Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='takotchi']My clamshell edition of Art of Dead Space shipped already. Looks like I'll have it a week early. That's nice.[/QUOTE]

I missed the boat on that. Is it still available? I got in on the Dev Kit (no game) but would be interested in the art book. I remember people talking about it but I never got around to researching it. Where was it sold?

Thanks

i cant believe people are going to pay the $150 for the PPE edition of Last of Us just for the statue and no artbook

This is coming from a guy who is always a sucker for the statue in CE's but without the artbook i cant justify paying $150 over $80, if it came with the artbook and the statue id definitely would have gotten the PPE , perhaps if we had something more than just still pictures of the statue like a video to give me a better look at it i would cave

paying double ($80 more) for a farking statue is lame, I can't see myself doing that. And stop worrying they won't make enough copy. It's capitalism, if there is demand there will be supply, unless even they don't think anyone would pay that much more for a statue too.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Would have answered this yesterday but I left my receipt in my car. Then forgot in the car when I got home last night.

Anyways it is: 271327

My receipt says: Last of Us, Post-Pndmc CE*SD5/[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I did get the right one!

[quote name='PimpLimp']The Last of Us Survival Edition is up on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Really excited for this, if the promotional art for this game is any indication, the book that comes with this will be amazing!

These collector's editions are getting so freaking stupid. Give me a steelbook, a soundtrack, an artbook, and maybe some DLC. I will pay $80-90 for that. This shit is all just getting idiotic, though. It makes gamers look like giant man children, is too expensive, usually of questionable quality, and takes up too much space.

/rant

Thanks for posting the link to the survival edition! Still feel the better value is with this edition versus the Pandemic edition. But hey, to each his own.

[quote name='TooPoor']I saw the video of the Splinter Cell CE too. This plane better not be made like the BLOPS 2 one.[/QUOTE]
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:
  • Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
  • Wingspan: 650 mm / 25.6 in
  • Length: 600 mm / 23.6 in
  • Weight (with battery): 270 g / 8.7 oz
  • Motor: Twin 30mm Electric Ducted Fan Units
  • Radio: 2.4 GHZ , 3 Channel RC controls throttle, elevator and vector thrust steering
  • Battery: Li-Po 11.1V 600mAh, 15C
  • Charger: Auto-Cut Off Peak balancing Lipoly Charger with A/C adapter
  • Constructed of high quality, durable EPO foam
Source: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/ga...ell-blacklist-paladin-aircraft-edition/107740
Some type of foam... But this thing can go 35mph. :bouncy:

[quote name='Zaku77']These collector's editions are getting so freaking stupid. Give me a steelbook, a soundtrack, an artbook, and maybe some DLC. I will pay $80-90 for that. This shit is all just getting idiotic, though. It makes gamers look like giant man children, is too expensive, usually of questionable quality, and takes up too much space.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Personally, I revel in my man-child status :thumbup:

I agree with you, though. It is a little ridiculous. I'm still buying it.

[quote name='htz']Some type of foam... But this thing can go 35mph. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Thanks htz. So it is like the BLOPS 2 one after all....:wall:

i cant believe you guys got me to cave, just switched my SE to PPE at gamestop, traded in bunch of old games got $58 credit , i have a few months to pay it off i guess

People getting mad about bigger and more expensive CEs is kinda hilarious though. Even my wife asked me why you guys get so uptight about it? Basically in her words, "No one is making them buy these things. Why do they take it like its some personal attack against them and their wallets?".

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']People getting mad about bigger and more expensive CEs is kinda hilarious though. Even my wife asked me why you guys get so uptight about it? Basically in her words, "No one is making them buy these things. Why do they take it like its some personal attack against them and their wallets?".[/QUOTE]

It does kind of go against everything the CAG is supposed to stand for. In that respect, I can understand the uproar.

[quote name='tossup']Thanks for the heads up! Really excited for this, if the promotional art for this game is any indication, the book that comes with this will be amazing![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the update placed my order.

I bet this will be the year we see a mass produced $200 collector's edition...

I make a habit of buying every collector's edition but $170 for a splinter cell game that will be $30 in best buy after a couple months, just for the sake of a remote controlled plane (that I will never use) and a fanyy box.

Ugh.

I'd happily pay $79.99 for every release if it just came with a nice steel book and soundtrack or art book. Stop with the expensive (and often crappy) useless extras. Please!

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']People getting mad about bigger and more expensive CEs is kinda hilarious though. Even my wife asked me why you guys get so uptight about it? Basically in her words, "No one is making them buy these things. Why do they take it like its some personal attack against them and their wallets?".[/QUOTE]

Completely missing the point. I am a collector, so I always feel some kind of pseudo obligation to buy them. Beyond that, though, CEs can be pretty neat. It's a let down to see one of these idiotic money grabs over a more conservative, and more appealing, design.

