Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I chatted with an Amazon representative about why the estimated arrival date for the Ultimate Songbird Edition is on the 28th, and he told me that their shipment from the distributor had been delayed, so apparently no one will be getting them until the 28th, even with the 2 day shipping option.

Just a note that he offered me a $10 promo credit for my inconvenience. I turned it down, but if you feel slighted by getting it a few days later, it may be something worth exploring.

[quote name='wmoran27']If you pre-order Destiny at Gamestop you get a huge ass poster[/QUOTE]

Do you know if she's wearing a thong or she's completely bare?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Irrational Games has it in stock as well!

LINK

Be sure to check out with PayPal though (CC is getting denied -- I don't think it's just me either).

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

It's not working for either CC or PayPal...

...eh, guess I'll just try my luck at the Irrational launch event.

LINK

Be sure to check out with PayPal though (CC is getting denied -- I don't think it's just me either).

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

It seems the PS3 version is sold out. I've noticed with every retailer that carried the Songbird Edition the PS3 version is always first to sell out. That version may be the more rarer out of the three.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']It seems the PS3 version is sold out. I've noticed with every retailer that carried the Songbird Edition the PS3 version is always first to sell out. That version may be the more rarer out of the three.[/QUOTE]
The PS3 versions all ways sell out first, due to being "region free". Collector sets like this, are always better to sale at a later date when anyone in the world can use the game.

Then with the SFIV set, the PS3 just had a better figure than the 360, but normally it's just due to lack of region blocking on that system. Nothing more!

I ended up cancelling my premium edition on Amazon and placing an order for the Songbird Edition on Irrational. I love Bioshock and there are basically zero games coming out that I am looking forward to. It'll go well with my 1st and 2nd Bioshock collectors editions

[quote name='zerobscure']Do you know if she's wearing a thong or she's completely bare?[/QUOTE]

you know thats not what i meant. its just a big poster

LINK

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

That's really weird.. All my Ccs got declined but PayPal worked fine.. Wonder why that's happening.. However now my card has an authorization even though the website Said it was declined

However my PayPal email only said it was authorized for payment, I don't know if that means they accepted the charge or not

New loot chest coming:
f497_loot_locker_everything.jpg

Gearbox announced that fans will soon have a second chance to purchase a Loot Chest at ThinkGeek, Forbidden Planet and the Gearbox site.

The new chest will cost $99.99 (it does not include a copy of the game) and will be limited to 5,000 copies. It will be available in May and, unlike the chest seen in the collector’s edition, has a diamond-plated paint scheme.

The Loot Chest will include 20 SHiFT codes for in-game legendary weapons scaled to your level, a replica Goliath mask that lets you redeem in-game Goliath heads for your characters, Vault Hunter wanted posters and more.

Source: IGN

^^It's priced at $100 and is limited to 5,000 pieces. Seems overpriced since it doesn't even include the game or any decent DLC. (Besides the mask & guns.) Should have at least come with a Season Pass. Collectors will still probably buy it up though.

[quote name='TooPoor']New loot chest coming:

Source: IGN[/QUOTE]

so awesome! says it will be available in May. Thanks for this TooPoor! definite buy

[quote name='griffinup']^^It's priced at $100 and is limited to 5,000 pieces. Seems overpriced since it doesn't even include the game or any decent DLC. (Besides the mask & guns.) Should have at least come with a Season Pass Collectors will still probably buy it up though.[/QUOTE]
Well, it's a matter of perspective. As long it is truly limited, as you said and I forgot to include in my post (going to add it now), it is worth the price tag for collectors.

gearbox is milking borderlands for all its worth. LOL. I guess borderlands 3 is probably bound for next gen console.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Id buy if the game was included....[/QUOTE]
The game is going to be pretty cheap by the time this chest comes out, it has already seen the $19.99 mark.

I hope they come out with 10 more loot chests just so OCD people who can't help themselves have to keep shelling out more money. I have no problem with Gearbox milking it. For one it's arguably the best new series. But they do it because they know people can't help themselves.

The first run of these new chest will be limited to 5000, with certs of authenticity. However they did state that if those first 5000 sell out they will produce more but those won't be considered part of the "limited edition".

