Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just need to vent because I signed up for the waiting list and never received an email. Like I really wanted this Code Vein CE but Bandai Namco are such an a-hole when it comes to this. It's just frustrating.

If you are considering DMC5 CE, AWD running promo 20% select item including this one, some dinger units are starting at $71.27 (xb1) and $72.59 (ps4) before discount kicks in.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Got my Mario Maker 2 bundle from game.co.uk
20190713-202323.jpg

Mine arrived today also.

My 7yo was less than thrilled when I gave him only the pencil and note pad, not the game. He’s gotta learn to do his chores before getting another new game.

Figured this might be the best place to ask but when it comes to gold editions of games and expired Ubisoft codes, is there any recourse to getting a replacement? I can't believe I forgot to open Wildlands years back and redeem the gold/deluxe code and it expired 3 months ago. Ubisoft CS hasn't been helpful so far, just a "we can't because we don't have access" response. Really hoping it can be escalated because those aren't cheap codes to just have expire. IDK why they even put expiration dates TBH other than to fuck people out of their money. : \

I just had this same problem with Tearaway Unfolded. I opened it last week finally and beat it, but the dlc day 1 code was expired.

Figured this might be the best place to ask but when it comes to gold editions of games and expired Ubisoft codes, is there any recourse to getting a replacement? I can't believe I forgot to open Wildlands years back and redeem the gold/deluxe code and it expired 3 months ago. Ubisoft CS hasn't been helpful so far, just a "we can't because we don't have access" response. Really hoping it can be escalated because those aren't cheap codes to just have expire. IDK why they even put expiration dates TBH other than to fuck people out of their money. : \

Hit and miss with CS really. Try it again with another ticket or ask in Ubi forum. Not sure how you phrased the question originally, but do rephrase the request to "reissue the season pass code".

Holy shit, I got a Link's Awakening LE from Amazon.it at like 3AM last night!! I woke up this morning thinking it was a dream until I checked my email just now and I actually got one! 

LOL Kind of ominous that I got a preorder for Link's Awakening... in what I thought was a dream.:lol: I'm just so happy. Still gonna try to get a UK version since I've had the best luck and best prices with them, but not gonna be sad if I don't. 

Holy shit, I got a Link's Awakening LE from Amazon.it at like 3AM last night!! I woke up this morning thinking it was a dream until I checked my email just now and I actually got one!

LOL Kind of ominous that I got a preorder for Link's Awakening... in what I thought was a dream.:lol: I'm just so happy. Still gonna try to get a UK version since I've had the best luck and best prices with them, but not gonna be sad if I don't.
I was just able to snag one from Amazon IT 5 minutes ago. First it wouldn't let me order it citing shipping restrictions. But then it worked after I tried it again. Although the arrival time say Jan 2020 which doesn't seem right

I was just able to snag one from Amazon IT 5 minutes ago. First it wouldn't let me order it citing shipping restrictions. But then it worked after I tried it again. Although the arrival time say Jan 2020 which doesn't seem right
When they want a phone number, what do you put?

They didn't ask for my number. All my info was saved on Amazon It from previous orders I made so I just hit the confirm button each stop, first try gave me an shipping error, but second try got thru.

Do you have a US Amazon account? You should be able to log in using that, I think the only thing you need to do is to add your payment info. I suggest you find some far off pre-order game and pre-order that so you can get a 'valid' order in now with Amazon whatever country Amazon site and your credit card company ok's it. That way, you'll get some hiccups cleared up now. And then just cancel the fake pre-order whenever.

Any idea when the Switch Lite's might go up on either Amazon or Bestbuy? Would like to get the Pokemon edition for my son! =) 

The LRG Fata Morgana CE was supposed to ship sometime in July. When I emailed the support desk last week about any update, I was told it was still supposed to ship in July. I checked the "shipping room" page today and saw that it was now expected to ship in early August. Bummer.

Hit and miss with CS really. Try it again with another ticket or ask in Ubi forum. Not sure how you phrased the question originally, but do rephrase the request to "reissue the season pass code".

Yeah, I disputed the original response and I'm (hopefully) making some headway now after having to provide a bunch of details and pictures so they know what to issue. According to them, the code is still active via a test account they tried but I doubt they tried to submit because that's when it kicks the expired error. Should get a replacement at some point so I'm hopeful.

The LRG Fata Morgana CE was supposed to ship sometime in July. When I emailed the support desk last week about any update, I was told it was still supposed to ship in July. I checked the "shipping room" page today and saw that it was now expected to ship in early August. Bummer.
LRG's not exactly known for meeting their target ship dates. They've got about 70 different SKUs to fulfill so things tend to slide around on the shipping schedule a lot. Not defending their practice (they sell way too much stuff and can't keep up), but they will ship it one day. As the saying goes on the LRG thread, "You'll get your shit eventually"™.

Now that I have stopped buying LRG stuff and in the process of selling everything, I realized how stupid it was to spend money on it in the first place at least in my case lol

Now that I have stopped buying LRG stuff and am in the process of selling everything, I realized how stupid it was to spend money on it in the first place at least in my case lol
I want about half of my LRG stuff and the other items I am trying to get rid of. I bought it back when I had to have everything they put out, feel dumb now. But its not selling and I do not want to sell too much under what I paid for them. Guess it will come to that eventually.

I want about half of my LRG stuff and the other items I am trying to get rid of. I bought it back when I had to have everything they put out, feel dumb now. But its not selling and I do not want to sell too much under what I paid for them. Guess it will come to that eventually.
I'd play the long game unless I really needed the cash or the space. Your already in now, doubt they they will ever be worthless. Hopefully they are sealed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Now that I have stopped buying LRG stuff and am in the process of selling everything, I realized how stupid it was to spend money on it in the first place at least in my case lol
I'm in the same club... I really only should have bought games I wanted but bought a bunch of other stuff because of the collect-ability aspect of it. I'm looking at my PS4 collection and I think it's like 70% LRG games, of which I really only wanted like... 4-5 of them.

Same boat. I started with breach and clear for the vita but I never got around to playing it, then I found myself buying every vita release but never found time to even opening one. By the time I got to plague road for vita I realized I never opened one of them I stopped buying them. Then i was buying a lot of ps4 ones and stopped because so many were shitty games, but I actually opened and played those. Now I just buy ones I actually want to play.

They've been milking it harder than ever as of late too, releasing multiple shitty shovel ware games or re-releases  of old readily available games (not even remasters) every week. Most games are "open pre-orders" now too instead of actually being limited. The whole thing is a joke.

So,  Bestbuy just let me order Link's Awakening Dreamer edition for shipping.

I've it in my bestbuy cart forever, hoping it would magically let me order it.  Figured once it left cart I'd never get it back.

It seems like they could benefit from some official, reasonable avenue for reselling or trading. All of their products are "sold out" and even if some of it looks interesting, there's no way I'm paying $100+ for Curse of the Moon on ebay, for example. 

It seems like they could benefit from some official, reasonable avenue for reselling or trading. All of their products are "sold out" and even if some of it looks interesting, there's no way I'm paying $100+ for Curse of the Moon on ebay, for example.
Those exist in an unofficial capacity, the issue is that everyone uses eBay for valuing their trades. Nobody's going to trade Bloodstained ($100) for something like Mutant Mudds ($20).

They've also got a ton of back stock (usually used to replace damaged copies) that they sell via an annual blowout sale at the beginning of the year. But this year they've released like a hundred games, I have a feeling that will be a giant cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back