Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loot boxes and RNG are killing games. Not every game needs to be Destiny or Overwatch....
I've said it a dozen times on here before. Both customers and publishers need to start supporting $80-100 brand new, full, complete games.

I'm waiting for some publisher to come along and revolutionize it. Make it the norm for the most robust AAA games, and stand by your product. Most importantly, stop devaluing your own IPs with price drops.

from BB chat answering my questions.....  they send me the normal number.. :whistle2:k

I have a good news for you!

I will help you with our dedicated team contact number 1-888-237-8289 they will be able to happy to  help you with the character dlc  pre-order bonus

from BB chat answering my questions..... they send me the normal number.. :whistle2:k

I have a good news for you!

I will help you with our dedicated team contact number 1-888-237-8289 they will be able to happy to help you with the character dlc pre-order bonus
Best Buy Forums > Private Message > Recipient = Gaming-BBY

Link: https://forums.bestbuy.com/

I got my code about 2 hours after i submitted a message to them. Just make sure you put your order #, name, and email on the message as well as the subject so it is more noticeable and state what the issue is. Works every time if you follow the steps above. Calling also works but this way is faster since it goes directly to the Gaming reps. I think the issue is that the Beta Codes were auto generated when you ordered the game, so their shit system thinks the code has been delivered and they then have to manually generate a code for Shao Kahn. Stupid fucking system IMO.

In other news, I just got back from Best Buy and they already have Days Gone in the holding area for pickups lol. CE box is pretty large. Actually really excited for the game this week. Plan on playing it a bunch over the weekend provided I can find time.

This isn't really a collectors edition game question, more of a collectors edition guide question but do any of guys know if Future Press guides are region specific or anything? 

I'm trying to find a copy of the CE guide for Horizon Zero Dawn and my cousin the UK said there's a store that has them in stock (still full price but better than eBay prices). He's coming to the states later this summer so I was wondering if it's the same as the one's available here since I like my collection uniform when possible. 

This isn't really a collectors edition game question, more of a collectors edition guide question but do any of guys know if Future Press guides are region specific or anything?

I'm trying to find a copy of the CE guide for Horizon Zero Dawn and my cousin the UK said there's a store that has them in stock (still full price but better than eBay prices). He's coming to the states later this summer so I was wondering if it's the same as the one's available here since I like my collection uniform when possible.
They're somewhat region specific. In parts of Europe, the spine text is rotated 180° from what we're used to in the US. I don't know which way it is in the UK, but I do have two English copies of the Deus Ex guide from Future Press and the spine text orientation is different on each one.

Perfect-Bound-Book-Spine-Orientation-Choices.png

So I'm about 15 hours in and level 25 with Odyssey and I'm just not seeing the greed. I fundamentally think it's greedy to offer XP boosts to circumvent doing side quests but the side content is good enough and the world good enough to warrant your attention. After that, I'd say it's confusing and possibly expensive if you are a completionist who wants every skin/horse/etc. Beyond that the amount of content given in the the vanilla and gold versions are just ridiculous.

MK11 looks much more offensive maybe because they just didn't test payout well (unlikely) or want to punish the average player into paying for consumables (likely). Not sure if WB is the culprit or Netherealm is complicit but if it's as bad as it looks I hope they are tarred and feathered in public over it.
The fact of the mater is that games cost a lot more to make nowadays and the prices haven't gone up on them as a result. These publishers/devs have got to make a profit somehow and the path that has seemed to work for a lot of them is microtransactions and I agree that some games handle them worse than others. In the case of AC Odyssey the game is filled to the brim with content and same can be said with MK11 as far as fighters go, but the thing with MK is that a lot of the content is behind the lootbox system and the Krypt and the in-game currency isn't exactly generous.

I'd personally be happy to pay more for games and not have any microtransactions, but the industry seems scared to release a standard edition of a game for more than $60 and would rather charger microtransactions and also release more expensive editions alongside the standard release.
I bought the gold edition day one and I'm happy to see how much content ubi has provided. About the the greed.. I was defending ubisoft on the whole paying for xp boost until halfway through the game. I did sidequests regularly and about halfway through I needed to level up like 6 levels for the next storyline mission and it became a bit grindy. Enemies leveled up with you too so you couldn't easily grind up. I've read that ubi adjusted the grind with updates and that could be the difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Since everyone's comments are on a similar topic, I'd like to address it specifically and explain a bit. As gamers, it's past the point of "oh it's skins only, it doesn't affect gameplay" or "game costs have gone up".

