Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to spam this again but, hey guys please vote +1 over at bestbuy forum for future video game releases to have steelbooks as preorder bonus

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-FutureShop-s-Best-Buy-Subsidiary-Gaming-Steelbook-Program/idi-p/776127

but we need more votes, the bestbuy mods already took notice of the idea. here is his response:

3786448876_757fb40818_o.png
Allan-BBY
moderator.gif
9 hours ago

Options

I can't imagine any customer not wanting to see this happen, and thanks for all the comments here. Any further thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Remember to vote for an idea if you like it.

we only have 23 votes right now, we need to get it to atleast 40+ votes for this idea to even pass like the previous $20 preorder rewardzone certificates.
You only need 40 votes to have something enacted? How do we not have 40+ from this thread alone...

You only need 40 votes to have something enacted? How do we not have 40+ from this thread alone...
40+ vote for something to be reviewed by bestbuy internal business team. 100+ vote gets automatically pass, like a bill in congress. ENUF got 135+ votes for $120 gamers unlocked membership fee for 2 years to pass automatically.

40+ vote for something to be reviewed by bestbuy internal business team. 100+ vote gets automatically pass, like a bill in congress. ENUF got 135+ votes for $120 gamers unlocked membership fee for 2 years to pass automatically.
Ill sign up for it and vote soon man.

Sent my password back to my e-mail and got a kudo to the post.

We need to get this done.

I did my part and voted. I don't understand why we've not collectively come up with more ideas to get in front of bestbuy. Maybe we can save bestbuy from itself!

So I got an email saying my theatrhythm mascot strap tonberry is backordered but if you go to the store page it shows in stock. Is this just because Digital River treated the DLC codes as a shipped item and the system viewed the other items as not in stock?

Can anybody else who ordered the LR CE and who popped in another item to get free shipping chime in? I'm going to be upset if Digital River is jacking with my order for no reason.

Looks Iike I got the email 2 hours ago.

So I got an email saying my theatrhythm mascot strap tonberry is backordered but if you go to the store page it shows in stock. Is this just because Digital River treated the DLC codes as a shipped item and the system viewed the other items as not in stock?

Can anybody else who ordered the LR CE and who popped in another item to get free shipping chime in? I'm going to be upset if Digital River is jacking with my order for no reason.

I ordered mine with a digital copy of VIII. Got that code instantly, and the 12$ charge stayed on my card even though the other 90$ disappeared. Got my DLC code sometime earlier today and no other issues

I ordered mine with a digital copy of VIII. Got that code instantly, and the 12$ charge stayed on my card even though the other 90$ disappeared. Got my DLC code sometime earlier today and no other issues
Balls, I'll go ahead and try and get an answer from them although I've dealt with before and it's been a pain in the dick.

I did my part and voted. I don't understand why we've not collectively come up with more ideas to get in front of bestbuy. Maybe we can save bestbuy from itself!
we could, but as you can see, most members think bestbuy does not care, and their voices/votes does not matter. they do not even try. Currently, there are 200 members browsing this forum. if 1/4 of the total member browsing this forum right now choose to vote, we would of had at least 50 votes by now. Sadly, we are only still at a low number of 32 votes.

added +1

Maybe someone needs to make a thread for this so we can get 100+ and get an automatic pass.

I want more steelbooks like Futureshop

Voted for the steelbooks at Best Buy. This would be great if they actually started this and then add GCU = fantastic deal.

we could, but as you can see, most members think bestbuy does not care, and their voices/votes does not matter. they do not even try. Currently, there are 200 members browsing this forum. if 1/4 of the total member browsing this forum right now choose to vote, we would of had at least 50 votes by now. Sadly, we are only still at a low number of 32 votes.
I'm pretty sure most CAGs and lurkers would appreciate more steelbooks. Just don't know why it is so hard to take 1 minute to click a button. The faster we get enough votes, the quicker we can get a response, and hopefully have it approved before more big titles come out later this year.

The downside is that we might get denied. I'm hoping we get a ton of votes and the fact they already have this program in place at FutureShop will make it a financially good decision for them to bring it here.

I'm pretty sure most CAGs and lurkers would appreciate more steelbooks. Just don't know why it is so hard to take 1 minute to click a button. The faster we get enough votes, the quicker we can get a response, and hopefully have it approved before more big titles come out later this year.

The downside is that we might get denied. I'm hoping we get a ton of votes and the fact they already have this program in place at FutureShop will make it a financially good decision for them to bring it here.
i understand the risk of being denied, but a bestbuy mod even responded, so there is hope. also enuf was able to get the gamers online coupon code implemented, and the $120 special tier gamers unlocked membership idea pass gives me a slight hope( which i never thought bestbuy would implement). i also want bestbuy to implement the steelbooks for preorders as a norm like futureshop does with almost all their video game releases.

