Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a LOT of bad trends.  I think the most annoying one though is publishers circumventing selling a $100 price tag game through: shipping an unfinished $60 box early, selling the season pass for $40, and then screwing over their main supporters, cannibalizing their own IP value, and devaluing their brands by making the base game $9.99 in 6-12 months after launch. 

It pisses me off when I buy CIv VI or Destiny 2 and then the base game is included in a Humble Monthly or it gets so cheap that it's basically free.  It makes you feel like "why do I even buy these games, or support these publishers?".  Everyone who doesn't support them just gets the game for free later.  Then you have to buy the new content again for another $40-60. 

It's a crappy feeling.

Apex Legends deterred me from taking the Anthem plunge personally
yeah, because its a shooter with strong core elements. It has crisp gameplay and satisfying shooting.

Not the busy screen vomit mess that is Anthem.

Sekiro die twice has a steelbook on Amazon

https://twitter.com/amazongames/status/1097930067311816704?s=19

Looks like the steelbook costs $8.56 and the game costs $51.43, but I can't cancel just the game or the steelbook. Not that I intended to, but just FYI

Looks like the steelbook costs $8.56 and the game costs $51.43, but I can't cancel just the game or the steelbook. Not that I intended to, but just FYI
Yes and you have to select the version with the steelbook, ordering the game alone does not auto add the steelbook

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. I'm curious how that works out. I've ordered from amazon.de recently and so far have been lucky but would like to know what happens if I'm in a similar situation.

I finally finished my case with the rep. I was offered €11 refund or the option to be sent a new one. Considering they no longer have inventory and it's unlikely they'll ever have inventory again, I opted for the refund.

I finally finished my case with the rep. I was offered €11 refund or the option to be sent a new one. Considering they no longer have inventory and it's unlikely they'll ever have inventory again, I opted for the refund.
Wow that took them awhile. I'm growing concerned with a recent order. I ordered a few resident evil 2 steelbooks that arrived just fine but an order prior to that one has gone missing. Both sold by amazon EU s.a.r.l. and shipped by asendia without tracking. So I'll probably be waiting around for a refund as well

I came across a lone State of Decay 2 SB at Best Buy today and they wanted $20 for it.  Anyone see it be lower than that before?

I went to Best Buy today and picked up a Crackdown 3 steelbook based upon the posts in here, and the de-listing on the website.  They had two copies left.   If anyone wants or needs a copy still I can probably go back and get it to you for $15 shipped (to the US).

BB had the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Seasons of Warfare Edition available for preorder last night. When I added it to my cart, it said it wasn't available at any store within 250 miles (duh, its a preorder) and wasn't available for shipping to my area code. Huh? Guess it was a glitch.

Going to keep refreshing the page every so often and hope to get lucky.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Seasons of Warfare Edition available at Target.com: https://www.target.com/p/fire-emblem-three-houses-seasons-of-warfare-edition-nintendo-switch/-/A-54498962

Apparently RedCard discount was not applying earlier, but it seems to now.
The last 3 games I've pre-ordered at Target (2 CE and even a standard edition) I've gotten delayed emails on at launch saying it would be weeks before I got the item, and in the CE situation it was unlikely they would even ship. Personally I'm never preordering a game from them again.

The last 3 games I've pre-ordered at Target (2 CE and even a standard edition) I've gotten delayed emails on at launch saying it would be weeks before I got the item, and in the CE situation it was unlikely they would even ship. Personally I'm never preordering a game from them again.

I have gotten this many times from them and got the item every time. Best buy delays stuff for me all the time to but it shows up anyway on release day lol

Seems like it's been up a long time compared to all the other retailers.
I doubt it's the reason, but this is the first item where a RedCard discount and free shipping was not applied for me. There was no chance I was keeping any order for this without GCU anyway, especially when the odds are slim the box would ever make it to me without damage.

I doubt it's the reason, but this is the first item where a RedCard discount and free shipping was not applied for me. There was no chance I was keeping any order for this without GCU anyway, especially when the odds are slim the box would ever make it to me without damage.
Walmart and target I have had real good luck getting everything but normal video games in boxes. But best buy Amazon have gone down hill just jam everything into giant bubble mailers lol

I doubt it's the reason, but this is the first item where a RedCard discount and free shipping was not applied for me.
I got free shipping to work today (did not work yesterday). I should really get a redcard, but I froze my credit and I don't feel like figuring out how to unfreeze it.

I got free shipping to work today (did not work yesterday). I should really get a redcard, but I froze my credit and I don't feel like figuring out how to unfreeze it.
Credit freezes fall off after 90 or 180 days.... so unless you've done it recently you should be able to apply.

Credit freezes fall off after 90 or 180 days.... so unless you've done it recently you should be able to apply.
Actually, this is incorrect. The whole idea of a credit freeze is that nobody can apply for credit using your identity (including you) unless you notify the three credit bureaus.

Actually, this is incorrect. The whole idea of a credit freeze is that nobody can apply for credit using your identity (including you) unless you notify the three credit bureaus.
That is also not totally accurate, and I work for one of the three credit bureaus ;-)

Idk man. I froze them in September 2017. I applied for a credit card 15 months later (I forgot), and I was asked to remove the freeze because they couldn't pull my credit.

SO the front page has reported the Fire Emblems CE coming back in stock at BBY at least 3 times now, just for ti to appear to instantly sell out again.  Has anyone been able to grab one from these restocks??

if you're a Vita collector you might want to get in on this

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/1098414546299936768

Left Alive is pretty close to release and second guessing the Mech Edition.  It's not super pricey compared to other SE games, but it's still a lot to gamble on a new IP.

Holy crap...

Just looked at the Left Alive gameplay...that game looks like complete ass. Literally looks like a "remaster" of a ps2 game.

Yea, don't get the CE of that.

I'm all in on the left alive mech edition and I know I'm in the minority because its limited to 3000 and hasn't sold out. I'll admit it's not a smart gamble and everyone's concerns are understandable. I've seen the graphics and gameplay and it does look a bit dated but it still appeals to me, then again I thought darksiders 3 was awesome but it received poor reviews.

I'm all in on the left alive mech edition and I know I'm in the minority because its limited to 3000 and hasn't sold out. I'll admit it's not a smart gamble and everyone's concerns are understandable. I've seen the graphics and gameplay and it does look a bit dated but it still appeals to me, then again I thought darksiders 3 was awesome but it received poor reviews.
I'm enjoyed Crackdown 3 a lot despite reviews, but Left Alive is looking pretty janky. It does not seem like something I even want to play the more I look at it. It's already shipped, so I can't cancel it now. Maybe I'll let it return to sender for the refund.

I bought a Metro Aurora Edition and found the weird tin holding everything pretty cool. Should I play the others first? Have Last Light in backlog but didn't know if backstory mattered.

Also it appears MK11 premium is getting a genuine steelbook. Saw it on a GS banner but couldn't tell if it's a GS exclusive. Anyone know if an SB is now with all premiums and not a store exclusive?

So I see a listing for Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Collector's Edition on Amazon. I tought it was gamestop only??

I dont think I can post links.

It doesn't look like a scalper listing, it allows you to click over to CE from the standard. I think Amazon may be getting themselves some of these CEs. Somehow. If they are, cancelling my Gamestop order ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back