Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah, that looks really good, I just wish I could afford it right now. :( So many other games I'm getting coming out in such a small time frame. *le sigh*

There is a special edition of "The Art of Dead Space" with a special clamshell and 32 extra pages, $65 on the EA Gear web site. Limited to 1000.

[quote name='takotchi']There is a special edition of "The Art of Dead Space" with a special clamshell and 32 extra pages, $65 on the EA Gear web site. Limited to 1000.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gators300']Nice find. Was looking for a nice Dead Space Artbook. Ordered one. Here's the link:

http://gear.ea.com/collectibles-and-toys/art-of-dead-space-clamshell-edition.html[/QUOTE]

Awesome - ordered one of the Clamshell books. Thanks for the heads up, guys. I also have the standard version on order from Amazon. Can't decide if I should cancel the standard one now (its only $23!) or just keep them both. /deadspacelove. :)

Didn't see this anywhere, but for those that are interested, there is a U.S. collectors edition for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. It's $79.99, there are only 5000 copies being made (not sure if it's combined for both consoles, or 5000 for each.), and it's only being sold at the Namco Bandai store online. The pre orders for the collectors edition start tomorrow.

[quote name='vashtheowner']Didn't see this anywhere, but for those that are interested, there is a U.S. collectors edition for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. It's $79.99, there are only 5000 copies being made (not sure if it's combined for both consoles, or 5000 for each.), and it's only being sold at the Namco Bandai store online. The pre orders for the collectors edition start tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've added it to the op!

^I'm definitely interested, but I need to know the price...the highest I'll go is $79.99.

As for which edition...I'll have to think about that. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Vigilante']^I'm definitely interested, but I need to know the price...the highest I'll go is $79.99.

As for which edition...I'll have to think about that. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

That would be a reasonable price for the CE, so I'm guessing the actual price will be $99.99 or $89.99

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm still hoping a steelbook pops up somewhere for this, or at least a US CE for it.[/QUOTE]*ahem*

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...on-revealed-for-north-america-runs-you-79-99/

Looks like we're just getting the one "Survival Edition", but there's a steelbook...which Europe is not getting. ;)

Here's the full list of extras:

• Full Size Hardcover Art Book by Dark Horse Comics
  • The Last of Us: American Dreams Comic #1 with Variant cover
  • Sights & Sounds Pack DLC voucher
  • Steelbook Metal Box Packaging
  • Naughty Dog Stickers

I am most definitely getting in on this, especially with the fair $79.99 price tag (even better when I'm preordering at Best Buy for the $20 in RZ certificates; I'll just have to hope this edition appears on BBY.com as 5/7 approaches).

One thing to note: Apparently the Sights & Sounds Pack DLC is included with all preorders, not just this Survival Edition.

So I guess all we're missing out on in the US is the poster, DS3 skin and some downloadable stuff. And then we get a steelbook and some stickers that they don't get lol.

I'll get this day one for sure if BB has it so I can get the $20 GC.

[quote name='ssjmichael']wait, the post-pandemic edition doesn't come with the Artbook from the Survival edition? That makes no sense.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='ssjmichael']wait, the post-pandemic edition doesn't come with the Artbook from the Survival edition? That makes no sense.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I agree, that's really strange. If it did, I'd be slightly tempted to get the Post-Pandemic Edition, but as it is, I'll just get the Survival Edition from BBY.

The statue looks pretty, but no way do I pay an extra $80 for that and the Survival DLC. And the no art book definitely kills it.

Really want the Post Pandemic Edition but I cant see myself paying $149.99 + tax for it. They're saying its very "exclusive" so maybe I might just pre-order it and think about it for a while.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Really want the Post Pandemic Edition but I cant see myself paying $149.99 + tax for it. They're saying its very "exclusive" so maybe I might just pre-order it and think about it for a while.[/QUOTE]It's $159.99 if that makes any difference.

[quote name='PimpLimp']It's $159.99 if that makes any difference.[/QUOTE]

Damn, even worse lol I'm just going to put down a pre-order anyway just in case these are limited and sell out before I make up my mind.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The Survival Edition is awesome, I'll be getting that, assuming it's available at somewhere besides GameStop.[/QUOTE]I hear that. If that's also a GS-exclusive (doubtful given the wording of the press release), I'll just get the standard edition from Best Buy.

ugh I just returned from picking up my Ni no Kuni at GS...my steelbook is in bad shape, nevermind the minor scratches, there are dings and dents here and there that took the paint/gloss off so the silver color of steel catches your attention more than the artwork itself...I tried asking for another but the dude just shrugged me off, gave me the whole "you should feel lucky you got one" speech

and now I see that the only place to grab the Survival Edition is GS? fml

FFS the biggest game of the year for me and I was hoping like hell it'd get a CE and now it gets a GS exclusive CE. And like someone said the most expensive one doesn't even include the art book?? What a joke. I want this so much that I'm probably still going to order the damn thing though. God dammit. It had better be extremely limited.

I really wish they had simply made the $80 version. An art book (full size no less) and a steelbook is exactly what I'd want from an $80 CE of this type.

