Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's common knowledge that Treehouse are fucking crooks, but they hit a new low with me. After taking my deposit for the Titanfall CE many months ago, they mysteriously failed to charge the rest of the amount or ship my CE. They couldn't give me a reason - and now refuse to give my deposit back.

EA and Treehouse are the largest assholes on the planet.
I dunno man, I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with them and the few instances where I've needed customer service they've gone above and beyond.

Trying getting ahold of them on facebook/twitter or opening a ticket.

If you have proof that you were charged the entire $100 deposit and it wasn't refunded when they didn't ship your order (assuming it wasn't refunded earlier) then I don't see how they couldn't help

TITANFALL Xbox One back in stock on Amazon. It let me add 999 to the cart which is surprising. Still not sure if I should bite on this one...
PC is back in stock too.

With how cheap the game is being giving away on PC (Cd-key) and the fact that they're bundling it with consoles I really don't see these selling out without a price drop.

The resale value isn't even that high to temp resellers; especially when you factor in that it is going to cost an arm and leg to ship and I mean honestly... how many can one fit in their parents basement anyways?

I will buy for $150 and that's not a knock on the game.

PC is back in stock too.

With how cheap the game is being giving away on PC (Cd-key) and the fact that they're bundling it with consoles I really don't see these selling out without a price drop.

The resale value isn't even that high to temp resellers; especially when you factor in that it is going to cost an arm and leg to ship and I mean honestly... how many can one fit in their parents basement anyways?

I'm inclined to agree. Just found out they made 35,000 for each platform. I could see the XBOX ONE version selling out (maybe) but I'd be surprised if the Windows and 360 versions follow suit.

I'm inclined to agree. Just found out they made 35,000 for each platform. I could see the XBOX ONE version selling out (maybe) but I'd be surprised if the Windows and 360 versions follow suit.
I thought it was 35,000 total---across all platforms.

Are you sure it's 35,000 each platform (i.e. 105,000 total)? If that's the case there is no doubt in my mind we'll see a price drop.

Yes?? http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster-PlayStation-3/m-p/780701#M24136

I'm still not 100% sure since they never updated the website. I don't think BBY even knows.
I thought this issue had been addressed several times already. The FFX / X-2 LE is a first print bonus. All the first edition copies will be the LE. I think the only retailer that would shaft you is Newegg since they have been known to pull such stunts (Project X Zone, etc).

As for Best Buy specifically, I've been in store and they had a standee advertising the LE stating to preorder now to received the limited edition art book packaging.

TITANFALL Xbox One back in stock on Amazon. It let me add 999 to the cart which is surprising. Still not sure if I should bite on this one...
Back in stock on Gamestop too. Kinda want it for the uniqueness but still not sure if I should bite or wait for the price drop. I can't see these selling out for PC and 360. Maybe the XO might become rare though.

All these titanfall restocks are probably resellers who canceled their orders since they couldn't find a buyer for whatever price they wanted to sell it for

PC is back in stock too.

My parents basement is really big

The CE art book does have more pages than the LE art book. Not that either has that many pages - 24 in the LE vs 40 in the CE.
Oh I didn't know that. Assumed they were both the same since the CE one looks small as hell.

Have you ever dealt with them in the past? I ordered one on their website, but it's been saying 25 up since it started. Nearly at the point where I'd want to ask a friend down in cali to go for me, but the signing is for the first two hundred and I'd imagine traffic would go above that easily.
Nope sorry. Never even knew they had a website until someone posted. And yea there's probably going to be tons of traffic. The place is on a pretty busy street, it's small as hell, and there's over 2000 people on facebook that put either going or maybe.

In the future I'm gonna be super careful with Square Enix CE's. I dont really regret getting it (I really wanted the soundtrack and I like FF related art). But if I knew sooner I'd probably have just brought the 2 separately.

I'll likely just get the Vita version digitally though, since it looks like you can buy em separately.

