Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Rare is a pretty fair term to exchange with expensive. Unless something came out at an exorbitant MSRP, it's only expensive if it's rare. Honestly, though, you come off as the type that would insist it's not rare as long as there are a few on ebay--even if priced $5k a pop. I feel like we're all just feeding a troll. 5000 units in existence, sold exclusively at a publisher's online store, sold out, no chance of finding in the wild, and the reseller market will dwindle when all the copies bought to flip go to people that actually want the item. What the fuck are you even arguing about?
To add to this the price of Drakengard and Drakengard 2 has doubled with just the announcement of Drakengard 3 release in the West. Not to mention that Drakengard 3 will probably see a total print run less than Drakengard 2 which was already pretty low.

Source: http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/playstation-2/drakengard

Source: http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/playstation-2/drakengard-2

If something is easy to find it's by definition not RARE and rarity is only one factor in determing the final price.   I do not understand how this is a tough concept to grasp.  I personally do not feel that something that you can find to purchase every single day and is being sold nearly every single day (would be different if none were selling because they were all listed at 5k a pop) for the next couple of years to be that rare of an item.  It's really a matter of symantics.  It just bothers me that people do not know what the fuck rare actaully means and I'm not a troll.  

Eventually, they will start to dry up on the aftermarket and it might actually be hard to find one for sale because they in people's permanent collections, but that is a long time from now.  It has not even been released yet, 80% of those sold could have gone to resellers or the roughly 30 on eBay right now could be the only ones that will ever be sold who knows, but to claim that this is a rare, desirable, and hard to find game now is just premature.  Rare just seems to thrown around here with anything that goes for more than original cost on the secondary market regardless of how difficult it is to obtain. 

Rare just seems to thrown around here with anything that goes for more than original cost on the secondary market regardless of how difficult it is to obtain.
With flippers (a mass amount of them no doubt) and eBay, (almost) nothing in the video game CE scene is hard to obtain. The rarest items (that I know) such as Dead Space 1 CE and Uncharted 2 Dagger CE have been sold on our trade board even. It's not like high end watch or sports car arena where the people who have it don't care about selling it for a quick profit, hence it really is next to impossible to buy one. That would be rare as rare gets. For us, rare is when the prices is driven up by the flippers and cannot be ordered easily on Amazon/Best Buy etc. I don't know why you are hell bent on reverting to a draconian definition of "rare" that extends beyond the video game CE community.

We could all just stop responding. He'll only piss in the wind for so long.

Anyone else feel that the Demon Gaze LE was a bit lacking? I love the packaging, but a composer select soundtrack and a teeny tiny little artbook left me very underwhelmed. It was fairly priced, at least.

We could all just stop responding. He'll only piss in the wind for so long. Anyone else feel that the Demon Gaze LE was a bit lacking? I love the packaging, but a composer select soundtrack and a teeny tiny little artbook left me very underwhelmed. It was fairly priced, at least.
I passed on that one and went with Conception II Limited Edition. I tend to buy CE or LE of games that I will eventually play and I just can not see my self playing a dungeon crawler. I just think its really lazy design not to show the characters in battle, but that is just me. This has also kept me from purchasing any games from the Etrian Odyssey series. It almost stopped me from purchasing SMT:V too but I ended up getting it because I love those games.

If something is easy to find it's by definition not RARE and rarity is only one factor in determing the final price. I do not understand how this is a tough concept to grasp. I personally do not feel that something that you can find to purchase every single day and is being sold nearly every single day (would be different if none were selling because they were all listed at 5k a pop) for the next couple of years to be that rare of an item. It's really a matter of symantics. It just bothers me that people do not know what the fuck rare actaully means and I'm not a troll.