[quote name='Zaku77']Completely missing the point. I am a collector, so I always feel some kind of pseudo obligation to buy them. Beyond that, though, CEs can be pretty neat. It's a let down to see one of these idiotic money grabs over a more conservative, and more appealing, design.[/QUOTE]

Well put.

Then as a collector at some point you must understand the logic of supply and demand, and also premiums for an item. Not everything is gonna be cheap. Just saying, some people on here freak out over minor things that they don't have to buy.

I don't know why everyone is making such a big fuss about these expensive CEs. This is all pretty black and white to me. Especially when it comes to The Last of Us CEs. If you put the flipping aspect aside, it really comes down to whether you want the statue or not. I don't want the statue, and I happen to think that the Survival Edition is well worth the extra $20 for all you get in return. So my choice was obvious.

There are CEs/LEs of not just video games but a whole slew of consumer products. To get mad about this one example is just ridiculous and asinine. Like the poster above me mentioned, as long as there is a demand, there will always be a supply. People will buy these, but that person doesn't have to be you.

$170 for a Splinter Cell CE with a foam plane? I'll pass on that one haha :)

I might sound hypocritical but I think something like The Last Of Us can get away with a $160 CE w/ a hopefully quality statue (particularly when they have a great $80 edition as well) but I don't think a game like Splinter Cell and a plane can do the same thing.

I guess whatever you're into. This Splinter Cell one is the type of CE that I can see easily dropping quickly and on clearance and such. Never know though.

[quote name='ShockandAww']$170 for a Splinter Cell CE with a foam plane? I'll pass on that one haha :)

I might sound hypocritical but I think something like The Last Of Us can get away with a $160 CE w/ a hopefully quality statue (particularly when they have a great $80 edition as well) but I don't think a game like Splinter Cell and a plane can do the same thing.

I guess whatever you're into. This Splinter Cell one is the type of CE that I can see easily dropping quickly and on clearance and such. Never know though.[/QUOTE]
Both editions look to be sold out already on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Splinter-Blacklist-Multi-Mission-Aircraft-Xbox-360/dp/B00B5XAKSI/
http://www.amazon.com/Splinter-Blacklist-Multi-Mission-Aircraft-Playstation-3/dp/B00B5XAKN8/

[quote name='htz']Both editions look to be sold out already on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Splinter-Blacklist-Multi-Mission-Aircraft-Xbox-360/dp/B00B5XAKSI/
http://www.amazon.com/Splinter-Blacklist-Multi-Mission-Aircraft-Playstation-3/dp/B00B5XAKN8/[/QUOTE]

Cool, maybe they aren't going to make many. I imagine they'll restock though. Is everyone selling these? It does say it's available in "very limited quantities" but we all know how that goes. Lately for a lot of the CE's it seems to be true though. Either way I can't justify $170 for that. Maybe if they were numbered with a low run I'd bite.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']hmmm I have a feeling we will see a restock in the future. Really dont see this CE being worth a whole lot, unless you collect model/ rc planes![/QUOTE]

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 says otherwise, you honestly never really know how these CE are going to turn out. It seems more and more that they are selling out though, maybe they got smarter about over stocking these things.

I miss the old days of $80 collectors editions, I thought those were overpriced and expensive, you can only imagine my grief now.

[quote name='skiizim']Call of Duty Black Ops 2 says otherwise, you honestly never really know how these CE are going to turn out. It seems more and more that they are selling out though, maybe they got smarter about over stocking these things.

I miss the old days of $80 collectors editions, I thought those were overpriced and expensive, you can only imagine my grief now.[/QUOTE]

Black Ops 2 did become available again at GS and Amazon a couple weeks before release though. There always seems to be some last minute wave of stock whether that's because of cancellations or whatever. Having said that, this was never out of stock. The earlier poster was completely wrong as it has said "temporarily out of stock" since the listing went up this morning, but it can be preordered and it's just a glitch in the listing because the person entering the data forgot to enter a projected release date.

[quote name='TooPoor']htz wasn't being serious about it being "sold out", just providing the link and info that it went up on Amazon.
I think.[/QUOTE]

Didn't seem like a joke to me, but it's hard to tell without some other indication like a j/k or emoticon.

[quote name='takotchi']My clamshell edition of Art of Dead Space shipped already. Looks like I'll have it a week early. That's nice.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Very excited about this book (and game of course). I am kind of surprised that it is still available - they only made 1,000 of these clamshell editions.