Not following. Seems to me this guy should be applauded. DR consistently has the worst service out there and unfortunately, maybe some annoyance is just what they need to start taking their responsibilities to customers seriously.
Kinda hypocritical considering the outrage out there and on the forums here when the woman at gamestop threatened to give out the phone number of the guy that pitched a fit at the midnight a few months ago. But I guess it's ok if it's a hated company though, right? Not like an employee's feelings factor in on the harassment she could get from this from some people.

Kinda hypocritical considering the outrage out there and on the forums here when the woman at gamestop threatened to give out the phone number of the guy that pitched a fit at the midnight a few months ago. But I guess it's ok if it's a hated company though, right? Not like an employee's feelings factor in on the harassment she could get from this from some people.
Comparing an employee giving a customer's phone number out to get harassed to a customer giving a customer support number out so that people actually can get help for their orders. Way to go.

By the way, what's the normal customer support number for DR and how can you find it?

It's not the employee's home number. It's a designated work number for customer service. So no, there is no hypocrisy at all. DR doesn't answer their normal 1-800 number or respond to e-mails on a timely basis. The employee chose to work for that company and they are supposed to be a customer service escalation person, so given that DR has no base line customer service to speak of, I see no problem with immediately escalating the problem to this employee. If the employee doesn't like answering calls, perhaps it's time for the employee to complain to management and encourage them to respond in the same appropriate manner to customer issues that most other retailers do.

By the way, what's the normal customer support number for DR and how can you find it?
I can't find their main number anymore, but as I recall if you dial one of Namco's numbers there's either a phone option that transfers you to Pitiful River, or a recorded message that gives you the number.

Phone: 1 (408) 235-2000
Toll-Free: 1 (888) 776-2626

From Namco's website.

I can't find their main number anymore, but as I recall if you dial one of Namco's numbers there's either a phone option that transfers you to Pitiful River, or a recorded message that gives you the number.

Phone: 1 (408) 235-2000
Toll-Free: 1 (888) 776-2626

From Namco's website.
I don't mean this in a smart ass way but if you google digital river customer service it is literally the first thing to pop up.

1 (800) 598-7450 (Consumer)

That is the number I've called in the past and received my awful quality customer service from. :D/

I don't mean this in a smart ass way but if you google digital river customer service it is literally the first thing to pop up.

That is the number I've called in the past and received my awful quality customer service from. :D/
Digital River is a HUGE company.... they have contracts with dozens of sites. Everytime I've had to call general DR customer service it is a clusterf&^% and in the end I want to go postal. Fortunately I have very few problems with any of their storefronts (Capcom, Square, Microsoft, Namco, etc.)

If the number he posted gets to an employee that oversees the Namco storefront that is a litlte bit more helpful. That's like having a problem with a kmart store experience and being given the 1-800 number for Sears Holding Corporate. Eventually you might get to the right person but you're going to lose a lot of your time.

Yeah that's a number that appears on Google search, but I couldn't find anything of the sort on the DR customer service page at findmyorder.com

Digital River is a HUGE company.... they have contracts with dozens of sites. Everytime I've had to call general DR customer service it is a clusterf&^% and in the end I want to go postal. Fortunately I have very few problems with any of their storefronts (Capcom, Square, Microsoft, Namco, etc.)

If the number he posted gets to an employee that oversees the Namco storefront that is a litlte bit more helpful. That's like having a problem with a kmart store experience and being given the 1-800 number for Sears Holding Corporate. Eventually you might get to the right person but you're going to lose a lot of your time.
I totally agree but the guy was asking for a general 800 number so I posted it. Digital River is an awful company with awful customer service but they do at least have automated prompts that direct you to the correct awful customer service hah.

Wow, so neither the "Limited Edition" or the "Collector's Edition" for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD come with an actual display case? They're both built right into the art-books? That's some bullshit right there. I display all my Collector's Edition content separately from my game-shelf. I fucking hate when I have to buy a separate display case/insert because companies don't include them in their Collector's Editions.

fuck. fuck, fuck, fuck!