Assassin's Creed Origins base game: $60

AC: Origins deluxe: $80

AC: Origins Gold with season pass and ALL DLC: $100

Assassin's Creed Odyssey base game $60

AC: Odyssey deluxe: $80

AC: Odyssey Gold with season pass and only SOME DLC: $110 (plus loads of gated content and micro transactions)

Just speaking to the AC series and ubisoft in the past two years, they increased the cost of the gold edition, where Origins had all content from the lesser editions. Now the latest AC game Odyssey had a price increase of $10, and it does not come with content from lesser editions. On top of that they jacked up resource costs and lowered drop rates, that have been continually manipulated with patches over the past six months.

Also another crowd favorite is Call of Duty. That and the AC series are some of the biggest franchises in the world. Back in the day, a CoD game would have a decent length single player campaign, and a decent size multiplayer portion. Throughout the years the single player campaign got shorter and shorter, whereas today it doesn't exist. The season pass for extra maps used to be $30... then $40... now $50. So what Activision did was cut the maps in half that you would normally get at launch, and sell the game piecemeal. On top of that, the current CoD Black Ops 4 has loot boxes, paywalls, and content in addition to the base game and season pass.

My whole point to the specific examples above: they started small with season passes and micro transactions, and now today it's blatantly being abused. Content continually is cut from the base game and being sold back in passes or annual fees. Even if you paid $110 for AC: Odyssey gold or CoD Blops 4, you still cannot get all content! What was once a $60 game with loads of content, is now $110 for the game and even more to purchase after that!

I disgress, I get it. Costs have increased. So unlike the grocery shrink ray, just charge more for your product. And now studios do... yet are STILL holding back content! Base games today are not $60, they are on average $100 (see AC Gold editions, R6 gold, Division 2 gold, CoD Pro edition, MK11 Premium. Even with price increases, content is being held back to sell back to you later!

Everyone knows Ubisoft is the fecal matter of the game industry except for the people who think the Division is good and bought the 2nd one.

They're somewhat region specific. In parts of Europe, the spine text is rotated 180° from what we're used to in the US. I don't know which way it is in the UK, but I do have two English copies of the Deus Ex guide from Future Press and the spine text orientation is different on each one.

Perfect-Bound-Book-Spine-Orientation-Choices.png
Awesome, thanks for the very specific response! Maybe I'll dig around some more and see if the Horizon guide specifically has any major differences.

So. Bestbuy says something I ordered has been delivered. But it's not here. Guess I get to find out how cs handles this one.
Give it one more day. Occasionally UPS will lie about delivery and it shows up the following day or else a neighbor might have it.

So. Bestbuy says something I ordered has been delivered. But it's not here. Guess I get to find out how cs handles this one.
Agree with both responses above^

I'd wait a day and also follow up with your neighbors. When I had issues with mail theft in my building a while back, something similar happened to me. Best Buy will issue a replacement for no cost. Be careful if you still have GCU though, as the original transaction remains on your account, so it may count towards the annual purchase limit. I only needed the one copy, so I never followed up on the actual effect to my GCU account. Just something to keep in mind.

Usps lost my package once and was never found nor was I able to get a refund. And oh their customer service is pretty much nonexistent.

UPS customer service is waaaaay better than USPS. USPS is definitely the worst. First of all, to get a rep on the phone you literally need to trick their 1 800 number. Not even hyperbole. If you want to find info about a package it'll just ask you for a tracking number and it'll just reiterate what the website tells you. You need to either go to a different part of the menu and then hit 0 a few times for an operator.

Then they'll just tell you to file a claim and they'll call you in 48-72 hours. In my life I've filled out about 10, never got a call back once.

In my experience, you wouldn't even contact UPS customer service. If you follow their online guide, it'll tell you that you need to contact the seller as they bear the burden of a lost package. I had a PS4 game go missing and Best Buy shipped out a replacement for free. No hassle. You just have to wait a few days to make sure the package is truly lost (and not misdelivered or delayed) before they'll send the replacement.

Of course, this assumes it's something that's still in stock. If it's a limited item, you may just get a refund.