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I hope they come out with 10 more loot chests just so OCD people who can't help themselves have to keep shelling out more money. I have no problem with Gearbox milking it. For one it's arguably the best new series. But they do it because they know people can't help themselves.[/QUOTE]
I would gladly shell out money for these physical, limited merchandise rather than DLC.
That's just me. And you are right, if they come out with 10 more, I would probably buy them all, and recreate a mini Pandora in the corner of my display room :D

[quote name='TooPoor']New loot chest coming:

Source: IGN[/QUOTE]

Is it sad that I got giddy when I thought about putting a vault symbol on my car?

[quote name='TooPoor']I would gladly shell out money for these physical, limited merchandise rather than DLC.
That's just me. And you are right, if they come out with 10 more, I would probably buy them all, and recreate a mini Pandora in the corner of my display room :D[/QUOTE]

Do Leviathan's loot room =P

[quote name='TooPoor']I would gladly shell out money for these physical, limited merchandise rather than DLC.
That's just me. And you are right, if they come out with 10 more, I would probably buy them all, and recreate a mini Pandora in the corner of my display room :D[/QUOTE]
but that $100 can buy you alot of car gas. LOL

[quote name='YBX87']but that $100 can buy you alot of car gas. LOL[/QUOTE]
I know, but gas do not hold their value unless you hoard them -_-

[quote name='TooPoor']I know, but gas do not hold their value unless you hoard them -_-[/QUOTE]
unless you are one of those middle eastern oil tycoon/ govt/ country.

Wow, Splinter Cell Blacklist Collector's Edition pushing $170 and includes an airplane?!

:shock: :shock: :shock: dang...:booty:licious!

For the OP, ssjmichael - did I miss Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition in there? the one with poker chips?

btw, great thread; loved it!!

[quote name='cgxcswim']The first run of these new chest will be limited to 5000, with certs of authenticity. However they did state that if those first 5000 sell out they will produce more but those won't be considered part of the "limited edition".[/QUOTE]

That's irritating to hear that but at least they deserve some credit for being upfront about making more. Sometimes limited collector editions get reprinted without notice to the first batch of customers.

This will still sell out I imagine. A lot of Borderlands fans missed out on the ULCE but that printed with 53,000 copies. 5,000 copies sounds right too me since the Borderlands hype has died down since. It'll be interesting to see if the value of this becomes greater than the ULCE since it's not the "original" loot chest but then again the ULCE can be considered to be mass produced compared to this version. I doubt it'll hit the $400 mark like some of the original ones were selling for though. That was crazy.

[quote name='Donut2922']That's irritating to hear that but at least they deserve some credit for being upfront about making more. Sometimes limited collector editions get reprinted without notice to the first batch of customers.

This will still sell out I imagine. A lot of Borderlands fans missed out on the ULCE but that printed with 53,000 copies. 5,000 copies sounds right too me since the Borderlands hype has died down since. It'll be interesting to see if the value of this becomes greater than the ULCE since it's not the "original" loot chest but then again the ULCE can be considered to be mass produced compared to this version. I doubt it'll hit the $400 mark like some of the original ones were selling for though. That was crazy.[/QUOTE]
I think the original will be worth more, considering its goodies were better. The chest is the same with a different paint job I imagine.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']It seems the PS3 version is sold out. I've noticed with every retailer that carried the Songbird Edition the PS3 version is always first to sell out. That version may be the more rarer out of the three.[/QUOTE]

Companies know there are more XBoxers out there so they always make more for XBox 360 version. They don't make money in secondary market anyway.

[quote name='griffinup']^^It's priced at $100 and is limited to 5,000 pieces. Seems overpriced since it doesn't even include the game or any decent DLC. (Besides the mask & guns.) Should have at least come with a Season Pass. Collectors will still probably buy it up though.[/QUOTE]

Wooo, you're so right! I will definitely get it if it comes with season pass and Paige.

[quote name='GodofGambler']Companies know there are more XBoxers out there so they always make more for XBox 360 version. They don't make money in secondary market anyway.[/QUOTE]

Whhhuuuuuuuuut?

