Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
That said, I still have no hype for either game because I want something new and risky from Sony.
They're making a sequel to one of the most beloved, genre-defining games ever... that nobody asked for. You can't get riskier than that. :lol:

In all seriousness... I really don't care if the PS5 is the most basic console next gen. Nintendo is out there trying new things, MS has seemingly given up (sharing titles with Nintendo, becoming rumored streaming box, exclusives have been mostly duds). I'm ok with one, traditional console.

In other news... my LAR UK CE was inspected by customs according to iparcel... great. Can't wait to see what condition it arrives in.:bomb:

I just found out that the Link’s Awakening Dreamer Edition has a copy of the game with exclusive cover artwork. Why the hell don’t they advertise this stuff? I would have bought one, but now they’re all sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just found out that the Link’s Awakening Dreamer Edition has a copy of the game with exclusive cover artwork. Why the hell don’t they advertise this stuff? I would have bought one, but now they’re all sold out.

You may want to hit up that person a few posts above yours that said he will be returning the Dreamer's Edition to the store on Tuesday.

Looks like the cover is the same but the back has a nice design because all the relevant info is on the main box. I would say that is a pretty common occurrence with CEs.

Looks like the cover is the same but the back has a nice design because all the relevant info is on the main box. I would say that is a pretty common occurrence with CEs.
I can think of a few, but it seems that the overwhelming majority are a regular standard edition copy (outside of perhaps having Not For Resale in place of a barcode).

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Target actually shipped my Dreamer Edition after being backordered. I'm surprised TBH, but I guess Nintendo just got these out late.

Got my LAR from Amazon UK and the shipping box was all shredded and torn up... the sides of the shipping box were literally made with paper... I mentioned before they use cheap materials over there, man do they ever. But thankfully the game box came in good shape. Some minor creases on one side, that's it. But for some reason the game box reeks of some type of perfume type smell. Don't know if the employee who boxed it was wearing major perfume or if the UPS warehouse had some type of a spillage.

They also just announced a special Death Stranding PS4 Pro console:

attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.16.21 PM.png

Don't mind the shit photo. Snapped it when I saw it pop up on the stream lol
So cool.. Don't known were to pre-order yet?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last of us 2 has multiple editions comming. Were up at bestbuy for a min then got taken down.
Now that we have Joel written into the game, they have a purchase from me. Hope he's not sidelined too much but they had to add him in or else they'd have lost sales. Also, competing with FFVII in the same month? Talk about mistake. . .

Now that we have Joel written into the game, they have a purchase from me. Hope he's not sidelined too much but they had to add him in or else they'd have lost sales. Also, competing with FFVII in the same month? Talk about mistake. . .
I'm pretty sure Joel was always in the game and was not just added in.

At least they didn't go with the 2/28 rumored release date. That would have been really dumb.

Last of Us II pictures of the different editions:

[attachment=32798:EFQb1jlVAAA-xBg.jpg][attachment=32799:EFQb2LHUEAA37qf.jpg][attachment=32800:EFQb09GUcAAvG_e.jpg]

Glad to see the LoU special edition has a steelbook if the Ellie edition turns out not worth it.

Ellie Edition is just the backpack and record for $90? Time to cancel and downgrade.  BB does not mention the statue for the CE...

Umm, he was in the first trailer but yeah I'm pretty sure Square also added Tifa in the FFVII remake too...
He was in the first trailer, alluding that he was now dead. For him to suddenly pop back up with a reveal that audiences wanted, it was sales bait and nice to know they were willing to deliver for fans (and job security ;)).

Joel is bigger than the game, so they really had no choice IMO.

Best Buy doing something new - if you are a my Best Buy member it looks like you get 10% off any of those Last of Us editions even if you dont have GCU

is this something new? or have they always done this?

edit: never mind, it was a birthday coupon.

Best Buy doing something new - if you are a my Best Buy member it looks like you get 10% off any of those Last of Us editions even if you dont have GCU

How did you get this discount.. I don't see the discount

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

You sure it's not a birthday coupon?

Weird but the collector's edition isnt listed on BB's website anymore. It does show up in my "purchases" menu but no product link. Hope it doesnt affect my order.

I'm kind of shocked no one is talking about the Death Stranding PS4 Pro. These things always end up selling out and shooting up in value, so it's probably a good idea to get a pre-order in for it now. 

With a year left in the generation...meh.
Not saying there are that many folks still looking for a PS4 Pro, but it's usually collectors that buy these things anyway, so the PS5's impending launch shouldn't affect this thing's long term desirability too much.

I'm kind of shocked no one is talking about the Death Stranding PS4 Pro. These things always end up selling out and shooting up in value, so it's probably a good idea to get a pre-order in for it now.
Because it doesn't look that good. Better value is to use that $400 and put it into a mutual or ETF fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back