[quote name='bojay1997']Black Ops 2 did become available again at GS and Amazon a couple weeks before release though. There always seems to be some last minute wave of stock whether that's because of cancellations or whatever. Having said that, this was never out of stock. The earlier poster was completely wrong as it has said "temporarily out of stock" since the listing went up this morning, but it can be preordered and it's just a glitch in the listing because the person entering the data forgot to enter a projected release date.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to the availability but to the fact that it did sell out for the most part. I did see these at a few stores a while after release but I'm sure they were just Pre-Orders that were not picked up.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Then as a collector at some point you must understand the logic of supply and demand, and also premiums for an item. Not everything is gonna be cheap. Just saying, some people on here freak out over minor things that they don't have to buy.[/QUOTE]

These big box editions always clearance out like crazy. I see multiple copies sitting all over the place on clearance--especially at Best Buy; I don't think there is that much demand. It is also paying a premium for something that is pretty lame. A giant RC toy, or a shabbily made statue is not something I am interested in paying a premium for. It doesn't have to be cheap. I'd be happy to spend $80-90 for a more conservative package with better contents. I also already gave my counter point to your whole 'don't have to buy it argument'. I think that oversimplifies it to a point where we are no longer even having the same conversation.

[quote name='TooPoor']htz wasn't being serious about it being "sold out", just providing the link and info that it went up on Amazon.
I think.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bojay1997']Didn't seem like a joke to me, but it's hard to tell without some other indication like a j/k or emoticon.[/QUOTE]
I actually thought amazon sold out. >_> Didn't know when they put it up, it was set to temp. out of stock. Hard to tell seeing how recent $150+ CEs are selling out quick like the TLOU pandemic edition and bioshock infinite songbird.

[quote name='Zaku77']These big box editions always clearance out like crazy. I see multiple copies sitting all over the place on clearance--especially at Best Buy; I don't think there is that much demand. It is also paying a premium for something that is pretty lame. A giant RC toy, or a shabbily made statue is not something I am interested in paying a premium for. It doesn't have to be cheap. I'd be happy to spend $80-90 for a more conservative package with better contents. I also already gave my counter point to your whole 'don't have to buy it argument'. I think that oversimplifies it to a point where we are no longer even having the same conversation.[/QUOTE]

And the point still stands that if you don't want it, don't buy it. I don't know why you are arguing this fact. If it doesn't float your boat, then pretend its not out there. No amount of arguing or posting how bad something is will make companies not come out with these bigger and more expensive CEs. The only thing that stops that is bad sales, which that doesn't even really effect it much as you can see when there are clearances at Best Buy or amazon. I don't even really know now what you are trying to argue about with this "conversation" at this point. Let's just agree to disagree, seeing as how I won't change your opinion on the matter, and I'm happy that some have agreed with me.

If you think buying a CE for $150 is a unforgivable rip off and you need to vent that anger in the forum, wait until your girl/wife asks for those thousand dollar purses.

[quote name='TooPoor']If you think buying a CE for $150 is a unforgivable rip off and you need to vent that anger in the forum, wait until your girl/wife asks for those thousand dollar purses.[/QUOTE]

while i suppose i could justify some fancy clothes or purse for said person....unless she is the millionaire of the pair no way in the hell would i ever get a woman a several thousand dollar purse. and even then if i got lucky enough to marry a millionaire i'm making damn sure that money doesn't get blown away by living too crazy.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']And the point still stands that if you don't want it, don't buy it. I don't know why you are arguing this fact. If it doesn't float your boat, then pretend its not out there. No amount of arguing or posting how bad something is will make companies not come out with these bigger and more expensive CEs. The only thing that stops that is bad sales, which that doesn't even really effect it much as you can see when there are clearances at Best Buy or amazon. I don't even really know now what you are trying to argue about with this "conversation" at this point. Let's just agree to disagree, seeing as how I won't change your opinion on the matter, and I'm happy that some have agreed with me.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you got some validation, my friend. ;)

[quote name='TooPoor']If you think buying a CE for $150 is a unforgivable rip off and you need to vent that anger in the forum, wait until your girl/wife asks for those thousand dollar purses.[/QUOTE]

I was upset with my BlOps 2 CP purchase. So I managed to snag a $115 one from Amazon Warehouse that was brand new. Returned it to Best Buy, and I feel much better now.

Mainly upset with the foam drone, rest of the stuff was pretty cool.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Op, I saw this missing from the post.

Release Date: April 30, 2013

Injustice Gods Amongst Us CE $99.99
Gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/injustice-gods-among-us-collectors-edition/105602

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Injustice-Among-Collectors-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B009NP20Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359211946&sr=8-1&keywords=injustice+gods+among+us+collectors+edition

Injustice Gods Among Us Battle Ed. Gamestop Exclusive. $149.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition/107664[/QUOTE]

now this is just getting ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back