Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='toocool17']Call of Duty: Black Ops II Care Package is back in stock on Amazon for Ps3 & Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]
I cancelled mine, after knowing the drone is made out of foam. Might be the one that I canceled?:lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']Cancelling my care package, the drone isn't even made out of plastic, those cheap bastards.[/QUOTE]

After watching a few YouTube unboxing videos I'm returning mine as well. I couldn't believe it when reviewers mentioned "foam-like" material. I just can't justify an additional $115 for a big-ass tool box and cheap drone.

I'm having a hard time finding a copy of the Hardened Edition for the Ps3 online, can anyone point me to the right place?

[quote name='sephiroth61787']That Tomb Raider CE looks awesome. Now to get it Day 1 or wait for a drop is the question...[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm getting it day one. This looks too cool to pass up and one I don't want to risk being sold out.

Looks like it's finally up on the Gamestop website. Now to get to the store and upgrade my pre-order. :p

wish it came with the artbook that the amz exclusive vanilla version gets

ref=amb_link_365656142_2

Get the Amazon Exclusive "Final Hours Edition"
Pre-order Tomb Raider and receive the Amazon exclusive Final Hours Edition, which comes with an exclusive Art Book, In-Game Skin for Lara and a digital copy of Geoff Keighley's, "The Final Hours of Tomb Raider" for the Kindle Fire. The art book will come in the product packaging. Codes to access the digital bonus offers will be e-mailed to you within two business days of your order shipment. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Offer valid on all existing pre-orders. Offer limited to one per customer. Please read the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live terms of use.

[quote name='wirtsleg']tomb raider CE up for preorder

ps3
http://www.amazon.com/Raider-Surviv...4&keywords=tomb+raider+collectors+edition+ps3

xbox
http://www.amazon.com/Tomb-Raider-S...&keywords=tomb+raider+collectors+edition+xbox

so many tempting CEs! i've preorderd songbird, rising, starcraft hots, tomb raider CEs but probably won't keep rising (depends on lamp). ^__^ -__-[/QUOTE]

I really think a nice steelbook plus a nice hardcover art-book is the best kind of CE I do like the unique items like infamous 2 sling pack and diablo 3 soulstone usb drive and Containers like SF 25 anniversary/Tekken tag 2 prestige edition and uncharted 3/bordarlands 2 chest but not a fan of action figures so im defiantly out for Tomb raider CE I am looking for to the game once it droops in price a bit

[quote name='eres']I really think a nice steelbook plus a nice hardcover art-book is the best kind of CE I do like the unique items like infamous 2 sling pack and diablo 3 soulstone usb drive and Containers like SF 25 anniversary/Tekken tag 2 prestige edition and uncharted 3/bordarlands 2 chest but not a fan of action figures so im defiantly out for Tomb raider CE I am looking for to the game once it droops in price a bit[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm a big fan of low-profile CEs. Give me a Steelbook, a soundtrack CD, and artbook and I'm happy. All of these large footprint CEs become hard to collect.

That said I do enjoy getting a highly-detailed well-made statue every once in a while. This Lara figure appears to be pretty highly detailed, but I wish it was a statue rather than an articulable figure. All of those articulation points really make it look cheap and not like a display item, IMO.

You know what I miss? Exclusive T-shirts that are free with the CEs that says it's CE on it!!! I can show off by wearing it! They don't do that as much no more!!! :(

And Medallions... absolutely love those. COD:BO2 did it right by including collectible coins, but not a physical copy of the Soundtrack sucked! It should been a CD!

I find it funny that of all the collectors editions that people think will become rare/hard to find one of them is an unsuspecting Adventure Time game and not some AAA title or niche title like Catherine.

Adventure Time CE is already sold out on Amazon for both systems and only the DS version is available online at GS.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I find it funny that of all the collectors editions that people think will become rare/hard to find one of them is an unsuspecting Adventure Time game and not some AAA title or niche title like Catherine.

Adventure Time CE is already sold out on Amazon for both systems and only the DS version is available online at GS.[/QUOTE]
Ya I'm fully expecting it to become a collectible but have no intention of getting rid of my copy one of the most brilliant and imaginative shows I've seen I am truly going to cherish this item you know as much that one can a game.

Wonder if THQ store will do their 50% off with free shipping like last year. I snagged the Warhammer CE for half price. Hope they do so I can snag the WWE CE's :D

I didn't see this anywhere so I figured I'd share.

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 "Treasure Box" Edition:
tbox.jpg

It includes:

• A copy of the game
  • 4GB Kenshiro USB memory stick
  • Visual Story Book
  • Original Soundtrack CD
  • 2013 Postcard Calendar
  • Character Sticker Set

[quote name='PimpLimp']I didn't see this anywhere so I figured I'd share.

tbox.jpg

It includes:

• A copy of the game
  • Visual Story Book
  • Original Soundtrack CD
  • 2013 Postcard Calendar
  • Character Sticker Set
[/QUOTE]I'm just going to go ahead and say that we have a 0% chance--nada, zippo--of getting this overseas because it's way too cool.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']The only CE surprise was Mists of Pandaria?

Might be more though[/QUOTE]

amazon shows kingdom hearts 3ds collector's edition for cyber monday.. could just be a mistake though

[quote name='jrr6415sun']amazon shows kingdom hearts 3ds collector's edition for cyber monday.. could just be a mistake though[/QUOTE]

I saw that too - on this page - but then nothing is in stock from Amazon proper - just third party dudes.

