Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
risen 2 - 63 bucks and change. rpg about pirates= day 1 purchase for me.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/risen-2-dark-waters-collector-s-edition/10590743.html

• Making of DVD – interviews with the developers from Piranha Bytes who delve deeper into the production of Risen 2
  • Soundtrack CD – The gripping tunes of the Risen 2 soundtrack will immediately absorb the listener into this fantastic pirate world
  • Double-sided poster – a large sized map of the game world on one side and an epic artwork featuring the hero and his crew on board their impressive ship
  • Pirate Flag – with the skull motif from Risen 2
  • Amulet – a pendant that every pirate and Risen 2 fan will be proud of
  • The Art of Risen 2: Dark Waters – an exclusive collection of art cards on high quality-paper

Strange, both Zavvi and hmv have the Join or Die Editions up for pre-order (along with standard), but neither one have the Freedom Edition listed yet. FWIW, hmv has the Join or Die set at 67.99 while Zavvi has it at 56.85 (both prices in GBP obviously).

zavvi sold out of the freedom ed. in 1 day.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Strange, both Zavvi and hmv have the Join or Die Editions up for pre-order (along with standard), but neither one have the Freedom Edition listed yet. FWIW, hmv has the Join or Die set at 67.99 while Zavvi has it at 56.85 (both prices in GBP obviously).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']zavvi sold out of the freedom ed. in 1 day.[/QUOTE]

With how Zaavi messed up the MGS LE orders i would have had little faith in this anyways.

[quote name='Donut2922']With how Zaavi messed up the MGS LE orders i would have had little faith in this anyways.[/QUOTE]

idunno. i haven;t had any problems with them *knocks on wood.* i preordered the risen 2 ce -since no ce will be available here- from them so guess i'll wait and see what happens.

Added the Assassins creed III ce's mentioned earlier to the main post. It appears as of now the Freedom edition is Gamestop exclusive and the Join or die edition is just the regular US CE available everywhere. UK is getting a separate regular CE

The EU one is basically just a collectible case and 1 DLC, so the US wins on this CE

[quote name='dmdragon']Added the Assassins creed III ce's mentioned earlier to the main post. It appears as of now the Freedom edition is Gamestop exclusive and the Join or die edition is just the regular US CE available everywhere. UK is getting a separate regular CE

The EU one is basically just a collectible case and 1 DLC, so the US wins on this CE[/QUOTE]Thanks, I didn't know we were actually getting these CEs here, and it helps to know the Freedom Edition is GS-exclusive even though I'm probably just going to get the JoD Edition (I, like many others, already have the steelbook :razz:).

[quote name='dmdragon']Added the Assassins creed III ce's mentioned earlier to the main post. It appears as of now the Freedom edition is Gamestop exclusive and the Join or die edition is just the regular US CE available everywhere. UK is getting a separate regular CE

The EU one is basically just a collectible case and 1 DLC, so the US wins on this CE[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this information? The only reference I see to Gamestop in relation to this CE is in the UK where Gamestop also operates. I don't believe any announcements have been made about collector's editions here yet.

My guess is the Freedom Edition will be a GS exclusive and Join or Die will only be available in the UK if previous releases tell us anything. Also lately Ubisoft and GS have been doing a lot of exclusive deals.

After looking at the picture again both pictures have ratings on it from EU region so who knows what the U.S. will get. I'm still guessing that like Revelations any special/limited/signature/collector's edition will be exclusive to Gamestop.

[quote name='bojay1997']Where did you get this information? The only reference I see to Gamestop in relation to this CE is in the UK where Gamestop also operates. I don't believe any announcements have been made about collector's editions here yet.[/QUOTE]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-23-assassins-creed-3-special-edition-is-game-exclusive

UPDATE: The Freedom Edition of Assassin's Creed 3 is a Gamestop exclusive, Ubisoft has confirmed to Eurogamer. It features two different exclusive missions: the Templar-fighting Ghost of War level and Lost Mayan Ruins adventure, which award The Pontiac's War Club weapon and Captain Kidd's cutlass, among other bonuses.

:)

The Prototype 2 Blackwatch artbook was disappointing. Really tiny and just a few pages of art with very light commentary scattered through. The soundtrack CD is ok. I like 7, 9 and 16. The large box they put it all in seems unnecessary.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, that's Gamestop in the UK. They have different CEs than the US all the time. Please stop spreading incorrect information.[/QUOTE]

Ok, fine, I'll remove the entire thing from the wiki. Feel free to post it back YOURSELF when/if it's updated as U.S

My apologies for trying to help out. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Oh, don't be such a drama queen. It was a rather confusing post.

