Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I don't think $250 is terrible though. I mean they get $350 for the replica Vigor bottles... and they actually resell for that much on eBay (from time to time) and for me personally I wouldn't pick those up for my collection unless they were $80-$100 a piece and I tend to spend pretty liberally.

I was the only person at my best buy who had a CE ordered. When they brought it out it pretty much drew the attention of every employee. Stood there for about 30 minutes debating to actually buy it or not. Ended up bringing it home. Was #14,729 out of the 35,000 made. Is really nice but will sit in box and closet until I get a game room one day or end up reselling the statue itself.

I was the only person at my best buy who had a CE ordered. When they brought it out it pretty much drew the attention of every employee. Stood there for about 30 minutes debating to actually buy it or not. Ended up bringing it home. Was #14,729 out of the 35,000 made. Is really nice but will sit in box and closet until I get a game room one day or end up reselling the statue itself.
It's so big that if you said phrased that as "I went home to sleep on it," people could think that you literally fell asleep laying on top of the box.

Well if I can't pay rent at anytime I could probably live in this box. Currently sits hidden in my closet right now.
I asked in the other TF thread but I finally got around to watching the IGN unboxing and at one point he moves the statue a few inches and the titan starts wabbling around. Are there pieces that make it more secure or is that its natural setting?

I asked in the other TF thread but I finally got around to watching the IGN unboxing and at one point he moves the statue a few inches and the titan starts wabbling around. Are there pieces that make it more secure or is that its natural setting?
I really didn't take it out of the box just looked at it and touched it to see how firm it felt. I think they gave it a little freedom so it moves a little but it looked pretty firm in place. Painting looked good also.

I really didn't take it out of the box just looked at it and touched it to see how firm it felt. I think they gave it a little freedom so it moves a little but it looked pretty firm in place. Painting looked good also.
Okay thank you. Might buy a statue on the secondary market if the resale value falls but that worried me

So anyone seen any of those Titanfall collectors editions in an actual store yet? I wanna see the size of the box in person.
It looks like 3'x3' and when I saw it I had a hysterical chuckle. You'll wonder how the hell they got it in the store. If I had one, I'd probably put plexiglass on top and use it as a piece of furniture.

Best Buy decided to drop kick and spider-wrap my pre-ordered Dark Souls 2 CE. Ridiculous.

I think I'll just start having them shipped to my house. Seems like they'll be more likely to make it in good shape.

Canceled my FF XIV CE preorder. I figure I wouldn't play the game more than a month, so I'll just pick up the standard version later on for less than half the price.

Best Buy decided to drop kick and spider-wrap my pre-ordered Dark Souls 2 CE. Ridiculous.

I think I'll just start having them shipped to my house. Seems like they'll be more likely to make it in good shape.
I received my DSII CE by mail from Best Buy yesterday.

They shipped it a box but didn't use any packing material.

Luckily, it wasn't damaged.

I also had a similar experience. I went in to pick up my in-store pre-order of Dark Souls 2 CE & Dark Souls 2 BA Edition. They aparently only got 1 pre-order for the CE because they immediately called the manager over. They had shipped it to the store, it had been crushed, got water damage, and re-packaged in some bubble mailer. The outer box was literally in about a dozen pieces but the contents were "undamaged". The manager offered to give me a $30 GC if I took that CE as-is or I could re-order in the store. I choose to re-order as obviously it is a collectable item.

We'll see if try #2 is successful.

Anyone else get there Dark Souls II CE from Amazon? How did yours arrive? Mine arrived opened and the top right corner of the front of the box ripped a little.

Got the cancellation notice for my tonberry strap today woo hoo!....also got shipment confirmation for my 1st copy of Lightning Returns CE which is just special.

Whats happening with the Drakenguard 3 CE? I had totally forgotten about it and it looks like its OOS now.. damnit. Am i just boned or is there gonna be another wave of them?

Hell, is the game even coming out in a regular edition? I see no pre-order options for it ANYWHERE even just for the vanilla version

Whats happening with the Drakenguard 3 CE? I had totally forgotten about it and it looks like its OOS now.. damnit. Am i just boned or is there gonna be another wave of them?

Hell, is the game even coming out in a regular edition? I see no pre-order options for it ANYWHERE even just for the vanilla version
Was OOS about a month ago? There are only 5k units, so think you actually lucked out unless cancellations. The only way for a physical version is through the SE store. There are no retail distributors for the game. Other than the SE store, it will be available for digital on PSN.

Got the shipping confirmations for my FFX HD CE orders. Apparently DR learned from their past mistake--my Kingdom Hearts piano collection shipped too, even though it's been OOS for at least a month. Looks like I'm gonna be stuck with two CEs.

My FFX HD Remaster CE shipped from SE Store
Me, too. Looks like I may have scored free shipping, too. I had originally ordered it with the FF1/FF2 soundtrack to get the free shipping for orders over $100. I later got an email saying the FF1/FF2 sound track was out of stock, so I had to cancel that part of my order. But, looks like the free shipping is still on the order. Fingers crossed this actually works out. Given the digital river horror stories, I was concerned I would even get the copy I ordered since I had to cancel the other item in the order.

