Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever cracks open the CE of Titanfall, look at the bottom, bet it says Made in China/Mexico/India .. For $250 they are raping fans of money, making bucko money on margins.
That is terrible logic.

I started to breakdown why everything you just said was so wrong, but just stopped as anyone with critical thinking skills could tear this argument apart.

Its still a no. No one should have to pay more than the cost of the base game to get MP levels. Then what if they do make a map that CE only? That only causes more complications for the developers and the potential fans.
What's the difference between an exclusive map pack for a CE of a game, vs. a $50 season pass? Both require extra compensation, at least you get a bit more with a CE.

Ended up scoring a ToS CE at GS yesterday, but, man, it was a pain.

I went in because my closest store showed In Stock instead of Low Stock (which usually means they have more than 2 of something) and as I was browsing around, I heard one of the employees on the phone talking about how they "got more of that collector's edition you were looking for" so I assumed they were talking about ToS. I went up and asked to see if they had any and the guy checking was super cool about it, but then the guy on the phone was just like "yeah, sorry, we don't have any of those and haven't for a while." Of course, I got frustrated because I could just tell they wanted to hold it for a friend/employee/whoever was on the other end of the phone. 

So I was salty and went outside and immediately sent in a survey talking about how I felt like my intelligence was insulted because they were obviously on the phone talking about having a game that they told me they didn't have.

Lo and behold, the GS District Manager called me 10 minutes later. Turns out that HE was the guy on the other end and he was trying to get the copy held for himself because he missed out on the pre-order too. He apologized like crazy and decided to sell me his copy of the game, but I felt like a douche afterwards. A douche who has the ToS CE. :(

What's the difference between an exclusive map pack for a CE of a game, vs. a $50 season pass? Both require extra compensation, at least you get a bit more with a CE.
There's actually a fairly big difference. Everyone that owns the game in any form can choose to buy the regularly released DLC for it--whenever they want and they can even wait for a sale. When it's limited to the CE, though, then you are forced to buy the CE--and usually a physical copy, at that. There are only so many released, not everyone buys games new, not everyone wants a physical copy, not everyone wants the CE, etc etc. Starting to see all the differences

There's actually a fairly big difference. Everyone that owns the game in any form can choose to buy the regularly released DLC for it--whenever they want and they can even wait for a sale. When it's limited to the CE, though, then you are forced to buy the CE--and usually a physical copy, at that. There are only so many released, not everyone buys games new, not everyone wants a physical copy, not everyone wants the CE, etc etc. Starting to see all the differences
Yeah, I know. That's not what I was saying. "No one should have to pay more than the cost of the base game to get MP levels."

I was more responding to that. What's the difference in having to pay more for a CE that has extra maps included, vs. having to pay for a season pass? Either way, you're paying more than the base game for extra maps.

And most of the time, the CE DLC/maps eventually gets released to everyone anyways. Only a few have not been, IIRC.

Yeah, I know. That's not what I was saying. "No one should have to pay more than the cost of the base game to get MP levels."

I was more responding to that. What's the difference in having to pay more for a CE that has extra maps included, vs. having to pay for a season pass? Either way, you're paying more than the base game for extra maps.

And most of the time, the CE DLC/maps eventually gets released to everyone anyways. Only a few have not been, IIRC.
Ah, gotcha. I think it also goes back to the idea of day 1 DLC, though. If they are releasing the game with a map gated off--regardless of how--then that is shitty. The content from a season pass is usually released over the course of a year or so and contains content that is not developed yet. Honestly, any day 1 DLC--in a CE or not--is just shitty and is bound to piss a lot of people off.

Ah, gotcha. I think it also goes back to the idea of day 1 DLC, though. If they are releasing the game was a map gated off--regardless of how--then that is shitty. The content from a season pass is usually released over the course of a year or so and contains content that is not developed yet. Honestly, any day 1 DLC--in a CE or not--is just shitty and is bound to piss a lot of people off.
Yeah, I definitely agree with that. If it's there on day one, it should be in the game, period.

Ah, gotcha. I think it also goes back to the idea of day 1 DLC, though. If they are releasing the game with a map gated off--regardless of how--then that is shitty. The content from a season pass is usually released over the course of a year or so and contains content that is not developed yet. Honestly, any day 1 DLC--in a CE or not--is just shitty and is bound to piss a lot of people off.
Back to my original point, pissed or not, it would sell more CE's then anything else... I know you "statue" and "steelbook" purists don't want to hear that but it's the truth.

This.

