Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not sold out anywhere. In fact, I don't think any retailer except Amazon even has it for sale. It missed it's release date today and presumably was pushed back to the 29th along with the vanilla version. Amazon is just showing it as temporarily out of stock because they never received it.
Ok, I thought it was strange when I checked and no other retailers seemed to even have a listing. For whatever reason the CE I pre-ordered has always showed 19th for release with the standard version showing today.

I guess I have more time to decide atleast.

Ok, I thought it was strange when I checked and no other retailers seemed to even have a listing. For whatever reason the CE I pre-preserved has always showed 19th for release with the standard version showing today.

I guess I have more time to decide atleast.
Gamestop apparently cancelled preorders for it several months ago and actually called people to tell them they could get a refund or put the cash toward something else. Nordic is such a weird company. I think Amazon is also the only retailer carrying We Sing Pop in the US as well and that one was delayed repeatedly until it finally showed up for sale one day.

This one somewhat justifies the price though considering the statue is HUGE. It also comes with a 190 page art book that could modestly be valued at $15-20. So for the sake of argument the statue is ~$170 which is really what you're paying for. That seems like a fair estimate given the quality and LED lighting all over it.

I'm putting in a pre-order for now; can always come to my senses later.
I've seen multiple video game related statues that were a lot less cool looking & smaller for more than $170.

Is anyone getting Deadfall Adventures Collectors Edition for X360? Is it sold out everywhere? I have a pre-order buy need to decide if I should keep it.
I also have a preorder on Amazon for this. Haven't heard anything about it being shipped yet.

I'm still trying to figure out what will be in the CE. Their site claims it'll have a physical art book, but the mock-up of the CE doesn't include it.

517LYP2faSL.jpg

has anyone seen this? im thinking bout preordering it but im not that big of a zelda fan to spend 100 bucks on some guides.

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this question, but since it's a huge collectors edition thread I thought it might be my best chance to get an answer.

I bought the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary box last week and from what I understand there were 30,000 of them total between xbox and ps3.  I got the ps3 one and the certificate says "SPECIAL / 30000".  Does anyone know what the heck this means?  Searching google makes it difficult to track down since its a collectors or special edition set and they all have out of 30,000 written on them.  I can only imagine that they either lied and made more than 30,000 or that they don't want the 30,000/30,000 to be as special as say 1/30,000.  I don't own a lot of limited stuff, so I don't really know.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this question, but since it's a huge collectors edition thread I thought it might be my best chance to get an answer.

I bought the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary box last week and from what I understand there were 30,000 of them total between xbox and ps3. I got the ps3 one and the certificate says "SPECIAL / 30000". Does anyone know what the heck this means? Searching google makes it difficult to track down since its a collectors or special edition set and they all have out of 30,000 written on them. I can only imagine that they either lied and made more than 30,000 or that they don't want the 30,000/30,000 to be as special as say 1/30,000. I don't own a lot of limited stuff, so I don't really know.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Try going here :http://collectorsedition.org

A lot of knowledgeable people about collector's editions there. I've never heard of that, but seems...special!

Oh wow, this thing almost stands 2' tall. . .

I'm so tempted because I love the art design for this one and it sounds like these will be truly limited considering the pricepoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q2ziV8fUuI
At $250 I'm halfway to the cost of the Metal Gear Rex statue that came out last year. I'd rather just go for that since at $250 or $500 the girlfriend would nearly kill me. The statue looks really cool though.

At $250 I'm halfway to the cost of the Metal Gear Rex statue that came out last year. I'd rather just go for that since at $250 or $500 the girlfriend would nearly kill me. The statue looks really cool though.
Buy her a purse of equal cost, this is the universal solver for these kind of problems :lol:

My EU The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Collector's Edition shipped today. Some people in the States were reporting their preorders getting canceled due to no overseas shipping but luckily mine went through. 