The Prototype 2 Blackwatch artbook was disappointing. Really tiny and just a few pages of art with very light commentary scattered through.
Yeah I can't stand those small hardcover artbooks, yet they seem to be the standard for CEs. I'd rather have a softcover artbook that's maybe a touch larger a la the Xenoblade artbook.

[quote name='dmdragon']Ok, fine, I'll remove the entire thing from the wiki. Feel free to post it back YOURSELF when/if it's updated as U.S

My apologies for trying to help out. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.[/QUOTE]

We just don't need misinformation spread that confuses people. It's not like it was an attack on you or anything. lol

Diablo 3 has the best collector's edition. I mean for $100, you get
- Game ($60)
- Collector's Edition Soundtrack ($15)
- Art Book ($25)
- Behind the scene Blu-Ray and DVD ($15)
- Diablo Skull USB (online it will probably go for $20-30)
- Free Copies of Diablo 2 and its Expension ($20)
- Exclusive Codes (might go for $20-30)

This package is worth at least $150. I am glad that I pre-ordred.

I think this is the right thread in which to post this:

Record of Agarest War 2 LE

Price: $59.99 (Vanilla - $49.99)
Release Date: 6/27/12 (this is the date listed by Amazon, though I've heard it might release in May)
Contents: Blow-up Character Doll, Heart-Shaped Compressed Towel, and Artbook

This has been listed on Amazon for a while now, but we now have an image of the LE contents.

[quote name='bojay1997']Already up for preorder on Amazon at $80.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitman-Absolution-Professional-Edition-Xbox-360/dp/B007T86T4C

http://www.amazon.com/Hitman-Absolution-Professional-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B007T86T7O[/QUOTE]

Oh man, its such a shame that is digital content and not a replica gun. I would have easily paid 300+ had they made a limited edition like that. This is exactly what I am talking about with special editions. They need to start making a premier level of limited editions that have this kind of content. I am so tired of art books and soundtracks and cheap polystone figures. Give me something truly unique and collectible and I have no problem paying a lot of money for it. The special edition market has so much potential and the companies are just pi*sing it away. All they care about is grabbing 20-30 extra bucks from customers. Such a shame.

I agree. I still regret not picking up Bayonetta's Scarborough Fair replica gun.

Scarborough_Fair_Collectors_Gun_Bayonetta.jpg

Maybe when I get a better source of income I'll track one down... maybe.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I agree. I still regret not picking up Bayonetta's Scarborough Fair replica gun.

Maybe when I get a better source of income I'll track one down... maybe.[/QUOTE]

I love mine so much. Glad I didn't hesitate when it was up for pre-order and I had my UK friend snag one for me :D

I feel kind lame asking this but I have a Witcher 2:CE for 360 in front of me. I rarely buy at MSRP but it seems like this may be quite rare eventually. Has anyone confirmed long term availability.

The EU one is basically just a collectible case and 1 DLC, so the US wins on this CE[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bojay1997']Where did you get this information? The only reference I see to Gamestop in relation to this CE is in the UK where Gamestop also operates. I don't believe any announcements have been made about collector's editions here yet.[/QUOTE]

I concur bojay. I have been away from the forums for a while. Has any CE been confirmed for the US?

[quote name='kitsunisan']Just curious, what was the price on that gun when it came out?[/QUOTE]

It was included with pre-orders in the UK and called the Climax Edition there. Curious though is in Australia, they had a climax edition that came with all that plus more.

bayonetta-climax-360.jpg

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']It was included with pre-orders in the UK and called the Climax Edition there. Curious though is in Australia, they had a climax edition that came with all that plus more.

bayonetta-climax-360.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn it, came out before I really started watching for UK collectors editions, I'd have been all over that.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I agree. I still regret not picking up Bayonetta's Scarborough Fair replica gun.

Maybe when I get a better source of income I'll track one down... maybe.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is exactly the kind of collectible I am talking about. The people in charge of the special editions are utter morons in my book. The high end collectibles market has been exploding in recent years. The fact that this explosion of growth has continued on, even during one of the worst economic periods in US history, should tell those people something. But no, they are content releasing soundtracks, crappy art books and cheap polystone figures. It just blows my mind.

Don't get me wrong, there is obviously a market for the art book and soundtrack style special edition. If there wasn't they wouldn't be releasing so many of them. I am not suggesting that they stop making those special editions. They simply need to add another tier to the special edition market. They have done it a few times with some of the major releases but even those werent as nice as they should have been. I am talking about a 300+ dollar price point and limiting them to 500-5000 copies. That way they can actually commission a company like Sideshow or Weta to do the work on the item. There are already companies making high end replica's for Mass Effect and Gears of War and those companies are making big money on those items. Why wouldn't the video game companies want a piece of that action? It just doesn't make any sense. For example, take the new Bioshock. I guarantee if they released a top tier special edition, limited it to 500-5000 copies, and brought in WETA Workshop to design a replica weapon from the game....well, it would not only sell out super fast but it would also appreciate significantly in value. But, for some reason it just doesn't happen. I cant even tell you how many emails I have written the major game companies on this subject over the years. Too many too count. Yet year after year we get the same old special edition crap.