Wow, so neither the "Limited Edition" or the "Collector's Edition" for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD come with an actual display case? They're both built right into the art-books? That's some bullshit right there. I display all my Collector's Edition content separately from my game-shelf. I fucking hate when I have to buy a separate display case/insert because companies don't include them in their Collector's Editions.

fuck. fuck, fuck, fuck!
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition both recently had the built-in artbook cases for pre-orders/first print runs. Seems to be the new Square Enix trend.

So anyone who paid the extra $2 for the upgraded shipping for X/X-2 CE should have gotten a shipping email yesterday as it's coming Fed Ex instead of USPS.

I just cancelled Hundred Knight and FF X CE. After watching the unboxing on FF I was hugely disappointed, so I opted for a Best Buy preorder of the LE with GCU discount instead. The Hundred Knight had to go after reading many terrible reviews.

Can't wait for ESO Imperial Edition!!!

Thanks for posting this. I don't use Google, I use DuckDuckGo since they don't track your every search and attempt to tie it back to you. But apparently they don't always give the best results. Like anything it's a trade-off.

i believe this is the video, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - Collector's Edition Unboxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANaFkep2A6U
So there's still MP3 downloads for the soundtrack somewhere in the casing, correct? Only reason I got the CE is when they said on the site it included MP3 download of the soundtrack.

So there's still MP3 downloads for the soundtrack somewhere in the casing, correct? Only reason I got the CE is when they said on the site it included MP3 download of the soundtrack.
*The FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster Original Soundtrack Blu-ray Disc Music is an import product of Japan and contains English and Japanese text. Please note that this soundtrack is not a CD. A Blu-Ray disc player is required. Owners of a Blu-Ray-compatible computer drive will be able to retrieve mp3 versions of all the tracks.

So now I'm seriously considering buying four versions of FFX HD.  The CE and US LE are paid for, but I'm also looking at the UK LE (which is way nicer than the US one) and the Vita verison.  I wouldn't even consider the Vita one normally, but I have to go on a five-day business trip from Friday to Tuesday, and since it's cross-save it suddenly seems like a good idea.

I have a sickness.

*The FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster Original Soundtrack Blu-ray Disc Music is an import product of Japan and contains English and Japanese text. Please note that this soundtrack is not a CD. A Blu-Ray disc player is required. Owners of a Blu-Ray-compatible computer drive will be able to retrieve mp3 versions of all the tracks.
Thanks.

Dammit didn't see that on the listing. Now I have to find someone who has a PC with a Blu-Ray drive on it.

So now I'm seriously considering buying four versions of FFX HD. The CE and US LE are paid for, but I'm also looking at the UK LE (which is way nicer than the US one) and the Vita verison. I wouldn't even consider the Vita one normally, but I have to go on a five-day business trip from Friday to Tuesday, and since it's cross-save it suddenly seems like a good idea.

I have a sickness.
I just looked at the UK LE and it looks to be the same as the US LE; if you read the amazon picture on the UK site it says it comes with an art book. It's going to be exactly the same as the US one except the game will have its own case. No where does it indicate that the artbook is full sized. Also what reasoning do you have to buy the CE as well as the LE? The CE is a full sized artbook and has more art than the LE. The LE is just artbook packaging so either way you will have art book packaging. Doesn't make much sense to buy a mini version when you already have the larger version. I could see buying the Vita version along side the PS3 version since you can share saves and what not.

So now I'm seriously considering buying four versions of FFX HD. The CE and US LE are paid for, but I'm also looking at the UK LE (which is way nicer than the US one) and the Vita verison. I wouldn't even consider the Vita one normally, but I have to go on a five-day business trip from Friday to Tuesday, and since it's cross-save it suddenly seems like a good idea.

