Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like some of you received your FFX-X2 CEs in pretty big boxes - is that true?  Mine was packaged perfectly in a box just the right size for it + the vita version & some padding to keep it safe.  Looked perfect when I took it out (well, except from a very tiny smudge on the front that must be from the factory because it was under the shrinkwrap - but it's not very noticeable anyway).  

I never watched an unboxing vid, because I wanted to see it the first time for myself.  And I wasn't disappointed - looks very nice IMO.  Sure, they could have included a standard case for the game - so could Dark Souls II, but I don't hear people complaining about it.  What you get for the extra $40 is well worth it IMO.  

I also received a Danganronpa CE from someone on another board that I worked a deal out with, and I'm very happy to have it as well.  :D

Sounds like some of you received your FFX-X2 CEs in pretty big boxes - is that true? Mine was packaged perfectly in a box just the right size for it + the vita version & some padding to keep it safe. Looked perfect when I took it out (well, except from a very tiny smudge on the front that must be from the factory because it was under the shrinkwrap - but it's not very noticeable anyway).

I never watched an unboxing vid, because I wanted to see it the first time for myself. And I wasn't disappointed - looks very nice IMO. Sure, they could have included a standard case for the game - so could Dark Souls II, but I don't hear people complaining about it. What you get for the extra $40 is well worth it IMO.

I also received a Danganronpa CE from someone on another board that I worked a deal out with, and I'm very happy to have it as well. :D
Mine came in a box but they didn't really put enough paper in. No real damage except maybe a ding or two on the book edge. Can't win them all. Overall I am pretty satisfied but I think the Lightning Returns was a WAY better CE in my opinion.

Got mt FFX hd special edition from amazon. it came in one of those cardboard foldouts and even then the spine of the outer box was still bent. lulz Oh well at least I got one :D
Mine came the same way. I also received Frozen today as well. Frozen came in a big cardboard box about 4 times its size with paper padding to fill up the empty space... go figure.

Are people having issues getting the FFX disc out of the case like they did with the Kingdom Hearts HD limited editon? I almost snapped my KH disc in half.

Mine came in their boxes minty fresh with not a dent or ding to be seen. I am happy.

Are people having issues getting the FFX disc out of the case like they did with the Kingdom Hearts HD limited editon? I almost snapped my KH disc in half.
Try pulling it out from the left side when you push the button down.

Best Buy's site must be messed up right now. The link pulls up an "Oops..." page, and if you search for "South Park", no items are found.

Edit: Their database must've crashed. It appears all items are gone from the site.

My FF X CE came Fed Ex. Laid flat in box with paper padding on top, no marks.

Just put the soundtrack in PS3 and that won't work for getting the songs. You MUST use a PC with a Blu-Ray drive to get the MP3's of the songs.
I was able to get the songs onto my PC with the disc in my PS4. There's some option to "download" from the extras menu. I guess if both devices are on the same network I just had to enter the IP address of the PS4 which was 192.168.1.12:9999 in my case, and I was able to download the 5 zip files. Not sure if that helps anyone but... interesting feature.

Not sure why 95% of the songs are from X and nothing from X-2... I was hoping to get Real Emotion on there if anything.

I still have not received my FF X/X-2 CE. I got a tracking # from them on the 14th. I have used:

http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

The last known event was on 3/17/2014 and it was Accepted by USPS in the town I live in. I use the tracking # on  USPS website and it says their last event was 3/14/2014 as departing shipping partner facility. I have never had this problem in my life with a package, what is the deal ? 

I still have not received my FF X/X-2 CE. I got a tracking # from them on the 14th. I have used:

http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

The last known event was on 3/17/2014 and it was Accepted by USPS in the town I live in. I use the tracking # on USPS website and it says their last event was 3/14/2014 as departing shipping partner facility. I have never had this problem in my life with a package, what is the deal ?
Mine showed up yesterday after not seeing any activity on status since the 13th. I figure since it came USPS that's why

I wouldn't worry till Friday or so :)

Wasn't this a Square Enix exclusive? Anyway, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (PS4) now available for preorder on amazon:

LINK
It was supposed to be... I'm going to guess that Square didn't sell enough and with release just a few weeks away they panicked and though AZ could unload inventory....

Glad I didn't preorder through Square though; I was planning on it but forgot and I'd much rather get it from Amazon IF there aren't any Square store exclusives.

Any thoughts?

Wasn't this a Square Enix exclusive? Anyway, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (PS4) now available for preorder on amazon:

LINK
This was, but damn I'm definitely getting it through Amazon. I'm hoping that they'll have better shipping since I know some people have had some issues.