Eventually, they will start to dry up on the aftermarket and it might actually be hard to find one for sale because they in people's permanent collections, but that is a long time from now. It has not even been released yet, 80% of those sold could have gone to resellers or the roughly 30 on eBay right now could be the only ones that will ever be sold who knows, but to claim that this is a rare, desirable, and hard to find game now is just premature. Rare just seems to thrown around here with anything that goes for more than original cost on the secondary market regardless of how difficult it is to obtain.
It's really not fair to go by the old standard of "rare." The global market has changed due to the internet. Thnigs that are considered "rare" can be found readily available due to the internet and sites like eBay. Just because you can buy it doesn't mean it is no longer rare. Take for instance the original Charizard card. It was considered a rare card and hard to obtain. Nowadays if you wanted that card you could just look it up on eBay and buy it. Does that make it no longer rare? I think it would still be considered rare since it had a small print run and you cannot find it at stores. If it eases your stress we could just call hard to obtain items as "uncommon" but what difference does that make? Common means there is a large number of the same item. Rare means there isn't a large number of the same item. Does there only need to be one of an item to be considered rare?

We consider it rare because you can't find it at retailers. Yes rare is sometimes attributed to price point but having a small print run and being sold out months before release would typically make consumers label it as rare or hard to find.

I passed on that one and went with Conception II Limited Edition. I tend to buy CE or LE of games that I will eventually play and I just can not see my self playing a dungeon crawler. I just think its really lazy design not to show the characters in battle, but that is just me. This has also kept me from purchasing any games from the Etrian Odyssey series. It almost stopped me from purchasing SMT:V too but I ended up getting it because I love those games.
You know, I, too, have never been able to get into a dungeon crawler. I don't like the EO games, and I don't really enjoy the first person dungeon crawler entries in the SMT series. This game has such a great look to it, though. I also read a lot of pre-release buzz of people saying that they don't like these games but enjoyed this one, so figured I'd give it a go. We'l see if it makes a believer out of me.

And I'm the same way; I collect for the purpose of the game library first and foremost--so no games I don't actually want. The only exception being if a series I own--because I get entire series--releases a game that I don't think looks good. I do still feel obligated to buy it lol.

I own the rarest game in the universe. It's called "My RPG" and I created it on RPG Maker 3. Being that it is the only one of its kind in the world, it's impossible to be rarer.

I already gave into my self loathing addiction and ordered it on Amazon. Mostly because I don't have any GS points to spare, and I have amazon prime.
I end up ordering from Amazon first as I have prime too, but then I go in store to GameStop and pre-order one there too. I usually cancel my pre-order from Amazon when it gets close to release date as I am afraid of their shipping on a Collectors Edition. I have done this with both Tales of Xillia CE and Tales of Symphonia CE.

I end up ordering from Amazon first as I have prime too, but then I go in store to GameStop and pre-order one there too. I usually cancel my pre-order from Amazon when it gets close to release date as I am afraid of their shipping on a Collectors Edition. I have done this with both Tales of Xillia CE and Tales of Symphonia CE.
I was lucky with my ToX, and my ToS CEs. Both got to me from Amazon in awesome shape and great packaging. Of course, the delivery personnel we have in my area are fantastic. Being someone who worked at UPS for a short time, I had first hand experience with the managers and delivery folks. To say they take their jobs serious is an understatement. I've read the horror stories from other Cag folks and I'm very fortunate.

Someone just start a religious vs atheist discussion. Sure they are nothing more than people doing their best to force others into believing their one sided opinion that is based on absolutely nothing, and talking as if they are scholars and have unending amounts of factual insight when the reality is its all just opinion people wield as if fact in an attempt to win a argument on the internet with a complete stranger. At least those discussions are entertaining to read.

It's really not fair to go by the old standard of "rare." The global market has changed due to the internet. Thnigs that are considered "rare" can be found readily available due to the internet and sites like eBay. Just because you can buy it doesn't mean it is no longer rare. Take for instance the original Charizard card. It was considered a rare card and hard to obtain. Nowadays if you wanted that card you could just look it up on eBay and buy it. Does that make it no longer rare? I think it would still be considered rare since it had a small print run and you cannot find it at stores. If it eases your stress we could just call hard to obtain items as "uncommon" but what difference does that make? Common means there is a large number of the same item. Rare means there isn't a large number of the same item. Does there only need to be one of an item to be considered rare?

