Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent $180 importing splinter cell blacklist silver edition.

Uplay exclusives are usually nice.

Go to collectorsedition.org, and go to the forum, introduce yourself and ask for help to import the exclusive. They wont even charge you.

Is anyone else thinking about importing the Link Between Worlds CE from Europe? I really want it but that price seems kinda high for just a tiny, crappy sounding music box. 

Really?! The one time I hesitated to order a CE and then decided I wanted is when every retailer sells out. Thanks for the info. I've checked all my local stores and all of them told me that they don't have it or are only for those who reserved it.
Yeah, I hesitated to order because the Arkham games before never sold out, in fact I think you can still get Arkham City CE on Amazon. I preordered CE's in the past from Walmart and they have arrived, but people on here say otherwise. So I honestly don't know :[

Yeah I'm a little worried about my walmart order. No shipping yet.
my amazon order still hasn't shipped yet.. anyone purchase batman collectors with FSSS and have theirs ship? I should have learned my lesson with the final fantasy collectors edition amazon canceled on me with the slow shipping option.

Is anyone else thinking about importing the Link Between Worlds CE from Europe? I really want it but that price seems kinda high for just a tiny, crappy sounding music box.
Turns out that "crappy sounding music box" also serves as a case for up to five 3DS/DS games:

2aklg0y.jpg

35hlf6g.jpg

Also, it has been confirmed that it is being released in Austrailia as well. Hopefully an announcement of it coming to the States is on the horizon.

Who's selling that again? I didn't see it on any of the European Amazon sites. Tried Germany, Spain, UK, and Italy. Thing that sucks is that the 3DS is region locked.

my amazon order still hasn't shipped yet.. anyone purchase batman collectors with FSSS and have theirs ship? I should have learned my lesson with the final fantasy collectors edition amazon canceled on me with the slow shipping option.
I didn't know amazon canceled orders. I always thought amazon had good inventory management.

Yeah, I hesitated to order because the Arkham games before never sold out, in fact I think you can still get Arkham City CE on Amazon. I preordered CE's in the past from Walmart and they have arrived, but people on here say otherwise. So I honestly don't know :[
The only thing I've ever preorderd from walmart was Ninja Gaiden 2 back in 2008. I got an awesome wall scroll and it came on time. I really hope we get our games. I've been waiting to play this game but if I don't get the collectors edition I think i'm going to pass until the complete collection edition with all dlc for it comes out and pick that up at 20 bucks.

I spent $180 importing splinter cell blacklist silver edition.

Uplay exclusives are usually nice.

Go to collectorsedition.org, and go to the forum, introduce yourself and ask for help to import the exclusive. They wont even charge you.
Interesting site. I'll definintely check it out. I usually just preorder my collectors edition to help support a company/game that I really like. But the european collector's stuff has always looked interesting.

Turns out that "crappy sounding music box" also serves as a case for up to five 3DS/DS games:

2aklg0y.jpg

35hlf6g.jpg

Also, it has been confirmed that it is being released in Austrailia as well. Hopefully an announcement of it coming to the States is on the horizon.
Damn it, now I'm interesred. There's only 4 3/DS Zelda games though, right? Spirit tracks, phantom hourglass, OoT and the new one coming out?

2aklg0y.jpg

35hlf6g.jpg

Nice. Should fit 5 of my America's Test Kitchen games :whee:

I didn't know amazon canceled orders. I always thought amazon had good inventory management.
I've had amazon cancel a few orders when they have the item on their site but say "out of stock" with no delivery date. After 30 days and they still don't have a delivery date they usually cancel the order.

The only time i've had them cancel when it was in stock was with the final fantasy online ps3 collectors.. they gave me a $50 credit but i think i'd rather have the game since it's pretty rare now.

Whoa, that's pretty bad ass!

It would be awesome if it was coming here. But the game comes out in less than a month so it seems like it would be a kind of a stretch for a CE to get announced.

I hate buying from Game because I've had nothing but trouble from them. Plus, they still charge VAT right out the door on all customers and you can't get it refunded without having to jump through a bunch of hoops.

Did anyone who just ordered get an order confirmation from gamestop?

Edit never mind just got my confirmation order.

^ Damn... people must really love their wrasling

Edit: What's the backstory on this? If BB is carrying it I'd imagine other retailers are too. Has it been sold out for awhile?

It doesn't show online, but in-store I saw Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for $109.99 for PS3 while the Xbox 360 was $129.99 and thought that was kind of odd.

For those who have it, what are your guys thoughts on the Batman Arkham Origins Collector's Edition, specifically the joker statue?

I picked up the game, but I'm debating on returning it and getting the CE. Is it worth it? How's the detail/quality?

Thanks.

For those who have it, what are your guys thoughts on the Batman Arkham Origins Collector's Edition, specifically the joker statue?

I picked up the game, but I'm debating on returning it and getting the CE. Is it worth it? How's the detail/quality?

Thanks.
I have seen both the European and US version in person, I can say without a shadow of doubt, the US version looks like complete garbage.

I honestly don't know why folks here on CAG are raving about the US version but I have to agree w/ the hundreds of reviews(counting people that agreed w/ the review as well) that the statue is mediocre at best. It doesn't light up well, the quality and craftsmanship is garbage IMHO.

