Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
When does Square Enix/ Digital River charge for pre-orders? If I order Drakengard 3 CE will they charge me once it ships?
They put a pre-charge on your card that goes away in a few days, and then charges you when the game actually ships.

Think the CE is sold out now though on the store.

Just hit Best Buy and reserved South Park Stick of Truth CE. Cant wait for this game.
I'm waiting on Stick of Truth, because of the delays plus South Park's not-so-positive history in video games. But it looks like it has the potential for awesomeness. If the reviews are good I'll pick it up, otherwise I'll wait for a price drop.

Do you guys think One Piece: Romance Dawn will become the next Xenoblade? I wasn't that interested in it but I may want to play it one day and I'd rather not pay $80 for it.
This is why you should get games because you want to play it. What's that you say? You can't get the game because hoarders bought all the copies and GameStop is selling them for 100+ dollars for 'shrink wrap removed new'? It's ok, by that time you can probably run the game on an emulator on your PC. ;P

Just watched the Titanfall CE unboxing and the box is HUGE!!! I preordered online for shipping from Best Buy. Since I am GCU it was only $200 plus tax plus it was a gift for my B-day. But I'm afraid with a box that big they'll just stick a shipping label on it and send it as is :whistle2:/. It seems like the larger CE's always get roughed up (i.e. Skyrim, SWTOR) I hope I'm wrong. I do wish it came with some LE/CE exclusive DLC too though.

Just watched the Titanfall CE unboxing and the box is HUGE!!! I preordered online for shipping from Best Buy. Since I am GCU it was only $200 plus tax plus it was a gift for my B-day. But I'm afraid with a box that big they'll just stick a shipping label on it and send it as is :whistle2:/.
Best Buy is kinda notorious for that. They shipped one of the 24" 3D PS3 monitors to me that way. Thankfully it wasn't damaged but the box got pretty beat up.

Maybe there will be enough surplus to do an in store exchange if that happens...

Reasons against it being worth a lot:
1) Its not a really good game. (Xenoblade was)
2) Its on the eshop (Xenoblade isnt)
Exactly. I'd buy Xenoblade with my new Zelda Wii U if it was on the EShop. Now I have to wait on another GS sale & I have to get a Wii Remote Plus (never owned a Wii.)

This market will die out as all the One Piece fanboys/girls get their copies & the demand flatlines as the quality of the game is subpar. Physical copies will probably always be over its MSRP but I don't think it will stay at $100.

Hopefully my Symphonia CE comes in today. Was in the next town since yesterday morning and still no update. Only worries me because usually UPS delivers my packages 9-11am and it's almost 1pm

Too bad I missed out on the Tales of Symphonia collectors. Knew I should have pre-ordered on that. Will just have to hope for a restock.  At least I learned my lesson though with ordering two of the Drakengard collectors editions aha

A gamestop 27 miles away has a Symphonia CE. I called and the guy said they received a non-preorder copy and it's been sitting there since yesterday. I asked if he could hold it till I get out of school and he agreed even though they aren't supposed to hold New release items. Is this really happening?! I must be the chosen one! I'll update you guys later. Wish me luck!

Too bad I missed out on the Tales of Symphonia collectors. Knew I should have pre-ordered on that. Will just have to hope for a restock. At least I learned my lesson though with ordering two of the Drakengard collectors editions aha
Off topic:Love Beck!

On topic: Got my CE from amazon and it came in alright shape.a lil ding but what can you do

A gamestop 27 miles away has a Symphonia CE. I called and the guy said they received a non-preorder copy and it's been sitting there since yesterday. I asked if he could hold it till I get out of school and he agreed even though they aren't supposed to hold New release items. Is this really happening?! I must be the chosen one! I'll update you guys later. Wish me luck!
UPDATE: I got it! the person was so awesome. he said he fended off 2 other clients because he was holding it for me! This makes my day!

Seeing how big that Titanfall CE box is...it isn't gonna take Best Buy any time at all to clearance that thing. IF there is stock remaining. I give it 2-4 weeks and whatever's left will be discounted.

And I also would be wary ordering this online from them because they will almost certainly slap a label on it and send it. I've had numerous CE's smaller than that come that way from them.

Question regarding a best buy preorder: If I don't pick up my titan fall CE on release does that preorder stay in their system so say there is a clearance in 2-4 weeks can I still use what I put down towards it to pick one up?