Oh well, at least we have some outside companies, like Tri-force, that are willing to go down this path.

i take it u missed out on the kingdoms of amalur: reckoning special/limited editions...

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Yep, that is exactly the kind of collectible I am talking about. The people in charge of the special editions are utter morons in my book. The high end collectibles market has been exploding in recent years. The fact that this explosion of growth has continued on, even during one of the worst economic periods in US history, should tell those people something. But no, they are content releasing soundtracks, crappy art books and cheap polystone figures. It just blows my mind.

Don't get me wrong, there is obviously a market for the art book and soundtrack style special edition. If there wasn't they wouldn't be releasing so many of them. I am not suggesting that they stop making those special editions. They simply need to add another tier to the special edition market. They have done it a few times with some of the major releases but even those werent as nice as they should have been. I am talking about a 300+ dollar price point and limiting them to 500-5000 copies. That way they can actually commission a company like Sideshow or Weta to do the work on the item. They are already companies making high end replica's for Mass Effect and Gears of War and the companies are making big money on those items. Why wouldn't the video game companies want a piece of that action? It just doesn't make any sense.[/QUOTE]

I just mean when it comes to a lot of the special editions not getting a release here like they always do in Japan or Europe.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']We do tend to pay less for them though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a bit of a double edged sword unless you really like investing in CEs. I love some of the european CE's out there but they are often well over 130+ to get them shipped to the states.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i take it u missed out on the kingdoms of amalur: reckoning special/limited editions...[/QUOTE]

I didn't miss out, I simply had no interest. Its a great example in regards to what I am talking about with having different tiers for special editions but its also a perfect example in regards to my statement about there being companies that have done this but the end result wasn't as nice as it should have been or could have been.

IMO the top tier SE shouldn't have a soundtrack or an art book or any of the other cheapo items that the lower editions have. I am talking about a truly premium level special edition. One that has a numbered edition size and focuses all of the money on a single collectible. The price point should be at least $300 as that is the price point you need to get one of the top companies to make that collectible. Again, WETA, Sideshow, CS Moore, or TriForce are all perfect examples of such companies. With Kingdoms of Amalur, your basically getting a 75-100 dollar figurine from Mcfarlane Toys, along with a bunch of other crap. Don't get me wrong, this is most certainly a step in the right direction and its nice to see that the industry is slowly but surely working its way up there. That said, we still haven't seen a single company take that final step and release a special edition that is truly at the premium level. I have no doubt that we will eventually get there. Its just a shame that its taking a REALLY long time to get there.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I didn't miss out, I simply had no interest. Its a great example in regards to what I am talking about with having different tiers for special editions but its also a perfect example in regards to my statement about there being companies that have done this but the end result wasn't as nice as it should have been or could have been.

IMO the top tier SE shouldn't have a soundtrack or an art book or any of the other cheapo items that the lower editions have. I am talking about a truly premium level special edition. One that has a numbered edition size and focuses all of the money on a single collectible. The price point should be at least $300 as that is the price point you need to get one of the top companies to make that collectible. Again, WETA, Sideshow, CS Moore, or TriForce are all perfect examples of such companies. With Kingdoms of Amalur, your basically getting a 75-100 dollar figurine from Mcfarlane Toys, along with a bunch of other crap. Don't get me wrong, this is most certainly a step in the right direction and its nice to see that the industry is slowly but surely working its way up there. That said, we still haven't seen a single company take that final step and release a special edition that is truly at the premium level. I have no doubt that we will eventually get there. Its just a shame that its taking a REALLY long time to get there.[/QUOTE]
From my standpoint, I'd rather have everything in all of the lower tiers of a SE if I'm buying the most expensive one instead of what you're saying.

Has anyone heard anything new about the Dirt Showdown Hoonigan Edition and the alleged Walmart preorder? Codemasters sent out a press release last week saying Walmart would have the Hoonigan Edition exclusively (different cover and some DLC) but on the website at least it just shows the regular vanilla version with the wrong release date.

[quote name='Burning Karma']From my standpoint, I'd rather have everything in all of the lower tiers of a SE if I'm buying the most expensive one instead of what you're saying.[/QUOTE]

I would much rather the money go into the main collector piece. If I want the soundtrack and art book, Ill buy the lower end special edition. Trust me, the vast majority of people like myself, that are looking for a truly high end collector piece in a special edition, are FAR more concerned with the quality of that piece than they are getting a bonus soundtrack or cheap art book thrown in as well. All that does is add to the cost and ultimately take away resources from the main piece. Again, if those lower end collectibles were my focus, I would just buy the lower end special edition.