I don't have a fucking clue why CAGs are complimenting it but comparing the US to the EU version and other collector's editions released by WB (MK and AC), this thing is not worth the price at all.

Hell, even on it's own and not comparing it to other WB's products I wouldn't buy this C.E...

I don't like the UK version for this particular CE at all. Why people are so enamored with those types of statues (i.e. think Injustice) I'll never know.

But for someone who HAS this statue I'm not sure how you can rant about it being "garbage" at the $119.99 price point. What CE's with statues at the $119.99 price point were better? I have just about every major CE that has come out in the last few years and if you think this is garbage I'd hate to see what you think about some of the others.

I don't like the UK version for this particular CE at all. Why people are so enamored with those types of statues (i.e. think Injustice) I'll never know.

But for someone who HAS this statue I'm not sure how you can rant about it being "garbage" at the $119.99 price point. What CE's with statues at the $119.99 price point were better? I have just about every major CE that has come out in the last few years and if you think this is garbage I'd hate to see what you think about some of the others.
Can't comment on the Origins Joker statue, but I thought the Bioshock Big Daddy statue and the Arkham City Batman statue were very well done. Those CEs were $80 and $100 respectively, IIRC.

Also, the Slimer statue that Amazon had with the Ghostbusters game a few years back is good quality.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/64835/castlevania-lords-of-shaow-2-draculas-tomb-edition-announced-new-trailer-released

clos_2_hero_shot_tomb_a4final_640.jpg

The Dracula’s Tomb Premium Edition is limited to just 30,000 units across Europe and will be available in the UK exclusively via GAME. Those who snag one will find its contents inside a tomb casing complete with a copy of the game, four highly detailed miniature figurines designed by comic book artist Neil Googe (Judge Dredd, Wildcats), an A4 hardcover art book, and an exclusive Steelbook.

Konami also revealed an alternative steelbook edition for pre-orders from Zavvi, which is encased in a metallic cover featuring an exclusive image of its central figure, Dracula. Those pre-ordering will also receive the alternate ‘Premium Dracula’ suit, a ‘Dark Dracula’ costume, or a ‘Relic Rune’ pack, that adds relic items to the user’s inventory, dependent on where it is pre-ordered.

I have seen both the European and US version in person, I can say without a shadow of doubt, the US version looks like complete garbage.

I honestly don't know why folks here on CAG are raving about the US version but I have to agree w/ the hundreds of reviews(counting people that agreed w/ the review as well) that the statue is mediocre at best. It doesn't light up well, the quality and craftsmanship is garbage IMHO.

I don't have a fucking clue why CAGs are complimenting it but comparing the US to the EU version and other collector's editions released by WB (MK and AC), this thing is not worth the price at all.
Hell, even on it's own and not comparing it to other WB's products I wouldn't buy this C.E...
So glad BB offered the documentary movie for $6 if you bought it with the game.

Agreed. The joker statue is junk. The EU version is a superior sculpt and paint job.

Question for you guys. I have an opportunity to pick up the AC IV LE. Should I pull the trigger now or should this get as cheap as the AC III LE?

I picked up the US Arkham Origins CE and I like it. While I like the UK statue a tiny bit more, this one is still pretty cool. Don't expect a $400 quality statue for the price and you'll be happy with it.

Question for you guys. I have an opportunity to pick up the AC IV LE. Should I pull the trigger now or should this get as cheap as the AC III LE?

Definitely wait. Ubisoft is well known for their common LE/CE's as of late. Target/WM still have AC3 and Gamestop would as well if they hadn't converted them to used. Between Splinter Cell, and 4+ different versions of AC4 & Watchdogs, I have a feeling like we're going to see a lot of Ubi LE's gathering dust for the next year.

I swear im cursed when it comes to buying CE's. It seems like the ones I buy (SR4 GotG, Xillia, GTA 5, Arkham Origins, etc) end up being the common ones and the ones I pass up on because I thought they'd be common (WWE 14, FF 14, Last of us PP) are the ones that get rare.

Thanks.

I like it a lot. My only complaint is that it doesn't fit the shelf I was planning to put it on because of how deep it is. So now it sits away from the other Batman figures and statues I have.

I like the UK one too though. I plan on snagging that figure in a few months if the price doesn't inflate too badly.

Can't comment on the Origins Joker statue, but I thought the Bioshock Big Daddy statue and the Arkham City Batman statue were very well done. Those CEs were $80 and $100 respectively, IIRC.

Also, the Slimer statue that Amazon had with the Ghostbusters game a few years back is good quality.
You mean the big daddy statue where the majority arrived broken? Yep.. not speaks "quality" then DOA.

I agree the arkham city statue was pretty good but if you pull up threads relating to it at the time it released those were filled with people bitching about the paint job.

I'm digging that Castlevania LoS2 CE. I hope it comes out in the U.S. and <$100. There isn't any huge statue or major item, so that one should be $80.
Hmm well the limited edition of LoS was 80.00 and it was a great looking G1 sized digibook (artbook) and just came with a limited soundtrack. I'd hope that they release something similar but cheaper because the LoS LE is great.

That red steelbook looks sexy. I'm crossing my fingers for something similar in the US. Even if it's just a pre order bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back