Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. For some reason, I can't choose Expedited shipping, only Standard. Maybe I should just go with Store Pickup this time. :whistle2:k
someone on the bestbuy forum, said in store preorder for $5 has opened up. i am not 100% certain tho

Put a preorder in for the PS4 LE at BB. Thanks! I might sell the expansion pass if I end up not liking the game as much, that would certainly help offset some of the extra cost.

Well, it took about an hour, but I was able to change my order on the mislisted Persona Q Wild Card Edition to the "real" Wild Card Edition at the $39.99 price (GCU). Spoke to a CSR who was clueless, I asked to speak with a supervisor, and she also didn't know - but she could see that I ordered the Premium edition. She called up someone else why I was on hold (for a total of about 45 minutes) and they told her that people who ordered prior to the listing changing should be getting the Premium edition, but they also didn't know about the SKU number remaining that of the Standard edition. She got permission to reorder for me under the new SKU though at my original purchase price.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't think it needs a separate thread though.

I'm going to be reserving the LE version at BB since this is the only way to get a discount on the two expansion packs.

Beta is going to be open in less than a week. I'm hoping this game becomes good enough to be my next "main." I usually stick to a certain MP game for months on end and tackle other games in between to give myself a break here and there. Hype aside, I'm really excited for this game. There aren't any quality MMO's on consoles that I can think of. So while Bungie may not be inventing the wheel here, it's an ambitious title that I believe deserves my money on Day 1.

So Destiny is made by Bungie and Published by Activision. From the two companies, have their actual LEs actually sold out after release?

So Destiny is made by Bungie and Published by Activision. From the two companies, have their actual LEs actually sold out after release?
Meh not really. Call of Duty ones never hold value but they sometimes are hard to find if you didn't preorder. The Halo 3 CE also didn't really maintain much value. Sold out? I guess you could say that much.

I see the LEs that hold their value are usually RPG ones (NISA LEs usually hold some value), other RPG LEs for non mainstream titles (such as Ys Vita LE...that keeps going up in value), LEs in extremly limited amounts...such as some the of Tales games LEs...though Xillia 1 LE didn't go for this but Symphonia LE did. For mainstream games it's a crap shoot with some such as Oblivion holding a lot of value. I say if you like the LE/Game in the LE...just get it but set your hopes up that it will go down in price.

quick update for bestbuy mod regarding ghost edition of destiny:

Hello Destiny enthusiasts!

Or maybe I should say fanatics
16x16_smiley-wink.gif
! I know you’re all waiting for details on when the Ghost Editions will be up but I don’t really have a time frame to provide at this time. I’m feeling good about them going up today it’s just hard to say when. I will continue to keep you posted as I know more.

I see the LEs that hold their value are usually RPG ones (NISA LEs usually hold some value), other RPG LEs for non mainstream titles (such as Ys Vita LE...that keeps going up in value), LEs in extremly limited amounts...such as some the of Tales games LEs...though Xillia 1 LE didn't go for this but Symphonia LE did. For mainstream games it's a crap shoot with some such as Oblivion holding a lot of value. I say if you like the LE/Game in the LE...just get it but set your hopes up that it will go down in price.
Yeah it's always niche titles that hold value because they are not overproduced. You have to consider the demand for a triple A title. Yeah it's sold out at a lot of retailers but how many did they produce? How many of those will be cancelled? The fact that it is being carried by multiple retailers indicates that a significant amount will be produced.

Destiny is going to be overproduced. Its the most hyped game of 2014 with two well known companies bringing it to the masses. They won't leave money on the table, especially after what it cost to actually develop this. It may be sold out now but this is just for them to gauge the initial interest, then they will do their analysis and figure out how much they can produce to gain a sale. Then it will be back in stock.

Buy it if you really want it though.

Destiny is going to be overproduced. Its the most hyped game of 2014 with two well known companies bringing it to the masses. They won't leave money on the table, especially after what it cost to actually develop this. It may be sold out now but this is just for them to gauge the initial interest, then they will do their analysis and figure out how much they can produce to gain a sale. Then it will be back in stock.

Buy it if you really want it though.
alot of the members on cag, is only interested in it, due to the discount from gcu membership

Yeah it's always niche titles that hold value because they are not overproduced. You have to consider the demand for a triple A title. Yeah it's sold out at a lot of retailers but how many did they produce? How many of those will be cancelled? The fact that it is being carried by multiple retailers indicates that a significant amount will be produced.
Well the best piece of evidence on the rarity of the Destiny Ghost Edition is that Bungie has stated that this will have a "very limited print run." Yes, similiar announcements have come from other titles which did not turn out to be rare items but for now, you have to take it at face value.

Don't you guys remember the Borderlands 2 ULCE debate? That didn't even last a week. It was available at Amazon and Gamestop. Destiny can be compared to Borderlands in some gameplay respects. Also, that CE sold out over 3 months in advance of it's release. Destiny only has 2 months left. Because of the timing, I don't think retailers are going to get an increased allotment. Another thing to consider is that since Best Buy is one of the last retailers to have their listing up, they should have a more updated figure on how many units they'll receive. My guess is once Best Buy sells out, all mayhem will break out from there.

Well the best piece of evidence on the rarity of the Destiny Ghost Edition is that Bungie has stated that this will have a "very limited print run." Yes, similiar announcements have come from other titles which did not turn out to be rare items but for now, you have to take it at face value.

Don't you guys remember the Borderlands 2 ULCE debate? That didn't even last a week. It was available at Amazon and Gamestop. Destiny can be compared to Borderlands in some gameplay respects. Also, that CE sold out over 3 months in advance of it's release. Destiny only has 2 months left. Because of the timing, I don't think retailers are going to get an increased allotment. Another thing to consider is that since Best Buy is one of the last retailers to have their listing up, they should have a more updated figure on how many units they'll receive. My guess is once Best Buy sells out, all mayhem will break out from there.
I remember that Borderlands CE

I also remember how it was being sold for 600, Damn imagine if the value on ghost editions goes up like that

bestbuy will def sell out, especially with gcu membership discount. just looking at the bestbuy forums, there is alot of demand

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back