Don't get me wrong, I love art books but only if they are at a certain level quality wise and the art books that are included with special edition games are far below that level. If they were to create a higher quality art book for the higher tiered SE's...well, that would be a different story and I would be all for it but only if the cost of the book was added to the price instead of taking away resources from the main collector piece. In other words, if they want to add a high end art book and charge an additional 50-75 dollars instead of taking away money from the main piece then again, I would be all for it. I just don't want them taking away money from the main piece so they can throw in more stuff, especially if the stuff is nothing more than the lower end collectibles from the lower tiered SE's. That shouldn't be what a top tier SE is about. Make an amazing collectible and I guarantee people will be perfectly content getting just that item. Again, the new Bioshock is a perfect example. If they created a top tiered SE that had a gun replica that was on par with the Gears of War Cog pistol from Triforce, I guarantee people who purchased it would be 100% content with their purchase. They wouldn't be sitting there, staring at their new replica gun, feeling disappointed that a soundtrack or cheap art book wasn't also included.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I would much rather the money go into the main collector piece. If I want the soundtrack and art book, Ill buy the lower end special edition. Trust me, the vast majority of people like myself, that are looking for a truly high end collector piece in a special edition, are FAR more concerned with the quality of that piece than they are getting a bonus soundtrack or cheap art book thrown in as well. All that does is add to the cost and ultimately take away resources from the main piece. Again, if those lower end collectibles were my focus, I would just buy the lower end special edition.

Don't get me wrong, I love art books but only if they are at a certain level quality wise and the art books that are included with special edition games are far below that level. If they were to create a higher quality art book for the higher tiered SE's...well, that would be a different story and I would be all for it but only if the cost of the book was added to the price instead of taking away resources from the main collector piece. In other words, if they want to add a high end art book and charge an additional 50-75 dollars instead of taking away money from the main piece then again, I would be all for it. I just don't want them taking away money from the main piece so they can throw in more stuff, especially if the stuff is nothing more than the lower end collectibles from the lower tiered SE's. That shouldn't be what a top tier SE is about. Make an amazing collectible and I guarantee people will be perfectly content getting just that item. Again, the new Bioshock is a perfect example. If they created a top tiered SE that had a gun replica that was on par with the Gears of War Cog pistol from Triforce, I guarantee people who purchased it would be 100% content with their purchase. They wouldn't be sitting there, staring at their new replica gun, feeling disappointed that a soundtrack or cheap art book wasn't also included.[/QUOTE]

You bring up some very good points, but trying to assert (or at least, that's what I think you're doing) your opinion as universal for most people weakens your argument. I agree that CEs should have more quality behind them, as long as the price is within reasonable amounts (take the Resident Evil 6 premium edition for Japan that includes a replica of Leon's jacket for a whopping 105,000 yen/$1300; no way you won't have buyer's remorse after getting this). Even then, not all collectables, no matter their quality, would appeal to all people. The super premium for the US Disgaea 4, to cite an example, included a set of 9 trading figures, while the JP version received a single nendoroid figure (of higher quality). In this case, who's to say which version is superior? Inclusion of specific goods for the CEs are subjective in taste, and whether one desires quantity over quality (in which case, a true collector would buy both).

Not to mention if you collect a large number of series it's hard enough to keep up on CEs as it is. Saying that they should be super spendy and 'premium' is madness! On a side note, artbooks and soundtrack cds are my favorite thing to get in a CE. I would prefer a full sized, nicer artbook. I would also prefer a nice two disc soundtrack in its own jewel case, but that's about as premium as I want. Those stupid statues and what not take up too much space anyway. I have 700+ games to try and display, I don't need giant toys adding to the space. =P

Same. I prefer artbooks, since I did collect various artbooks, and still buy them sparingly. Soundtracks are nice because they're small and uniform sized, but I haven't listened to many soundtracks since Chronotrigger/Secret of Mana/Final Fantasy 4~8.

Occasionally, there comes along a very nice collectible, like the 999 watch, but those are rare.

I don't like statues, usually, because I collect bishoujo figures. I don't own any Bomes or Figmas, because I think they're poorly detailed (and the joints really bug me). Thus, I hated the fact we didn't get the Disgaea 4 Nendo. I still haven't bought Disgaea 4.

When I first saw the picture, I thought that his briefcase with his logo was the casing for the CE.. Glad I saw that that wasn't the case (heh) before I placed an order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back