Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say it’s pretty common. I preordered the Ni No Kuni 2 CE seven months before launch, first preorder at my local store. On launch day, my CE that was reserved to me was shipped in a trailer without any packaging, dented, scratched, and obliterated. A $200 CE was treated like a hacky sack. I don’t even care the value, even if the item is a $5 dvd, nothing should be treated with that much disregard.
I'd agree that it's common. Slapping stickers right on the products and carelessly handling products. Especially steelbooks. They slap the sticker on the case and then slide and fumble it across that metal shelf. I think it just comes down to the individual and a certain level of conscientiousness
You know what I found interesting is when best buy decided to sell the let's go pikachu steelbook separately for like $40 they decided to put it in a hard plastic case and treat it like its the hope diamond

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EU CE (GAME Exclusive) contents seems to mirror with Asian version sold at Playasia
bff747b589334f62b23598b912e4c383.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/2B-2jimjPzA

Disappointed in the ruckus head...I had seen what seemed like real pics of one and it looked awesome

Might cancel my preorder now and get the deluxe.

Exactly! ^ plus I think it would be cool to hang up for Halloween. If I display it regularly it would be without batteries lol

I’m hoping it looks better in real life, and this is a poor quality vid (cause I can barely read the box or the writing on the head)

Yeah I cancelled my Rage 2 CE after seeing that video. I mean I want the steelcase really bad, but I'll just try to find one on ebay after launch. I usually am a big fan of physical goodies like statues or figures in the CE, along with maybe an artbook, but that talking head is one of the few things I legitimately could not do anything with but hide it in my basement in a box out of embarrassment.

So did Project Triforce go bankrupt? Somebody in the sale post on the GS clearance of the CoD WW II Valor Collection said they did but I couldn’t find any coverage. Their last tweet was 18 months ago.

So did Project Triforce go bankrupt? Somebody in the sale post on the GS clearance of the CoD WW II Valor Collection said they did but I couldn’t find any coverage. Their last tweet was 18 months ago.
Project Triforce is a really interesting google hole to fall down. Last I saw there are still some ongoing lawsuits, but for the most part, PT has cut and run with not only the Yooka Laylee money, but any unfulfilled website orders going back to at least 2015, and considering most CC's only allow disputes for 6mo-1year, there's a lot of unhappy customers.

I've mentioned it in this thread before but It really is amazing that almost all the big publishers continued to throw money at them, even after PT lost lawsuits because they couldn't provide a quality product, but i'm guessing they lowballed whatever contract offers that the publishers put out.

*edit*

Fell down another google hole and found a lawsuit filing last month of Liberty Mutual Insurance suing PT for breach of contract. Also apparently their Chinese supplier is suing them because they didn't get paid as well. Looks like they're scamming all over the place, lol.

Apparently a Crackdown 3 CE was in the works with PT but that obviously fell thru.

Project Triforce is a really interesting google hole to fall down. Last I saw there are still some ongoing lawsuits, but for the most part, PT has cut and run with not only the Yooka Laylee money, but any unfulfilled website orders going back to at least 2015, and considering most CC's only allow disputes for 6mo-1year, there's a lot of unhappy customers.

I've mentioned it in this thread before but It really is amazing that almost all the big publishers continued to throw money at them, even after PT lost lawsuits because they couldn't provide a quality product, but i'm guessing they lowballed whatever contract offers that the publishers put out.
brb guys, starting a new figure company that will totally not take all your money and run. let me know if anyone wants in

This is really interesting! I can't find any major coverage and what's there is like two years old. Nobody ever bothered to investigate these guys? They got plenty of press for the Halo and GOW stuff years ago so I'm suprised no one covered this or I'm bad at Google. I've been burned bad from Indiegogo but can't remember getting stiffed by an etailer before. I learned that iam8bit's customer service email is just a head fake after trying to cancel an order but that's about it.

This is pain. I actually wanted Ni no Kuni 2 and got all editions because I loved the first game. The second game just doesn't stand up to the first and than CE dropped in price so quickly despite being "limited".
I regret getting it despite being a huge fan of the first. Sold the first one for more than I paid because it was quit rare. To be fair 2 is a better game than 1 with a much, much worse story.