We consider it rare because you can't find it at retailers. Yes rare is sometimes attributed to price point but having a small print run and being sold out months before release would typically make consumers label it as rare or hard to find.
It doesn't really matter call it rare or whatever you like. I originally posted that the Drakengard 3 CE was not rare after someone posted it as "rare as balls" and Zaku77 asked me to elaborate on why I thought that. The Drakengard 3 CE has not even been released, there are a bunch on eBay, and there are going to be a ton more listed after it's released (and for 5k units took a long ass time to sell out) it just seems silly to me to think of something as "rare" when it has not even been released or is a rather new game with plenty being bought/sold every day. Just think you should give something a little bit of time before you call can consider it rare, but eveyone keep calling it what you like. I do not post much so I'll go back to lurking now.

It doesn't really matter call it rare or whatever you like. I originally posted that the Drakengard 3 CE was not rare after someone posted it as "rare as balls" and Zaku77 asked me to elaborate on why I thought that. The Drakengard 3 CE has not even been released, there are a bunch on eBay, and there are going to be a ton more listed after it's released (and for 5k units took a long ass time to sell out) it just seems silly to me to think of something as "rare" when it has not even been released or is a rather new game with plenty being bought/sold every day. Just think you should give something a little bit of time before you call can consider it rare, but eveyone keep calling it what you like. I do not post much so I'll go back to lurking now.
But you do understand that the Drakengaard 3 CE is more rare then any other game before it that has 5,001 or more copies in circulation... right?

But you do understand that the Drakengaard 3 CE is more rare then any other game before it that has 5,001 or more copies in circulation... right?
Yes. But whether there are hundred or three million copies it is just one of the many factors that determine value and I just find it strange that everybody calls every game that sells for more than retail as "rare". It's just not accurate.

Yes. But whether there are hundred or three million copies it is just one of the many factors that determine value and I just find it strange that everybody calls every game that sells for more than retail as "rare". It's just not accurate.
1. What is your definition of rare games, give us a list of games you consider rare that maybe we can try to understand your perspective. If accuracy is your pursuit, at least gives us your quantifiers. So what do you call games that cannot be ordered and have to be bought at high prices from flippers?

2. Even if we go by your definition, seeing that it is numbered and not available at normal retailers (the only information present as of now), it at least has potential of becoming rare, as opposed to its potential of becoming common.

1. What is your definition of rare games, give us a list of games you consider rare that maybe we can try to understand your perspective. If accuracy is your pursuit, at least gives us your quantifiers. So what do you call games that cannot be ordered and have to be bought at high prices from flippers?

2. Even if we go by your definition, seeing that it is numbered and not available at normal retailers (the only information present as of now), it at least has potential of becoming rare, as opposed to its potential of becoming common.
Really, I just keep repeating myself and this is pointless. Neither of us is going to change the others view, but do not worry I have a couple pre ordered and if I decide to sell I'll make sure to put "rare" into my eBay listing. I'll want to make sure everyone knows that it may be their last chance to get one before they're gone forever.

It is rare that amb6883 gets this much attention in a thread..
Agreed. I need to stop responding.

It is rare that amb6883 gets this much attention in a thread..
But you admit that he is also in other threads? And we know he can easily obtain attention through other means... Now applying logic previously obtained in this thread, I don't think we can refer to his level of attention as "rare" anymore...

Rare doesnt mean valuable. Like idgaf about drakengaard.

The wolfenstein CE is only limited to 5000 copies. I think its still available in the bethesda store?

Im buying that one, but i know many people dont care..

Guys just a heads up BestBuy is still taking pre-orders for Watch Dogs CE for the PS4 but only in-stores. Went today and i got to pre-order it in store now just debating whether or not to cancel my Amazon order. This is actually my first time placing a pre-order in stores since i always do them online.

Guys just a heads up BestBuy is still taking pre-orders for Watch Dogs CE for the PS4 but only in-stores. Went today and i got to pre-order it in store now just debating whether or not to cancel my Amazon order. This is actually my first time placing a pre-order in stores since i always do them online.
Orly? How do you even pre-order from Best Buy in store? Just like over at the CS center? Mine doesn't have one of those little game center things with a register.

Orly? How do you even pre-order from Best Buy in store? Just like over at the CS center? Mine doesn't have one of those little game center things with a register.
Yeah I just went to the CS center and told them i wanted to pre-order the Watch Dogs CE for the PS4 and then i gave them the deposit for it. One of my friends told me he went this past weekend to a different store and was able to pre-order it also too.

