Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10.5pt]Haha, what, I'm sad and embarrassed I didn't purchase it? Why would I be embarrassed I didn't buy something? The indisputable fact remains, it only sold out in 3 days because they made 1 small number of purses for all systems and stands to be one of NIS's worst attempts at a LE in some time.[/SIZE]

I’ll educate you a little bit. A Limited Edition is literally a separate “edition’ from the actual game. You have a standard retail release and a “limited edition” or “collector’s edition” which is a stand-alone product with its own UPC. It’s an entirely different product. This release is not any edition; it’s a “Buy this game for $20 more get a purse with it” bundle.

So yea.... enjoy your purse and poster. Hopefully NIS will be releasing more of what gamers want going forward, not back to school supplies.
I'm glad we agree. It was actually limited, unlike the vast majority of "limited editions" that publishers put out that are neither limited at launch nor limited in the sense that they won't reprint them if demand is there. This is an entirely different product. The only way to get the bag and poster packaged along with the game was to order the limited edition through the NIS store during the three days it was available. If it makes you feel better, maybe you could ask NIS to take a Sharpie and write limited edition on the cardboard box they ship it to you in since you have no ability to comprehend the possibility that something could exist outside of your narrow and simple minded conception of the world.

I will enjoy the limited edition "purse" and poster, that's why I ordered it. It especially pleases me that it is truly limited and that you want it so bad that you have spent time repeatedly attacking it on Internet forums. There are actually quite a few people here and elsewhere that wish they could get one as well and regret missing the window, so arguing that it's not something people wanted or want is simply factually inaccurate. NIS seems to understand that gamers aren't all alike and that doing cookie cutter limited or collector's editions every time is not a great strategy. I applaud their creativity here and hope it continues.

I'm glad we agree. It was actually limited, unlike the vast majority of "limited editions" that publishers put out that are neither limited at launch nor limited in the sense that they won't reprint them if demand is there. This is an entirely different product. The only way to get the bag and poster packaged along with the game was to order the limited edition through the NIS store during the three days it was available. If it makes you feel better, maybe you could ask NIS to take a Sharpie and write limited edition on the cardboard box they ship it to you in since you have no ability to comprehend the possibility that something could exist outside of your narrow and simple minded conception of the world.

I will enjoy the limited edition "purse" and poster, that's why I ordered it. It especially pleases me that it is truly limited and that you want it so bad that you have spent time repeatedly attacking it on Internet forums. There are actually quite a few people here and elsewhere that wish they could get one as well and regret missing the window, so arguing that it's not something people wanted or want is simply factually inaccurate. NIS seems to understand that gamers aren't all alike and that doing cookie cutter limited or collector's editions every time is not a great strategy. I applaud their creativity here and hope it continues.
You're not being attacked, it's called an opposing point of view and a little fact correction. Grow up or get out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat.

That being said, again, enjoy your "limited edition" purse, I've made my point.

Natural Doctrine will be cheap anyways.. it's not gonna hold it's value. I feel like lots of people will buy it on PS4 and never even play it. People tend to do that when RPG's are first released on a new console..

Didn't the Phenom Edition sold for more than MSRP in the second market? May this year is a flip year for the Hulkamania Edition.

Don't usually pre-order collector's edition but considering it has a piece of the ring & hogan's autograph I couldn't pass it up for $99.99. Seems like it may be a truly limited edition. 

How does the resell of CE do? Like I see people bud outrageous amounts on CE like destiny but do people get the money? I was reading that a lot of people just bid to keep people from selling. Anyone have any luck?

How does the resell of CE do? Like I see people bud outrageous amounts on CE like destiny but do people get the money? I was reading that a lot of people just bid to keep people from selling. Anyone have any luck?
that why I never do auctions and always set my stuff to buy it now which requires immediate payment that way the item stay up for sale until it paid for

Don't usually pre-order collector's edition but considering it has a piece of the ring & hogan's autograph I couldn't pass it up for $99.99. Seems like it may be a truly limited edition.
You make a great point there - I wonder if the autograph will be legitimate pen or just a stamp/computer-generated image? Also, not sure but if that's the size of ring (the little square) how many of those pieces could be on a full size pro-wrestling ring? Can't be that many even if they're counting the fabric down the sides.

You make a great point there - I wonder if the autograph will be legitimate pen or just a stamp/computer-generated image? Also, not sure but if that's the size of ring (the little square) how many of those pieces could be on a full size pro-wrestling ring? Can't be that many even if they're counting the fabric down the sides.
Other sites are reporting that he supposedly signed all 25K of the autograph cards by hand. Also, the canvas is a tiny square equal to 1/25000th of a wrestling ring canvas.

yea they confirmed they will but that they just haven't gotten the listing up yet and are working on it. Keep in mind it took them at least two weeks to get destiny CE's listed http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/WWE-2K15-Collector-s-Edition/m-p/835903
So they're having 25k of these made? That seems a bit ridiculous. Almost certainly ensures that the signatures are not legitimate and possibly neither are the squares for the "ring". I can't see 25,000 squares being made from one wrestling wring, but maybe my math is just wrong?