I have a sickness.
wow thanks for the heads up on the UK LE, do you have any info on the UK LE artbook? if it's the same as US, I'm switching immediately

I have a sickness.
I missed out on the whole PS2 generation so I don't mind the HD remastered versions of PS2 games. I've never played this game so I ended up preordering FFX HD from BBY. After GCU and Gift card/Reward Certs. I'm only paying $14.xx out of pocket so I couldn't pass it up.

I have a sickness.
If you know you have a sickness, then do something about it. There is no need to waste all that money on one game.

I'm on the fence of buying the FFX CE on the Square Enix Store. I already bought the LE off Amazon awhile back, but the CE is about 40 bucks more for a bigger artbook and a OST Soundtrack. Can't justify that, perhaps.  Anybody have a detailed breakdown of the differences between LE and CE?

I just cancelled Hundred Knight and FF X CE. After watching the unboxing on FF I was hugely disappointed, so I opted for a Best Buy preorder of the LE with GCU discount instead. The Hundred Knight had to go after reading many terrible reviews.

Can't wait for ESO Imperial Edition!!!
Hundred Knight is far from terrible but I'd say it's fairly average. My review is up on JustPushStart.com if you're like a read (and I just got the platinum trophy for it a couple nights prior)

Hundred Knight is far from terrible but I'd say it's fairly average. My review is up on JustPushStart.com if you're like a read (and I just got the platinum trophy for it a couple nights prior)
Agreed. I'm a couple hours into it and it isn't as bad as others say. The story could be better, but it isn't as down broken as reviews impact it to be.

I just looked at the UK LE and it looks to be the same as the US LE; if you read the amazon picture on the UK site it says it comes with an art book. It's going to be exactly the same as the US one except the game will have its own case. No where does it indicate that the artbook is full sized. Also what reasoning do you have to buy the CE as well as the LE? The CE is a full sized artbook and has more art than the LE. The LE is just artbook packaging so either way you will have art book packaging. Doesn't make much sense to buy a mini version when you already have the larger version. I could see buying the Vita version along side the PS3 version since you can share saves and what not.
The UK LE is just much nicer than the US LE. The mini art book is separate, not part of the packaging, and it comes in a nice slipcase. And, as many people have pointed out, it's way too hard to get the discs out of the art book packaging LEs.

You have a good point about canceling the US LE order since I have the CE coming. The reason I got the LE was because I was thinking of keeping the CE sealed, even though that's kind of silly. Now I can't bring myself to cancel the LE since it's currently out of stock.

I'm on the fence of buying the FFX CE on the Square Enix Store. I already bought the LE off Amazon awhile back, but the CE is about 40 bucks more for a bigger artbook and a OST Soundtrack. Can't justify that, perhaps. Anybody have a detailed breakdown of the differences between LE and CE?
Larger artbook with more pages
5 Lithographs
Blu-Ray soundtrack

That's it. See the video posted above if you need more info.

The UK LE is just much nicer than the US LE. The mini art book is separate, not part of the packaging, and it comes in a nice slipcase. And, as many people have pointed out, it's way too hard to get the discs out of the art book packaging LEs.

You have a good point about canceling the US LE order since I have the CE coming. The reason I got the LE was because I was thinking of keeping the CE sealed, even though that's kind of silly. Now I can't bring myself to cancel the LE since it's currently out of stock.
Just cancel it. The LE in the US is just a first edition print anyways. I just ordered one off Best Buy (for a friend) and it says it's the LE so just because Amazon is currently out of stock doesn't mean other retailers won't have it.

If you do decide to get the UK version then when sense does it make to own the US one as well? You said it yourself that the artbook is separate and that's basically what you want in the end (along with the separate case). I'm honestly not a big fan of the artbook packaging because the cases are no longer flush with other game cases. My KH 1.5 is taller than a G2 case and my Tomb Raider is taller than a G1 case.

In the end you can use your money on whatever you want. If you find ordering 4 copies is fulfilling then by all means do it. I mean I've spent money on stuff that I shouldn't be spending it on but that's the beauty of it right? We work hard, we make money, and we are free to use that money on whatever we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back