Both me and Enuf have tried creating many IdeaX to get us CAGs more benefits/improved services for shopping at Best Buy. It just that we only get enough votes for some of them. Even the ones we get enough votes, takes a good amount of time, and begging on random threads. I basically gave up on doing it since the effort is not worth it, if the majority don't care.

i understand the risk of being denied, but a bestbuy mod even responded, so there is hope. also enuf was able to get the gamers online coupon code implemented, and the $120 special tier gamers unlocked membership idea pass gives me a slight hope( which i never thought bestbuy would implement).
I know the ideaX work because a ton of the benfits and corrections we have now are because of them. They rarely deny ideaX submissions that have a good amount of votes. I personally haven't seen one, it just that Best Buy takes a really long time to implement them, some up to 1 year after creation.

Both me and Enuf have tried creating many IdeaX to get us CAGs more benefits/improved services for shopping at Best Buy. It just that we only get enough votes for some of them. Even the ones we get enough votes, takes a good amount of time, and begging on random threads. I basically gave up on doing it since the effort is not worth it, if the majority don't care.

I know the ideaX work because a ton of the benfits and corrections we have now are because of them. They rarely deny ideaX submissions that have a good amount of votes. I personally haven't seen one, it just that Best Buy takes a really long time to implement them, some up to 1 year since creation.
yeah, i know it takes a long time, but what can you do? unless we are able to get 100+ votes by the end of this week. i had to literally spam, and clamor for your idea, and we still did not peek the 40 votes mark yet.

yeah, i know it takes a long time, but what can you do? unless we are able to get 100+ votes by the end of this week. i had to literally spam, and clamor for your idea, and we still did not peek the 40 votes mark yet.
I noticed the votes are adding up quicker than previous ideaX. It's currently the top ideaX so it should grab Best Buy's attention. Thanks for your help and to everyone that has voted so far. :D

The same thing happened to me. I like how the site said the Tonberry would be available by the end of January and then we get a back order email. I decided to make another order and order 2 copies of the CE (one ps3 and one xbox). Hopefully I'll be able to sell one online. Shouldn't be too hard as I see that some have sold for $150 on eBay.

I nearly ordered a Tonberry plush instead of VIII, but it stealthily said that it was both backordered AND pre-ordered. Maybe something similar happened to you guys?

After reading around the details for it, it said release wasnt till March

I nearly ordered a Tonberry plush instead of VIII, but it stealthily said that it was both backordered AND pre-ordered. Maybe something similar happened to you guys?

After reading around the details for it, it said release wasnt till March
The Tonberry plush says it comes out in March. The Tonberry keychain says it was to be released by the end of January. Not surprised the Square Enix Store / Digital River sucks as usual. My order for FFX / X-2 doesn't even show up in my order history but I have the confirmation in my email. Tsk tsk.

Voted, I was #50.  :)  I didn't fully understand until I read the BB thread that this is asking for an existing program at one of their Canadian subsidiaries to be brought to the US, which sounds completely doable to me.  I was wondering before I read the thread where they were magically going to get these steelbook cases.  :p  

PSA to those that ordered Bravely Default Collector's Edition. Seems like a lot of retailers may have oversold allocation for the CE. Amazon is sending out back order emails and Best Buy has cancelled some orders and not updated order status for customers as well. Be weary of your order if you placed it recently as orders are fulfilled based on queue.

Refer to the Bravely Default CE thread for discussion on the issue.

good news everyone! with all your votes/support. the idea has been officially under review. more votes are appreciated tho.

reponse from the mod today.

by
3786448876_757fb40818_o.png
Allan-BBY
moderator.gif
51m ago

Status changed to: Under Review
Thanks for all the feedback on this one. We are looking into this.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/3863/page/3#comments
Well, I didn't know Best Buy made these things that simple.

Wonder what other good can be done through that board. Only other thing I can think of that would improve bestbuy is having managers or people competent enough to be managers answering phone calls. Depending on the store and day the quality just differs too much.

Hopefully Best Buy comes through for us.  I would definitely give them more of my money if I get a steelbook every time I buy/preorder a new game.

So we still need more votes right?

100 will get it passed faster?

Lets get it done.
Yes, more votes will help/convince them. the 50+ votes, we have right now is just getting the idea into the door, for them to review it.

Is the Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Limited Edition supposed to ship early in time for release?

Well this LR order is going splendidly.  I knew digital river was going to be a risk, but I took it anyway(nephew really wants the watch).  First I sign up for a Square Enix account and let my nephew look for something to put the order over $100.  He settles on the chocobo strap after I suggested no other preorders due to the hold for shipping.  I try to order and it says my just created account has been locked due to suspicious activity.  What could have been suspicious in the twenty minutes he was looking in the store.  I get it unlocked and place the order.  I get the Cloud code when everyone else did.  Now the chocobo strap is on backorder like the tonberry strap is for others.  I should have just let him get another preorder item, but the straps said available.  Fingers crossed that they actually ship the game separately or get the strap back in stock soon.

Just got an email and my Lightning Returns is now shipping.

Even got a tracking number but doesn't work yet.

Will check tomorrow.

Woohoo, maybe we will get them on time.

-they havent charged my card yet, but im sure they will by the end of the day.

At least one CE looks good. Now to score Bravery Default.

