heck not?! :headache: Looks like I'll have to send an email or call Best Buy CS...

But maybe I shouldn't even bother, as I'm sure I could find some other use for this $20 certificate within a year... :whistle2:k
This has been happening a lot lately. Probably 2/3 of the games I have preordered at Bestbuy.com say they can't be cancelled despite not being released for months. You unfortunately have to call the 1-800 number and they can cancel orders on their end.

Thanks.

According to their CS, BB is no longer allowing cancellations of game preorders on their website. I found that out this weekend when I wanted to change the payment method on one of my preorders, placed a new order with my desired payment method, and then found that my old preorder couldn't be cancelled. So I call CS to fix it, which they did, but they told me that game preorders can't be cancelled through the site anymore.

Thanks.

According to their CS, BB is no longer allowing cancellations of game preorders on their website. I found that out this weekend when I wanted to change the payment method on one of my preorders, placed a new order with my desired payment method, and then found that my old preorder couldn't be cancelled. So I call CS to fix it, which they did, but they told me that game preorders can't be cancelled through the site anymore.

I'm a GOW fan but I think what turned people off to that CE was that it was over produced and the game was the least intriguing of all in the series.

While possible I don't really see sony going apeshit crazy with this one as they have no guranatee it will sell well
The Order has a few things going for it that make me think it'll sell out the CE/PE pretty quickly.

• It's hitting the "Next Gen is finally here" curve right at the start of it (about a year after console launches)
  • It'll be on PS4 only, so not as large of a print run
  • The game has a lot of positive buzz going on (very similar to how The Last of Us was viewed prior to release)
  • Two types of CE's, which probably means lower numbers for each type
I really think this one is going to go the same route as The Last of Us, and if anything it will be harder to get a copy of the CE/PE's.

The Order has a few things going for it that make me think it'll sell out the CE/PE pretty quickly.

• It's hitting the "Next Gen is finally here" curve right at the start of it (about a year after console launches)
  • It'll be on PS4 only, so not as large of a print run
  • The game has a lot of positive buzz going on (very similar to how The Last of Us was viewed prior to release)
  • Two types of CE's, which probably means lower numbers for each type
I really think this one is going to go the same route as The Last of Us, and if anything it will be harder to get a copy of the CE/PE's.
Also steelbooks help out.

If it didn't have a steel I would be skipping. Thanks that help me buy a CEs are steelbooks, and an amazing value for the price. I want the DA one, but for $170. I just don't see it. I'll just pay $20 for the steelbook on ebay

Damn it I had to put an order in for witcher 3 collectors edition, my wife is gonna kill me after this and getting the Dragon age inquisition collectors edition! Oh well they just look to good to pass up!

I forget that game even exists lol
Right! I think not being able to get the console version of the game out before fall is really going to bite them in the ass.
I was stoked for it, but now with everything else coming out I might not have time.

Looks like all of the versions of the Dragon Age: Inquisition CE are sold out now, other than the Xbox One version. I'm expecting that one to be marked "not available" any minute now.

When I preordered the DAI: CE, I noticed that the invoice shows your order as 2 separate items: the CE box for $100 and the Deluxe edition of the game itself for $69.99. That leads me to think that the CE boxes and the games are packaged separately, so when one version of the CE sells out, they all do.

Saw the Witcher 2 for $4 but figured I'd get a physical copy if it had extras instead. I see a Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition and Witcher 2 Premium. The premium edition has some decent extras and I could always download the update. Does the EE come with anything? 

While you cant get the Xillia 2 CE off of BBY's website, you can still put the $5 down on it in-store as of this morning.   Unfortunately it seems like Witcher 3 CE is not available for pre-order in store (yet?) so you'll have to plop down the full amount via the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back