You're taking what I said out of context. I'm not saying you shouldn't pay for content that's intended as POST LAUNCH DLC. i.e. Season Pass maps. I'm saying maps shouldn't be exclusive to CE because its:

1. Unfair to those who can't afford some big collectors edition.
2. Those who couldn't get it from being sold out.
3. Also unfair to be forced to pay an exuberant amount of money for 1 map.

I agree that it can push sales, but that's a Shorty business practice that should never be put into place.

Also, CE that include the Season Pass (Halo 4) is a great business practice. It could even be better if a CE included the SP, PLUS early access. Like Battlefield.

But its still a BIG NO to exclusive maps. All you're doing is alienating your fan base.

[quote name="GBAstar" post="11574391" timestamp="1393792505"]Back to my original point, pissed or not, it would sell more CE's then anything else... I know you "statue" and "steelbook" purists don't want to hear that but it's the truth.[/quote]

I really wasn't even responding to you with that--I agree, for the record. Also, I hate statues. Lol

I can see it in order history and can view invoice, but when I try to check order status for the ToS CE I ordered during the restock on Thursday or Friday it shows no orders.

Anyone else getting this?

I can see it in order history and can view invoice, but when I try to check order status for the ToS CE I ordered during the restock on Thursday or Friday it shows no orders.

Anyone else getting this?
In the ToS CE thread, some people are having some order problems too. Did you get a confirmation email at least? Another person and myself put in orders during the "restock" and still have our orders as "orders in progress" even though I put it as 1 day shipping, so I don't think anyone is making any progress on anything since then.

In the ToS CE thread, some people are having some order problems too. Did you get a confirmation email at least? Another person and myself put in orders during the "restock" and still have our orders as "orders in progress" even though I put it as 1 day shipping, so I don't think anyone is making any progress on anything since then.
Mine is showing "Boxed shipment" under the item information for my order # on the Namco site. It looks like a valid order, so my guess is that I should see it ship out tomorrow. I did receive a confirmation email and the order # comes up as a valid order on the Namco site.

Do you guys think I can wait for a cheaper version of the watch dogs ce for the Xbox one or should I pre-order now?
Its Ubisoft so there will be copies sitting on shelves for long after the game comes out. Targets by me still have the AC3 CE's on the shelves and GS probably would too if they didnt convert them to used. The Splinter Cell CE is another example. There is the slim chance that since its a new IP, Ubisoft wont make too many of them, but i'm betting more on Ubisoft's track record with the previously mentioned CE's.

What is your most anticipated March release? 

Me? Dark Souls II !

Cannot wait. 

I want to get the guide, and The Sky artbook collection, but damn, $120 for a game is pretty pricey .... 

I think I'm cancelling my ES:O orders. I keep hearing the game is just ok. For $15 a month it has be more then just ok.

Does anyone know how to change an order on Square Store? I need to change the payment method and maybe the stuff in the order. I can't find my way around this site x.x

Does anyone know how to change an order on Square Store? I need to change the payment method and maybe the stuff in the order. I can't find my way around this site x.x
Have to either contact Digital River and pray that someone will actually fix it or cancel and remake the order.

Have to either contact Digital River and pray that someone will actually fix it or cancel and remake the order.
I just got off the phone with Digital River actually, I hold virtually no hope of ever getting my initial LR CE order cancelled. They have no idea what is going on over there.

I just got off the phone with Digital River actually, I hold virtually no hope of ever getting my initial LR CE order cancelled. They have no idea what is going on over there.
Lol no one does. I preordered Ghost Recon two years early (it was delayed, and at the time it was $20 off) and it wasn't shipped until 6 days after release. They did that to ALL preorders made before the delays. Wish I would have played that MP more when the game was fresh, a lot of fun( it was popular when Sony shut down all the SOCOM servers)

My South Park Wizard's Edition never shipped even though my estimated delivery is 3-4-14.  The weather is nasty around here so I imagine that is why mine was not shipped.

Trying to decide if I want to pre-order Drakengard 3. Today is the last day to get the Japanese voice overs. I wonder if you'll be able to purchase it later as DLC? Don't really want to deal with Digital River ... seem to hear nothing but bad things. 

I think I'm cancelling my ES:O orders. I keep hearing the game is just ok. For $15 a month it has be more then just ok.
Why would you cancel? Sell it off on eBay if it doesn't come back in stock before release. It's sold out months in advance, so there's high demand. If they wait to make more after release, like the publisher for Batman Origins, then you can make a decent profit on eBay beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back