Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if anyone posted this yet but Tales of Xillia 2 CE is up for pre-order on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Xillia-2-Collectors-PlayStation-3/dp/B00JXDJTRU/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1398428004&sr=1-5&keywords=tales+of+xillia+2+collectors+edition

$129.99

Day one edition announced for EU and AU only  so far 

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/22/tales-xillia-2-day-1-edition-ludger-kresnik-collectors-edition-detailed/

That steel book case for the day one edition is nice looking honestly.

1) Tales of xillia 2, have they said anything about a limited edition of it like they did with xillia 1? Id rather have one of those instead of the CE.

2) Has Nintendo ever made mention of the Mario kart 8 limited edition coming to north America?

1) Tales of xillia 2, have they said anything about a limited edition of it like they did with xillia 1? Id rather have one of those instead of the CE.

2) Has Nintendo ever made mention of the Mario kart 8 limited edition coming to north America?
1) No (though hopefully they will).

2) No.

1) No (though hopefully they will).

2) No.

I just posted Tales of Xillia 2 limited edition for EU and AU, no word on if they are using the same for US.

I dont know if anyone posted this yet but Tales of Xillia 2 CE is up for pre-order on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Xillia-2-Collectors-PlayStation-3/dp/B00JXDJTRU/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1398428004&sr=1-5&keywords=tales+of+xillia+2+collectors+edition

$129.99

Day one edition announced for EU and AU only so far

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/22/tales-xillia-2-day-1-edition-ludger-kresnik-collectors-edition-detailed/

The day one edition one looks a lot nicer. But I still like the one in the CE, since I prefer steelbook art to not have text, and a little minimalistic. Like the Hunger Games district 12 steelbook.

$129.99

Day one edition announced for EU and AU only so far

it is a metal case. NOT a steelbook.

I was considering buying the Wolfenstein CE for $100 even without the game, until I saw $17 as the cheapest shipping. Noooo thank you!

1) same for me.

2) never gonna happen. Nintendo hates Americans. Just look at club nintendo Japan as an example.

I'd also rather have a limited edition too... nothing in the collector's edition is appealing to me. A mediocre figure, ugly costumes, a non-working replica pocket watch, yay... especially for $130 + tax, depending on where you live.

ToX 2 appeared in my amazon quick picks yesterday and I skipped it. This is a small victory for me.
It appeared in my gold box months ago, and I ended up preordering it >_>

Oh wait, you're talking about the CE version of it. Nvm, I forgot what thread I was in.

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to change/updated payment type for NISA and Square Enix Store? 

I was at a restaurant and bought lunch of a friend/co-worker who was relocating, and the dumbass waiter lost my card there (but I was charged for the meal). Since it was a work lunch and it my friend's last day, I didn't wanna create to much of a fuss. But it just occurred to me that my HDN, Mugen Z and Drakengard 3 CEs are all on that card. 

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to change/updated payment type for NISA and Square Enix Store?

I was at a restaurant and bought lunch of a friend/co-worker who was relocating, and the dumbass waiter lost my card there (but I was charged for the meal). Since it was a work lunch and it my friend's last day, I didn't wanna create to much of a fuss. But it just occurred to me that my HDN, Mugen Z and Drakengard 3 CEs are all on that card.
NISA is no big deal. For SE, though... may God have mercy on your soul.

Change your card on Square Enix? Hah! You would have better luck winning your soul back from the devil

NIS is amazingly fast though. I had to change an address once because I was out of town, they did it in less than a day

You're better off taking your chances and not cancelling the damn card... lol
I second this as they are more likely not going to send it to you or it is more likely it will never make it to you than for you to change your information on something from the Square Enix store.

Square Enix Online store policy is through Digital River, their solution is to just cancel the order and resubmit an order for the same product. This does not work if that product that you are trying to resubmit an order for is out of stock. I wanted to update my shipping speed and I was not able to do so and this was their response, they are stuck in the 90's with submitting and changing orders still. Its pretty sad that Digital River is a billion dollar company that has been around since 1994 and can not change orders nor have good customer service.