Mortal Kombat 11 Collector's Edition has been up on Gamestop for a while now. Flop
I mean, it looks terrible, right? I've never been interested in game statues so I know I'm biased but when I was trying to figure out what kind of stupid metal case came with premium I saw countless "stay away" unboxing videos for the MK11 CE.

looks like Amazon UK getting an exclusive Days Gone steelbook bundle with the game, the way it being sold probably won't be able to purchase separately.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
5a0cfa7bed09d9d36927f7c8b8b394a7.jpg

I mean, it looks terrible, right? I've never been interested in game statues so I know I'm biased but when I was trying to figure out what kind of stupid metal case came with premium I saw countless "stay away" unboxing videos for the MK11 CE.

Essentially you're paying $200 for a scorpion bust.

Anyone see if their Days Gone CE has shipped yet?
Mine did from Target. Supposed to be here Saturday which isn't going to work for me. If it ends up being rare (read: 0% chance) then it's getting sold, otherwise it's going back. Already got burned on GoW which I played all of maybe 10 hours of for "the greatest game evar!"; yeah bullshit lol. Not making the same mistake this time.

Mine did from Target. Supposed to be here Saturday which isn't going to work for me. If it ends up being rare (read: 0% chance) then it's getting sold, otherwise it's going back. Already got burned on GoW which I played all of maybe 10 hours of for "the greatest game evar!"; yeah bullshit lol. Not making the same mistake this time.
GoW was an amazing game and definite GoTY. Greatest game ever made, I don't agree with. From what I have heard, Days Gone is much better than people expected it to be. But the only way to verify this is to play the game myself lol

GoW was an amazing game and definite GoTY. Greatest game ever made, I don't agree with. From what I have heard, Days Gone is much better than people expected it to be. But the only way to verify this is to play the game myself lol
At the time the hype train was real though. It was getting reviews on par with Ocarina of Time IIRC so yeah, it was being touted as best game ever to some degree. I honestly feel like those reviews stemmed more from the fact that many reviewers are dads now, however. I fucking hate kids, won't have them so for me it did nothing on that front. Obviously it was a well put together game, no doubt, but the gameplay was absolutely boring as a been there done that to me. I'm just hopeful Days Gone doesn't have that same, old car smell.

At the time the hype train was real though. It was getting reviews on par with Ocarina of Time IIRC so yeah, it was being touted as best game ever to some degree. I honestly feel like those reviews stemmed more from the fact that many reviewers are dads now, however. I fucking hate kids, won't have them so for me it did nothing on that front. Obviously it was a well put together game, no doubt, but the gameplay was absolutely boring as a been there done that to me. I'm just hopeful Days Gone doesn't have that same, old car smell.
The gameplay vids (free of spoilers) look incredible to me at least. I am looking forward to it heavily. It reminds me a bit of Mad Max how the world was open. Loved that game. Sad it flew under everyone's radar.

I can't recall anyone saying GoW was greatest game ever or even anticipating it as being the best game of 2018. I think everyone was expecting RDR2 to maybe that take crown. Personally GoW was easily my GotY for 2018, loved it start to finish. RDR2 was kind of a let down because of the 2nd half which got a little too ridiculous/tedious IMO and everyone seems to disagree on the ending/epilogue (I loved both, personally).

Yeah. I remember people holding their breath for GoW. Even saw a video reveal of reviews with developers crying tears of joy that they didn’t let down the franchise. Hearing similar rumblings on this one especially with the embargo.

If you return the item to Target they may put it on the clearance rack as an "online return" or "as is" item at a possibly big discount. Not exactly sure how that works though, but it may be worth keeping an eye on.

Gow was fantastic, has a 94 on metacritic which does not equal greatest game of all time and I think it's accurate. I do recall BotW hype train and greatest game of all time.. and yea its not.

I can't recall anyone saying GoW was greatest game ever or even anticipating it as being the best game of 2018. I think everyone was expecting RDR2 to maybe that take crown. Personally GoW was easily my GotY for 2018, loved it start to finish. RDR2 was kind of a let down because of the 2nd half which got a little too ridiculous/tedious IMO and everyone seems to disagree on the ending/epilogue (I loved both, personally).
Heh, another game I spent maybe 10 hours with. I'm questioning if it's really gaming burnout or fatigue with sequels. Given that Divinity 2 really managed to grab us lately, I'd have to side on the latter. I think AAA needs to crash to get any real innovation going again, and it could do to start with how Anthem turned out TBH.