Try going here :http://collectorsedition.org

A lot of knowledgeable people about collector's editions there. I've never heard of that, but seems...special!
Thanks for the link. I will see what I can dig up there!

Actually, searching for just the right keywords on google I was able to find this answer...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29602651/street-fighter-25th-anniversary-collectors-set-production-number-question&pg=last&527519281

The thread is locked and answered by an actual Capcom rep, so that seems pretty cool!

Thanks for the link. I will see what I can dig up there!

Actually, searching for just the right keywords on google I was able to find this answer...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29602651/street-fighter-25th-anniversary-collectors-set-production-number-question&pg=last&527519281

The thread is locked and answered by an actual Capcom rep, so that seems pretty cool!
While interesting, I don't really think the Capcom rep is correct about that being "extra rare". Indeed, there is only one of each number created in theory but hundreds of the un-numbered version which makes it less special IMHO.

Yeah, it puts it in your cart when you add it.  I want this, but $30 and waiting a week to get it (or more. . .) has me hesitating.  Wish it had a steelbook and soundtrack instead of a watch.

So wait, I've heard horror stories about Digital River: are they the guys that process stuff for SE orders, or was that Capcom?

Also, I just noticed if you spend $100 you get free shipping but it's economy postal.  Guessing that's the same as the 5-7 days but they charge ~$7 anyway so you might as well buy something for $10.

So wait, I've heard horror stories about Digital River: are they the guys that process stuff for SE orders, or was that Capcom?

Also, I just noticed if you spend $100 you get free shipping but it's economy postal. Guessing that's the same as the 5-7 days but they charge ~$7 anyway so you might as well buy something for $10.
They process Capcom, Square-Enix, Namco and a few other video game companies orders. It really is a gamble dealing with them. If you get a damaged item, good luck getting a replacement and I personally have had to go through the management chain at Namco and Capcom to get any kind of resolution in the past. As such, I won't order anything handled by Digital River anymore.

When is the original page gonna be updated? Its kinda hard going through all the pages to see what upcoming collectors edition are coming out. If not someone should make a new threat with the new consoles included in them.

When is the original page gonna be updated? Its kinda hard going through all the pages to see what upcoming collectors edition are coming out. If not someone should make a new threat with the new consoles included in them.
The OP has gone poof, so unless someone makes a new thread probably never.

Man, I want that. I can never figure out how to work the Japanese Amazon site. I can do the German site just fine, just never the Japanese. Any tips?
There's actually an "In English" button on top of the main Amazon.co.jp site. Also, you'll have to create a new account with Amazon Japan since US accounts don't get linked like the European ones.

If you're on a mobile phone you'll have to switch it to the desktop view, there's a button for that too at the very bottom. It should have something like "Amazon PC" with a bunch of Kanji mixed in.

Edit: Part of the site will still be in Japanese, but this should make it a lot easier to navigate/checkout.

I can't imagine it being rare, like Ni No was. SE knows pretty much anything with FF in the title is guaranteed to sell so they're probably going to be produced in ample numbers.
True, but the fact that you can only purchase it from SEonline and Digital River turns off a lot of people, it might actually be rare. Only if the game is actually good is really what determines if it's worth the rarity or not :)

True, but the fact that you can only purchase it from SEonline and Digital River turns off a lot of people, it might actually be rare. Only if the game is actually good is really what determines if it's worth the rarity or not :)
I think it will be semi rare. As you said being only available at one retailer lessens the pool of total stock. Seeing as how FFXIII-2 CE didn't sell well I don't see them producing a huge abundance. Not to mention that this CE actually comes with stuff that costs more to produce than what was in the XIII-2 CE (Bigger art book and pocket watch versus Soundtrack CD and 5 pages of art built into the case).

I can't imagine it being rare, like Ni No was. SE knows pretty much anything with FF in the title is guaranteed to sell so they're probably going to be produced in ample numbers.
The FF Realm Unborn CE's were pretty hard to come by... especially the PC version... which just so happens... to be a SE exclusive...

but who knows anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back