I was able to get the songs onto my PC with the disc in my PS4. There's some option to "download" from the extras menu. I guess if both devices are on the same network I just had to enter the IP address of the PS4 which was 192.168.1.12:9999 in my case, and I was able to download the 5 zip files. Not sure if that helps anyone but... interesting feature.

Not sure why 95% of the songs are from X and nothing from X-2... I was hoping to get Real Emotion on there if anything.
100 plus songs and Real Emotion isn't on there?! Da fuck?!

Thanks. I'll try it on my PS4 later.

Amazon is being broken as hell for me today. On my BlazBlue CE pre-order they keep giving me 2 day shipping for free despite the fact I'm not Prime anymore.

Yet on my Infamous Second Son CE I applied a giftcard to my order, and for some reason that pushed my delivery date back to the 25th, and will only go back to release date if I pay for One Day shipping....

Amazon is being broken as hell for me today. On my BlazBlue CE pre-order they keep giving me 2 day shipping for free despite the fact I'm not Prime anymore.

Yet on my Infamous Second Son CE I applied a giftcard to my order, and for some reason that pushed my delivery date back to the 25th, and will only go back to release date if I pay for One Day shipping....
I cancelled BlazBlue CE, seems like it will drop in price later on.

Do people not understand how Digital River operates yet? Newer orders take priority over older orders. I placed an order of FFX / X-2 CE with a Cactuar plush and never got shipping confirmation (placed around end of December). They also won't ship your order unless both items are ready to be shipped.

If that's the case then my Cactuar plush is currently backordered. I would assume the figure you ordered is backordered as well and the product won't ship until both items are in stock.

Ah. Either way I still want it, huge fan of the series and this one has everything that would make me want to buy a CE. (Artbook, soundtrack, and figurine)

Downside of the FF X/X-2 LE. Spending a couple of seemingly long minutes trying to take the Disc out without it feeling like its going to break. :lol:

Downside of the FF X/X-2 LE. Spending a couple of seemingly long minutes trying to take the Disc out without it feeling like its going to break. :lol:
I doubt anything will be worse than the Mass Effect 3 steelbook/case. My disc literally folded so much I was sure it would be non-playable. I also broke a Call of Duty disc when they introduced those eco-cases a while back

LINK
Huh, if they're opening up the pre-orders to other stores I hope Best Buy gets it eventually. I've never had a problem with their shipping and most importantly, I want that GCU 20% off!

I doubt anything will be worse than the Mass Effect 3 steelbook/case. My disc literally folded so much I was sure it would be non-playable. I also broke a Call of Duty disc when they introduced those eco-cases a while back
I had the ME3 CE too. The experience was terrible, spending around 5-10 minutes just trying to get the damn thing out.

I only ever broke FFXII when it was in that steelbook back on PS2, luckily no newer games.....but yeah some of these cases are ridiculous.

I'm happy amazon has the CE now for FF XIV. might have the wife sign up for the credit card and get the $50 off it. Did this when I ordered my CPU a month ago.

Great now am gonna have to call Square Enix and cancel my order the FF14 CE. Didn't want to spend money on shipping so this will be great! Hopefully BestBuy does get some too so I can order from then even better.

I also broke a Call of Duty disc when they introduced those eco-cases a while back
Those eco-friendly cases are bullshit. You can hear them ass fucking your discs when you take them out. I bought a bunch of the older Xbox 360 cases for the sole purpose of replacing these eco-friendly fuckers.

Yeah I'm pissed about that. I changed my payment method from my CC to an AZ CC I opened a few months ago and they pushed my Infamous order from 3/21 to 3/25 (I made the change on Tuesday). But I have another order I made during the last wave when it came back in stock and that one is set to be delivered on 3/21 even though I changed the details at the same time. Not a big deal b/c I'll have a copy to play on release day but I don't understand how they decide to push an order back

Yeah I'm pissed about that. I changed my payment method from my CC to an AZ CC I opened a few months ago and they pushed my Infamous order from 3/21 to 3/25 (I made the change on Tuesday). But I have another order I made during the last wave when it came back in stock and that one is set to be delivered on 3/21 even though I changed the details at the same time. Not a big deal b/c I'll have a copy to play on release day but I don't understand how they decide to push an order back
I ended up contacting them and they pushed it up to free One Day, still not sure how the heck that one happened though. Usually its the opposite for me, it'll show some other date, i switch to standard and back and it'll be release date.

Thats literally what I just did with the BlazBlue order earlier today when it finally gave me a estimated date

I received my copy of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD from BestBuy today and for those wondering it is the special limited edition with the art book :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back