So they're having 25k of these made? That seems a bit ridiculous. Almost certainly ensures that the signatures are not legitimate and possibly neither are the squares for the "ring". I can't see 25,000 squares being made from one wrestling wring, but maybe my math is just wrong?
Yeah something about it doesn't sound right to me either.

exactly it like with the madden NFL 12 hall of fame edition game where every copy had a autograph card of Marshall Faulk advertised as personally sign by him yet they made 125,000 copies of that version. Which you know someone wouldn't sign 125,000 copies of something and not even just 25,000 copies.

Your math is wrong. WWE uses a 20X20 foot mat for major events. That's 400 square feet which is 57,600 square inches. That means they have more than enough material to do 25K of these with plenty left over. The photo of the CE shows about a 1 square inch piece of mat being included. I can't speak to the autograph, but it does say "personally signed", so it's possible he has other people that can do his signature, but it's pretty easy to tell if something is done with autopen or printed on.

Your math is wrong. WWE uses a 20X20 foot mat for major events. That's 400 square feet which is 57,600 square inches. That means they have more than enough material to do 25K of these with plenty left over. The photo of the CE shows about a 1 square inch piece of mat being included. I can't speak to the autograph, but it does say "personally signed", so it's possible he has other people that can do his signature, but it's pretty easy to tell if something is done with autopen or printed on.
From the 2K website is this little bullet point regarding the signatures: http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/us-hulkamania-collectors-edition

• Exclusive Collectible Art Card Personally Autographed by Hulk Hogan: The Hulkster himself signed thousands of these cards specifically for the "HULKAMANIA" Edition of WWE 2K15. We sent him the Sharpies and have the photos to prove it!

Sounds legit to me :)

I've never bought a WWE game before, but might go ahead and give this one a swing since the CE is pretty damn good. The only Madden game I've ever bought was last year's that came with the NFL Sunday Ticket season, so I figure this is in the same boat.

You are correct, sir. I forgot to square the 12"/Sq.ft. It didn't seem possible with only 4,800 Sq inches to draw from ;)

At 20' x 20', they could do at most 1.5" x 1.5" squares (assuming they used the entire mat)

sqrt(57600/25000) = 1.52"
True - assuming that the run size is 25,000 ;) I was trying to solve for that particular "x" though knowing that the squares looked about 1"x1". Did the math really quick and got 20'x20' = 400 Sq Ft X 12" = 4,800. Then when comparing that to the proposed 25,000 units it was way off... that's what happens when you forget you're dealing with a square ;)

From the 2K website is this little bullet point regarding the signatures: http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/us-hulkamania-collectors-edition

• Exclusive Collectible Art Card Personally Autographed by Hulk Hogan: The Hulkster himself signed thousands of these cards specifically for the "HULKAMANIA" Edition of WWE 2K15. We sent him the Sharpies and have the photos to prove it!

I've never bought a WWE game before, but might go ahead and give this one a swing since the CE is pretty damn good. The only Madden game I've ever bought was last year's that came with the NFL Sunday Ticket season, so I figure this is in the same boat.
Put in an Amazon preorder and will probably cancel if/when Best Buy puts up their listing. $80 with GCU for this seems like a steal.

Question for people still clinging to the current gen: Right now, I have Destiny preorders locked in for the 360 Ghost Edition and for both the 360 and PS3 LEs. I'm trying to decide which platform to go with. I'm leaning toward PS3 because of the exclusive content. That and I'm not sure the Ghost replica is worth the extra money.

What are people's thoughts? Is one version more likely to run smoother or have better graphics than the other?

Oh, and I'm too lazy to scalp so I'll probably just cancel the editions I don't want.

Question for people still clinging to the current gen: Right now, I have Destiny preorders locked in for the 360 Ghost Edition and for both the 360 and PS3 LEs. I'm trying to decide which platform to go with. I'm leaning toward PS3 because of the exclusive content. That and I'm not sure the Ghost replica is worth the extra money.

What are people's thoughts? Is one version more likely to run smoother or have better graphics than the other?

Oh, and I'm too lazy to scalp so I'll probably just cancel the editions I don't want.
Do you have more friends that are playing on one platform over another cuz raids don't have matchmaking and require 6 people if you care about them. I'd go with the ps3 because of the exclusive/early stuff you get

I'm pretty sure that its an EA contractual obligation to take pictures. The guy who did the Madden 12 HoF Edition tweeted photos of him "signing" 125,000 copies as well.

I guess the easiest way to tell would be to compare multiple signatures. It seems like it'd be physically impossible to hand sign twice in the exact same spot/way even after 30+ years of signing autographs.

I'm pretty sure that its an EA contractual obligation to take pictures. The guy who did the Madden 12 HoF Edition tweeted photos of him "signing" 125,000 copies as well.

I guess the easiest way to tell would be to compare multiple signatures. It seems like it'd be physically impossible to hand sign twice in the exact same spot/way even after 30+ years of signing autographs.
I would say he sign some probably for pictures but the rest probably done by autopen. If the autograph is real and it was witnessed then the manufacture should have no problem including a simple certificate of authenticity inside the CE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back