I thought it was OOP, no?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Wonder if THQ store will do their 50% off with free shipping like last year. I snagged the Warhammer CE for half price. Hope they do so I can snag the WWE CE's :D[/QUOTE]

I was going to get the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War II Retribution CE for $19.99 yesterday, but that $11 shipping killed it. Unless there was another option for shipping I didn't see, that was the cheapest. :\

[quote name='dejeckt']So apparently Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition is all sold out in NA? Is this the only valid place to order it from http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...tm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin ? Really wish there was a way to order the Wizard's Edition with the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Zavvi might be the last legit place to get one from - at least for now. I was going to say get it from Amazon UK (that is where I ordered mine from) - but sadly, they are all sold out now too...

[quote name='dejeckt']So apparently Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition is all sold out in NA? Is this the only valid place to order it from http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...tm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin ? Really wish there was a way to order the Wizard's Edition with the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Like the guy above, I preordered mine at Amazon UK. They ended up going down in price and its just around $100 even for me including shopping now which is cheaper than Namco's US store which is 120 with shipping. I recently (yeaterday) got Tales of Graces F special edition from Zavvi. Their mailer sucked but I'm happy with it.

I wonder if this Wizards Edition will be worth much after release?

[quote name='outerfox']I was going to get the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War II Retribution CE for $19.99 yesterday, but that $11 shipping killed it. Unless there was another option for shipping I didn't see, that was the cheapest. :\[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Yeah that CE is pretty heavy. $31 still saves you $18 ish over what I paid for it last year. Guess that really wasn't much of a savings.

I saw they had a 50% off of the People's Edition of WWE 12 but at $30 I think that was still too high. I might have to buy that Stone Cold Edition of WWE 13 though since it shows they don't have much stock left.

[quote name='Blaster man']I recently (yeaterday) got Tales of Graces F special edition from Zavvi. Their mailer sucked but I'm happy with it.
[/QUOTE]

Uh-oh. The mailer sucked? Was the game packaging smashed -- Or is it just 'risky' the way they shipped it? I'm expecting my Tales of Graces SE from Zavvi any day now and I've heard nothing but horror stories regarding their shipping methods...

[quote name='PimpLimp']I didn't see this anywhere so I figured I'd share.

tbox.jpg

It includes:

• A copy of the game
  • Visual Story Book
  • Original Soundtrack CD
  • 2013 Postcard Calendar
  • Character Sticker Set
[/QUOTE]

13440円 equates to around $163 though. Not worth it for the extras imo.

[quote name='blinknot4']Uh-oh. The mailer sucked? Was the game packaging smashed -- Or is it just 'risky' the way they shipped it? I'm expecting my Tales of Graces SE from Zavvi any day now and I've heard nothing but horror stories regarding their shipping methods...[/QUOTE]

It wasn't that bad. There is a tales of graces f cardboard box (with artwork) that holds the game and book. That box was flattened but the contents inside were perfect. I'm happy with it considering I paid the price for just the game in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blaster man']Did anyone pre-order Ni No Kuni from Amazon UK? The price match guarantee lowered my base price to 58.33 pounds. With shipping (according to a currency converter) it's now almost exactly $100. So it's almost the same exact price. :)[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. I just checked Amazon UK and despite being sold out they went and lowered the price even further!
Item(s) Subtotal: £45.79
Postage & Packing: £4.95
-----
Total Before VAT: £50.74
VAT: £0.00
-----
Total: £50.74
-----
Grand Total: £50.74

50.74 pounds = $81.66:bouncy:

My Amazon UK import is now $39 less than buying the US version + shipping charges by Digital River and it's only $21 more than the release price of the vanilla game.

[quote name='Blaster man']Holy crap. I just checked Amazon UK and despite being sold out they went and lowered the price even further!
Item(s) Subtotal: £45.79
Postage & Packing: £4.95
-----
Total Before VAT: £50.74
VAT: £0.00
-----
Total: £50.74
-----
Grand Total: £50.74

50.74 pounds = $81.66:bouncy:

My Amazon UK import is now $39 less than buying the US version + shipping charges by Digital River and it's only $21 more than the release price of the vanilla game.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm jealous. That book is awesome. I had to pass originally because $120 was just too much.

[quote name='Blaster man']It wasn't that bad. There is a tales of graces f cardboard box (with artwork) that holds the game and book. That box was flattened but the contents inside were perfect. I'm happy with it considering I paid the price for just the game in the US.[/QUOTE]

I preordered metal gear rising limited edition from zavvi.. now I'm worried

[quote name='kayne2000']so what all is in that two dvds? a book a poster?

like what are those two dvds? those extra books and whatnot?[/QUOTE]This is from Siliconera:
[quote name='Lollipop Chainsaw Valentine Edition']Lollipop Chainsaw Valentine Edition has a "perfect unlock code," a Valentine Edition double DVD pack, and a limited edition sleeve. The Happy Valentine Disc has PC items like a desktop clock, wallpapers and a library of trailers. The Premium Movie Disc includes in-game movies and a Valentine’s Day comic.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blinknot4']What is this? - I've never even heard of it...[/QUOTE]

I vaguely remember this from E3. I think it's based on a movie or tv series or something? I think it has MMO type elements mixed in with it, but it's a shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back