Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I haven't been that lucky with Tree House and they've done some dumb stuff like mail me the wrong order, send lithographs in tubes with only one end capped, etc. But in the end they've always made it right.

Hard to gauge availability of the COD CE's.

MW3 didn't have a prestige edition and I'm going to guess that no one or very few found Black Ops 2 Prestige on clearance. The clearance sale(s) for the first black ops weren't reflective on them not being able to sell at $149.99 it was just more or less Target being target (i.e. clearance something for no rhyme or reason) and best buy finding a pallet 6-8 months later and just trying to get rid of them.

What I don't like about the COD franchise is that certain editions like COD MW3 Prestige and Black Ops 2 Hardened will become hard to find prerelease and after the first few weeks of release but then someone a month later retailers will get them back in stock. I'm not sure if this is indicative of a reprint or people returning copies or what

What I don't like about the COD franchise is that certain editions like COD MW3 Prestige and Black Ops 2 Hardened will become hard to find prerelease and after the first few weeks of release but then someone a month later retailers will get them back in stock. I'm not sure if this is indicative of a reprint or people returning copies or what
Probably misgauging stock. Like Amazon will only sell what they KNOW they will have.

There has been a trend where COD CEs have been a bit harder to find post release. MW3 hardened edition (since there was no prestige) was hard to find after release. Same goes for Blops 2 hardened and prestige. Only Blops 1 had the RC cars still around and like you guys said was probably just an extra pallet found down the line or misgauged stock.

Maybe companies are finally getting smart and only producing close to the amount of preorders. Stock sitting on shelves is just money being wasted.

There has been a trend where COD CEs have been a bit harder to find post release. MW3 hardened edition (since there was no prestige) was hard to find after release. Same goes for Blops 2 hardened and prestige. Only Blops 1 had the RC cars still around and like you guys said was probably just an extra pallet found down the line or misgauged stock.

Maybe companies are finally getting smart and only producing close to the amount of preorders. Stock sitting on shelves is just money being wasted.
black ops 2 hardened is going for $88 on amazon.. it retailed for $79? not sure

So should I abandon all hope of getting the Final Fantasy XIV CE for PS3 at a reasonable price?
no, there is a good chance after release date amazon will have it back in stock. It always happens, just keep checking amazon.com/ the quanity might be limited, so you have to be diligent, and check daily.

no, there is a good chance after release date amazon will have it back in stock. It always happens, just keep checking amazon.com/ the quanity might be limited, so you have to be diligent, and check daily.
I see, that's comforting, thanks. Although, as fast as that thing went, I get the feeling that I won't be diligent enough to beat the superfans. Plus that thing is doing backflips on ebay.

EDIT: I had an order at Newegg but after looking it over I decided to cancel. They were slaying me with $10 shipping and $5+ taxes. The $79.99 set ended up being very close to $100 so I just passed. Besides, going by my recent endeavors with Newegg, I wouldn't have gotten the set any way.

I see, that's comforting, thanks. Although, as fast as that thing went, I get the feeling that I won't be diligent enough to beat the superfans. Plus that thing is doing backflips on ebay.

EDIT: I had an order at Newegg but after looking it over I decided to cancel. They were slaying me with $10 shipping and $5+ taxes. The $79.99 set ended up being very close to $100 so I just passed. Besides, going by my recent endeavors with Newegg, I wouldn't have gotten the set any way.
never say never, i scored some sold out collectors edition after release date. also try check amazon warehouse, sometimes they get slightly "damage" collectors edition, and sells it for slight discount. Basically, outer /exterior damages to the box, but the inside content remains fine.

hmm is it worth getting the PS3 FFXIV CE? or should I just wait for the PS4 version?

I just want the artbooks and stuff though <3 (gonna play it on the PC)
I'm sure that if you buy the PS3 version you can play/download the PC version for free since they're cross platform.

GTA V Update:

- The PS3 Special Edition of GTA V is selling out already online at Amazon and Best Buy. (For now, anyway.)

- Gamestop still has their exclusive version available.

- All Xbox 360 editions still available.

21 days to go... :whee:
And just as I was about to put in a preorder for the Special Edition on ps3. Oh well, I will just have to wait for a price drop on the regular version I guess.

Wiki is not available on CAG 3.0.
Lol. Really?! Wow... thought this was supposed to be an upgrade... So much for relying on OPs then. No offense to anyone, but out of the threads I follow, JP is the only one who consistently/reliably updates his OPs (the GS TIV/Promos one).

Edit: the XBL deals thread is reliably updated, too. Forgot that one (don't have a PS3 so can't comment on those threads since I don't follow them...)

The GTAV collectors must not be selling, I'll wait for a price drop.

Because its a ripoff?? I mean seriously theyre asking $150 for essentially a neopreone bag emblazoned with GTAV logo (*who walks around with a billboard bag?), and a ghetto looking cap. No thanks ill pass.

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99. GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99. GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.
^ U.S. Gamestop?

And will the packaged version by on disc or voucher? I'm assuming disc...

So the limited edition with the figurine is only $5 more than the standard edition of Wind Waker HD?

I went to nintendo.co.uk to pre-order and didn't see an option.

Also, if the release date is out, how come no US retailers are taking pre-orders yet for the statue version? October is not far away...

Preordered online. These are going to be limited for sure. I think it will be similar to the Skyward Sword edition with the gold wiimote where if you don't get a preorder in then you probably won't end up finding one down the road.

Preordered online. These are going to be limited for sure. I think it will be similar to the Skyward Sword edition with the gold wiimote where if you don't get a preorder in then you probably won't end up finding one down the road.

I didn't put a preorder in for SS and I got more then enough. There were several at BB, Walmart and GS even through black friday not to mention the restock on Amazon.

That being said I would expect it to sell well

Just to compare, the SKU at the bottom of mine says 240162, that the same as anyone elses?
It might not be in the system yet, because the standard was $59.99 before they added this to the site. Since they don't let you change pre-orders over the phone anymore(at least mine doesn't) you will probably have to go up there to change it if yours is the standard edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back