[quote name='diishen']ugh I just returned from picking up my Ni no Kuni at GS...my steelbook is in bad shape, nevermind the minor scratches, there are dings and dents here and there that took the paint/gloss off so the silver color of steel catches your attention more than the artwork itself...I tried asking for another but the dude just shrugged me off, gave me the whole "you should feel lucky you got one" speech

and now I see that the only place to grab the Survival Edition is GS? fml[/QUOTE]Only the Post-Pandemic Edition is GS-exclusive, NOT the Survival Edition. Gamestop is just the only place that has a product page for the Survival Edition right now.

[quote name='ShockandAww']FFS the biggest game of the year for me and I was hoping like hell it'd get a CE and now it gets a GS exclusive CE. And like someone said the most expensive one doesn't even include the art book?? What a joke. I want this so much that I'm probably still going to order the damn thing though. God dammit. It had better be extremely limited.[/QUOTE]You know, thanks to both you and Gamer4life88, now I'm tempted to just put down a preorder at GS for the PPE and see if it sells out. :whistle2:k

EDIT: On second thought...nah. Come on, Best Buy, list the Survival Edition already!

Last edited by a moderator:
The $80 edition of TLOU is so much better than the $160 version. Half the price and all you lose is the statue but get an art book. I also don't get why the $160 version does have the art book, esp considering the book has an MSRP of $40.

[quote name='ShockandAww']FFS the biggest game of the year for me and I was hoping like hell it'd get a CE and now it gets a GS exclusive CE. And like someone said the most expensive one doesn't even include the art book?? What a joke. I want this so much that I'm probably still going to order the damn thing though. God dammit. It had better be extremely limited.

I really wish they had simply made the $80 version. An art book (full size no less) and a steelbook is exactly what I'd want from an $80 CE of this type.[/QUOTE]

Then just buy the $80 version? Do you lack self control or somethin?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Really want the Post Pandemic Edition but I cant see myself paying $149.99 + tax for it. They're saying its very "exclusive" so maybe I might just pre-order it and think about it for a while.[/QUOTE]

So it's truly a GS exclusive?

I'd have to imagine that given it is a new title and a PS3 exclusive it "Should" have a low print number....

Still $159.99 is a lot. I'm assuming it's at least $25 to preorder?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The $80 edition of TLOU is so much better than the $160 version. Half the price and all you lose is the statue but get an art book. I also don't get why the $160 version does have the art book, esp considering the book has an MSRP of $40.[/QUOTE]To be fair, you also lose the Survival DLC pack, but that comes with all Gamestop preorders, so that's only an issue if you get the game somewhere else.

[quote name='GBAstar']So it's truly a GS exclusive?

I'd have to imagine that given it is a new title and a PS3 exclusive it "Should" have a low print number....

Still $159.99 is a lot. I'm assuming it's at least $25 to preorder?[/QUOTE]Most likely, but you can always ask if you can put $5 down. It was possible for the DOA5 CE (also GS-exclusive), but then again, that was half the price, so $25 might be the minimum for this one.

[quote name='MrBoss']Extremely limited?

Anyone remember:
http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-3-Deception-Collectors-Edition-Playstation/dp/B0053OOEAA

:rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]Honestly, I'd compare the U3 CE to the Survival Edition here, not the Post-Pandemic Edition that will more likely be "extremely limited" due to being GS-exclusive.

So tempting, but $159.99 for the post-pandemic edition is a ton. Also after browsing gamestops website I saw a white 500gb ps3 with 1 year of PS+ for $299.99. Always wanted a different colored ps3 besides black!

That Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition looks tempting but comes in at $170 after taxes... not sure if I should get it, even though the game looks badass.

[quote name='Vigilante']
Honestly, I'd compare the U3 CE to the Survival Edition here, not the Post-Pandemic Edition that will more likely be "extremely limited" due to being GS-exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Like the GS exclusive Ninja Gaiden 3 CE which they are still trying to get rid of and is currently being sold for 60% off it's original price?

We're also talking about a CE where the primary bonus is a statue of two characters nobody is currently that familiar with since this is the first game in the series. How many people will plunk down that much money for a statue of characters they have no real love for yet?

[quote name='GBAstar']So it's truly a GS exclusive?

Still $159.99 is a lot. I'm assuming it's at least $25 to preorder?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $25 is the minimum you can put down at gamestop for an item at this price. I also think it might be limited for the reasons you mentioned but you never really know with these, I'm just going to throw down a pre-order just in case.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Then just buy the $80 version? Do you lack self control or somethin?[/QUOTE]

I usually could not care less about what is in a CE. I myself am not really a collector of what I'd personally consider a bunch of crap. There's things I prefer and some things I will keep but for the most part I don't care. For this game however, it's different. I want it for myself. So that's $180 (after tax and one day shipping) gone right there.

I'll also buy the $80 version no problem. That edition by itself is a steal imo. There's $260 spent but I'm not done..

For the $160 version I'm not going to go too into it because of mods, but I'm sure you can figure out why I'd want shit to be limited. For the price and what you get though, I'm hoping for an extremely limited amount. However it is worrying that it's apparently not numbered or anything like someone else pointed out.

Honestly though I don't think there's any question of if this sells out but when. This is hopefully going to be like a Bioshock CE or a Dead Space CE but with an insane MSRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back