Yeah I just went to the CS center and told them i wanted to pre-order the Watch Dogs CE for the PS4 and then i gave them the deposit for it. One of my friends told me he went this past weekend to a different store and was able to pre-order it also too.
I'm going to go do it tomorrow, then. Thanks!

Man a lot of these threads have sure been getting derailed a lot lately. On another note, I really hope bungie announces a destiny CE soon.

I think I am going to pass on Watch Dogs all together. I am really getting sick of how Ubisoft handles their open world games, they are usually 12-15 story missions and about 300 collectibles as the side missions. This one will be no different than all the other ones that they have put together. I guess I must be the opposite of the norm here though on this one, I just cant see Watch Dogs being good. In all honesty I am really just getting tired of the formula of all open world games....... They seem to all be the same in the end.

I think I am going to pass on Watch Dogs all together. I am really getting sick of how Ubisoft handles their open world games, they are usually 12-15 story missions and about 300 collectibles as the side missions. This one will be no different than all the other ones that they have put together. I guess I must be the opposite of the norm here though on this one, I just cant see Watch Dogs being good. In all honesty I am really just getting tired of the formula of all open world games....... They seem to all be the same in the end.
Couldn't agree more!

Thanks for posting this I was able to put $5 down on a PS4 CE today!

Thanks for posting this I was able to put $5 down on a PS4 CE today!
just so you know, if you preorder with the $5 deposit in store. they will not hold the game for your on release date, so you better go early on release date to pick up your CE. or it will be up on the shelf for public sale.

just so you know, if you preorder with the $5 deposit in store. they will not hold the game for your on release date, so you better go early on release date to pick up your CE. or it will be up on the shelf for public sale.
Thanks for the tip but my Best Buy is doing midnight release so I'll likely pick it up then.

My titanfall CE was held for me.

You know, I, too, have never been able to get into a dungeon crawler. I don't like the EO games, and I don't really enjoy the first person dungeon crawler entries in the SMT series. This game has such a great look to it, though. I also read a lot of pre-release buzz of people saying that they don't like these games but enjoyed this one, so figured I'd give it a go. We'l see if it makes a believer out of me.

And I'm the same way; I collect for the purpose of the game library first and foremost--so no games I don't actually want. The only exception being if a series I own--because I get entire series--releases a game that I don't think looks good. I do still feel obligated to buy it lol.
I have all the EOs, SMT4, Strange Journey, etc... but I rarely finish dungeon crawlers to completion.

I just plat'ed Demon Gaze and for the most part loved every minute of it. That whole thing of not showing your party and also the 1st person view has alway bugged me, but I guess I somehow got over it. The production values on this game are pretty damn good.

I wanted to play Conception II also, but I don't think that LE is worth me buying physical right now. I want to keep my Vita library as close to 100% digital as possible, so I know I'll grab Conception on sale down the road. Having the physical copy now I would just open it and see the game itself keeping only the extras. It's... more effort than I'd like to put in.

On a side note, it's funny they're just selling character portraits as DLC (it's free now, but not after the first month). Kinda odd to be paying for stuff that you can only see really in the post battle screen. These portraits don't add a new class or any skills... :/

I wonder when best buy will have ToX2CE to pre order.
I don't think Best Buy ever got the original Xillia CE or the Symphonia CE. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to get it and if it is a CE you really want you should order it from Gamestop now. You can always cancel the GS preorder if BB gets it later down the line.

I don't think Best Buy ever got the original Xillia CE or the Symphonia CE. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to get it and if it is a CE you really want you should order it from Gamestop now. You can always cancel the GS preorder if BB gets it later down the line.
Actually, Best Buy did have the original ToX CE. In fact, it was in stock online when I checked a a month or two ago.

Yea, Best buy did not get rid of their Xillia CE's til late March/Early April.   They had it down to $65 at one point.   I'm just gonna wait it out on Xillia 2 CE. 

Not to mention the suppose graphic downgrade ala Dark Souls 2.

I got the ToXCE off bestbuy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back