Question regarding a best buy preorder: If I don't pick up my titan fall CE on release does that preorder stay in their system so say there is a clearance in 2-4 weeks can I still use what I put down towards it to pick one up?
I think they're like GameStop and only hold it for 48hours.

I just saw a thread for the Tales of Xillia Collectors Edition coming back in stock, but now it seems to be gone.

Anyway, I think I am going to jump on this, but can't decide now If I should just buy it from an Ebay seller or Namco, which would be from Digital River. My LR:CE came fine from DR, but should I risk it again?

Also, to anyone that has it already, is the box that it comes in hard cased, like to Tales of Symphonia CE or is it soft cardboard?

they eat your preorder $ after a month or more, after the game has been released. you have to bring a receipt, or proof to get a refund of your preorder with a managers override.

Seeing how big that Titanfall CE box is...it isn't gonna take Best Buy any time at all to clearance that thing. IF there is stock remaining. I give it 2-4 weeks and whatever's left will be discounted.

And I also would be wary ordering this online from them because they will almost certainly slap a label on it and send it. I've had numerous CE's smaller than that come that way from them.
I don't think this item will ever hit clearance. My guess is that stores only allocate actual orders and that they aren't buying extra stock to sell on the floor. With inventory costs already high as it is, what incentive do stores have to order more stock if they don't think they will sell it. Even GameStop is following this model where they aren't getting extra copies of expensive CEs.

I'll use CoD Prestige Edition as an example. Other stores like Target got plenty of stock. My Best Buy only got the actual amount preordered and they had no more to sell on the floor.

I don't think this item will ever hit clearance. My guess is that stores only allocate actual orders and that they aren't buying extra stock to sell on the floor. With inventory costs already high as it is, what incentive do stores have to order more stock if they don't think they will sell it. Even GameStop is following this model where they aren't getting extra copies of expensive CEs.

I'll use CoD Prestige Edition as an example. Other stores like Target got plenty of stock. My Best Buy only got the actual amount preordered and they had no more to sell on the floor.
It's strange. My local BB has 4 copies of ACIV Limited Edition. Three for the PS3 and one for the PS4. Those are the only big box CEs there, however.

It's strange. My local BB has 4 copies of ACIV Limited Edition. Three for the PS3 and one for the PS4. Those are the only big box CEs there, however.
That's my point. It doesn't make sense for them to order more allocation if it isn't going to sell. The size of the Titanfall CE is huge. I don't even think they can put one display box out either. GameStop didn't even get extra allocation of Last of Us Post Pandemic because they took up so much room and were of course limited.

they eat your preorder $ after a month or more, after the game has been released. you have to bring a receipt, or proof to get a refund of your preorder with a managers override.
I'm not sure what the timeline is, but I preordered Dead Island Riptide to get the Steelbook. I did it at an out-of-state BB because I was on vacation and was worried that my local BB would be sold out. Anyway, I never bothered to pick up my preorder.

A few weeks later or so, the CE dropped to $45 online so I ordered it. A couple days after that, I was presently surprised to see the $20 preorder BB reward certificate.

Bottom line, their system seems to keep track of preorders by MyBB account, and it's possible to get the preorder bonus even if you don't pick up your copy at the store you preordered it at.

Double post!

My BB is the same way. I haven't seen a CE on the floor in a year or more. They only order enough to cover preorders (which means you need to pick it up on release day before an associate accidentally puts in on the floor).

Right, but online it very well may. They may not take up floor space if they aren't there, but unsold copies will take up warehouse space.

It may not come to that, but it just depends on how many cancelled pre-orders they get, and how fast they sell those that cancelled, IMO.

Also, is the XBONE the only system getting the CE? I imagine the 360 won't sell as well.

And I dont think either of the 2 best buys around me adhere to this new practice, as both have numerous AC Black Flag and Prestige Editions on the floor.

Right, but online it very well may. They may not take up floor space if they aren't there, but unsold copies will take up warehouse space.

It may not come to that, but it just depends on how many cancelled pre-orders they get, and how fast they sell those that cancelled, IMO.

Also, is the XBONE the only system getting the CE? I imagine the 360 won't sell as well.
I believe the 360 will be getting a CE version as well. I'm not sure about the PC... but I would assume that would be getting one too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back