Well, I'm not letting my credit card roam around in the wild for a few months just for one CE. I get that if something unauthorized is charged to the card, I can get it cleared but if that happens before the game is out, then I'll end up having to cancel the card anyway. 

Well, guess I'm outta luck. 

A numbered CE that has its pre-orders sold out. I know you fully explained your reasons in great detail, but maybe you could add just a 'bit' more? :3
Not hard to obtain. There are 5k units and my guess there will be one on ebay for the next 2+ years on every single day. Might be expensive to obtain on the aftermarket but you guys use rare way too often. Rare not the same as expensive.

Not hard to obtain. There are 5k units and my guess there will be one on ebay for the next 2+ years on every single day. Might be expensive to obtain on the aftermarket but you guys use rare way too often. Rare not the same as expensive.
Relatively speaking it is rare--in regards to the print size of nearly all LE/SE/CE. I would say it has a smaller print size then 95% of any and all video game CE's.

Relatively speaking it is rare--in regards to the print size of nearly all LE/SE/CE. I would say it has a smaller print size then 95% of any and all video game CE's.
Demand for this not nearly as high as for Call of Duty, ect.. and they would never be able to sell that many.

Rare means "seldom occurring or found" this isn't hard to find and won't be for a while. Might be rare one day but that isn't now.

I don't agree but to each their own.

I disagree.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/3130/drakengard/

190k units sold in NA.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/585/drakengard-2/

60k units sold in NA

If you do the avg both games sold 125k units in NA.

5k of 125k is 4%.

Thats pretty low print run for the Ce.

To each their own though

I disagree.

190k units sold in NA.

60k units sold in NA

5k of 125k is 4%.

To each their own though
What does that have to do with how hard it is to find a copy for sale? Some things can be rare and worthless or rare and expensive. Supply/Demand dictates price, rarity is a factor, but people on here seems to equate rare and expensive/valuable as the same thing (they aren't). It's just pet peeve of mine.

Demand for this not nearly as high as for Call of Duty, ect.. and they would never be able to sell that many.

Rare means "seldom occurring or found" this isn't hard to find and won't be for a while. Might be rare one day but that isn't now.
Demand has nothing to do with it. 5,000 copies is 5,000 copies regardless of the demand. You do understand that simple concept right?

If a game is in high demand and they make 1,000,000 copies but 100,000,000 people want it it doesn't become more rare just because there is an infinitely higher demand---after all there are still 1 million copies in circulation---it just becomes more valuable because more people want it.

I disagree.

190k units sold in NA.

60k units sold in NA

5k of 125k is 4%.

To each their own though

You disagree? Name CE's that came out this year that had a smaller then 5,000 print run. Kickstarters don't count and neither do "I localized this game in my garage".

Rare is a pretty fair term to exchange with expensive. Unless something came out at an exorbitant MSRP, it's only expensive if it's rare.

Honestly, though, you come off as the type that would insist it's not rare as long as there are a few on ebay--even if priced $5k a pop. I feel like we're all just feeding a troll.

5000 units in existence, sold exclusively at a publisher's online store, sold out, no chance of finding in the wild, and the reseller market will dwindle when all the copies bought to flip go to people that actually want the item. What the fuck are you even arguing about?

Rare is a pretty fair term to exchange with expensive. Unless something came out at an exorbitant MSRP, it's only expensive if it's rare. Honestly, though, you come off as the type that would insist it's not rare as long as there are a few on ebay--even if priced $5k a pop. I feel like we're all just feeding a troll. 5000 units in existence, sold exclusively at a publisher's online store, sold out, no chance of finding in the wild, and the reseller market will dwindle when all the copies bought to flip go to people that actually want the item. What the fuck are you even arguing about?
Was going to write something like this but you hit the nail on the head... If having one copy of this on Ebay makes it "not rare" there aren't many rare video games out there altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back