This is pain. I actually wanted Ni no Kuni 2 and got all editions because I loved the first game. The second game just doesn't stand up to the first and than CE dropped in price so quickly despite being "limited".
Similar to you, I really enjoyed the first game and ordered both the CE from the US and UK. Even knowing that Ghibli wasn't invovled, the game looked pretty good. I haven't played it yet, and it seems like most people who liked the first were pretty disappointed with the 2nd even though the 2nd one reviewed pretty well.

https://youtu.be/pcB7l4yXqm8

Rage 2 ce unboxing. Looks like it looked when announced...not as pink lips like in the previous video (poster hella small tho)

Either way looks better and I’m glad I kept my preorder. Excited to play the game next week

Yea I plan to scare my puppy or see if he takes a bite out of ruckus. N then stash it away til Halloween

I did however cancel my fire emblem one. Paper goods n pins

Anybody else interested in getting the Super Mario Maker 2 stylus? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the US.

Game.co.uk has it, as does Amazon.co.jp. I'm more comfortable ordering from Amazon Japan, but the Game.co.uk bundle includes a Mario Maker 2 steelbook, notepad and pencil.

Also, anybody see the Bloodstained Ritual of the Night steelbook? It's also on Game.co.uk.

Anybody else interested in getting the Super Mario Maker 2 stylus? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the US.

Game.co.uk has it, as does Amazon.co.jp. I'm more comfortable ordering from Amazon Japan, but the Game.co.uk bundle includes a Mario Maker 2 steelbook, notepad and pencil.

Also, anybody see the Bloodstained Ritual of the Night steelbook? It's also on Game.co.uk.
Nope, I gave up on trying to order form Game.co.uk long ago. All I know is that this isn't a steelbook.

BloodstainedPOB.jpg

So I've been playing through and obsessing over the metal gear solid series and finally made it up to MGSV. I own the game digitally but as a huge fan now and a collector I figured I'd pick up the MGSV collectors edition and found one for like $65 on eBay new. What a shitty CE lol. It's laughably bad. Not too upset because I get the feeling I'll put in easily 65 hours into it and I'll feel it's worth it (I'm already 14 hours in and not even super far story wise I don't believe) but damn. Nice steel book though. Hope the behind the scenes Blu Ray is as good as the mgsiv one

So I've been playing through and obsessing over the metal gear solid series and finally made it up to MGSV. I own the game digitally but as a huge fan now and a collector I figured I'd pick up the MGSV collectors edition and found one for like $65 on eBay new. What a shitty CE lol. It's laughably bad. Not too upset because I get the feeling I'll put in easily 65 hours into it and I'll feel it's worth it (I'm already 14 hours in and not even super far story wise I don't believe) but damn. Nice steel book though. Hope the behind the scenes Blu Ray is as good as the mgsiv one
I bought 4 copies of the game at launch including 2 of the Collector's Editions (1 PS4/XB1 and regular copies for 360 and PS3) I collect all stuff MGS. Spent a lot of money that day lol.

Wouldnt surprise me. After the Arkham Knight CE fiasco I avoided anything related to them.

I bought 4 copies of the game at launch including 2 of the Collector's Editions (1 PS4/XB1 and regular copies for 360 and PS3) I collect all stuff MGS. Spent a lot of money that day lol.
Damn that's pretty impressive ... But you're also a good person to ask then. What other mgs stuff is good and worth picking up? I have the mgs iv Blu Ray and "art book" (tiniest junk book but I'll take it). Are the MGSV and MGSI-IV art books from dark horse I think any good? They definitely look pretty large. Any other cool stuff I should keep my eyes peeled for?

I'm probably gonna set this tiny ass mgs arm up in my office but man is this thing silly looking and tiny

Damn that's pretty impressive ... But you're also a good person to ask then. What other mgs stuff is good and worth picking up? I have the mgs iv Blu Ray and "art book" (tiniest junk book but I'll take it). Are the MGSV and MGSI-IV art books from dark horse I think any good? They definitely look pretty large. Any other cool stuff I should keep my eyes peeled for?

I'm probably gonna set this tiny ass mgs arm up in my office but man is this thing silly looking and tiny
The 1/1 scale arm from the Japanese CE, and the Quiet statue from Gecco are both pretty cool.

I never bothered with the MGSV CE here, thought the idea of half scale arm was dumb as hell. but ended up getting the Japanese 1:1 Scale arm which is really cool. Its currently my PS4 controller holder lol.
[attachment=32191:20190508_204859.jpg]

Get one of these lol
[attachment=32193:4491AA3F-A90F-455A-A227-695253E2979E.jpeg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back