PS3 CE's always tend to sell better because they appeal to the international market (i.e. Region Free).

Also there are more PS3's globally then Xbox 360's.

[quote name='GBAstar']Whhhuuuuuuuuut?

PS3 CE's always tend to sell better because they appeal to the international market (i.e. Region Free).

Also there are more PS3's globally then Xbox 360's.[/QUOTE]

That's totally true. Whatever the reason, they made more XBox loot chest version than PS3 version. I'd prefer PS3 version so I don't have to pay for multiplayer. I use Xbox 360 mostly for Kinect.

Might jump on that loot chest I was totally bummed out for not being able to pre-order the UCLE and I'm a big borderlands fan so hopefully they add some more stuff to it and I have money by then :D

[quote name='RainFall']Anyone know when it's going on sale?[/QUOTE]

In my experience ThinkGeek does NOT like taking preorders on items. They most likely won't put it up for sale until they have received and inspected their allotment.

Not sure about the other retailers.

Surprised to see the Ultimate Songbird Edition is still available for the 360 on GameStop. I figured these would be OOS prior to release!

Also, anyone have an idea as to how much the statue may go for on eBay? I'm really wanting the game and the statue - nothing else. I'm not sure if I should just get the Ultimate Songbird Edition or buy the two separately...

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Surprised to see the Ultimate Songbird Edition is still available for the 360 on GameStop. I figured these would be OOS prior to release!

Also, anyone have an idea as to how much the statue may go for on eBay? I'm really wanting the game and the statue - nothing else. I'm not sure if I should just get the Ultimate Songbird Edition or buy the two separately...[/QUOTE]
I think you would be better off by getting the songbird, I have made similar calculations myself.

My Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird just shipped from Amazon. I have Prime and was originally scheduled for delivery on Thursday but I just got an e-mail from UPS saying to expect it tomorrow!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Surprised to see the Ultimate Songbird Edition is still available for the 360 on GameStop. I figured these would be OOS prior to release!

Also, anyone have an idea as to how much the statue may go for on eBay? I'm really wanting the game and the statue - nothing else. I'm not sure if I should just get the Ultimate Songbird Edition or buy the two separately...[/QUOTE]

Buy the Songbird edition then sell the stuff you don't want on ebay.

The Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition I ordered from Newegg is in packaging and I expect will ship out today or tomorrow. The guide from Amazon has been saying "shipping soon" for a while now. I had reservations about whether I should cancel it or not, but I guess it's too late now. :p Plus it's been getting really high marks.

I almost wish I had kept my Injustice order and not cancelled it to get God of War. I love me some Kratos, but the game just felt very "meh" to me. Like it should have been a PSP or Vita game instead of PS3.

[quote name='GBAstar']Whhhuuuuuuuuut?

Also there are more PS3's globally then Xbox 360's.[/QUOTE]

There are more Xbox's in the USA than PS3's

There are more PS3's in the world than there are Xbox's

so if they're only talking about the USA then he's correct, if they're talking about the world then he's wrong.

Just like Ubisoft has done with the upcoming Splinter Cell, yesterday they announced they would release FOUR different Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag CE's for the UK. (Not exactly sure which (if any) of these will be available in the US.)

Nowhere online to preorder/import them just yet. But a heads for those who need to make room on their shelf for the pirate ship edition...
AC4BF_COLL_C_mockup_UK.jpg
:)

Check all 4 edition images at the link below.
[Original article source: PS3TROPHIES.ORG]

By all that is holy... I would love to have that Black Chest Edition. *siiiiigh* Welp! It's time to start selling blood and anything else I can think of. Well, that's assuming we get that beast in the US.

I might settle for the Buccaneer one though, they're both pretty boss looking.

Little edit hurr: Newegg shipped my Bioshock Infinite out today, so all those who had theirs preordered from there will soon have it in their hands. I don't have Prime, but looks my guide will be in today too.

Jumbo steel case? To house the entire game box as well? If so, hope that makes it over! Also hope that becomes a trend! I would love to have an outer steel case, but still house the game disc in its original box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back