Debating if I should pick up my :xb1: Titanfall CE. The fact that GameStop and Best Buy have removed their listings makes me want it but it's so damn expensive.

Debating if I should pick up my :xb1: Titanfall CE. The fact that GameStop and Best Buy have removed their listings makes me want it but it's so damn expensive.
If you really want a titanfall statue keep it. If you think the money could be spent elsewhere then cancel the preorder. I kept mine and it looks great next to all of my other video game junk. lol

I say get it. It is a nice statue and good quality. Plus it could be a rare piece one day. We all know all 35,000 won't make it over the years. Some will break.

I have purchased almost every collectors edition announced for the last 2-3 years from amazon and i've never received one in bad condition. It also comes packaged together with other items so they always use a big box (no envelopes) and they always include plenty of air bags.

I think if you order 1 item at a time maybe that will cause problems, but with large orders i've never had a problem.

Buy the statue if you really like it.  It's pretty cool.

But the people here speculating over investing in Titanfall CEs to flip at a later date or just because they are running out of stock, are nuts. 

35,000 is a HUGE print run.  They are not going to accrue value.   Chances are they are not even close to sold out.  I bet you that there are a mountain of these things sitting around somewhere and they will pop up for sale shortly.  Hype is only temporary. and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the people that are selling these things on Ebay aren't making money even if they sell for $350.   Only buy it if you are prepared to immediately take it out and display it.  This is not an investment.  Buy it because you like it.  This speculation over buying up this collector's edition is asinine. 

I typically don't buy non-RPG or action adventure CEs. I've never bought a CE for a FPS in my entire life. Just have no interest. Let alone for $250, which will most likely be the new yearly FPS series a la Call of Duty and one at that size. I'm out room for CEs as it is.

I typically don't buy non-RPG or action adventure CEs. I've never bought a CE for a FPS in my entire life. Just have no interest. Let alone for $250, which will most likely be the new yearly FPS series a la Call of Duty and one at that size. I'm out room for CEs as it is.
i cannot speak for everyone else on this forum, but $250 to me is not chump change. i can use that money to buy a lot of video games, that is non-ce

I got mine at $200 since I'm gcu and in the end paid $115 after gift cards
I got mine for free since it was a birthday gift from my fiancé :) But she used my GCU and only paid $200 as well. So, for all who have opened their Titanfall CE, what unit number did you get on you Certificate? I got #00608

I did not get a shipping email from Square Enix.
did you pay for upgraded shipping?

Did you buy other items in haven't been released yet or may be out of stock in the same order?

The free standard shipping items got dispatched first (to arrive in time for release---or around release date) and the paid shipping orders will get dispatched when necessary to arrive on release date. At least that is my understanding

I bought the last 7 CoD CE and regret buying 4 of them: WatW ended up letting just about anyone into the special double XP weekends (only of the 6 party members had to have it to get the whole party in,) MW 2 just sucked; traded it & FF XIII in for Alan Wake CE, & just didn't get the value with the two Black Ops CE (all the co-op zombie maps ended up being in the last pack of the season pass for BLOPS 1, & the soundtrack was the only bonus for BLOPS 2.)

CoD has been my exception to the rule though, usually it's only RPG's & AC CE I purchase.

did you pay for upgraded shipping?

Did you buy other items in haven't been released yet or may be out of stock in the same order?

The free standard shipping items got dispatched first (to arrive in time for release---or around release date) and the paid shipping orders will get dispatched when necessary to arrive on release date. At least that is my understanding
I paid the $2 extra to get the next level shipping up from whatever the basic was.

Just an FYI but the Demon Gaze CE (NIS, PS Vita) just dropped to < 25% left with a little over 5 weeks until release.

I paid the $2 extra to get the next level shipping up from whatever the basic was.
Then I imagine you'll get a shipping confirmation e-mail today or tomorrow as your item will ship later because expected transit time will be less.

Just watched an X/X-2 CE unboxing and I'm seriously considering cancelling it....looks kind of bare. They couldnt even include a damn game case.

The Lightning Returns CE felt awesome for 90$, this one just feels meh.

managed to dredge up a relatively low and not gutted  one piece romance dawn was pleasantly surprised as their gutted copy was a much much later number

Just watched an X/X-2 CE unboxing and I'm seriously considering cancelling it....looks kind of bare. They couldnt even include a damn game case.
Yeah, I guess I wasn't expecting them to put the discs in the back of the large artbook. I know Square-Enix does that with their artbook LEs, but those are much smaller in size. This one isn't going on anyone's game shelf without looking severely out of place.

The Lightning Returns CE felt awesome for 90$, this one just feels meh.
I love Final Fantasy X and that's the reason that I purchased it, but honestly their whole putting the game case and art book together to save money is starting to piss me off. I feel like I almost have to buy the regular edition too so that I have a game that I can access easily to play. When will Square Enix ever learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back