Well this LR order is going splendidly. I knew digital river was going to be a risk, but I took it anyway(nephew really wants the watch). First I sign up for a Square Enix account and let my nephew look for something to put the order over $100. He settles on the chocobo strap after I suggested no other preorders due to the hold for shipping. I try to order and it says my just created account has been locked due to suspicious activity. What could have been suspicious in the twenty minutes he was looking in the store. I get it unlocked and place the order. I get the Cloud code when everyone else did. Now the chocobo strap is on backorder like the tonberry strap is for others. I should have just let him get another preorder item, but the straps said available. Fingers crossed that they actually ship the game separately or get the strap back in stock soon.
And this is exactly why DR is bad. When I ordered from them one thing was backordered and 3 others in stock. I patiently waited and waited and waited and that thing finally came back in stock, but other things were unavailable so no shipping. I ended up having to call get them to cancel stuff on backorder to get it shipped which they just ended up killing the whole order and somehow 2 of the things out of 5 shipped anyway. A mess, wouldn't order multiple items in one order cause of this. Also doesn't help that DR never says about the stock of things unlike say Amazon or even Newegg that says oh we don't have it yet or something. Terrible service, and I may be ordering Drakengard 3 physical because it may be exclusive. I'm already cringing that order.

Preordered a PS3 copy of Lightning Returns last night. My Target had about 10 preorder cards for each system.
I'm about to head over after I get off work, hopefully my store has plenty as well. I honestly never thought about just selling the extra game & DLC code until someone mentioned it here. :p

And this is exactly why DR is bad. When I ordered from them one thing was backordered and 3 others in stock. I patiently waited and waited and waited and that thing finally came back in stock, but other things were unavailable so no shipping. I ended up having to call get them to cancel stuff on backorder to get it shipped which they just ended up killing the whole order and somehow 2 of the things out of 5 shipped anyway. A mess, wouldn't order multiple items in one order cause of this. Also doesn't help that DR never says about the stock of things unlike say Amazon or even Newegg that says oh we don't have it yet or something. Terrible service, and I may be ordering Drakengard 3 physical because it may be exclusive. I'm already cringing that order.
I said screw it with my Tonberry order and placed another order with 2 copies of the game. I knew DR would screw up something so simple. I already got tracking information for the order I just placed yesterday so I will cancel my original order in a day or two.

Well I'm never ordering anything from Digital River again. What a cluster fuck this is turning into.

So not only does the tonberry strap still show in stock, I called to see when it was expected to be in stock. Customer service rep says, "Uh, it shows january 31st....ummm....well we will ship your order when product is available, thank you for call...". I cut her off and told her I wanted to cancel that item so the rest of my order would ship. She says she can't, she has to cancel the whole order. I told her to go ahead and do that, she puts me on hold.

She comes back and tells me she has submitted a cancel request but they may not be able to cancel my order because it is already processing. I got a little argumentative at this point asking how they can be processing my order when they can't tell me when the order will be in stock or ship. She says a lot of ums and uhs and I tell her to escalate the call to a manager.

She sends me to a customer service manager, he tells me he is going to help. He reviews my order and gives me the exact same information she did. He can't tell me if the order is cancelled or not so if it comes to me I need to refuse delivery. Not acceptable so right now I'm on hold for that guys boss.

I now understand all the bitching about digital river. Screw this, I'm just picking up a steel book copy from target and calling it a day.

No shipping email yet, hope I dont have to deal with DR shenanigans. I dont have the patience after having to deal with Best Buy last week

Well I'm never ordering anything from Digital River again. What a cluster fuck this is turning into.

So not only does the tonberry strap still show in stock, I called to see when it was expected to be in stock. Customer service rep says, "Uh, it shows january 31st....ummm....well we will ship your order when product is available, thank you for call...". I cut her off and told her I wanted to cancel that item so the rest of my order would ship. She says she can't, she has to cancel the whole order. I told her to go ahead and do that, she puts me on hold.

She comes back and tells me she has submitted a cancel request but they may not be able to cancel my order because it is already processing. I got a little argumentative at this point asking how they can be processing my order when they can't tell me when the order will be in stock or ship. She says a lot of ums and uhs and I tell her to escalate the call to a manager.

She sends me to a customer service manager, he tells me he is going to help. He reviews my order and gives me the exact same information she did. He can't tell me if the order is cancelled or not so if it comes to me I need to refuse delivery. Not acceptable so right now I'm on hold for that guys boss.

I now understand all the bitching about digital river. Screw this, I'm just picking up a steel book copy from target and calling it a day.
If you still want the CE just order that and take the shipping costs. As for cancelling, I was able to cancel 3 orders I placed online. Granted that was before release but I intend to cancel my other order that's currently backordered the same way. I logged in yesterday and it looks like I can request cancellation much like my other orders. I mean there really is a reason why people hate digital river, such a stupid company.

Still waiting on a shipping confirmation for my order.  I ordered it with a copy of Dungeon Siege III on :360: since my copy I own is one signed by the dev team.  Thankfully DS3 is in stock.  Just a bit impatient I think since I really want to play LR. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back