If you return the item to Target they may put it on the clearance rack as an "online return" or "as is" item at a possibly big discount. Not exactly sure how that works though, but it may be worth keeping an eye on.
Think it would beat ~$94 before tax? That's how much it was thanks to the B2G1 cancel trick. Problem is I still have GCU so I can't justify paying double for a bunch of CE items I care little about. Getting the deal was the real draw there, but not if it's still twice the price.

GOW was definitely my GOTY 2018, and I was very satisfied with the collector's edition, especially the steelbook and the figurine.  I'm a dad so maybe that's the reason but I personally felt that all the hype was justified.  I wouldn't call it the greatest game ever, but I do want to point out the fact that it keeps getting increasingly difficult to claim that throne in today's industry.  The technology is so advanced, the industry matured as well, and there have never been this many great games released.  I'd say it is 10 times more difficult for a game to impress me than a teenage me.  It is not even an age thing or nostalgia thing, I would say our expectations are higher when it comes to GOAT discussion.

If this GOW came out as a PS4 launch title game back in 2013 with the same quality, I'm sure its Metacritic score would've been 95 or 96.  And it will definitely go down as the best launch title in history ever, if not GOAT.

Yeah, Monster Hunter World was and is amazing. The living world that they made with each area and the interactions between the monsters puts in a whole different level from other hunting game. And, as someone who cares an awful god damn lot about the technical aspect of games, getting to play the PC version with proper visuals and frame rate after years of largely hand-held MH games was just amazing. 

God of War and Monster Hunter World were easily the two best games I played in 2018.
I really want to play that game, never liked the series but MH World seems like it's worth playing. But I still need to start/finish Spider-Man (picked up on my brother's PS4 during Thanksgiving last year but can't transfer my save) and KHIII (really, just want closure on the series).

But first, I should really finish the games I'm playing now/have been putting off for a yr...:p

Hollow Knight was the best game I played in 2018. I loved it. Loved God of War, Spiderman, others too. Celeste was another one I loved, picked up the CE from LRG.

How about Kratos is the greatest game character of all time...BAM!

Judge did a  good job, but I still say TC Carson should've still been the voice......

So I had received a discount coupon from my expiring GCU, and decided to pull trigger on Darksiders 3 Apocalypse Edition.  I knew the game isn't that good but just wanted to maximize my savings (which is not really a smart way of thinking I know).  20% GCU discount + 25% coupon discount made it $240.

I think it was discounted in Best Buy and Gamestop in the past down to $300, and it would've been ideal if I could do 20%+25% on $300 price but it ended up being a good deal because I absolutely love the quality of the figurines.  All 4 are lovely.  I'm no expert and certainly not a professional collector but these are definitely better than 90% of what's out there.

If it dips to around $250 I can wholeheartedly recommend for you.

So I had received a discount coupon from my expiring GCU, and decided to pull trigger on Darksiders 3 Apocalypse Edition. I knew the game isn't that good but just wanted to maximize my savings (which is not really a smart way of thinking I know). 20% GCU discount + 25% coupon discount made it $240.

I think it was discounted in Best Buy and Gamestop in the past down to $300, and it would've been ideal if I could do 20%+25% on $300 price but it ended up being a good deal because I absolutely love the quality of the figurines. All 4 are lovely. I'm no expert and certainly not a professional collector but these are definitely better than 90% of what's out there.

If it dips to around $250 I can wholeheartedly recommend for you.
I agree those are great figures - my GCU already expired however while browsing the amazon warehouse sale they one that was in used - very good condition. I was able to get it for $153 after the 20% off. Outside of the box having some scuffs and minor dents everything inside was factory sealed.

My only gripe with MHW was the medal drop rate. What a grind it was. Optional but still silly.
When people figured out that the cauldron for rerolling enhancements was rigged and not RNG at all, that's when I pulled up shop. I was already killing bagel-bomber by then and saw the light with character progression just being a grind with nothing left to beat so that was the end of my ride. It was a great ride up to that point, though.

I agree those are great figures - my GCU already expired however while browsing the amazon warehouse sale they one that was in used - very good condition. I was able to get it for $153 after the 20% off. Outside of the box having some scuffs and minor dents everything inside was factory sealed.
Awesome deal you scored! Especially given that it's factory sealed... That's better than Gamestop 'new' lol

I've noticed on the shipping box for mk11 CE it says blank number of 9547 pieces shipped to USA from China. I'm assuming that means that many exist in the USA..that seems pretty rare for that big of a game that has 20,000 worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back